So Contact is out right now!

I haven't been able to play as much as I would like. But I do have a question about Mochi, is using his decal at all useful? He doesn't seem to do anything but run on screen when I use it.

[quote name='yukine']I haven't been able to play as much as I would like. But I do have a question about Mochi, is using his decal at all useful? He doesn't seem to do anything but run on screen when I use it.[/quote]

When you go to sleep to save your game, keep rubbing on Mochi's stomach after you make him roll over. Each time you do that, Mochi's Decal becomes more and more useful.

[quote name='Deiji']When you go to sleep to save your game, keep rubbing on Mochi's stomach after you make him roll over. Each time you do that, Mochi's Decal becomes more and more useful.[/quote]

Alright, but when I typically save is when I'm done with the game.

I'm guessing I'd have to save after doing that with Mochi? Because it saves the game before that part even takes place.

[quote name='Sporophyte']So has anybody found a good way to level up the elements in a reasonable amount of time? Weapons weren't too bad, but man getting the spells and the jobs to level takes a ton of grinding.[/quote]I don't know what's a good level, so maybe my way isn't the best. But I'm currently using the errr... I forget what it's called. It's a blue-ish sword that onlly the Fireman/AquaShot costume can use. It has an inherint water element, and simply using it helps level up Water Element.

Using EPs with it equipped for dual-flash (or other sword techniques) appears to level up sword ability and water element.

[quote name='grammarxcore']I haven't been able to get the karma girlfriend. My karma's at -52, but she still won't join.[/quote]Karma at negative 52?!?

I've only been working on the old mans request on Bamboo Island, so I don't know about the Girlfriend issue. But my Karma has been maxed out for a long time. Would I want to start doing bad things to make my karma tank out? I really don't want Terry to start hurting villagers.

[quote name='yukine']Alright, but when I typically save is when I'm done with the game.

I'm guessing I'd have to save after doing that with Mochi? Because it saves the game before that part even takes place.[/quote]
I'm curious about this too. I don't save often, and when I do I play with Mochi, but then I'm hesitant to turn the DS off, as I'll lose that play time. So I've left the game in hibernate mode overnight on several occasions.

[quote name='guinaevere']

Karma at negative 52?!?

I've only been working on the old mans request on Bamboo Island, so I don't know about the Girlfriend issue. But my Karma has been maxed out for a long time. Would I want to start doing bad things to make my karma tank out? I really don't want Terry to start hurting villagers.

.[/QUOTE]

If you want the "likes bad boys" girlfriend in the Electronics shop then, yes, you need to start hunting villagers - for, like, hours. I posted a while back about this, as I figured out how many townspeople I had to kill to drop one karma level. I figured it was not worth it in the slightest as I was maxed out too, and had to go down 150 levels. I just got the other girlfriends and then finished the game.

I'm assuming, Gwen, that this part of the game is not going to appeal to you a whole lot anyway :lol:. Once you get the girlfriends one will follow you around ths ship and whoever is with you when you go to sleep, will, uh, "sleep" with you. And of course you can change to a different one next time, but they all stay on your ship. Very male-oriented to say the least ;). (And beyond that there is no point to the girlfriends except for the collection aspect - there's no stat boost or anything to help with the main game).

So that's what she's about. Gotchya.

Yeah, I've got the flower and bug girls on my ship. After speaking with one of them, she wouldn't leave Terry alone, so I just ignore them now. I'm assuming the girl on Chef's Island (jewels) will join up if I give her enough jewels. But dang, how many do I have to give her?

Anyway, I've finished and filed the game away. There were aspects of this which I liked for an rpg, but I really disliked the time necessary to level up different abilities. After a lot of hours spent playing, I was unable to get the stage two locksmithing, cooking or fishing. That's just stoopid in my opinion.

Not that I want to fly through a game, but that's one of my peeves about RPGs (among others), the endless time spent searching out monsters to fight in order to level up.

I've been tinkering here and there with Magical Starsign. I love the writing, it's very funny. And the leveling up isn't a big time pull, but the battles themselves are very slow. *sighs*

I've yet to "Make Contact" with anyone, as it seems everyone is done with this game.

Want to unfile the game sometime soon, guinaevere?

It's like what happened with Metroid Prime Hunters, I've yet to check out the VoIP.

[quote name='yukine']I've yet to "Make Contact" with anyone, as it seems everyone is done with this game.

It's like what happened with Metroid Prime Hunters, I've yet to check out the VoIP.[/quote]Ditto with the M:pH VoIP stuff. I remember you sent me a PM that you added me. Maybe I'll get on this weekend if I'm not busy.

[quote name='yukine']I've yet to "Make Contact" with anyone, as it seems everyone is done with this game.

Want to unfile the game sometime soon, guinaevere?[/quote]Currently the only way I can connect is by hitting a McDonalds (still haven't found a darned nintendo wifi usb thingy cheap enough). But I would like to try Making Contact. Thank you for aking. =)

Do I find my code in the game, or do I have to be connected to get my code first?

[quote name='guinaevere']So that's what she's about. Gotchya.

Yeah, I've got the flower and bug girls on my ship. After speaking with one of them, she wouldn't leave Terry alone, so I just ignore them now. I'm assuming the girl on Chef's Island (jewels) will join up if I give her enough jewels. But dang, how many do I have to give her?

[/QUOTE]

Each girl requires a specific stat level as well. I think the jewel one wants your Fame level to be 30, maybe? I forget - but whatever it is I hit that and then she joined up. If you aren't at that level she'll take all your jewels and never hop on board ;).

I agree about the levelling aspect - I, too, was unable to get to level 2 fishing or cooking, which made many of those recipes utterly useless. Someone on here posted how long it takes to reach those levels and it turns out you are nowhere near close enough when you (typically) complete the game. It should be moderately difficult to reach those levels, but not require hours of after-beating-the-game level grinding to do so. That's just stupid.

It's like what happened with Metroid Prime Hunters, I've yet to check out the VoIP.[/QUOTE]

I still need to make Contact with someone too. Let me know when and maybe we can hookup.

Okay, I'm going to take the iniative here.

Times you folks wanting to make contact are available next Monday, January 15? Please post time frame and what time zone you're in.

[quote name='guinaevere']Okay, I'm going to take the iniative here.

Times you folks wanting to make contact are available next Monday, January 15? Please post time frame and what time zone you're in.[/quote]
Monday is fine. Anytime in the late afternoon/night would work for me, and my timezone is (-7).

Now that a bunch of people have picked up this game again, it may be time to make some Contact? I just started playing, my friend key is
4510-6568-0593

How is this game anyway? I keep seeing the box around so I decided to do a little research and I love love love the idea. I also don't think I'd care about the combat system being boring...because it works with the premise. Is there enough value to justify a purchase?

Definitely, it's a great game.

And I need more people playing this, as I haven't been able to "make Contact" with any CAG members.

I'll be another newbie in this game shortly... picked it up yesterday. I'll post the appropriate info once I get into it, but it sounds fun.

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']I still need this game... why don't I have it yet?[/QUOTE]

It's on sale at CC if you can find it I believe.

I just started playing it a few days ago. Lots of fun. Story is a bit dry right now though.

I just started fiddling around with this game imbetween tense rounds of Advance Wars: Dual Strike. Pretty fun, so far.

[quote name='robosheep']I still need to unlock wifi island.
2577 9359 0938

Please help me out.[/quote]
after you get the first cell, return to the ship and save. hope that helps.

my code is: 4467 7431 5867

BUMP...Anyone currently playing some Contact? I am enjoying it a great deal and would like to check out the wifi component. Meeting up with someone else on the Wifi Island nets you secret items, right?

I just started it again too, and will hopefully finish it this time. Once I get my wireless network up, I'll add my friend code.

Ok...so there are currently four people including myself that are playing the game and willing to meet up via wifi.

mickeyp
humidore
dayglo
neschamp (myself)

Anyone else playing Contact and wanting to meet up on a given day? I am actually in the last area but I want to take advantage of the online component of this game before I finish. I think that a set date and timetable would be helpful for getting people together for "making contact". Feel free to post friend codes and ideas for when to meet up.

I actually completed the game but I'll make contact with you guys for the hell of it. If you guys (yukine/maigoyume) throw up your friend codes we can meet up now.

My FC is: 4725 4856 3897

sorry for the double post, but i figured out what contacting does

so you get access to a new island via the seanavi, head to the island and go inside the cave, you'll find random npc's of whomever you contacted, sean you had an afro and said "I AM BATMAN!" :applause: and kyle was some random dude who likes lo-mein, so i'm assuming you're asian as well ;) anyways when you speak to them, they'll tell you some things, eg. whoever was from arizona, and then you'll get a level up in a random category :bouncy:

My ID is 0602-3227-2928. So far, I've added:
maigoyume
newchamp
phattsoe
robosheep
humidore

If anyone is up for it, I'll be online tonight at 9 pm CST for about 30 minutes. I'll be sure to check back in this thread too, for anyone else that might be interested.

I just added you, frey. I'll try to be online at around 9pm CST again tonight for about 30 minutes, if anyone wants to contact.

bread's done
Back