so i just bought 32 genuine microsoft xbox360 vga cables...AND WIRELESS CONTROLLERS!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Any computer geek store should have them. Hell Best Buy or CC might have them.

PLease change the title to let everyone know that hte cables are gone. :(

OMG I can connect it to my laptop WHY Didn tI think of that, i was pondering how I was gonna connect it to my LCD lol..

got the cable today, guess I can try that chromehounds demo then...

oh wait maybe it's only VGA out =/

[quote name='Shayde']So which places carry these "gender changers"?

Didn't know I needed one to use it.[/quote]

sorry i didnt know about these gender changers... these cords worked perfectly on my lcd and regular monitors...without any attachments, i just pluged it in normally

[quote name='Americanpierg']sorry i didnt know about these gender changers... these cords worked perfectly on my lcd and regular monitors...without any attachments, i just pluged it in normally[/quote]

And you made a killing :D

Working on getting a VGA box myself

Gender changer is needed if your LCD vga cable is not detachable....

s4alex, I am still wondering if the set up using a tv tuner will give you delay? Isn't that the same as using TV tuner card for desktop and I have heard horror stories about the quality.

If your set up works i'll definitly try it. But that's quite a bit mnoey invested lol
tuner + xbox s-video cable....

allright so i got it today as wel but i guess i should have planned it out better.

my lcd has dvi and vga.. i have the dvi going to my pc so id figure i could pull out the vga cable.

edit... fuck it i just connected the vga cable straight into my lcd.. hope that works...

now all i have to figure out it the sound... what are you guys doing to get sound...i have my stereo connected to my pc and tv.. no way the white and red audio cables are going to reach to my stereo...any way i can input it into my sound card???

edit.. BINGO WORKED LIKE A CHARM... I GOT MY 360 RUNNING AT 1280 X 1024 RESOLUTION.. AND I CAN SWITCH BACK AND FORTH BETWEEN DVI (PC) AND VGA(360)

I NEED A SOLUTION FOR SOUND. My receiver is old so optical not an option. i guess two of these???

http://www.radioshack.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2102943&cp=2032058.2032228.2032256&parentPage=family

actually dont i need an rca jack to rca jack??

360 looks amazing!

I got mine today. For sound I connected the RCA cables to a stereo (? I think that's what it's called. It's whatever type of cables you can plug into most sound cards black/green/blue, etc) converter and plugged it into my LCD, which has speakers. The sound quality isn't good, but I don't really care because I'll mostly be using it for LAN parties.

It's true what I've read; when using VGA everything is sharper then component, but the colors are dull compaired to component.

[quote name='Kaijufan']I got mine today. For sound I connected the RCA cables to a stereo (? I think that's what it's called. It's whatever type of cables you can plug into most sound cards black/green/blue, etc) converter and plugged it into my LCD, which has speakers. The sound quality isn't good, but I don't really care because I'll mostly be using it for LAN parties.

It's true what I've read; when using VGA everything is sharper then component, but the colors are dull compaired to component.[/quote]

I'm assuming your using an LCD right? When i changed from my 20.1 widescreen LCD to my 21" CRT...the difference was like night and day...sadly they dont make widescreen CRTs that are affordable.

[quote name='Americanpierg']I'm assuming your using an LCD right? When i changed from my 20.1 widescreen LCD to my 21" CRT...the difference was like night and day...sadly they dont make widescreen CRTs that are affordable.[/quote] Yep. I got rid of my CRT almost a year ago.

[quote name='guyver2077']allright so i got it today as wel but i guess i should have planned it out better.

my lcd has dvi and vga.. i have the dvi going to my pc so id figure i could pull out the vga cable.

edit... fuck it i just connected the vga cable straight into my lcd.. hope that works...

now all i have to figure out it the sound... what are you guys doing to get sound...i have my stereo connected to my pc and tv.. no way the white and red audio cables are going to reach to my stereo...any way i can input it into my sound card???

edit.. BINGO WORKED LIKE A CHARM... I GOT MY 360 RUNNING AT 1280 X 1024 RESOLUTION.. AND I CAN SWITCH BACK AND FORTH BETWEEN DVI (PC) AND VGA(360)

I NEED A SOLUTION FOR SOUND. My receiver is old so optical not an option. i guess two of these???

http://www.radioshack.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2102943&cp=2032058.2032228.2032256&parentPage=family

actually dont i need an rca jack to rca jack??

360 looks amazing![/quote]
if you want the sound to come from your receiver then you will need a pair of these rca jack to rca jack and a stereo rca cable that is long enough to reach.

[quote name='DT778']if you want the sound to come from your receiver then you will need a pair of these rca jack to rca jack and a stereo rca cable that is long enough to reach.[/quote]

thats what its called.. they got em at radio shack right?

man 360 looks really good on my lcd..

i wanna get a hd tv even more now.....

Is this comparable to using component????

i mean i could swear that 360 looks better on my 19 in lcd than on my friends 30 in widescreen sanya hd tv

EDIT.. I WENT TO RADIO SHACK AND BOUGHT THE COUPLER...IM GOOD TO GO

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back