SNES Classic Discussion Thread

Will the snes classic play the old cartridge games? Or is the slot on top just for looks?
No, the snes classic is more or less a box that will play games digitally that will be pre-loaded.

You truly aren't missing anything other than the rarity to get this as a collector's item if you already have an snes.

Last edited by a moderator:
No, the snes classic is more a less a box that will play games digitally that will be pre-loaded.

You truly aren't missing anything other than the rarity to get this as a collector's item if you already have an snes.
I like the hdmi with it. I have a snes but i don't have all these games. I preordered with Target, it's shipped already, probably won't be here til next week

Called my local Walfart. They received 30 to 50 units and had two people in line already around 2pm CST. Guy didn't know if the count included units that were preordered.

Will probably head there around 8pm and hope the line isn't too long. Damn responsibilities like work... And kids...

I've still got an NES Classic in the bag from GameStop, untouched and for the most part uninterested.  Not sure why I want one of these to go with it, but I'll be at a Walmart at midnight.

I still got nothing from amazon, and I ordered the second it went up around 2 in the morning. It was even still available for a good while after I ordered!

I got to have a brief visit with mine at Gamestop. Kinda like a pre adoption event for pets. I held it, talked to it, petted it a few times and told it to sit tight and I'd be back to take care of the paperwork in the morning. I'm kinda surprised the manager let me do that, but it gave us a few laughs.

trying around 9pm for a 24 hour walmart. brickseek shows the numbers in the upper 40s so i should be good?

less than 12 hours until this song is cannon AND the 22 year wait for the official star fox 2 release will be over! :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0oejMmIxso8

My Target order shipped finally! Was worried about having to try to get one tomorrow as I'm working 6am-6pm and no 24 hour Walmarts near me.

trying around 9pm for a 24 hour walmart. brickseek shows the numbers in the upper 40s so i should be good?

less than 12 hours until this song is cannon AND the 22 year wait for the official star fox 2 release will be over! :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0oejMmIxso8
Why 9 p.m.? Do you know something secret?

Still no update on amazon order.....

Brickseek says 37 at walmart near me..... Not sure if I feel like heading up there at 10pm or not.

Probably to be one of the first in line.

Closest Target to me is showing 29 in stock with another store almost as close but in the other direction having shown 120 the other day. The closer one opens at 7am and someone's going to be handing out tickets. The other one opens at 8. What to do...

Severn, MD Walmart line is already 7 deep. Letting them sit in the electronics department.
One of my Walmart stores just turned me away. He said they can’t have anyone standing around and to come back at 10. I guarantee if I come back at 9:45 the there will be a line at least 20 deep anyway.

Walmart workers don't know or care anything about anything.  They'll just sell them whenever the current shift decides to.  Unless some manager comes in and handles things.  I wouldn't even bother with that place. 

I'm seeing Target selling these to employees already (I'm assuming) 1-2 and 5-6 missing here and there over the last couple hours. Still have over 100,000 units in store.

Just got mine this morning. For those wondering I am in SoCal and I preordered with BB online. BB seems to be doing well with delivery.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

Just got mine (via Best Buy)! I think this is the first time ever that UPS has broken with their schedule and sped things up for me; it was originally supposed to arrive tomorrow :razz:

Best of luck to everyone still waiting on theirs (or trying to get one to begin with), especially the Amazon US people-- that whole situation sounds unusually flaky for them.

Honestly, if you were ok with pirating, your interest in this thing should have started at zero.

For the rest of us, I'll happily pay for a license.
Was mildly interested for those great feeling controllers. Not sure if Ninty is even selling those separately.

Probably to be one of the first in line.

Closest Target to me is showing 29 in stock with another store almost as close but in the other direction having shown 120 the other day. The closer one opens at 7am and someone's going to be handing out tickets. The other one opens at 8. What to do...
Yep. Based on the reports, i'll try heading out at 9pm for a midnight and see what happens.

Looks like there was same drama at Nintendo NYC at the ticket giveaway for the launch party tonight according to reddit.

I got an email from UPS they my Amazon UK order is being delivered via i-parcel and UPS surepost on Saturday to NJ. NOT BAD...

Pretty A+ on Target's part for my Target online order. Shipped this past Tuesday, expected delivery date... this coming Tuesday. Thrown onto a truck in Tempe, AZ 2 days ago and now very slowly making its way across the country. 

I might trek out to a Target to get one to mod, being as I actually stand a chance of getting one this time. Of course, my local Targets are coming up unknown in Brickseek, and I don't want to bother unless there are 100+ units at one of the two stores.

Has anyones Walmart Online ordered ship yet? Mine still says processing with a delivery date of tomorrow, Im skeptical at this point.
My order from Walmart just shipped, weird enough they didn't charge me? free snes!

wThdA0E.png

No possible way for me to try and go out and get one. My 65 year old mother has offered to go tomorrow morning and try and get one at Target. Please help her Nintendo Gods.

No possible way for me to try and go out and get one. My 65 year old mother has offered to go tomorrow morning and try and get one at Target. Please help her Nintendo Gods.
And you took her offer? Wow - no way would I ask my mom to get this for me. I love Nintendo as much as the next gamer, but I have my limits.

bread's done
Back