So what's the deal with RESIDENT EVIL 2 for gamecube?

minos1067

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
I must be living under a rock! Did CAPCOM reprint RE2 for the Cube because all of a sudden there is a huge availability at some retailers and on ebay? Should I buy now or should I wait for the price to even drop even further? This is the worst buying descision of a game buying sittuation that I've had for a while. :?:

RE4 buzz is down, and so are the prices for RE2 and RE3. If you're patient you could sit on ebay until you're able to snipe a 30$ copy of both games, i think i saw some for around 40 yesterday, but i really have no interest in buying the games considering i own them on dreamcast.

The best versions of RE 2 and 3 in existence are on Dreamcast, but you'd need the system of course... They have slightly enhanced graphics and new extras. The GC-remakes are supposedly exact ports of the lesser PSOne games.

Can anyone confirm that the Gamecube port of RE2 does not have the "movie viewer" that was found on the DC and PC versions? Shouldn't be a deal breaker, but for the prices they are asking...

yes, but should i feel not as fortunate to have the new ones that are out now because they might be reprinted or are these just some mysterious stock that was lost for a heck of a long time?

i still don't understand this phenomenon. i remember when the GC versions came out everyone cried $40 Ripoff and the reviews were super low. around this time is when i got both games for DC sealed for $10 each.

i guess this is just the collector in people showing its face.

[quote name='GuilewasNK']People just want all the RE games on one system I guess.[/quote]

Then when the new systems come out they will want them on those too perhaps.

I still use my SNES for older games. Would not the same rules apply here? Especially if the Playstation and Dreamcast originals were better and cheaper?

I tried playing Resident Evil when it first came out. I could NOT stand the controls in this game! They drove me nuts! I have never played the blasted game or any of its successors since.

Alot of hype, but I am not falling for it.

Chris

I can't understand why the controls would drive you nuts. Imperfect, yes. Impractical, yes. Sub-par, sure. But, by far not the worst controls in a game. You missed out on RE2(worth it for the story alone and the atmosphere) and Resident Evil 4(controls are fixed, but not perfect by no means). RE4 excels in graphics, sound, story, and even the camera and controls are MUCH better. Go buy it! NOW!

[quote name='jalu6']i still don't understand this phenomenon. i remember when the GC versions came out everyone cried $40 Ripoff and the reviews were super low. around this time is when i got both games for DC sealed for $10 each.

i guess this is just the collector in people showing its face.[/quote]

There is a certain added element of desperation on the GameCube to consider as well. When you have such a smaller pool of choices it's easier to get focused on the same ones and create heightened demand for an otherwise unremarkable product. Speaking of choices, I was looking at the 'Coming Soon' lists at EB yesterday and was somewhat surprised at how short the GameCube list was. I didn't think support was drying up that fast. The PS2 and Xbox lists are on the short side compared to a year ago but both still are offering much more choices for the future.

bread's done
Back