so i just bought 32 genuine microsoft xbox360 vga cables...AND WIRELESS CONTROLLERS!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
quick question, does anyone already have one of these cables?, newegg has this deal on this headset thats really cheap right now and i wanna take advantage of it, but im now sure how ill get sound off of these cables.

they said that the vga cables come with rca stero cables... what are those? do i just plug them into my sound card on my pc then plug my headphones into the headphone ports...which i assume would require my pc to be on whenever im playing the 360?

[quote name='Americanpierg']quick question, does anyone already have one of these cables?, newegg has this deal on this headset thats really cheap right now and i wanna take advantage of it, but im now sure how ill get sound off of these cables.

they said that the vga cables come with rca stero cables... what are those? do i just plug them into my sound card on my pc then plug my headphones into the headphone ports...which i assume would require my pc to be on whenever im playing the 360?[/QUOTE]

Well, if they're headsets made for the Xbox 360 then they just plug into a controller. You'll still have an audio out from your 360 to your TV or sound system for ambient sounds but you'll hear certain things with the headset (like your teammates speaking).

[quote name='Vinny']Well, if they're headsets made for the Xbox 360 then they just plug into a controller. You'll still have an audio out from your 360 to your TV or sound system for ambient sounds but you'll hear certain things with the headset (like your teammates speaking).[/quote]

lol no not the 360 headset...those things arent really even headphones, i was gonna get a pair of noise cancelling headphones

[quote name='Americanpierg']quick question, does anyone already have one of these cables?, newegg has this deal on this headset thats really cheap right now and i wanna take advantage of it, but im now sure how ill get sound off of these cables.

they said that the vga cables come with rca stero cables... what are those? do i just plug them into my sound card on my pc then plug my headphones into the headphone ports...which i assume would require my pc to be on whenever im playing the 360?[/quote]

I have these cables and use them on my projector. They DO have RCA cables attached. You have a standard vga cable, then about a foot down you have 2 RCA cables (red/white), about 3 feet later you have the part that connects to the 360. On this connector, there is a spot for an optical cable if you have one. You either plug the RCA or Optical into some sound source.

I bought one for $7.50 or so at Sam Goody's closing sale. Ended up trading it for COD2 :) Not bad for $7 and change :)

they said that the vga cables come with rca stero cables... what are those? do i just plug them into my sound card on my pc then plug my headphones into the headphone ports...which i assume would require my pc to be on whenever im playing the 360?[/quote]

The Rca are the red and white cables. If you get the cables complete they should come with the vga gender changer and an inline stereo plug in (the thing in the middle). If you are going to plug them into computer speakers then you need an adapter like the one on the left, that one came with my computer speakers.

And the person I bought those from sent them in that priority box that is $4.05 which is probably the cheapest you can mail them for.

[quote name='TimPV3']I'm also curious[/QUOTE]

likewise... seeing this guys post abouit the ps3s though makes me think this might be a farse?

[quote name='BasketCase1080']likewise... seeing this guys post abouit the ps3s though makes me think this might be a farse?[/QUOTE]I'm almost positive he got scammed. I just can't wait to see regardless, either he got screwed big time or the deal of a lifetime.

[quote name='TimPV3']I'm almost positive he got scammed. I just can't wait to see regardless, either he got screwed big time or the deal of a lifetime.[/quote]

it should be here this week...i'm pretty sure that im not getting scammed...the guy has 100,000+ sales, worst case scenario is i get a refund

[quote name='BasketCase1080']likewise... seeing this guys post abouit the ps3s though makes me think this might be a farse?[/quote]

lol that post blossomed faster than I had expected...too bad those jack@sses ruined it, but yea ill post pictures and what not if people are still interested when they come

NOTE:: when they do come, since i think theres more than 31 people in here asking for one, im going to start from the top and go down the list, ill determine the price when they come so i can see how much they weigh, most likely ill ship through priority mail if they fall below 1 pound

[quote name='guyver2077']any updates?[/quote] I'm as lost as you are...there has been no responses to my emails...but since the sheer volume of transaction they have to deal with everyday is so large...I'm going to give them the benefit of the doubt for now. I guess we'll see come monday.

Hi, the cables are in, and theres only 30 of them, not 32. They all in the green microsoft bags and taped closed, and they all look like theyre new. They have the Microsoft label like the HD cable. I randomly opened up two of them and they both tested fine. If your interested, I can open up yours to test it too or you can get it unopened. I'm planning on selling them for $11 + shipping. You can calculate your own shipping method (im shipping from 48089) and get back to me on it, or I can ship it out by priority mail for 4.05 to anywhere (minus hawaii/alaska/internationally [lowest priority mail rate]) and itll get to you in 2-3 days (wednesday/thursday if shipped monday)

Pictures will be up later with the cables and my 20.1 lcd. I'd have to say though the 360 looks the same as my x1900xtx, if only 1680x1050 was an option

[quote name='D4rkN1ght']sue him for fucking you out of 2![/quote] LOL yea i thought about that...then i realized it's either take the 30, or return them for a refund...yea ill rather choose the former, anyone know where i can post pictures for free?

Been watching this waiting for the complete debacle. Glad to hear it seems to have worked out well. Good stuff.

I have a notebook and it has a vga connector. So, will I be able to play my 360 on it? The resolution of the screen is 1280x800.

[quote name='XxFuRy2Xx']I have a notebook and it has a vga connector. So, will I be able to play my 360 on it? The resolution of the screen is 1280x800.[/quote]

im not sure...ive never used my laptop screen as a second monitor before...and if i would have to guess i would say it wouldnt be possible.

[quote name='XxFuRy2Xx']I have a notebook and it has a vga connector. So, will I be able to play my 360 on it? The resolution of the screen is 1280x800.[/QUOTE]

Probably not, usually laptops will only output a VGA signal, not accept an input.

Are you going down the original list in the order that people asked? If so, I am pretty sure I made the cut. I am still interested, so put me down for one (although I am going to be a pain in the ass and ask that you test it first XD!)

Thanks!

[quote name='Diiz']Are you going down the original list in the order that people asked? If so, I am pretty sure I made the cut. I am still interested, so put me down for one (although I am going to be a pain in the ass and ask that you test it first XD!)

Thanks![/quote]

lol u think i should? ive just been filling orders i got through PM, theres about 17 left. i just sent u a pm.

[quote name='gofishn']Probably not, usually laptops will only output a VGA signal, not accept an input.[/quote]

You mean like my setup I use when I travel? Not using VGA, just S-Video though.

360Laptop.jpg

^ Looks like you will need that middle piece to hook it up to your monitor, or the adapter on the left if you want to connect them directly to your computer speakers.
[quote name='DT778']

The Rca are the red and white cables. If you get the cables complete they should come with the vga gender changer and an inline stereo plug in (or whatever its called, the thing in the middle). If you are going to plug them into computer speakers then you need an adapter like the one on the left, that one came with my computer speakers.

And the person I bought those from sent them in that priority box that is $4.05 which is probably the cheapest you can mail them for.[/quote]

[quote name='DT778']^ Looks like you will need that middle piece to hook it up to your monitor, or the adapter on the left if you want to connect them directly to your computer speakers.[/quote]

Yea, my monitor doesn't have any speakers, so I had to plug my spare optical digital cable into the vga cable and into my 5.1 surround sound wireless headphone charging station to get sound out of my head phones, at the same time realizing how great a setup this would be in my dorm. I read that some speakers/sound cards may have the RCA cable inputs, but most if not all motherboards doesnt. I'm gonna see if I can connect the 360 to the projector tomorrow.

[quote name='s4alex']You mean like my setup I use when I travel? Not using VGA, just S-Video though.

[/QUOTE]

Damn, I didn't know this can be done. s4alex could you please provide a little more detail? Looks to me you have a card that takes video/audio in ? Also there is a some sort of small connector that takes in S-video and audtio all together in between the card and Xbox cable

Any down side about this connection?

[quote name='pinkkirby']Damn, I didn't know this can be done. s4alex could you please provide a little more detail? Looks to me you have a card that takes video/audio in ? Also there is a some sort of small connector that takes in S-video and audtio all together in between the card and Xbox cable

Any down side about this connection?[/quote]

Yeah, once I got my 360, my PSP got real boring. I travel a lot, like almost M-F, so I didnt want to loose downtime with my 360.

So, I looked into getting an external USB PVR thing, that didnt work too well as there was a delay because of the time lapse thing of the PVR, so then I looked into a card that had a TV Tuner on it.

That cable attached to the card came with it.

It has A/V inputs and S-Video, as well as stereo RCA.

The only down side to this is that because I am using S-Video I cant get true HD on my laptop YET. Since my laptop supports resolutions up to 1600x1200 I can do HD. I just have to find the right way.

I did find a HDTV TV Tuner so i might try picking up one of thse.

Oh, the cards are only like $50-75 at your local fry's or ebay. The HDTV ones are like $130.

[quote name='s4alex']You mean like my setup I use when I travel? Not using VGA, just S-Video though.

360Laptop.jpg
[/QUOTE]

No he was talking about through the VGA port on his laptop. Usually the HDTV cards don't have component in and only support ATSC signals and sometimes QAM. If you come across one that has component in for a laptop let me know, I'd be very interested.

Oh man, I can't wait... and I should have a new 20" widescreen LCD for my new computer coming in soon too.:bouncy:

Americanpierg = my hero.:D

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back