So I finally played Guitar Hero

Slightly - but there's a difference between something like Parappa and Guitar Hero.

But Frequency and Guitar Hero are almost the *same game*.

[quote name='Nephlabobo']Yes, for the first time!
In glorious mono on the Wii!

I was surprised....all the game is is Frequency with a fancy controller.

This is what people have been hyping about for the last two years?

http://youtube.com/watch?v=43oQDn6Whhk[/QUOTE]

Gee, a negative post from Nephlabobo. Big surprise there.

That said, you're right -- Guitar Hero is pretty much Frequency/Amplitude with a peripheral. Since nobody actually played those, though, Harmonix going to that well again isn't the end of the world. Amplitude and Frequency are good games, so just think of Guitar Hero as the next step. Frequency III, if you will.

Well it is, in an extremely simplified fashion, how you would play the guitar, so what the hell else are you gonna do?

Would it be better if the notes you were supposed to play went from right to left?

[quote name='Nephlabobo']

I was surprised....all the game is is Frequency with a fancy controller.
[/QUOTE]

hello and welcome to Guitar Hero 1's launch day :lol:

[quote name='trq']Gee, a negative post from Nephlabobo. Big surprise there.

That said, you're right -- Guitar Hero is pretty much Frequency/Amplitude with a peripheral. Since nobody actually played those, though, Harmonix going to that well again isn't the end of the world. Amplitude and Frequency are good games, so just think of Guitar Hero as the next step. Frequency III, if you will.[/QUOTE]

That's actually the reason I gave GH a try. Though it helps that Harmonix moved away from random Techno, into known Rock.

[quote name='-Never4ever-']That's actually the reason I gave GH a try. Though it helps that Harmonix moved away from random Techno, into known Rock.[/quote]
I prefered the random techno. That's why I haven't bought a single GH game since 1 because all of them only have maybe 4 or 5 songs that I would want to play more than once. Although, I'm seriously considering 3 for nothing more than Weezer.

[quote name='trq']Gee, a negative post from Nephlabobo. Big surprise there.[/QUOTE]

Who are you?
And I didn't say anything negative, I was just surprised at how similar the games were. Try reading a post before you misquote someone.

[quote name='Nephlabobo']I was surprised....all the game is is Frequency with a fancy controller.
[/QUOTE]

True, but the controller is what makes the game great. I can't stand to play music games without an instrument controller since playing the first GH.

[quote name='terribledeli']Why doesn't this thread belong in the countless guitar hero threads readily available?[/quote]

I said the same thing but a little less subtle in my post.

We all care. Really, I was wondering when you would finally play Guitar Hero. I can now die a full filled happy man. Don't you have an American house pet to eat or something?

So this 300lb guy with long shaggy hair that smelled like a trailer park that had collided with a train made entirely of horse manure was playing guitar hero in this store I was in today, and as far as I can tell, the game is about mashing buttons on this plastic toy while a bunch of random high pitched noises are emitted with no logic as to their pitch or frequency.

I killed everyone who was unfortunate enough to be witness to the event.

bread's done
Back