SNES Killer Instinct

The Game Boy version of the game was also one of the few good street fighting-style games for the platform.

A button-masher's dream, but regardless, fun. Orchid rocked.

Everyone knows DJ Combo and his 54 hit Ultra Combo were the best. Sabrewulf, Jago, that Skeleton Guy...Oh man what a great game..

That was the first VIDEO game I ever played online..Using the XBAND...Ahh in retrospect that thing was such a piece of shit....

[quote name='greyzieoriental']i still got the killer cuts cd that came with the snes game[/quote]

Me too. Great soundtrack.

Local store here had a complete and mint copy for $6 a while back, I might go see if it's still there. Game was awesome. I used to be able to do a 40 something combo with Orchid.. tried it the other day and sucked badly at it.. managed about an 8 hit combo.

I got KI2 last year. I can't even remember how to play those games anymore. I remember getting owned most of the time in the arcade anyway. I still liked the game though.

My memories of KI2 in the Arcades rank up with Street Fighter 2: The New Fighters in arcades. I loved taking people on and winning. With KI2 i was actually good enough to have a line of people off to my left (always played better with "player 2" dont know why).

KI1 was a neat tech demo for SNES, but there was just so much taken it felt nutered even then.

Fulgore and Orchid rocketh the house

[quote name='Scorch'][quote name='greyzieoriental']i still got the killer cuts cd that came with the snes game[/quote]

Me too. Great soundtrack.

Local store here had a complete and mint copy for $6 a while back, I might go see if it's still there. Game was awesome. I used to be able to do a 40 something combo with Orchid.. tried it the other day and sucked badly at it.. managed about an 8 hit combo.[/quote]

Me three. I put a bunch of tracks in my communications/mass media video project my senior year of high school, called "The Art of Tae Kwon Do." It was basically me just doing a bunch of kicks and junk to KI techno.

This game seems to be the easiest SNES game to find mint/new for some reason. I think Nintendo overmanufactured it.

I loved it, though. I bought it because I was tired of waiting for MK 3, and ended up really glad I made that decision. To this day, I've still never owned MK 3, and never cared much for it. The fatality moves in KI were pretty lame, though, and the goat boss Eyedoll was cheesy.

If nothing else the game is historic for Nintendo being able to shed the kiddie label. Nothing does that faster then a character that uses flashing as a means of achieving victory.

Rumor is Rare is releasing one for Xbox 2... So I would hold on to those sealed copies as the price will jump on ebay after its release.... UNLESS they have the SNES version unlockable..

I used to own it back in the day and I thought it was ok. Not bad, but just ok. Then again, I've never been that big on fighting games - back then if I ever played one it was usually Street Fighter II, and it's pretty much just that and SSBM today. Anyways, I never played it much and eventually traded it off.

I bought a loose copy last summer for $1.99 at a Game Crazy. I figured since I was going for 100 SNES games in my collection and I used to own it, that it was worth that much. I have a friend who almost always wants to play it whenever he comes over. That's pretty much the only time that cart gets any play time in my SNES, as I hardly play it myself.

There was an unbelievably cheap combo with Cinder. All you had to do was keep mashing Forward and Punch. It was a 10-15 hit combo everytime, and it ended with a dizzy uppercut.

So cheap. :twisted:

This game had just come out when I was in college, and my friends and I played the hell out of it, both at the arcade and the SNES version. One of my friends hated Chief Thunder and called him Cheif Hand-in-pants.

I rarely pick just one character in fighting games, but if I had to pick a favorite in KI, it would be Fulgore. He was Darth Vader-esque and had a few Ken/Ryu-type moves. Jago was probably my second choice.

[quote name='Ledhed']There was an unbelievably cheap combo with Cinder. All you had to do was keep mashing Forward and Punch. It was a 10-15 hit combo everytime, and it ended with a dizzy uppercut.

So cheap. :twisted:[/quote]

he also had that move similar to Wolverine's Drill Claw in Children of the Atom (i.e. both are hella cheap)

I always played as Spinal - I really liked that game, but didn't really think the SNES version was all that great. The players were too small. It would be nice if a new version was released on one of the current consoles (with both 1+2 included as bonus games).

I wonder how KI plays on MAME?

ULTRA...ULTRA...ultra...ultra...

I used cinder just because it seemed really easy to get huuuge combos. I used Jago a lot too because he reminded me of Ryu, easy move set.

[quote name='davidmt']I wonder how KI plays on MAME?[/quote]

You will need a relatively high end machine to play it. Also, you would need not only the ROM (easily found I believe) but also some other type of file that corresponds with it. Chunk or chud or something like that. Those files are like 100+MB.

[quote name='greyzieoriental']i still got the killer cuts cd that came with the snes game[/quote]

Me too. i actually played this yesterday

Anyone know if you could really play as Mario on Killer Instinct Gold?

You will need a relatively high end machine to play it. Also, you would need not only the ROM (easily found I believe) but also some other type of file that corresponds with it. Chunk or chud or something like that. Those files are like 100+MB.

The arcade Killer Instinct had a hard drive. That 100+MB file is an image of it.

KI arcade was the best.....I have a 5 foot Kilgore poster from Nintendo hanging up in my game room. I wonder what something like that would go for on ebay?? Hhhmmm...

[quote name='Brak']Anyone know if you could really play as Mario on Killer Instinct Gold?[/quote]

I never heard that, so I would say no.

KI rocked. I still give that a play every once in a while...

[quote name='Morrigan Lover']

The arcade Killer Instinct had a hard drive. That 100+MB file is an image of it.[/quote]

The large file you're looking for is kinst.chd, around 91.4MB. Google the filename, should bring you fruit.

considering everyone was picking fav fighter im gonna go with sabrewolf he was the man. what about favorite Song from the games Im going for sabrewolfs which was freakin tight . U kno eyedol was the cheapest character cause he had an unlimited hit combo juggle where the player would just keep charging u in the air , very annoying but my coin muncher of the 90's

Just a heads up....you can still get a new copy of KI SNES on the cheap NEW and sealed. They are around $9 on Ebay or...
Game Liquidation has them for $6.50 with free shipping!!!! I just grabbed one. I have ordered some Neo Geo Pocket Color stuff from them and they are reliable.

bread's done
Back