So the last Mortal Kombat DLC character is Freddy Krueger?

[quote name='Haggar']Why stop with Freddy, Jason and Predators?

They should add Troll 2, Critters and C.H.U.D.s[/QUOTE]

I'm not happy until we get Torgo as a playable character.

Manos: Hands of Fate FTW

I find it hillarious that ed boon was going on and on before the games release how he wanted to keep the cast of characters low so the game could be tighter and characters more refined. But once it releases they start rolling out DLC characters left and right.

Whats even funnier is idiots who bought the game for 60 bucks and then turn it into a 80+ dollar game just by buying a couple cheap skins with a few moves.

DLC itself is bad enough but DLC for a fighting game is just pathetic.

Whats even worse is they used the freddy from the new nightmare remake which is a fucking joke of a movie and he doesnt even have voice samples.

[quote name='gargus']I find it hillarious that ed boon was going on and on before the games release how he wanted to keep the cast of characters low so the game could be tighter and characters more refined. But once it releases they start rolling out DLC characters left and right.

Whats even funnier is idiots who bought the game for 60 bucks and then turn it into a 80+ dollar game just by buying a couple cheap skins with a few moves.

Whats even worse is they used the freddy from the new nightmare remake which is a fucking joke of a movie and he doesnt even have voice samples.[/QUOTE]

I think it's awesome. If you dont like it, don't fucking buy it.

[quote name='CaptainJoel']I think it's fantastic. Hopefully they bring Jason next. Day one purchase for me.[/QUOTE]

This, I'd pay $5 for Jason in MK.

[quote name='Haggar']Why stop with Freddy, Jason and Predators?

They should add Troll 2, Critters and C.H.U.D.s[/QUOTE]

Jason and predator would be awesome.

I'd like to see Beetlejuice, and pee wee Herman added to the list.

[quote name='gargus']I find it hillarious that ed boon was going on and on before the games release how he wanted to keep the cast of characters low so the game could be tighter and characters more refined. But once it releases they start rolling out DLC characters left and right.

Whats even worse is they used the freddy from the new nightmare remake which is a fucking joke of a movie and he doesnt even have voice samples.[/QUOTE]

Hold on... This game was worth 60 dollars. The original roster feels very complete with new characters. Not like capcom releasing MvC3 and leaving out some of the most notable characters only to bring them out with DLC and a whole new game. There's nothing wrong with expanding the roster with some iconic well known character cameos. It's fan service, it's an example of what DLC should be.

[quote name='n4styn4t3']I think it's awesome. If you dont like it, don't fucking buy it.[/QUOTE]

I already bought it months ago before I knew they were going to pick a stupid character that doesn't "fit" into MK. Maybe Boon should give me $5 back. I guess he could have whored himself even worse and had Lady Gaga or someone from Glee as the last DLC.

Not only do I personally think Freddy is a stupid fucking idea for MK, they run with it and pick the worst version of Freddy ever.

I wonder if it's not too late to get Betty White in the game, she can summon the other dead Golden Girls as fatalities.

[quote name='Haggar']I already bought it months ago before I knew they were going to pick a stupid character that doesn't "fit" into MK. Maybe Boon should give me $5 back.[/QUOTE]

Maybe it's not Ed Boon's fault you make ill-informed purchases.

[quote name='Survivalism']Maybe it's not Ed Boon's fault you make ill-informed purchases.[/QUOTE]

But you can't say it was an ill-informed purchase when it was advertised as "4 additional Mortal Kombat dlc kharacters over the course of the summer."

I don't consider the new, worse Freddy a "Mortal Kombat Kharacter". Nor is Donald Rumsfield or Yogi Bear. It should have been a character that fit into the MK canon, and not this shitty crossover shit like DC vs MK that almost killed MK for good.

I will get Freddy because I already own him via buying the season pass. I will use him because I own him.

But he was a stupid fucking idea for the game and what I consider to make a joke of what the first decent and well reviewed MK title. Ever.

PS, Freddy is now the gayest thing in MK now, having replaced a purple ninja named "Rain" because Boon is a huge Prince fan.

Sorry, but after watching the new Nightmare on Elm Street movie I just can't get myself to look forward to this addition. Playing a pedophile is just weird.

[quote name='whoknows']It's not like the other characters in MK are upstanding citizens[/QUOTE]

what about the ones that were cops?

[quote name='Haggar']But you can't say it was an ill-informed purchase when it was advertised as "4 additional Mortal Kombat dlc kharacters over the course of the summer."

I don't consider the new, worse Freddy a "Mortal Kombat Kharacter". Nor is Donald Rumsfield or Yogi Bear. It should have been a character that fit into the MK canon, and not this shitty crossover shit like DC vs MK that almost killed MK for good.

I will get Freddy because I already own him via buying the season pass. I will use him because I own him.

But he was a stupid fucking idea for the game and what I consider to make a joke of what the first decent and well reviewed MK title. Ever.

PS, Freddy is now the gayest thing in MK now, having replaced a purple ninja named "Rain" because Boon is a huge Prince fan.[/QUOTE]

...but you still paid the same price as you would have if you paid for the 3 MK characters individually. I don't see what the tragedy is here.

I'm pretty sure Warner Bros had some sort of pull over the inclusion of Freddy in MK. I'm not saying Boon and NRS were opposed to the idea, but with WB being the parent company of NRS, I'm sure they needed to support it regardless.

Anyways, I can't see how anyone can say the game was not a solid game for the $60 they paid. It's one of my favorite games in the last few years and even if there was not any DLC, I'd still be happy with it. The DLC was released to give the game more longevity, and it did not jeopardize or ruin the core game because of their release.

/rant

[quote name='gargus']I find it hillarious that ed boon was going on and on before the games release how he wanted to keep the cast of characters low so the game could be tighter and characters more refined. But once it releases they start rolling out DLC characters left and right.[/QUOTE]There has been 4 DLC characters. What a huge amount.

[quote name='gargus']Whats even worse is they used the freddy from the new nightmare remake which is a fucking joke of a movie and he doesnt even have voice samples.[/QUOTE]

PSB: Did you base Freddy off the 80s films or the reboot movie from a few years back?
Well…that’s a good question. We didn’t try to make him look like the actor Robert Englund, I don’t even know if we would be allowed to….Admittedly, I didn’t see the latest movie, the remake. But obviously the first few movies were huge — they left an undeniable mark on pop culture. When I look at him, I think of the original Freddy: he’s got the striped sweater and is instantly recognizable. He’s Freddy in general, we don’t really identify him as one version or another.

I wouldn't spend $60 on Mortal Kombat, but I still think you're an idiot.

I would rather see that guy who would yell "Toasty!" after making an uppercut from the old Mortal Kombat games as a playable character!

I can see kids who haven't seen the Freddy movies say: "Look, its a zombie version of Wolverine!" lol

Wow, didn't know there was such a backlash to this new character. Can't say I sympathize really: so he's not a true "Kombatant"... compared to who, Kratos? What's all this new vs. old Freddy stuff too, Freddy looks like Freddy to me, is his sweater red and green-striped instead of green and red? What's the point in fussing over a character you're not interested in, especially in a game like MK where you're still allowed to play against other people who bought the DLC without paying a dime?

[quote name='iamsmart']Wow, didn't know there was such a backlash to this new character. Can't say I sympathize really: so he's not a true "Kombatant"... compared to who, Kratos? What's all this new vs. old Freddy stuff too, Freddy looks like Freddy to me, is his sweater red and green-striped instead of green and red? What's the point in fussing over a character you're not interested in, especially in a game like MK where you're still allowed to play against other people who bought the DLC without paying a dime?[/QUOTE]

The people complaining are the same ones that had temper tantrums when they found out their mom was sleeping with a man (other than their father). Because it's not what they want.. they have to try and C-Block. It's in their nature.

[quote name='iamsmart']Wow, didn't know there was such a backlash to this new character. Can't say I sympathize really: so he's not a true "Kombatant"... compared to who, Kratos? What's all this new vs. old Freddy stuff too, Freddy looks like Freddy to me, is his sweater red and green-striped instead of green and red? What's the point in fussing over a character you're not interested in, especially in a game like MK where you're still allowed to play against other people who bought the DLC without paying a dime?[/QUOTE]Don't take one person crying in this thread as backlash for the majority of MK players.

[quote name='GUNNM']Don't take one person crying in this thread as backlash for the majority of MK players.[/QUOTE]

Yeah sorry, I usually don't look at the usernames but now I can see it's basically one person making the complaint

At least their taking risk thinking outta the box, I get tired of the same ol' $hit. The did use the wrong version though but his character does fit the game.

bread's done
Back