SNES Classic Discussion Thread

I just ordered the $250 bundle as well. I could have sworn it was possible to use GS trade credit or GS giftcards on thinkgeek. I didn't even see the option. Am I making this up?

$250 GS credit vs $250 cash is a big difference for me right now.

I know from experience it's possible to return gamestop.com bundle items to GS stores. Is it possible to return the unwanted thinkgeek items to GS stores?
Unlikely. They very specifically say on the site that you won't be able to return the bundled items.

Spent an hour and a half driving around to GameStops (they're all at least 30 minutes away from me) but I got an in-store pre-order. I know the pre-order frenzy isn't necessarily an indicator of how easy these will be to get come the holiday, but I have zero interest in lining up outside a store on a chilly October morning to find out.

I just ordered the $250 bundle as well. I could have sworn it was possible to use GS trade credit or GS giftcards on thinkgeek. I didn't even see the option. Am I making this up?

$250 GS credit vs $250 cash is a big difference for me right now.

I know from experience it's possible to return gamestop.com bundle items to GS stores. Is it possible to return the unwanted thinkgeek items to GS stores?
I used GS credit for the NES bundle last month on thinkgeek

Unlikely. They very specifically say on the site that you won't be able to return the bundled items.
I saw that as well. I'm betting you're correct. Is it possible to return any thinkgeek items to GS should have been my question. The employees at my store are pretty cool and would likely try it even if it's against policy. I'm curious if the computer system would allow it.

I saw that as well. I'm betting you're correct. Is it possible to return any thinkgeek items to GS should have been my question. The employees at my store are pretty cool and would likely try it even if it's against policy. I'm curious if the computer system would allow it.
Quick google search suggest that you can not.

According to their website, you can't even return online orders to their OWN B&M stores

Although Reddit says that you can, so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Last edited by a moderator:
This is insane (as expected). GameStop proves to be a Jew yet again. I am glad I was able to get one last night through Best Buy.

Just checked and seems closer to $200 now. ..... but seeing all those SOLD snes auctions for $250 - $300 already? WHAAAAT?? Some people need to be a little more patient.
Those people might have made $250 working their job during the last 3 hours I wasted on this or the couple hours I wasted last night on Best Buy and Amazon.

Just checked and seems closer to $200 now. ..... but seeing all those SOLD snes auctions for $250 - $300 already? WHAAAAT?? Some people need to be a little more patient.
my fault the one i saw at 280 is "modded" but still a year later getting double. In terms of patient look at how orders sold today its not going to be any different come october/november ; can you blame them for paying 300 now when some rich kids parents are gonna pay 400 in november? lol.

last years version is still fetching 280 on ebay so ya dont think so lol.
Not everyone is paying off scalpers. Plenty are going without that would never have been interested in the first place at a higher price point. People seem to think these are worth a lot more than they actually are, but part of that is the demand driven by hype and speculation, not actual interest in the product on its own merits. Nintendo knows what they are doing, though; for every one who swears off Nintendo forever there are ten who are being caught up in the hype. Honestly, if I knew I'd always be able to buy an NES Classic at MSRP, I probably never would have bought one. How many people in this thread even have actually played theirs in the past week if they did get one?

How did you manage to get it from the product pre order page? I keep selecting pre order and it just won't go through
That probably means they're out again. I clicked once and it worked. I had all sorts of issues earlier when it went live and sold out in 30s.

How did you manage to get it from the product pre order page? I keep selecting pre order and it just won't go through
There were a couple of times I got it added to cart and couldn't check out fast enough. I finally got through checkout fast enough to get one. I just hope the order is fulfilled so I don't have to look anymore. Good luck

Has anyone tried gamestop site, the site is slow and i can't get it to work at all.

I tried the app and never got through. My wife was able to get to the payment screen on hers but thats as far as it went.

I managed to run to the gamestop down the road and get a non bundle preorder, so try the store if you have app issues.

I tried the app and never got through. My wife was able to get to the payment screen on hers but thats as far as it went.

I managed to run to the gamestop down the road and get a non bundle preorder, so try the store if you have app issues.
Already tried, sold up the 1st two stores i went.

I already have 2 preorders from UK, but i just wanna be triple sure if both of the orders decided to cancel from amazon UK and game.co.uk.

Just to make you feel better, those of you who paid $112 for the book bundles also got charged $5 shipping when there was actually a free shipping option available. It should have been $100 + tax.
Yea I totally noticed this when I got home and looked at receipt. Truth is, there was ONE guy at the GS I went to. He was sooooooooo swamped, but dude kept his cool, took calls and was very professional, nice as possible. Real trooper. His name was Trevor.

Any who. I could tell he was racing to check me out to get to the massive gaggle of people behind me. So, honest mistake. I'm not even going to bother asking for my five bucks back. It will prob cancel my order

EDIT: Funny part is I had it shipped to store, too! Maybe when I pick it up I'll ask for my $5.

The site for the Amazon listing is down. This concerns me on how legit it was. Hopefully I'm just paranoid!
I chatted with them and they assured me that it was for the new SNES Classic Console. I was looking for an option to save a copy of the conversation, but I didnt see it anywhere.

In theory I got an order in through the GameStop app (iPhone) using PayPal.  At least I got a thank you page (and a confirmation!).  $145 bundle.  Was already getting the $40 book, though for $27 on Amazon, so this isn't too bad if it works.

Android app is useless.

Keep an eye on Target, I almost got one there a few minutes ago, but lost it during checkout.

finally got a red bundle to check out for my kid disaster averted now im trying to tell her trade for my vanilla from this morning lol.

Not everyone is paying off scalpers. Plenty are going without that would never have been interested in the first place at a higher price point. People seem to think these are worth a lot more than they actually are, but part of that is the demand driven by hype and speculation, not actual interest in the product on its own merits. Nintendo knows what they are doing, though; for every one who swears off Nintendo forever there are ten who are being caught up in the hype. Honestly, if I knew I'd always be able to buy an NES Classic at MSRP, I probably never would have bought one. How many people in this thread even have actually played theirs in the past week if they did get one?
Thanks for clearing that all up. And who care sabout everyone as long as theres a market like there is for a product like this some people not named everyone will pay lol.

I went out and managed to get one preordered at the the second GS that I visited.  I hadn't much luck with the online options, so I lucked out trying in store.  I visited a third GS while I was out and I heard him say they were sold out of in my town.  We have 4 GS stores.  That didn't take long. 

While at the third one, I did pick up one of those nes joysticks for the NES classic since it was on clearance.  I'm not sure when I'll use it, since I haven't gotten around to opening my nes classic.

finally got a red bundle to check out for my kid disaster averted now im trying to tell her trade for my vanilla from this morning lol.

Thanks for clearing that all up. And who care sabout everyone as long as theres a market like there is for a product like this some people not named everyone will pay lol.
Okay then. LOL.

Someone help me. I have a serious buying frenzy problem. I've now got 5 units preordered and I'm still trying to obtain more. I'm addicted to the rush of snagging another one. I need to go fishing I think...

bread's done
Back