SNES Classic Discussion Thread

My GS was out when I got there. I have one pre-order at BB and that weird one on amazon. Not feeling too confident in any of them to be honest lol

Was the third person at the GameStop by my work. Walked in and the woman behind the counter said that it wasn't coming up on the POS so they couldn't pre-order it. More people started filing in and she asked us if we wanted to get a callback (lol no) or to wait outside. So we all go outside and wait until another coworker arrives and the line fills up to about 50 people.

They provide updates while they try and figure out what's going on and eventually let the first two people inside. Then they ask me and the next person to come inside to order it and I walk up to the POS and they are bundles through the GS Online Cart? I had to order it via a bundle (comes with a book) and got it for $112 when all was said and done.

Took forever to get through the cart but eventually it was able to work... so it doesn't seem that this store did brick and mortar preorders as this will be shipped to my house. Does that mean that the store will be getting them at some point? Looking for some clarification here as I'm not familiar with how the newer POS works since I haven't worked there in 7 years.

YESSS!  I rushed over to Gamestop and their computers had crashed over this.  They said it happens every time something big happens, which is nearly every week it seems.  LOL  I was third in line for one and they had only 10 in stock. O_O;  The other buyers were store employees from other places in the strip plaza on their breaks and were a little worried about getting back as it was taking a long time to reboot the PCs.  LOL  I joked that I wanted to buy all 10. LOL  

Seriously they should have had at least 100 per store and that still wouldn't have been enough to get any though the day.  The calls was starting flooding in about this as well when I was checking out!  I was worried about them canceling, but the clerk girl said I got there very early and I should get one as this was the first time they had preorders for these.  It's the later waves of pre-orders that sometimes get canceled.  

Man, I'm so excited as I really wanted this really badly.  I'll be flipping quite a few tables if they cancel out as I paid in full on it.  GRR!  LOL!  So I'm hoping I do get one, as my next real option is camping out overnight somewhere to get one of the 2 that every store will probably be alloted.  LOL  

Was the third person at the GameStop by my work. Walked in and the woman behind the counter said that it wasn't coming up on the POS so they couldn't pre-order it. More people started filing in and she asked us if we wanted to get a callback (lol no) or to wait outside. So we all go outside and wait until another coworker arrives and the line fills up to about 50 people.

They provide updates while they try and figure out what's going on and eventually let the first two people inside. Then they ask me and the next person to come inside to order it and I walk up to the POS and they are bundles through the GS Online Cart? I had to order it via a bundle (comes with a book) and got it for $112 when all was said and done.

Took forever to get through the cart but eventually it was able to work... so it doesn't seem that this store did brick and mortar preorders as this will be shipped to my house. Does that mean that the store will be getting them at some point? Looking for some clarification here as I'm not familiar with how the newer POS works since I haven't worked there in 7 years.
Just to make you feel better, those of you who paid $112 for the book bundles also got charged $5 shipping when there was actually a free shipping option available. It should have been $100 + tax.

Last edited by a moderator:
The ThinkGeek Bundles wont even let me add any of them to the cart even the most expensive one. LMAO This is a disaster. 

I don't want one of these bad enough to buy a ThinkGeek bundle. I'll just hope they actually produce a decent amount of these in the future (haha).
I do. I have GS credit to burn. I'm also one of those dumb c**ts with a GS credit card to fuck around with. I'm assuming these work on thinkgeek. I've never tried.

I tried all 6 at once and the $169.99 one actually added
Thats been my tactic all along. You are a lucky man.

Thank jesus my boss let me run to the gamestop across the street. I got 1 (1 per customer). I need to get 3 total for me and my 2 brother inlaws. This one is for one of them cuz he bought me a switch and said if i get him an SNES classic we are even. Lol but glad I have 1 at the very least.

I messaged them, and it didnt seem like today. they said they are not like normal retail websites...
Had to get this exact bundle for the NES classic like a month ago. Still haven't been able to sell the other shit. My order right now is processing and stuck on "Placing order...".

It's fucking killing me

Must... resist... salty... Nintendo... rant...

MUST... RESIST... SALTY... RANT... AAARGH.... :bomb:
I'm resisting a very long rant, but I have to say that I am beginning to really resent Nintendo very much. I like their products, but they're business practices are frustrating. I don't even hate GS at all for the bundles. They are desperately trying to turn a profit when digital distribution is probably fuck ing them right now. Nintendo is responsible for this BS.

I'm resisting a very long rant, but I have to say that I am beginning to really resent Nintendo very much. I like their products, but they're business practices are frustrating. I don't even hate GS at all for the bundles. They are desperately trying to turn a profit when digital distribution is probably fuck ing them right now. Nintendo is responsible for this BS.
Yeah, I'm not as salty about this as I thought... I knew I was gonna miss it, got pretty pissed b/c of Target (got close, sold out during check out) but at the end of the day, this wasn't surprising.

Knowing Nintendo, I'm sure they'll do something stupid like abruptly end production citing production limitations. Fine, I get there's finite production capacity but people want to buy something you make, tell people to be patient and try to make more. Don't just cut them off and pretend like there capacity to produce more isn't there over time.

Nintendo has made too big a name for themselves. No matter how much people they piss off aint nobody bout to boycott them and they know it.

Has anyone who preordered on think geek received an email confirmation or order number? I was able to place an order but I haven't received anything.

I got 4 of the crappy think geek BULLcrappers...  (limit of 1 per bundle!)

prob return them in spite after I play the console for a month....

stores should NOT force you to buy unwanted CRAP

There's no way I'm going to keep it, but I was able to successfully order the $250 bundle on ThinkGeek.  I think they killed half of them because suddenly the site worked but almost everything was out of stock.

I probably would have actually kept the cheaper two bundles if I could have completed checkout, but oh well.

Last edited by a moderator:
I finally got to the "place order" stage of the crap thinkgeek bundles after 20 minutes and got a "item is sold out" error.....

thinkgeek and gamecrap apps are both broken as well. (gamestop site down forever?)

spent the last 2hrs40minutes trying to order this junk.

I finally got to the "place order" stage of the crap thinkgeek bundles after 20 minutes and got a "item is sold out" error.....

thinkgeek and gamecrap apps are both broken as well. (gamestop site down forever?)

spent the last 2hrs40minutes trying to order this junk.
Honestly, I'm giving up at this point. I don't waste my whole day and have nothing to show for it. Might as well do something else.

Lol nope. People buy nintendo switch's at 300 to resell for 400. you think 149 is about to stop people from wanting this
It's gonna cut off a lot of the gimmes from people who don't really care about the games and just want to get in on the hype. The Switch hasn't been all that profitable for scalpers. These Classics are, though. It isn't going to happen anyway because this kind of feeding frenzy is what Nintendo wants and more.

There's no way I'm going to keep it, but I was able to successfully order the $250 bundle on ThinkGeek. I think they killed half of them because suddenly the site worked but almost everything was out of stock.

I probably would have actually kept the cheaper two bundles if I could have completed checkout, but oh well.
I just ordered the $250 bundle as well. I could have sworn it was possible to use GS trade credit or GS giftcards on thinkgeek. I didn't even see the option. Am I making this up?

$250 GS credit vs $250 cash is a big difference for me right now.

I know from experience it's possible to return gamestop.com bundle items to GS stores. Is it possible to return the unwanted thinkgeek items to GS stores?

bread's done
Back