So which version/console did you buy GTA4 for?

Yeah this thread is just a trap to start a flame war. I bought the regular PS3 version, because my 360 is broken, I don't care which version is "better".

I don't mean to start a flame war at all, I just want to know which version people bought of GTA4. Thats really it, no one even needs to post anything at all just vote if thats the case. If it turns into a flame war I'll just close this thread myself.

xbox 360 regular...achievements, DLC and I like the 360 controller better are the reasons I chose the 360...preordered it at amazon...haven't played yet, as I have a self imposed no gaming rule into effect untill I finish filing my taxes. (had to file an extension untill I got a reply from the IRS and that happened last week and I have been too busy to finish it off)

[quote name='tiredfornow']I bought the superior PS3 regular version over the inferior Xbox 360 version.[/QUOTE]

I was worried about the same thing, so I had a friends bring over both version to test out which is better. The 360 is much better if you have a good HT set up with a 1080p television. The PS3 hooked up with HDMI would only display in 720p on my 1080p samsung LCD. My TV accepts 1080p over component, and that is how I have the 360 set up. When playing GTA on the 360 it ran in full 1920X1080p. The 360 version was much crisper, less blurry, and the text was better. All of my friends that were there agreed that the 360 was noticeably better looking on my setup.

Needless to say I bought the 360 version.

I'm going to get the PS3 regular version once I can get a deal on it. I have yet to spend more than $17 on a PS3 game and don't want to spend more than $30 for it (yeah I expect to have a wait)

360 regular version, more then 3 of my friends got it for the 360 which was more then enough for me, multiplayer is much better if you know the person you just blew up

I'm one of the few who isn't interested in this game. Though I'm kinda temtped just to buy the Special edition PS3 verison since I see it at my local Fred Meyer, along with the specal edition DMC4. Damn you special edition for making me want you for no reason at all.

I bought the PS3 SE at the midnight Best Buy launch.

The funny thing about it was there was only 1 SE for PS3 left in the store and I was up next in line when I overheard one of the guys directly behind me clamoring for the one in sight, so I had to buy it on principle.

The only thing that I kept thinking of at the time was the quote from the guy at Circuit City to Wombat regarding him buying the last copy of "The Justice League" DVD.

"I got the last one, Sucka!"

I couldn't stop laughing at the thought. Damn I'm a sick puppy.

I'm waiting for the PC version. Always enjoyed the PC versions of GTA more than the console counterparts. And they always come out 6 months to a year after the console released. But that is only if I don't buy a 360 before then...

Bought the PS3 version. The reviewers who said it looks better on the PS3 need their eyes checked...that's not AA, that's the image upscaling to 720p and it looks like blurry ass.

I'll buy the PC version on day 1 though. This game deserves proper treatment.

I almost bought the PS3 version based on reviews making me think the loading and pop in would be bad, but I went and bought it for my 360 instead, and I'm glad I did.

The graphics look perfectly fine to me, and I don't even notice any pop in problems. The achievements are fun to go after, the multiplayer is smooth, the controller works perfect for the game, and it never hurts to have that DLC down the road. :)

I bought the higher-resolution version that lets me use a superior controller to play against my friends....in other words, the 360 regular ed. :)

"Ice cold baby, that shit is TIGHT! Almost as tight as my ab-...heh I was gonna say 'as tight as my abs' but you know there aint nothin as tight as this shit!

[quote name='DarkNessBear']PS3, I didn't feel like competing with my friends with achievement points. I'd rather just play the game and enjoy it.[/quote]

i didnt know there was a mandatory achievement competition with the 360 version...is it in the cell phone or something?

360 regular edition for the DLC and because while I have a PS3, the vast majority of the friends I like to game with are 360 only gamers.

I don't understand why people buy SE's of any game. Pay $20-$40 extra for crap that costs about $.10 to create/produce. Not to mention the vast majority of SE's are heavily over-produced, thus killing the "limited edition" nature of such items and often end up heavily discounted just a few months after release.

I was going to buy the normal edition on PS3 since it is supposed to be more reliable than 360. I have gone through three Xbox 360's. I rent GTA IV for PS3 last week (I have free rentals for buying my PS3 at Blockbuster) and now my PS3 doesn't read Blu-ray disks. Just my luck. Now it is a toss up because online very few people have headsets on PSN and on Xbox Live the majority of people use their headset. Either way, I will be content on either console since the game is awesome. I will definitely buy the PC version if/when it comes out.

bread's done
Back