So my ebay account just got suspended...

saadman

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
I posted a preorder auction for a Nintendo Wii yesterday. The policy with ebay is you need to be able to ship the item within 30 days of the auction ending.....which I could do. I followed closely the trends of all the other preorder auctions up. Today I look to see that they suspended my account????? I mean seriously, I am an honest ebayer for 7 years!!!! And they suspend me over all those other snakes out there? All I could do was fax my information to them and hope for the best. They don't even have a phone # I can call to try and explain my case.

I want to put my auction up also but I count more than 30 days till launch now. How the fuck are some people completing auctions for 1500-2000 while others are getting canceled??

[quote name='saadman']I posted a preorder auction for a Nintendo Wii yesterday. The policy with ebay is you need to be able to ship the item within 30 days of the auction ending.....which I could do. [/quote]

I thought the Wii wasnt to be released until November 19th?

Wow, they didn't just take down the listing but went straight for the jugular? Damn.

Have you had some other listings pulled in the past, especially for this same problem? Just wondering if it was possibly a cumulative thing or not.

Good luck with getting the suspension lifted.

And I would imagine other people selling Wii pre-orders are going through and reporting every OTHER Wii listing as a violaton (to thin the competition.)

I had my original Wii auction pulled as I wasn't aware of the 30 day policy, but my second listing wasn't going against any violation, it was released on the 19th I put a 10 day auction yesterday which gave me exactly 30 days after the end of the auction to ship the item. I don't understand how that was wrong?

You always count a day minus one these rich people count things by the second so if you are a second over 30 days you'll get canceled !

[quote name='saadman']Thanks for the number, but its a powerseller only number[/QUOTE]
Time for some social engineering.

[quote name='briansraregames']Give Ebay a call:

1-866-XXX-XXXX[/QUOTE]

Can someone please remove this number?

By the way, YES, it is a powerseller only number. However, if you're a smooth talker you can get around or just ignore them when they ask if you're a power seller.

That is, until the number gets out TO THE WHOLE WORLD and they get so many phone calls they have to crack down. Remove the number. OP, you have the number, call it and then tell us what they say. I had my PS3 PO taken down today and I thought that was absolute garbage.

[quote name='briansraregames']Give Ebay a call:

1-866-442-3229[/QUOTE]
I dont think thats a good enough reason to remove the number...I don't think people are going to call it for no reason.

[quote name='chosen1s']Can someone please remove this number?

By the way, YES, it is a powerseller only number. However, if you're a smooth talker you can get around or just ignore them when they ask if you're a power seller.

That is, until the number gets out TO THE WHOLE WORLD and they get so many phone calls they have to crack down. Remove the number. OP, you have the number, call it and then tell us what they say. I had my PS3 PO taken down today and I thought that was absolute garbage.[/QUOTE]

ahhhhhhhh.......
ok.........
this number is a sticky on fatwallet and can be easily found using google.
posting that number on cag is irrelevant.
if you that righteous, then don't use that number to fix your own ebay issue.
http://www.fatwallet.com/t/24/370363/

[quote name='wbc1228']ahhhhhhhh.......
this number is a sticky on fatwallet and can be easily found using google.
posting that number on cag is irrelevant.
[/quote]

Not to mention, ITS A STICKY IN THIS VERY FORUM, but nobody ever fucking reads it!

Hahahahaha, somebody in their auction auditing department is pissed about not getting a 360 last year :)

That is a little harsh though.. I agree, call their asses and demand a credit for the auction fees you'll have to pay by relisting.

eBay has now stopped all preorder auctions of PS3 consoles. The reponse email to a cancellation is odd because Wii presale auctions are NOT being pulled, and they even say go so far as to say "this item".

But worst of all look what they expect you to do if your auction gets pulled! They act like they are investigating you for fraud because they decided to stop allowing these sales which do not break the User Agreement or rules in any way. Not only that, but why do they need Driver's license and a utility bill, they don't even ask for those when you make an account! And it's not like they don't already have direct access to your bank account as it is! Best of all as the op said, they don't want to talk to you about it on the phone AT ALL. Someone should contact the BBB:

"Due to the high demand and limited supply of this item we are taking stronger measures to protect both buyers and sellers in the eBay community. Currently, eBay is not permitting “Pre-Sale” of this item, and sellers who list it on eBay must have physical possession of the products at time of listing.

It is necessary that you provide information by fax that confirms your identity and allows us to review your current business practices. You will need to send all of the following:

1. A copy of the front and back of your driver's license or other government issued ID.

2. A copy of a recent credit card statement or utility bill clearly showing your billing address as proof of your registration information. Please remove any account numbers before sending.

3. Copies of manufacturer invoices or any other documentation showing purchase or possession of items listed for sale prior to your account suspension. This includes purchase records and related documentation from suppliers and/or other third parties.

4. Written acknowledgement that you have read and that you understand the eBay User Agreement. A link to the User Agreement can be found at the bottom of most eBay pages.

5. Written acknowledgement that you have read and understand eBay’s categorization policy.

*** Important ***
All contact information listed on the documents that you submit with your appeal must be consistent with the contact information listed on your registered eBay account. If any differences exist, you must provide an explanation for these discrepancies, as well as documentation that confirms your explanation.

If your eBay contact information is your work address, please send official documentation to validate this.

Please fax the information requested above to:

eBay, Attention: PA Appeals
Fax number: 1-888-260-6355

Relisting this item prior to providing the documentation mentioned above may result in the suspension of your eBay account. Please allow 12-24 hours after faxing in your information for a response.

For your security, any documents submitted will be destroyed after your appeal has been reviewed.

Do not respond to this email, as your reply will not be received.

We appreciate your patience in this matter.

Respectfully,
Customer Support (Trust and Safety Department)
eBay Inc "

I don't get what's going on with this shit, there are plenty of auctions ending today for Wiis and yet I saw multiple get taken down and apparently yours was taken down too OP.

I put up an auction and actually cancelled that one to open one for 10 days to follow the rules, but these other fuckers aren't getting any penalties? If I don't see any other ones come down and these first few actually complete I'm just gonna switch mine to a 1 day when it will have about 2 hours left or something.

If they're going to enforce rules they should enforce them over everybody (and they should follow their own rules, which is 30 days from the end of auction).

Looking at the eBay requirements for selling a ps3, it looks like they're going to be covering their backsides ahead of time to avoid the creeps who sold empty 360 boxes and other scams last year.

I don't blame them, but so far as I know they have no legal right to request some of the personal info they're asking for.

[quote name='dragonjud']All of these folks ebaying ps3 and wii preorders can go to hell as far as I'm concerned. No sympathy here...:bomb:[/quote]

[quote name='daphatty']I hope they do this for ALL you people doing this with Wii's and PS3s.[/quote]
Amen to those statements.

To the OP, I hope you like starting over with eBay.

bread's done
Back