SNES Classic Discussion Thread

Literally went to GS after I got the email. It's a 2 minute drive. The store was completely empty and the manager said she was sold out.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just got back from GS. Got there 15 minutes after the tweet went out. Store had 6 available. I was #2 and as I was swiping my CC, 4 more people filed in. Nintendo is a PITA.

Went into my local GameStop and paid for one in full. No problem at all.

Make sure you scan your receipt and email a copy to yourself just in case.

God or something doesn't want me to have this. Missed BestBuy one by minutes. The Amazon one by a few hrs because I was browsing something else. This Target one because I couldn't find my  fuck wallet....

Fuc$....I better get this Walmart one.

Edit: fuck walmart already went up? Must've been when I was tearing my house apart looking for my wallet to pay for my damn Target order. jj dsfjkldsjflkdsj lfjdlksjf;ldsj;fjsd

Stopped by my local GS right when I heard. Employee said they had 7 total. Person in front of me got #7. I got #6. Then "out of breath guy who parked and ran across traffic" got #5. Depending on the area, I wouldn't expect stock to last much beyond another hour or two tops. YMMV.

God or something doesn't want me to have this. Missed BestBuy one by minutes. The Amazon one by a few hrs because I was browsing something else. This Target one because I couldn't find my fuck wallet....

Fuc$....I better get this Walmart one.
I don't know how someone would've gotten the target one. I was refreshing the page on my phone using the app. Saw it go live, added to cart, verified my info with fingerprint, hit place order, and I got an error. Aka, it was already sold out. I couldn't have been any faster and it wasn't fast enough.

I pre ordered mine in store just a few minutes ago got a "message from a mod" for posting it in the wrong thread oh well lol my guess is GameStop online is gonna do that dumb bundle crap again and in store might be only way to get it from them vanilla

Crazy how fast these sold out at Walmart and Target. I got to the last part of checkout with both and then dreaded oos messages. Guess I was lucky to get one at Amazon this morning.

I also still have an Amazon UK order open that will probably go to my brother-in-law. He still enjoys playing NES Classic every day.

This was one of the rare occasions where working midnights​ had an advantage. Managed to snag one from Amazon last night. Overall I would still say I lost. But at least I got this piece of plastic!

GameStop was easy, got the first pre-order in once I saw Wario64's retweet from GameStop. Their system is acting up though because of all the activity (or just my stores crappy internet service), so be sure to stick it out if it doesn't accept your cards. I was told 10 per store, but I can imagine that varying from store to store. I was disappointed that Target.com went out so quick, I had it in my cart and was ready to check out. I'm actually glad that I got it from GameStop, didn't have to put the full amount down right away ($25 down was the minimum), plus found that I still had some trade credit. The rest is being paid with some trades for sure lol.

Dude, it's the Twilight Zone is this Gamestop. Black Friday line behind me, and the phone had rang like 30 times just since I've been here. The poor associate just keeps saying the same thing. Only one person working, and no advance warning. Gamestop is evil.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Gamestop of all places, I love you! (As long as you don't screw this up).

I am fortunate enough to have a GS about 2 minutes from work. I called upon seeing the news you might be able to succeed in-store. He said 'Yep, but you better get down here.' I wemt on lunch, and hit all 3 stop lights on the way as I was cursing up a storm.

I walk in and the guy helps me out. I have to put $25 down, and I think I signed up (or I have to when I pick it up) for their subscription rewards program (or whatever it is). By the time I finish checking out, there are no less than 4 people behind me, and the phone has been ringing constantly. He then informs the people behind me that they are now sold out. I got the last one.

Their allotment was 7 systems. So considering shipments of the NES classic were usually 3 units, I guess nintendo actually is producing significantly more! *rolls eyes*

I asked the guy, 'So, this is guaranteed?' And he said barring anything catastrophic.

Good luck to anyone else trying.

I don't know how someone would've gotten the target one. I was refreshing the page on my phone using the app. Saw it go live, added to cart, verified my info with fingerprint, hit place order, and I got a error. Aka, it was already sold out. I couldn't have been any faster and it wasn't fast enough.
Yep, it's insane. I was in the same boat. Happened to me with Walmart too. Feels like stock transaction bots are being used to snatch these before humans even have a chance.

I pre ordered mine in store just a few minutes ago got a "message from a mod" for posting it in the wrong thread oh well lol my guess is GameStop online is gonna do that dumb bundle crap again and in store might be only way to get it from them vanilla
That thread is only to report availability, not to post "I got one." When you posted in the thread it sent an alert to everyone who is following it.

Did the legit Amazon page change at all?
It was not a legit page. Page was a 3rd party seller page. Read the description, says:

Description
Pre-ordered and shipping was confirmed. Will ship on Sept. 29th. Prior to buying the SNES, I have successfully shipped several NES Classic Editions

I don't know how someone would've gotten the target one. I was refreshing the page on my phone using the app. Saw it go live, added to cart, verified my info with fingerprint, hit place order, and I got an error. Aka, it was already sold out. I couldn't have been any faster and it wasn't fast enough.
Hmm makes me feel a little better. I hit add to cart and went to checkout but I didnt have a valid credit to use. It's possible it was never in my cart in the first place.

I was thinking of heading down to Gamestop, but I called them and no one answered...I think the boat sailed on that one also. Meh, I'll just chance it somewhere release date. I'll camp a bit if I have to. Pissed me off I never got the NES Classic, even though I had a Target preorder for it that they canceled on me. Just bad luck since.

Just got back from my 3 local Gamestops (normally, relatively low traffic for items like this).  ALL THREE SOLD OUT WITHIN 20 MINUTES OF GOING LIVE.

The final one at my normal Gamestop was sold as I walked in the door.  Drove over to the nearby mall location (~2 min) and found out they sold out within the last 5 minutes.  There were lines of 5-8 people at each when the listing went live.  The location across town said they had a line of 20 people (for ~10 preorders).

Told my boss I had an emergency and bolted to the nearest gamestop which is in the hood.  I was planning to go to the one by my house but i figured it would be already sold out by the time i got get.  But was first in line. Ahh such a relieve that I dont have to be trying to find one anymore. 

All my local Bay Area GS sold out, called 4 of them, oh well, hopefully the Amazon and BBY ones stick. One of them started ranting about how Nintendo does this same shit every time.

Got one in store in Glen Burnie, MD. They had 9 I was the 2nd person to get one. Called a store 10 mins away from that one and they said their system wasn't letting them sell them yet, but there was already a line for what they were getting. 

Had one in cart on Walmart and Target websites, but sold out before I could check out. 

My gamestop got 4 and luckily I was the 4th.  I then walked next door to Hot Topic and found a chase Phillip funko pop so my afternoon feeling pretty good right now ^_^ 

Told my boss I had an emergency and bolted to the nearest gamestop which is in the hood. I was planning to go to the one by my house but i figured it would be already sold out by the time i got get. But was first in line. Ahh such a relieve that I dont have to be trying to find one anymore.
Instead, you'll just have to find a job.

bread's done
Back