SNES Classic Discussion Thread

Target is taunting me with a $5 off coupon in my email for an item that is allegedly still in my cart. That item being the SNES Classic.  :bomb:

Target's site now says "preorders sold out" on the SNES Classic page instead of "coming soon" like it has for the past few weeks. Wonder if they are completely done with online preorders? Best Buy still says coming soon instead of sold out like when they are done with it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Target just cancelled my preorder. USA. Got in on the second or third wave when they were trickling in. Got a generic email citing technical issues.

Edit: order was around placed 5pm eastern on the day of reckoning.

Welp my Target and Walmart orders have been cancelled thusfar. My Best Buy/Amazon orders remains active *crosses fingers*

How Walmart did those who wanted to scalp and flip multiple SNES's:

dancing-fail-o.gif

I made two separate Walmart.com orders for 1 unit each.   Today they cancelled one of them due to ordering multiples. 

I don't believe people who say "Walmart cancelled my order" as if they just ordered one from them. 

Walmart partially cancelled my order from 8/25 today also.  Looks like they cancelled orders in excess of 1.  I had an order for 3 SNES Classics (yeah, I know, I'm a horrible terrible person), and 2 of the 3 were cancelled (yeah, I know, scum like me who ordered multiples deserve to have everything cancelled and I shouldn't even be allowed 1).

Anyways, the reason I'm making this post is to give everyone a speculative heads up that Walmart could potentially re-allocate everyone's cancelled multiples into another pre-order wave sometime soon (no guarantees though, of course).

So, stay frosty.

I only ordered one and it still available. I do think they are cleaning house to allow everyone get one from their site.

Walmart partially cancelled my order from 8/25 today also. Looks like they cancelled orders in excess of 1. I had an order for 3 SNES Classics (yeah, I know, I'm a horrible terrible person), and 2 of the 3 were cancelled (yeah, I know, scum like me who ordered multiples deserve to have everything cancelled and I shouldn't even be allowed 1).

Anyways, the reason I'm making this post is to give everyone a speculative heads up that Walmart could potentially re-allocate everyone's cancelled multiples into another pre-order wave sometime soon (no guarantees though, of course).

So, stay frosty.
I don't get why you or anyone else who ordered more than one would be surprised that your orders were cancelled or watered down to one. This is not anything new. In fact, I remember this same thing happening last year for the NES Classic. Also, why would anyone think it is a good idea to order more than one SNES Classic from one retailer from one account. Come on CAGs, we aren't FNG's here.

As for your second half of the post, I agree. I hope the people who couldn't get one get their hands on a unit.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

I put in for a single unit, so it didn't affect me. But they really should've had a one unit limit on the product page.

So many douchebags here with multiples.  I wasn't able to get even one, so at least these cancellations are bringing me some joy.

I didn't know preorders had started until I woke up on August 23rd. I missed out by one day...
Luckily, this forum was brought to my attention, and I've been watching it like a hawk! I hope to secure one for myself, and one for my friend.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Does anyone get their Amazon updated the delivery date yet? I saw someone posted this on ebay.

2vkb02p.png
That's how mine looked before Amazon sent out the emails. Now there's no delivery estimate at all. That ebay seller is even stupider than the average ebay seller putting up preorders. I guess he doesn't care about negative feedback.

Unless I'm totally wrong and some people have been getting delivery estimates from Amazon on the 29th. Then I'm the stupid one.

Not everyone got that email or had their shipping status go to unkown
Damn. That doesn't look good for me. I guess I was too slow putting in the preorders at 5am or whenever that was. Hopefully at some point everyone gets delivery estimates, but I'll try to not get my hopes up too much.

Damn. That doesn't look good for me. I guess I was too slow putting in the preorders at 5am or whenever that was. Hopefully at some point everyone gets delivery estimates, but I'll try to not get my hopes up too much.
His doesn';t even have the picture updated, I'm sure it was taken right after he made the order.

My amazon order got cancelled. Apparently since I'm not in the contiguous 48 states, they can't ship it to me. What really pisses me off was that I logged into my orders as soon as I received this and the order was already cancelled. I called customer support and they said it was cancelled about 1 minute after the email was sent.

[SIZE=9.5pt]Due to delivery restrictions on your order #_________, we won’t be able to send you Super NES Classic.

This item contains regulated materials classified as dangerous goods that are regulated for transportation by the government through the FAA, DOT, and IATA, and cannot be safely transported or delivered by Amazon to your location.

Dangerous goods are substances or materials that may pose a risk to health, safety, property, or the environment while storing, handling, or transporting because they contain flammable, pressurized, corrosive, or otherwise harmful substances. Dangerous goods are present in many consumer product categories, including personal care (e.g. flammable fragrances), grocery (e.g. aerosol cooking sprays), and home goods (e.g. corrosive bathroom cleaners).[/SIZE]

These products must be transported to ensure that they are handled with care, and therefore can only be delivered to a street address. This means that we cannot deliver them to P.O. Box addresses, pick-up locations, or any destination outside the contiguous U.S.

Please update your address for this order to set a U.S. street address by selecting "Order Details" at the following link:

[SIZE=9.5pt]https://www.amazon.com/yourorders[/SIZE]

[SIZE=9.5pt]If you do not update the delivery address for this order within 5 days[/SIZE], it will automatically be canceled and you won't be charged.
We’re sorry for any inconvenience and hope to see you again soon.

Sincerely,

Customer Service Department
Amazon.com

My amazon order got cancelled. Apparently since I'm not in the contiguous 48 states, they can't ship it to me. What really pisses me off was that I logged into my orders as soon as I received this and the order was already cancelled. I called customer support and they said it was cancelled about 1 minute after the email was sent.

[SIZE=9.5pt]Due to delivery restrictions on your order #_________, we won’t be able to send you Super NES Classic.

This item contains regulated materials classified as dangerous goods that are regulated for transportation by the government through the FAA, DOT, and IATA, and cannot be safely transported or delivered by Amazon to your location.

Dangerous goods are substances or materials that may pose a risk to health, safety, property, or the environment while storing, handling, or transporting because they contain flammable, pressurized, corrosive, or otherwise harmful substances. Dangerous goods are present in many consumer product categories, including personal care (e.g. flammable fragrances), grocery (e.g. aerosol cooking sprays), and home goods (e.g. corrosive bathroom cleaners).[/SIZE]

These products must be transported to ensure that they are handled with care, and therefore can only be delivered to a street address. This means that we cannot deliver them to P.O. Box addresses, pick-up locations, or any destination outside the contiguous U.S.

Please update your address for this order to set a U.S. street address by selecting "Order Details" at the following link:

[SIZE=9.5pt]https://www.amazon.com/yourorders[/SIZE]

[SIZE=9.5pt]If you do not update the delivery address for this order within 5 days, it will automatically be canceled and you won't be charged.
We’re sorry for any inconvenience and hope to see you again soon.

Sincerely,

Customer Service Department
Amazon.com[/SIZE]
Same problem for me! Totally pissed off especially since the email said we had 5 days! Customer service only says it was cancelled because they oversold and that there's nothing they can do.

Same problem for me! Totally pissed off especially since the email said we had 5 days! Customer service only says it was cancelled because they oversold and that there's nothing they can do.
Yeah, they have no problem sending me a 30,000mah lithium power bank but there's a problem with a retro game emulator.

so what are the odds of America people pre-ordering the Europe snes classic over seas gets cancelled
I hope orders don't get cancelled, I really want to trade someone a NES Classic for the euro version. On another site people have talked about cancellations but people will say anything.

I hope orders don't get cancelled, I really want to trade someone a NES Classic for the euro version. On another site people have talked about cancellations but people will say anything.
well if my two forwarding service works I'll trade one of my two euro snes for your nes mini

What extra games come with the Euro SNES Classic vs. US SNES Classic?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
None I think. I think the difference in content is the Japanese SNES and all others. Pretty sure the Euro even uses the NA cover art for the games.

Target sent me an email saying my new Redcard mastercard that I didn't ask for is in the mail. Last time I activated a new card, my preorder at Target got cancelled. No fuck in' chance in hell I activate this new card until after October 11th if you know what I mean. Hopefully my preorder stays shenanigan free. 

Anyone else have experience with this sort of credit card thing happening at target when you have a preorder constantly checking that old card to see if there's still credit available?

The eBay prices for the SNES Classic aren't are crazy as I thought they'd be... probably b/c it's not the holiday season and only summer. I'm hoping this means it'll be easier to get one by luck and that Nintendo just doesn't say "lets stop making this thing that's making us tons of money" like they did with the NES Classic. 

The eBay prices for the SNES Classic aren't are crazy as I thought they'd be... probably b/c it's not the holiday season and only summer. I'm hoping this means it'll be easier to get one by luck and that Nintendo just doesn't say "lets stop making this thing that's making us tons of money" like they did with the NES Classic.
It's because it's not physically out yet.hard to trust a pre-order on an item like this. After it's out, rates will go up.

I have faith that arriving at 10 PM at 24 hour Walmart and Meijer will get you a SNES Classic. I have faith that they will increase more (not saying much) and the non gamer/non scalper will not try and get this the evening/Morning of release. So far my BB pre order is good to go but I still plan on showing up somewhere prior to midnight. It has become a tradition going back to the PS2. I know these Classics are not true console releases but it is just a "nerd" thing that I do.

bread's done
Back