So.. um... holy crap. (redgopher is no longer on the market)

[quote name='mykevermin']
Again, good luck, and don't have some lame-shit theme wedding (which, in your case, might have been WoW).[/quote]

Oh dude, fuck that.

[quote name='Wshakspear']We'll applaud if they go really good...or at least do something with our hands[/quote]

also fun to read while watching Chasing Amy, that movie fucks with my head though so I don't watch it anymore :?

good luck dude, I will be proposing this weekend, been with her 5 years, living together for 3. My brothers, best friends, and her cousins wedding the past 6 months put me in a no way out situation...

If he loves this girl enough to consider it, maybe he's mature enough to consider getting her a box of tampons as a reasonable favor for the woman he loves?

[quote name='JohnHam']If he loves this girl enough to consider it, maybe he's mature enough to consider getting her a box of tampons as a reasonable favor for the woman he loves?[/quote]
The tampon run to wal-mart sucks ass. I had to do one last week, and that's when I realized......WTF am I doing?

What the hell, if you love her do it, if you have any shadow of a doubt, like if one of her girlfriends come over and you are constantly trying to think of something else other than sticking her like a red light district love whore then you better rethink your plans because even though you two will become one (financially and spirtually) in a divorce, she gets half. And thats always enough to scare me away from marriage.

[quote name='punqsux']wow, i didnt think so many of you would be so negative in this topic. so i re-affirm my well wishes to the gopher.[/quote]

Yeah man, Congrats.

[quote name='PenguinMaster']I don't know why people are getting relationship advice from CAG. Nothing against CAG, but who wants relationship advice from a gaming site?[/quote]

Have you read Mr. Anderson's topic? I read the first page, and skipped all the way to page #22, and he had already gotten down with the chick he was after.

[quote name='rabbitt'][quote name='PenguinMaster']I don't know why people are getting relationship advice from CAG. Nothing against CAG, but who wants relationship advice from a gaming site?[/quote]

Have you read Mr. Anderson's topic? I read the first page, and skipped all the way to page #22, and he had already gotten down with the chick he was after.[/quote]

Yes, CAGs are lovegods. We were able to help a nervous, quiet boy get laid in only a couple months. Now THAT'S quality.

[quote name='PenguinMaster']I don't know why people are getting relationship advice from CAG. Nothing against CAG, but who wants relationship advice from a gaming site?[/quote]

I've pondered this myself...

But, congrats OP and good luck.

[quote name='moiety'][quote name='PenguinMaster']I don't know why people are getting relationship advice from CAG. Nothing against CAG, but who wants relationship advice from a gaming site?[/quote]

But, congrats OP and good luck.[/quote]

I think most of them have thier minds made up.
It just serves as a sounding board. They get to see thier own ideas in text. What people reply to it really usually doesn't matter.
Of course, since most people usually crave attention, it's a nice little fringe benefit to get attention and kudos for something.

Oh by the way... if it is what the OP wants, I'm very happy for him.
It's just the conversation was getting really heavy and negative, hence my couple of jokes trying to add a bit of levity to the situation.

[quote name='y2jrevolution'][quote name='JohnHam']If he loves this girl enough to consider it, maybe he's mature enough to consider getting her a box of tampons as a reasonable favor for the woman he loves?[/quote]
The tampon run to wal-mart sucks ass. I had to do one last week, and that's when I realized......WTF am I doing?[/quote]

I've told her countless times that it's the last time I'm doing it. Yet I still find myself braving the winter cold in the wee hours of the night to fetch them.

If I ever get an extreme case of hemorrhoids, I'm making that woman go to the store for me all the time.

[quote name='Grave_Addiction']If I ever get an extreme case of hemorrhoids, I'm making that woman go to the store for me all the time.[/quote]

:rofl:

[quote name='moiety'][quote name='PenguinMaster']I don't know why people are getting relationship advice from CAG. Nothing against CAG, but who wants relationship advice from a gaming site?[/quote]

But, congrats OP and good luck.[/quote]

The OP should jump on her head to stun her (landing on her with his butt, of course) After a few hits, she should turn orange and start glowing, and that's the time to pop the question.

[quote name='Moxio'][quote name='rabbitt'][quote name='PenguinMaster']I don't know why people are getting relationship advice from CAG. Nothing against CAG, but who wants relationship advice from a gaming site?[/quote]

Have you read Mr. Anderson's topic? I read the first page, and skipped all the way to page #22, and he had already gotten down with the chick he was after.[/quote]

Yes, CAGs are lovegods. We were able to help a nervous, quiet boy get laid in only a couple months. Now THAT'S quality.[/quote]

Yeah, cause we were ones that spent time with her and had the personality to get her to fuck in the band room...

Okay, I think we all know too much about the kid...

[quote name='Moxio'][quote name='rabbitt'][quote name='PenguinMaster']I don't know why people are getting relationship advice from CAG. Nothing against CAG, but who wants relationship advice from a gaming site?[/quote]

Yes, CAGs are lovegods. We were able to help a nervous, quiet boy get laid in only a couple months. Now THAT'S quality.[/quote]

:lol: by an "angel" no less

Hey, good luck....I see a lot of people here just play video games and don't care about love. I'm also getting married this year....no regrets, no cold feet, nothing. When you know, you know.

So, GOOD LUCK

[quote name='tyecko']To see if you are making the right decision OP I believe we need to see a pic of her.[/quote]

If I had a scanner...

You know what would be cool is if you asked her just after she hit her next level in WoW.

*Ping!*
"Yay! Level 25!"
"Marry me!"
*Bling!*

[quote name='redgopher']T minus 20 hours or so... wow.[/quote]

Holy crap, I would be peeing my pants right about now if I were you.

[quote name='Alpha2']You know what would be cool is if you asked her just after she hit her next level in WoW.

*Ping!*
"Yay! Level 25!"
"Marry me!"
*Bling!*[/quote]

LOL Ding and Bling. Perfect.

[quote name='redgopher']T minus 20 hours or so... wow.[/quote]

So how are you going to ask? I'm not trying to barge, just curious.

Gopher,

Don't listen to the naysayers. I've been married for over 8 years now and it's wonderful. If you think/feel she's the right person, then go for it.

Congratulations, man. Good fortune to you guys.

(ps: I'm with spoo, I want to know how you're going to propose!)

It's a trap!

Just kidding. Married for 12 years now. We have a 2 year old girl. Take your time with all the big decisions and you'll do fine. Best of luck.

[quote name='Grave_Addiction'][quote name='y2jrevolution'][quote name='JohnHam']If he loves this girl enough to consider it, maybe he's mature enough to consider getting her a box of tampons as a reasonable favor for the woman he loves?[/quote]
The tampon run to wal-mart sucks ass. I had to do one last week, and that's when I realized......WTF am I doing?[/quote]

I've told her countless times that it's the last time I'm doing it. Yet I still find myself braving the winter cold in the wee hours of the night to fetch them.

If I ever get an extreme case of hemorrhoids, I'm making that woman go to the store for me all the time.[/quote]

I will never (looks over shoulder), ever (checks again) go get tampons for my wife. :p

Been married over 5 years now, have not killed each other yet. It's all in what you make it.

Good luck to ya gopher! :beer:

so... did this happen then last night, or is it happening tonight? My suggestion (and it's only a suggestion) is to surprise her while she's in the shower... think of all the possibilities Norm!

Well, let me be the first to say congratulations to you man; you have one vagina for the rest of your life. Real smart man.

Just kidding. Marriage is great if you found the right person...

[quote name='Zenithian Legend']so... did this happen then last night, or is it happening tonight? My suggestion (and it's only a suggestion) is to surprise her while she's in the shower... think of all the possibilities Norm![/quote] :rofl:

If you bought the ring, you must be sure.

It is scary at first, but then you realize its an awesome feeling not many people get to experience.

Good Luck!

Hm...This is probably going to sound like I'm just echoing what everyone else is saying, but do what you feel is right. Somebody said "if there's even a shadow of a doubt" then don't do it. I'd concur. Make sure you're absolutely, positively, 100% sure about this. Just put yourself in a hypothetical situation where something disastrous happened...could you see yourself being able to get through it with her?

And then again, this is the biggest decision of your life. I personally think it was a mistake coming here. For starters, it's a message board, and you can't detect sarcasm. And some of the guys on here are saying they'll never get married! I'm not saying there's anything wrong with that, but those aren't the guys you want to be getting advice from in a situation like this.

If you want real advice from here, IM or email the guys you respect here most. Ask for their honest opinion. If you really, truly feel that she is the one and you couldn't be any happier than you are with here, then go for it. But as people said, this is a lifelong commitment, and your life will never be the same...so I'd think this over long, and hard. As much as you possibly can. And then rinse and repeat. Do the process all over again.

And if you are sure and you end up doing it, congratulations, man. Glad you found the one...

[quote name='redgopher']Edit: It's done, and we're engaged. Woot! Picture coming soon...[/quote]

Yay! (applause)!

...um, i'd actually give ya good handshack, but unfortunately the internet only allows the use of smilies and thing in()...Good job!

bread's done
Back