SNES Classic Discussion Thread

Too bad I didn't know about this thread earlier. I thought there would be one in the regular video game section and that they wouldn't start selling these in stores until the morning. Probably too late to line up anywhere.
i made an official thread there, makes more sense for it to be there. its official there unlike here

Too bad I didn't know about this thread earlier. I thought there would be one in the regular video game section and that they wouldn't start selling these in stores until the morning. Probably too late to line up anywhere.
Nobody's ever lined up for anything before?

Oh crap... I forgot, the Internet made people lazy and increased the size of the index finger due to repeated attempts on trying to destroy the f5 key.

got one for store pickup 30miles away. don't know if the order will get filled though lol. 1min later on the item page it was unavailable again.
most targets are getting 100+ why wouldnt it be fulfilled? not like your target will sell out, with every story getting some and these costing $80

Only three of the Target stores that pop up on Brickseek are showing actual quantities.  For the last hour one of them has been steadily decreasing in units every few minutes from 60units down to 42now.  The store has been closed for nearly three hours.   Some manager must be selling them to the overnight crew lmao.  No idea what else it could be.

Meanwhile at Walmart, half the stores went to zero quantity around 1am.  The other half haven't changed their quantities.  It looks like half the stores sold their stock and the other half are waiting till AM opening.   They all closed at 12 or 1am.

Last edited by a moderator:
got one for store pickup 30miles away. don't know if the order will get filled though lol. 1min later on the item page it was unavailable again.

Got one too. Only one store in the region had stock after refreshing a bunch of "out of stock" listings. I'm doubtful and hopeful (is that possible?)

Haha, just placed one for in-store pickup. Can't wait to wake up to the cancelation email!

Target is going in and out of stock via the app. Just got one a minute ago
Also got in on this, via only one local store in my area that had it available. Lots of folks (including "Target managers") on twitter saying it will get cancelled, but here's to hoping.

I hit 2 Walmarts after 12:20, both had sold out unsurprisingly. I did notice about 4 people camped out in front of the Gamestop across the parking lot of the second store. Didn't even think about looking at the Gamestop across from the first Walmart.

Also got in on this, via only one local store in my area that had it available. Lots of folks (including "Target managers") on twitter saying it will get cancelled, but here's to hoping.
Yup - just got an email saying it's not available and I can choose another store (none available) or choose for delivery, but then it doesn't give me the option to choose delivery...

It allowed me to add, but it wouldn't load the saver coupon. Now it's out of stock. Edit: Now it's saying maximum quantity when i don't have a single one in my cart.
Sorry dudes :( ... I didn't bother with coupon and I still got free 2-day shipping. I had all my cards sitting next to me ready to order. Only thing that slowed me down was the CCV, which I had memorized but I blanked for a moment.

Sorry dudes :( ... I didn't bother with coupon and I still got free 2-day shipping. I had all my cards sitting next to me ready to order. Only thing that slowed me down was the CCV, which I had memorized but I blanked for a moment.
Nice, so it actually went through huh? Maybe it's just glitching now because it's out of stock. They never handle these sorts of sales well.

Add to cart button was stuck for a few minutes.  Then it just sat and spun.

One day Gamestop will have a webstore that isn't from 2003.  maybe. 

What slowed me down was I had a massive fuck ton of stuff in my cart I had to remove, but I think I got an order through.

Got a backorder email from Walmart.  Ive got one coming from Target too so it's not a huge deal, but it's annoying that it took them until 3 hours before delivery date to figure out "oh hey, we might not have enough of these"

I'm hoping Amazon Prime Now puts a bunch up tonight so I don't have to go anywhere and deal with the BS.
That would be really lame for Amazon to do that, especially after they took preorders. I did manage to get my NES Classic last year via Prime Now, but that was right before Christmas and over a month after release. But if Amazon does end up selling some via Prime Now on Friday, I wouldn't be surprised. :p

Still up on GS website, if you can't get the console only try the bundle with the book for $99 its not the worst deal in the world.

I got an email from UPS they my Amazon UK order is being delivered via i-parcel and UPS surepost on Saturday to NJ. NOT BAD...
Wow really? I'd be surprised if you actually get it over the weekend. Mine has an UPS Surepost ETA of next Thurs to CA. That's still way better than the ETA of 10/13 listed on Amazon UK site.

Manged to get a bundle order in at game stop...the $125 one...ugh. Still going to try to get one in the morning, but if it doesn't work I have this to fall back on. If I get one I guess I'll just return the gamestop one

Got in on the Thinkgeek one-- I always regretted not getting the NES Classic when I had the chance, so I figured I should just jump on it. $6 shipping seems nuts (the listing says the item isn't valid for any shipping promotions :p) but having an order in and not having to worry about tracking one down in the future seems worth the $6.

What a mess on gamestop’s site. Got to the final payment screen for a non-bundle unit, it went out of stock as I clicked checkout, and fumbled for about five more minutes before trying the app and getting a fighting commander bundle order through. Or, so I thought... I got a confirmation number, but no email and it’s not showing up in my order history. Their site is a mess so who knows what happened.

I got an order into ThinkGeek as soon as they went up, though. Fortunately, had surmised it would go live there at midnight and had my account ready to go. No SAVER or free shipping anywhere.

Thanks for heads up on Thinkgeek peoples. Got an order in. Web site was 503-ing all over so I quickly downloaded the Google Play app and used Paypal checkout. Had to do the checkout twice but i got an order now!

Got in on the Thinkgeek one-- I always regretted not getting the NES Classic when I had the chance, so I figured I should just jump on it. $6 shipping seems nuts (the listing says the item isn't valid for any shipping promotions :p) but having an order in and not having to worry about tracking one down in the future seems worth the $6.

Did you get an email confirmation from Thinkgeek or anything? When I ordered the page wouldn't load and next thing I know I'm back to an empty cart. Paypal thinks I ordered though (sent a confirmation email but the the payment is still pending) but I'm worried I missed a last step or something. No automated emails or anything from Thinkgeek.

Last edited by a moderator:
Did you get an email confirmation from Thinkgeek or anything? When I ordered the page wouldn't load and next thing I know I'm back to an empty cart. Paypal thinks I ordered though (sent a confirmation email but the the payment is still pending) but I'm worried I missed a last step or something. No automated emails or anything from Thinkgeek.
I got an order in at Thinkgeek too. Only a Paypal confirmation email, nothing from Thinkgeek itself yet though.

I paid with a credit card through the site and did get a receipt email a few minutes after it went through and it shows up in my order history...

I only got an email from Paypal for my thinkgeek order; however, the order shows on my order list in the thinkgeek app.

bread's done
Back