So.. um... holy crap. (redgopher is no longer on the market)

People asked how I proposed. I had this thing planned where I would drop my keys or something stupid, but when I got home from work she was looking for a certain pair of earrings to wear to dinner. I figured, hey, what the fuck? Let's just do it now. So I grabbed the box and gave it to her, and I said

Me: "Here's a box. Is this it?"
She: "Where did you find it?"
Me: "I dunno, it was in the office."
She: "Are these my earrings?"
Me: "I dunno, why don't you look?"

she opens the box, sees the ring, shuts it immediately

She: "It's a ring!!"
Me: "Yeah!"
She: "What kind of ring? Is it a normal ring or a special ring?"
Me: "Well what do you think?"
She: "A special one..."
Me: "Mm-hmm"

several kisses and a few tears later, we're engaged :)

[quote name='redgopher']several kisses and a few tears later, we're engaged :)[/quote]

you cried? sissy.

just kidding man. congrats. :)

[quote name='jalu6'][quote name='redgopher']several kisses and a few tears later, we're engaged :)[/quote]

you cried? sissy.

just kidding man. congrats. :)[/quote]

He didn't say they were his tears. :)

I can't believe you didn't stumble over words. I can't order a meal without saying something wrong. Congrats tho. :D

[quote name='Mr.Answer']Congrats, although instead of MmHmm as an answer it would have been funny to say 'its my precious"[/quote]

Asshole. I'm all soar from football with tight muscles yesterday and you made me laugh so hard it hurt.

919220_20040114_screen001.jpg

congratulations! that was real smooth of you too. hall of fame material heh.

wish you two the best of luck.

so we scored some wine from this place and hells yes we're drunk doing karaoke revolution and god dam i am sopizzed

PISSED!!!!@ PISS drunk and wow this kicks ass

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOo

Righteous. I hope you two crazy cats have fun.

Also, your proposal story reminded me of this. When my old GS manager proposed to his wife, Castlevania Chronicles had just released. His wife was a HUGE Castlevania fan. He got the game, removed the disc, and put the ring in the spindle. She opened it, and VOILA! insta-engagement.

So future Mrs.redgopher replies:
I wanted to thank all of you who gave redgophr encouragement it sure helped him relax. And all those who think a prenup is a good idea bless you, I wouldnt want him taking all my $$. Well i'm off to celebrate the engagement have a very good evening......we will :).

Ms. Redgopher

Congrats! Hopefully when you tell her parents they don't hang up on you like my future in-laws did. (We get along great - they were just really shocked because my wife is the youngest of their kids and the first to get married).

bread's done
Back