SNES Classic Discussion Thread

crashing at checkout 

ya stuck at checkout. Of course now my 14 year old is like "i want one" lol. ugh. was told in store it was onyl one per person but dont have another gamestop remotely close to me. looks like im gonna have to share LOL. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Went to my local gamestop as soon as I heard they were doing pre-orders. Took me 10 minutes to get there. I was 7 of 7 in the pre-order line. With people frantically showing up and forming a line.

according to forbes theyre saying Gamestop preorders are live in store?

...not sure if thats true or not
Yes, I called GS and computer showed it was available just before 1pm, then when I was in there pre-ordering the GS memo came across their computer announcing that pre-orders were live. I went to a second GS and got another, but their computers were very slow because of the pre-order traffic on the system. Both stores said they were allotted 7 each for pre-orders (with 5 people in line the 2nd place I went about 1:45pm).

Managed to get one in at a  Gamestop store, was 2nd in line waiting for a couple of knuckle heads in front of me trade in a a garbage bag full of useless peripherals for $41 dollars and then cancel the trade in because the money wasn't good enough. I asked the clerk how many they had for preorder but was told they are not allowed to divulge that information to customers.

For anyone interested in my story here it is: 

• Alerted on Discord about Gamestop
  • Gamestop website down
  • Call local Gamestop. "Pre orders aren't up now, but they will be by the time you get here." 
  • Drive to GS. They are giving out numbers for when PO go live; there are about eight people. 
  • I get No. 5. 
  • There are about 20 people now. 
  • "We will be getting a total of FOUR POs." -- Gamestop. Again, I had No. 5. 
  • Someone on Discord suggests asking for web to store PO. I try it out, but have to wait. 
  • Things did "not look good" per the GS employee. Forty people in store. Phone won't stop ringing. 
  • But then, all of a sudden, BUNDLES GO LIVE. I've never been so happy for a bundle. I paid $20 extra for a digital strategy guide. 
  • Total $112 with tax. 
This SNES Classic thing started what, like a few months ago? It's FINALLY OVER for me. 

I'm not bragging. It's been nuts. I sincerely wish everyone luck! Thanks CAG!

I did a web-in-store order for a bundle at Gamestop $107 after tax, paid-in-full.  I am a piece of shit. 

Wasn't even trying to get one of these but happened to be at gs at the right time when picking up uncharted and preordered one anyway

Now I get one with no headache

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

fuck... just saw came back from a client meeting. 

Target let me add to cart but fucking had to re-confirm my RedCard number. Never had to to do that... sold out by the time I got to confirm order button. fuck..

Should I be worried that I wasn't offered a bundle in store? I think I may have had to sign up for their power rewards, but a bundle was never mentioned

guy in line in front of me got the last system for $25 down.  The associate said he had 10 total, but it turned out he only had 7 or 8.  So had to the the paid-in-full web order with a bundle.

I missed out just because I decided to waffle for 5min. and keep watching the .com listings at home instead of heading to GS immediately. 

Just got back from Gamestop in the Bronx. 5 People were there to Pre-order the SNES Classic. The female cashier looked disappointed when I asked to pre-order it, and thankfully I was on time. Got one through Gamestop in person. 

Walmart completely screwed me, I contacted my credit card company and they confirmed it was Walmart themselves who canceled my SNES Classic Pre-order.  What scum bags. My order went through and walmart canceled it 5 minutes later claiming there was a payment error which was a lie my card company confirmed. I'm about to give them a nasty call right now. 

cant get past the cart errors on the gamestop app but looks like the 99 dollar bundle is gone. so next cheapest now is 119

Just got back from Gamestop in the Bronx. 5 People were there to Pre-order the SNES Classic. The female cashier looked disappointed when I asked to pre-order it, and thankfully I was on time. Got one through Gamestop in person.

Walmart completely screwed me, I contacted my credit card company and they confirmed it was Walmart themselves who canceled my SNES Classic Pre-order. What scum bags. My order went through and walmart canceled it 5 minutes later claiming there was a payment error which was a lie my card company confirmed. I'm about to give them a nasty call right now.
Don't be the asshole who yells at a random CS agent who had nothing to do with it. Be happy you got one at Gamestop.

Walmart completely screwed me, I contacted my credit card company and they confirmed it was Walmart themselves who canceled my SNES Classic Pre-order. What scum bags. My order went through and walmart canceled it 5 minutes later claiming there was a payment error which was a lie my card company confirmed. I'm about to give them a nasty call right now.
You got one didnt you? Quit crying and be happy. Most people didnt get one at all.

Target still showing that bright red "preorder now" button... when they're sold out. fucking shit, I'm actually pissed right now because I was actually close to getting one. I'm wondering if Target had people reenter their info on purpose to slowdown checkout?:whistle2:

I'm still fuck in' around with the GS app, but it seems like a fuck ing futile effort. 

My GS store had 12 preorders and I was still the 3rd disappointed person walking out of there. They said employees at other stores and restaurants in the shopping center got the last preorders. I rushed over the millisecond the stickied thread was posted. At least I didn't kill anyone with vehicular manslaughter on the way there, so there is a bright side.  

So happy that I got one. I hope you all find ways to get yours, particularly if you want it to play it.

Walking into the Gamestop, I had low expectations, but when i heard I was the 6th of the 9 they had... I was elated.

You can absolutely tell who intends to re-sell them by how they look though. It's hard to explain, but easy to tell if you see.

I was beyond frustrated all night and morning with the dot com's failing... i nearly gave up too, but I saw one of you post about heading to a Gamestop nearby and thought... well, if we're gonna go out, let's go out shooting... so I gave it a shot anyway.

Thanks to those of you who are positive and helpful! Peace be with you and your SNES classic.

Even with a preorder in-store, it's hard to be 100 percent confident until we actually hopefully walk out of there with one on the 29th

Target still showing that bright red "preorder now" button... when they're sold out. fucking shit, I'm actually pissed right now because I was actually close to getting one. I'm wondering if Target had people reenter their info on purpose to slowdown checkout? :whistle2:k
doubtful, more then likely just site crashes due to traffic. I would guess there will be a few more opportunities randomly thoughout the days ahead on all of these websites.

I was able to add to cart 2 different random times at target and then unable to checkout.

gamestop.com is completely offline for ... "maintenance" ...

I'm still fuck in' around with the GS app, but it seems like a fuck ing futile effort.

My GS store had 12 preorders and I was still the 3rd disappointed person walking out of there. They said employees at other stores and restaurants in the shopping center got the last preorders. I rushed over the millisecond the stickied thread was posted. At least I didn't kill anyone with vehicular manslaughter on the way there, so there is a bright side.
Yeah but some of those people could've been your competition... and you let them get away.

Thanks to those of you who are positive and helpful!
You can absolutely tell who intends to re-sell them by how they look though. It's hard to explain, but easy to tell if you see.
The re-sellers have a certain "used car salesman" look. Like Gus from the Simpsons.

Nothing "gamer" about them. They look and act like they're just trying to make a buck. Calls 'em like I sees 'em...

I managed to get one in store after waiting around an hour for the system to come up. My store only got 4 preorders and I was number 3. The clerk started taking down peoples numbers for when it came up, and I was not about to play that game.

Honestly though, Ill also admit, this whole thing is so ridiculous.

Even with a preorder in-store, it's hard to be 100 percent confident until we actually hopefully walk out of there with one on the 29th
This is why I just decided to pay the full price with credit card instead of gift cards. Didn't want any trip ups, throwing the gc out or them saying I never preordered.

bread's done
Back