SNK MADNESS at Amazon, 14.99 each, plus other PS2 Games

ZForce

CAGiversary!
Feedback
76 (100%)
Updating Original Post for this year's crop of SNK games

KOF Orochi Saga (95-97) now up for preorder on Amazon

PS2 ($14.99, slated for Oct 14th)
http://www.amazon.com/King-Fighters...1?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&qid=1220199832&sr=1-31

PSP ($19.99, slated for Oct 14th)
http://www.amazon.com/King-Fighters...2?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&qid=1220199832&sr=1-32

Wii ($29.99, Slated for Oct 28th, gee, it comes out two weeks later and at twice the price, GREAT!)
http://www.amazon.com/King-Fighters...0?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&qid=1220199832&sr=1-30

Last edited by a moderator:
I haven't gotten that message yet, but I'm sure I will. I believe this game has not been released yet and in fact, it isn't ready for release yet in the sense that the Japanese version isn't even out yet. It kind of blows because I preordered this along with Patapon and one other game and I made the mistake of choosing free shipping with grouping of the shipments. So, nothing has shipped yet.

Expect Samurai Shodown Anthology to be parts 1, 2, and 3. Guess what'll be on the second SS Anthology? One great game, one good game, and one half finished train wreck in between them.

And what of the Galaxy Fight/Waku Waku 7 release? Let's hope it's not so far off Sony axes PS2 games by then.

Now, what's with the Arcade collection containing so many games already released on other compilations? Well, at least they're releasing it.

These are all MSRP

SNK is nice like that w/ the $14.99 price tag, but this is not a specific deal from Amazon, they just do pre orders on them.

[quote name='evo t rex']Expect Samurai Shodown Anthology to be parts 1, 2, and 3. Guess what'll be on the second SS Anthology? One great game, one good game, and one half finished train wreck in between them.

And what of the Galaxy Fight/Waku Waku 7 release? Let's hope it's not so far off Sony axes PS2 games by then.

Now, what's with the Arcade collection containing so many games already released on other compilations? Well, at least they're releasing it.[/QUOTE]
I'd hate to tell you this, but SSA has been confirmed to have 7 SS games, Samurai Shodown 1-6, along with SS 5 Special.

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=173400

[quote name='oasisboy']Now, if they release a samurai showdown anthology with I through V at $20.... I would buy that in a flash!!![/quote]

They are releasing a Sam Show compilation, but I'm not sure which ones are on the disc.

[quote name='Ronin317']I wish SNK would announce the damn Samurai (Spirits) Shodown Anthology for the US...[/quote]

I 2nd that.
:applause:

I was going to jump at Heavenly Guardian til I noticed you actually can't buy it anywhere so who knows how long before it'd ship if I ordered it. The entry in wikipedia says it was released Feb. 08 in North America but it's not out in Japan yet.. and neither of the Wii versions are released. I wanted this on Wii anyway and if it's going to see iffy buying the PS2 version from Amazon, despite being cheap, I might as well wait. :cry:

Is Heavenly Guardian any good? I just checked out screenshots and...2D! Yay for 2D! So I'm immediately intrigued.

I had to pass on that one 2D RPG from last year since it was apparently hard (I *HATE* hard games).

[quote name='Cao Cao']I'd hate to tell you this, but SSA has been confirmed to have 7 SS games, Samurai Shodown 1-6, along with SS 5 Special.

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=173400[/QUOTE]

Hopefully, we don't get the butchered version of SS5 Special. I won't raise a huge shit-storm (I will still be very disappointed) because I can play it completely uncut and uncensored in MAME, but I would like to buy the SS collection.

US got a crappy initial release of SS5 Special on the Neo. As an apology, SNK-J allowed people to send their carts in to get a revised version. This version was also censored, but not as bad as the initial run.

I want the uncut version to make it into the US collection.

[quote name='opportunity777']Hopefully, we don't get the butchered version of SS5 Special. I won't raise a huge shit-storm (I will still be very disappointed) because I can play it completely uncut and uncensored in MAME, but I would like to buy the SS collection.

US got a crappy initial release of SS5 Special on the Neo. As an apology, SNK-J allowed people to send their carts in to get a revised version. This version was also censored, but not as bad as the initial run.

I want the uncut version to make it into the US collection.[/quote]We got the censored Art of Fighting in the AOF1 collection, so I don't have my hopes up.

[quote name='Kitsune Sniper']We got the censored Art of Fighting in the AOF1 collection, so I don't have my hopes up.[/QUOTE]

I must have missed it. What was censored?

I have the NeoCD-J releases of all three, and I didn't notice anything different from AOFA.

Then again, I'm not super picky (although I hate censorship) about small things like bouncy breasts or lack of blood (unless it's MK or something).

I bit on:

Heavenly Guardian
NeoGeo Battle Coliseum
World Heroes Anthology

weeks ago, when I pre-order'd Heavenly Guardian. $14+ ea. is an AWESOME good deal. March 25 - April 1 can't come soon enough. lol

[quote name='opportunity777']I must have missed it. What was censored?

I have the NeoCD-J releases of all three, and I didn't notice anything different from AOFA. [/quote]

Beat someone. In Japan, they're all bloodied up. In the US version, they're not.

Also, for some reason they took out Ryo's voiceover between matches, and I think they also took out Mr. Karate's speech when he beats you.

[quote name='sirplue']I bit on:

Heavenly Guardian
NeoGeo Battle Coliseum
World Heroes Anthology

weeks ago, when I pre-order'd Heavenly Guardian. $14+ ea. is an AWESOME good deal. March 25 - April 1 can't come soon enough. lol[/QUOTE]

Unfortunately, I think it's not too likely that the game will actually ship during that time frame. Amazon came up with that shipping estimate when they changed the game from shipping on February 26th to "available in 2-4 weeks". I called another distributor I sometimes get games from and they were told by Tommo that the release date is now TBD. I feel sad.

So tempted for the SNK classics one. But I picked up Neo Geo BC a month ago and have only played it twice. Couldn't get into it. Moved too fast for me and wasn't as fun as the old arcades. I've got great memories of playing the neo geo games in the arcades though.

Of course I bought the capcom classics ones (vol 1 and 2) and while they were fun, they didnt make me put down my 'modern' games.

$14.99 is the msrp for the SNK games I think. Good value, but not "madness." :)

If you wanted all three, they would be good for the next TRU B2G1, assuming they have all 3 in stock. There aren't that many other 14.99 games for those sales.

[quote name='scottman']$14.99 is the msrp for the SNK games I think. Good value, but not "madness." :)

If you wanted all three, they would be good for the next TRU B2G1, assuming they have all 3 in stock. There aren't that many other 14.99 games for those sales.[/QUOTE]

I wouldn't automatically count on them having ANY in stock, let alone all three :)

Buy.com has Heavenly Guardian in stock right now for anyone looking for it, both on their regular website and on their Ebay store (same price for both)

i've canceled my Heavenly Guardian order with Amazon, and gone with CDUniverse instead. The game appears to be in-stock (my CC was charged, so I assume the game's on the way :bouncy:), and it's only $2+ extra. Just a heads up!

[quote name='sirplue']i've canceled my Heavenly Guardian order with Amazon, and gone with CDUniverse instead. The game appears to be in-stock (my CC was charged, so I assume the game's on the way :bouncy:), and it's only $2+ extra. Just a heads up![/QUOTE]

Please keep us updated on this. I saw Buy.com had it listed, but I was skeptical that they actually had any in stock given that they have the game listed twice for two different prices on their site and the higher price one is out of stock.

went with Heavenly Guardian on buy.com for ~12$+ shipping, with a 5% off coupon on the web, got it for 16$somethin, we'll see if it ships :)

I just recieved an email saying there was an unexpected delay with World Heroes Anthology. The newEstimated arrival date: 04/03/2008 - 04/16/2008.

In for SNK Arcade and World Heroes Anthology!!! w00t!!! THANKS, OP!!!

I wonder if a SNK Arcade 2 is in the works? I'd love to get another copy of King of the Monsters 2 (way better than 1)...

With the free shipping, they'll be sending the games by May 1... ha ha... It's good to be cheap. But it takes teh patience, aye? :whistle2:]

[quote name='scottman']$14.99 is the msrp for the SNK games I think. Good value, but not "madness." :)

If you wanted all three, they would be good for the next TRU B2G1, assuming they have all 3 in stock. There aren't that many other 14.99 games for those sales.[/quote]

You actually think TRU will stock these??? HA HA HA HA HA!!! They have the lousiest selection ever...

I'm thinking maybe Wal-mart/Target (in their Bargain games section), but even that's a bit of a stretch. I did see some cheap SNK PS2 games in SAM'S CLUB, of all places. That was kind of weird...

[quote name='iceblast21']You actually think TRU will stock these??? HA HA HA HA HA!!! They have the lousiest selection ever...

I'm thinking maybe Wal-mart/Target (in their Bargain games section), but even that's a bit of a stretch. I did see some cheap SNK PS2 games in SAM'S CLUB, of all places. That was kind of weird...[/quote]My local store DID get several copies, but for some reason the manager held them in the back and only let them out a few weeks before Christmas.:roll:

[quote name='Kitsune Sniper']My local store DID get several copies, but for some reason the manager held them in the back and only let them out a few weeks before Christmas.:roll:[/quote]

Forgive the ignorance here, but we're missing 2 details: A) What game(s)? B) What store? ;)

:D Compilation games are awesome!!!!! :D

My local TRU (the Winchester location in San Jose, CA) had Fatal Fury Archives Vol. 1, Art of Fighting Anthology, and King of Fighters XI when I checked their selection out on Saturday. So they do get copies of the SNK titles, but I'm not entirely sure that they receive their stock the week of release.

I canceled my pre-ordered copy of Heavenly Guardian from Amazon. It wasn't going to ship until March 27 and I found a copy on Buy.com along with World Heroes Anthology. They've already shipped and on it's way right now.

UPDATE 3/15: Just received my copy of Heavenly Guardian in the mail today, just waiting on World Heroes Anthology now.

[quote name='iceblast21']Forgive the ignorance here, but we're missing 2 details: A) What game(s)? B) What store? ;)

:D Compilation games are awesome!!!!! :D[/quote]
Whoops! My apologies. I meant to say that my local store (Calexico, California) stocked the earlier SNK releases - AOF Anthology and Fatal Fury Battle Archives.

I only saw one copy of AOF Anthology on the shelf, then it was gone, and then about twenty copies of each showed up one day when I went to work. :p

Wait a minute..Samurai Shodown Anthology is on PSP exclusive? Or is it now PSP, Wii and Ps2? If only the PSP version comes to U.S. I'm importing the PS2 version (would rather play it on a console..my PS2 is Messiah modded)

[quote name='VidgamesgivemeA_D_D']Wait a minute..Samurai Shodown Anthology is on PSP exclusive? Or is it now PSP, Wii and Ps2? If only the PSP version comes to U.S. I'm importing the PS2 version (would rather play it on a console..my PS2 is Messiah modded)[/quote]

No, it'll be available for the PS2, Wii, and PSP platforms.

You know what makes no sense?
How SNK Arcade Classics can be $14.99 and that Metal Slug Anthology (PS2) never dropped below $39.99 MSRP!

[quote name='VGMaster75']You know what makes no sense?
How SNK Arcade Classics can be $14.99 and that Metal Slug Anthology (PS2) never dropped below $39.99 MSRP![/QUOTE]

I saw a new copy of Metal Slug Anthology for both psp and ps2 for 19.99 at GS/EB.

[quote name='robbyH']I saw a new copy of Metal Slug Anthology for both psp and ps2 for 19.99 at GS/EB.[/quote]You mean gutted and opened, not new.

I heard they dropped the price ages ago but it's out of stock online, and none of my local stores have copies.

[quote name='bojay1997']Please keep us updated on this. I saw Buy.com had it listed, but I was skeptical that they actually had any in stock given that they have the game listed twice for two different prices on their site and the higher price one is out of stock.[/quote]
game shipped today from CDUniverse, just got the email confirmation. I should have it in my grubby little hands by next week sometime.

This applies to people that can play import PS2 games only. But they're (re?) releasing King of Fighters NESTS (99, 00, and 01) in May in Japan and play-asia has it for preorder for $20.99 + $3 shipping. I think it's the neo geo online best collection (sorta like greatest hits but the cases don't look horrible like the U.S. ones) That is a great deal, and I have seen no indication that this particular one is coming to U.S. although Orochi (95, 96, 97) is coming to U.S. Q4 08.

http://www.play-asia.com/paOS-13-71-40-49-en-15-king+of+fighters+nests-70-2new.html

I already have two of the other games in the collection, last blade 1 and 2 (together) and Garou Mark of the Wolves.

For those not aware...

Vol. English name Japanese name Games included Release date (Japan)
No. #1 Garou: Mark of the Wolves 餓狼-MARK OF THE WOLVES- Garou: Mark of the Wolves June 30, 2005 SLPS-25793

#2 The Last Blade 1 and 2 幕末浪漫 月華の剣士1・2 The Last Blade, The Last Blade 2 January 12, 2006 SLPS-25792

#3 The King of Fighters: Orochi Collection THE KING OF FIGHTERS -オロチ編- The King of Fighters '95, The King of Fighters '96, The King of Fighters '97 April 20, 2006 SLPS-25791

#4 Art of Fighting: Heaven, Earth, Man 龍虎の拳〜天・地・人〜 Art of Fighting, Art of Fighting 2, Art of Fighting 3 May 11, 2006 SLPS-25610

#5 Fatal Fury Battle Archives 1 餓狼伝説バトルアーカイブズ1 Fatal Fury, Fatal Fury 2, Fatal Fury Special, Fatal Fury 3 July 20, 2006 SLPS-25664

#6 Fatal Fury Battle Archives 2 餓狼伝説バトルアーカイブズ2 Real Bout Fatal Fury, Real Bout Fatal Fury Special, Real Bout Fatal Fury 2: The Newcomers February 22, 2007 SLPS-25698

#7 The King of Fighters: NESTS Collection THE KING OF FIGHTERS -ネスツ編- The King of Fighters '99: Millennium Battle, The King of Fighters 2000, The King of Fighters 2001 April 19, 2007 SLPS-25661

#8 Fu'un Super Combo 風雲スーパーコンボ Savage Reign, Kizuna Encounter: Super Tag Battle June 21, 2007 SLPS-25781

#9 World Heroes: Gorgeous ワールドヒーローズ ゴージャス World Heroes, World Heroes 2, World Heroes 2 Jet, World Heroes Perfect October 18, 2007

#10 Samurai Shodown Collection サムライスピリッツ六番勝負 Samurai Shodown, Samurai Shodown II, Samurai Shodown III, Samurai Shodown IV, Samurai Shodown V, Samurai Shodown VI TBD 2008

#11 The King of Fighters '98: Ultimate Match THE KING OF FIGHTERS '98 ULTIMATE MATCH The King of Fighters '98 Spring 2008

#12 Sunsoft Collection サンソフトコレクション Galaxy Fight, Waku Waku 7 TBA

It should be a crime that U.S. hasn't gotten the Last blade collection and Mark of the Wolves, although you can get Last Blade 2 and Mark of the Wolves on Dreamcast. (but they're expensive on Ebay)

CDUniverse comes though yet again! :D $17.14 well spent. How they manage to ship so fast for $2.99 is beyond me, I ain't complaining. If you're looking for Heavenly Guardian, my fellow CAGers, I fully endorse CDUniverse 100%.

This is just a reminder that SNK Arcade Classics Vol 1 (PS2) should be shipping this week. Also, DO NOT buy the game from Gamestop as they are charging $19.99 for it (always looking for a way to get extra money out of unsuspecting customers).

World of Heroes Anthology (Gamestop stores did not get this - it's not even in their system), a lot of us who found it, got it through Game Crazy or online.

Fatal Fury Battle Archives 2 - Got it at Amazon.com

I tried to pre-order SNK Arcade collections for the PS2 and PSP but Gamestop stores do not have it in their system and can't take pre-orders. On one thread, someone mentioned that because these are budget games, Gamestop does not take pre-orders on them. That is for the first two. For the arcade, I don't call this a budget when the PSP is at $29.99 (at Amazon.com, TRU is $19.99) and the PS2 is at $19.99. Again, you can purchase the PS2 at amazon.com for $14.99.

But I think "World Heroes Anthology" has probably a very low print run. Unlike previous releases of "Fatal Fury Battle Archive" and "Art of Fighting".

Anyway, I think amazon.com and TRU is your best bet. Now why is their a major price difference for the PSP over the PS2 version, I don't know. Maybe the cost of UMD production is more than DVD costs.

Games on the SNK Arcade Classics (list from tru.com):

Art of Fighting
Baseball Stars 2
Burning Fight
Fatal Fury
KOF 94
King of the Monsters
Last Resort
Magician Lord
Metal Slug
Neo Turf Masters
Samurai Shodown
Sengoku
Shock Troopers
Super Sidekicks 3
Top Hunter
World Heroes

As for which one to get, personally I would get the PS2 version mainly for the controls (to tell you the truth, I may get both because I like portability as well). But fighting games on the PSP, is hit or miss. I have been fine with them....Tekken, SF Alpha, Darkstalkers, etc. but my fighting game friends say they can't pull of their moves on the PSP all that well. And for those who enjoy SNK games know pretty well how fighting the end CHEAP bosses are one of the most frustrating (and exciting when you beat them) experiences. So, you may want to take control into consideration of using a nub stick and using a PS2 controller. But still, the addition of "Baseball Stars 2" and other sports and non-fighting 2D games, would be fun on both portable and console and it all comes down to your gaming experience.

[quote name='VGMaster75']You know what makes no sense?
How SNK Arcade Classics can be $14.99 and that Metal Slug Anthology (PS2) never dropped below $39.99 MSRP![/QUOTE]

Good point. That said, Metal Slug has always had a pretty popular following so I suppose SNK just wanted to milk it. And, well, you get 7 games in it so honestly, I think it's actually far and away better than the SNK Arcade V1.

On that note, if you're on the fence with which version is best, undoubtedly the PS2. The Wii version is horrible and the PSP one doesn't control right. I noticed Gamespot also agreed that the PS2 is by far the best version.

bread's done
Back