SNES Classic Discussion Thread

Anyone else seeing Target inventory decrease at stores during closed hours? Certainly looks like employees are buying them when inventory drops a few at a time.

Last edited by a moderator:
Got an email confirmation on gamestop.com for just the regular $79.99 version. I'd much rather stay up to 3am instead of waking up at 6am and standing in line. Following Wario64 paid off. This along with my target order will hopefully mean I have 1 to play and 1 to keep unopened as a collector's item like a crazy person. 

giphy.gif

No one is selling online this time? Thought for sure Best Buy or Gamestop would but some up online, guess they are tired of it knocking the website offline.

I just hope they made enough to really knock the price down on eBay. That will make them available everywhere if the resale value sucks.
They already did preorders online. With limited stock, I'm sure the retailers would rather sell any on hand inventory in their stores. More foot traffic means more likely people buy other stuff too.

Anyone else seeing Target inventory decrease at stores during closed hours? Certainly looks like employees are buying them when inventory drops a few at a time.
I think it's from people buying it off the target app. The one store in my area that had inventory showing was disappearing and at the time it was able to be added to my cart off the app for store pickup but just as I was able to do so it went out of stock on the app and brickseek.

From Thinkgeek on twitter: 

Confirmation emails are rolling out - if you received a PayPal notice, your order should be completed. Thanks for your patience!

Anyone know if Best Buy has handed out tickets already? Not sure if I should drive to one and line up.

Reading people on Twitter being salty that Amazon isn't shipping any consoles, and that only the scalpers "have stock"... *shakes head*

I learned the hard way not to trust Amazon with any console preorders.

Has anyone who ordered the SNES Classic via the Digital Downloads / Game Trust Entertainment System link on Amazon get any new notifications about the status?

The only one I've receive was a while ago saying they are backordered, but "not to worry" as they will have one to send.

Looking at my order on Amazon.com it still shows:
"Not yet shipped
Delivery estimate: We need a little more time to provide you with a good estimate. We'll notify you via e-mail as soon as we have an estimated delivery date."

Having had a few items like this in the past canceled and refunded by Amazon after waiting for several weeks I don't feel to good about this.

Is all the hype over this thing because of Star Fox 2? I mean, I might pick one up if I saw it on the shelf but I'm not jumping through all these hoops to get one.

Has anyone who ordered the SNES Classic via the Digital Downloads / Game Trust Entertainment System link on Amazon get any new notifications about the status?

The only one I've receive was a while ago saying they are backordered, but "not to worry" as they will have one to send.

"Not yet shipped
Delivery estimate: We need a little more time to provide you with a good estimate. We'll notify you via e-mail as soon as we have an estimated delivery date."

Having had a few items like this in the past canceled and refunded by Amazon after waiting for several weeks I don't feel to good about this.
Same... haven't head of anyone's preorder getting updated. If Amazon gets any stock in USA, it will probably be very limited inventory. I did see some people tweet about rumors of them selling them on Teasure Trucks.

https://www.i4u.com/2017/09/124702/snes-classic-rumored-be-amazon-treasure-truck-today

Nice. Just arrived at Walmart. No line. Only 3 vehicles, including mine. Time to sit in the car and listen to some Run the Jewels until someone decides to make the first move.

Edit: No problems getting one. There were about 20 people waiting at the door by 6, with enough in stock for everyone in line -- and then some.

"Not yet shipped

Mine says the same thing. Only I don't think I ever got an email saying it was back ordered. Not really sure what to expect at this point.

Just got to Best Buy. There's only one person waiting and it's the same dude that's been here since 6:30 yesterday evening (who I bet is pissed he sat outside the store for 12 hours for basically no reason). I don't foresee these being terribly hard to come by. Certainly not nearly as bad as the NES Classics were.

Just got to Best Buy. There's only one person waiting and it's the same dude that's been here since 6:30 yesterday evening (who I bet is pissed he sat outside the store for 12 hours for basically no reason). I don't foresee these being terribly hard to come by. Certainly not nearly as bad as the NES Classics were.
Which state are you in?

!!!

Walmart, you bastards!!!

I also woke up to the "backordered" Snes Classic email. Really, Walmart? Hours before it comes out you decide to tell me that I may not get my preorder?! Ugh...

I was up kind of early, so I just decided to head over to the Target near my work. First Target I drove by had about 15 people milling about in front of the store. The one I chose had about 10 people (mostly appearing to be gamers) in camping chairs in a nicely organized line.

It's 5:30 here and most of the area Targets are getting 40-50 units. This thing will absolutely sell out at store opening around my area.

!!!

Walmart, you bastards!!!

I also woke up to the "backordered" Snes Classic email. Really, Walmart? Hours before it comes out you decide to tell me that I may not get my preorder?! Ugh...

I was up kind of early, so I just decided to head over to the Target near my work. First Target I drove by had about 15 people milling about in front of the store. The one I chose had about 10 people (mostly appearing to be gamers) in camping chairs in a nicely organized line.

It's 5:30 here and most of the area Targets are getting 40-50 units. This thing will absolutely sell out at store opening around my area.
now you have me worried about my Walmart order, it still says preparing. there is a Walmart 20 miles that says they still have 4 but the only option in town is a small gamestop

Best Buy changed their ticketing policy. It's no longer "You have 3 hours to get it once we open." Now you have to wait in line with your ticket until the store opens. Ugh.

All Walmarts in my area sold out this morning, but seeing stock still in the area in which my parents live.  Targets here have way more stock than the Walmarts did, so this is promising.

10th in line at Best Buy with 20 mins to go. And only showed up 15 mins ago. Fingers crossed.

If all Best Buy stores are like this, don’t be afraid to go out.

I was able to order one from ThinkGeek at 7:23 am. Crashed when PayPal took me back to the site. But I did get order confirmation from Think Geek. I hope it ships.

Walked in to Wal-Mart on a whim, electronics worker was stocking them (20+ on the shelf and nobody else was there). Asked for 1, in and out in less than 10 minutes.

Was 20th out of 42 at Target. There may have been a few more left at opening but most likely gone by now.

Only had to be there a half hour early and I'll be at work before my first meeting. Good deal!

If anybody is in the Baltimore area I walked into Arbutus Walmart about an hour ago no line and they had about 20 left. Possibly some left at Arundel Mills Walmart also. I know Severn, Pasadena, and Glen Burnie are all sold out. 

Drove past 2 Best Buy's and a Target with 20+ people in line at each. Meanwhile Walmart has stock, is already open, and no line. 

bread's done
Back