So who is getting gouged due to Ike... gas at $5.50 a gallon in Michigan...

Snake2715

CAGiversary!
Feedback
61 (100%)
This is ridiculous. My bro called from Alabama and said he had 6 stations out of gas this morning and to full up... something about the Texas supply temporarily being shut off.

What the ell!?

Last edited by a moderator:
The funny thing is I got more gas than I intended yesterday. I was only going to get $20, but I let it run to $50. Gas was $3.48/gallon at the time. Looks like that was a good thing because it's over $4.00 today and still rising.

[quote name='PR Mega X']Ouch -- last I saw in Albany, NY (yesterday) the station closest to me was $3.68[/QUOTE]

Yeah it was 3.68 on Monday... yesterday I filled up at 3.92 and now its between 5.50 to 4.48 here a gallon and lines around the block at most stations.

Last edited by a moderator:
My boss let me know its 5.45 two cities over and its supposed to be 4.59 by 5pm where I am. :(

Good thing I put gas yesterday.

We're usually higher than most of the nation. No public transportation=KY suprise.

[quote name='Snake2715']This is ridiculous. My bro called from Alabama and said he had 6 stations out of gas this morning and to full up... something about the Texas supply temporarily being shut off.

What the ell!?[/QUOTE]

Except that Lansing has CATA one of the nations top rated public transport bus lines. This is a complete BS. Just an excuse to gouge now.

[quote name='crystalklear64']Ouch. Gas is usually 4$ here. Haven't check lately but I'm jealous of you sub-4$ normal types.[/QUOTE]

I would say we have recently come down. It was around $4 or so until labor day then started dropping.

The big issue is that each county can mandate fuel mixtures, so what happens is there are all these blends being shipped to different states. I mean in excess of 50 blends or more. That is part of the price variation from area to area... if they streamlined that in itself we should see an increase in supply, or at least supply time and a decrease in price due to increased efficiency.

Not sure where you are seeing gas @ 5.50 michigangasprices . com or something is reporting like 4.15 as the highest.. But I wouldn't be surprised if we see it hit $5 soon with the refineries shutting down.

In NJ, it is prolly the cheapest for gas but i filled up my tank 2 days ago at 3.19 for regular. yesterday i noticed at the same gas station i filled up at it was a 3.49 for regular. it climed again this morning to 3.59.. crude stock last i saw was around 101. this is rediculous, the governemnt really needs to step and do something about this. my father used to own a few gas stations about 10 - 15 yrs ago and i remember regular being .79 cents for a gallon of regular. we have enough oil to supply ourselves that has yet to be dug up. only problem is drilling in alaska and other locals around the states. which in turn only makes the environmentalists go mad. lobbyists, are nothing but a headache. i feel the pain for those who are truly paying out the nose for gas. but you will not hear me ever complain about hte price until we hit the prices that our european friends are paying for a liter of gas. so to those who cry about how expense gas is, look and see how much it costs overseas. and to those getting gouged badly, i believe after the florida incident a yr ago, congress did pass legislation or maybe a state law. not 100% sure, but you should find out if there are any state regulations on gas price fixing. over and out

We're getting f'd over here in SC. People are going nuts, lines are massive (at least relatively to a week ago), and even though gas only shot up about thirty cents here a gallon, it's really annoying.

[quote name='Davideo']Not sure where you are seeing gas @ 5.50 michigangasprices . com or something is reporting like 4.15 as the highest.. But I wouldn't be surprised if we see it hit $5 soon with the refineries shutting down.[/QUOTE]

How often does that update? Grand ledge today 4 workers came back and had gotten gas at $5.4x a gallon.

My wife called from Sams Club (where she is a manager) and said literally a city block is lining up as they are still $4.00 per gallon and its causing traffic back ups... supposedly the drivers are reporting that Sams @ $4 is lower than anyone else around.

I have yet to take off and see the increase first hand.

*now a few workers said the radio station has said that state officials had a quick get together and the police are going to be involved in any unecessary price influxes since yesterdays price, and police are being sent out.... this is fun...

It appears there are some local complaints of shortages and gas prices ranging from $4-6 currently here in Birmingham. Thankfully my bike still should have at least 100~ miles left on the tank while my car will probably need a fill-up pretty soon, so hopefully I can hold out until prices settle down again.

I'm in the St. Louis MO area on the IL side and it is 3.99 at most places. It has been jumping from around 3.49 to 3.99 for the past few weeks.

Sorry for those being gouged. I *just* filled up at 5:30pm here for $3.79 thinking it was high since it was $3.48 earlier this week. I hate to say it, but it reminds me of 9/11 when gas shot up ridiculously high for a few days and then returned to normal. It would *seem* to me that if these refineries were shutting down for a few days the price wouldn't need to go up more than a dime or so to cover it in the long run, but then again I don't know how overhead works in the oil industry. Unfortunately the way it'll probably work out is that it will stay jacked up about 50 cents more a gallon permanently.

I was gonna bitch about the fact the station I usually hit was at 359 on weds....364 on thurs and today it went to 385.

3.88 for me in Michigan. Been that way for about a month. But cars are lined up like crazy at every gas station. The reason for this is southern Texas ran out of gas from all the evacuees simultaneously filling their tanks. Hopefully Granholm's 9.12.01 price gouging fines will keep it from going up, as I believe that law is still in effect.

[quote name='GuilewasNK']I tell you one thing, this is poised to be the biggest issue in the upcoming election IMO.[/quote]

Hurricane protection?

:shock: I am surprised to hear some of these. I know gas prices have been dropping..and I always seem to think NJ is pretty expensive..but lately it's been around $3.20ish here

[quote name='Snake2715']This is ridiculous. My bro called from Alabama and said he had 6 stations out of gas this morning and to full up... something about the Texas supply temporarily being shut off.

What the ell!?[/QUOTE]

Where at in Alabama???? Here in Montgomery, I know of at least 4 stations that are out of gas... at least three that are obviously gouging. Our so-called governor declared a state of emergency to prevent gouging.. but I think the penalty for doing so is only a $2000 fine.

I drove to work this morning and it was $3.69 at one Chevron station.. on the way home, it was well above $4. Funny how they pay one lump sum to fill up their ground tanks from the supplier.. but can raise prices on it at will. I'm sorry.. market speculation should not be left in the hand of gas station owners, especially of Alabama origin.

Another thing.. many people in this state drive on the weekends for the Auburn & Alabama games. I have a feeling it will be high statewide through tomorrow, and slightly drop Sunday. This state is fucking retarded....

$3.76 over here. I filled up today waiting for the inevitable price hike even if Ike doesn't do as much damage to the fuel situation as is predicted.

Went up 3 + times today...
Started out at 3.69..then 3.79...then 3.99...to 4.19, and someone said it went up again before they all closed.

In Tennessee btw.

Last night (Thur) I got gas in Alabama for 3.69, it was 5.25 today.

Middle TN here.. $3.49 at 4pm.. $3.99 at 8pm.. will probably be $4.xx in the morning.

Cripes.. anyone down for some XBox Live this weekend? :p

Yeah, I work at a gas station and my boss came in yesterday afternoon, telling me that when our gas supplier calls, she needed to talk to them. What usually happens is that they will call the day before our shipment and gives us the total amount we owe for said shipment. However, I guess they called a bit earlier than usual yesterday, to warn us that the shipment is going to be wayyyy more than expected. My boss needed to confer with them to see just how much we would raise prices the following day. I believe it ended up being something like 20 to 30 cents, so it went from $3.73 to over $4, when it usually rises/falls 5 to 10 cents.

Suffice to say, I told every customer I could to get gas tonight, rather than tomorrow.

I am in charlotte, NC and we are getting gouged. I actually need gas (tank is all the way on empty w/ the light on for the last 20 miles) but I refuse to get cheated so my car is sitting at empty in my driveway. I was going to get some on the way home last night but the lines were around 10 cars long and the price at the stations around me (East Charlotte) are around $4.60 for regular...

$3.41 the other day.

The whole thing is because the oil companies want $4 or $5 a gallon gas and it has been going down and could have reached $3. The hurricane is just a bullshit excuse.

In Georgia they seemed to have run out of gas near my family, but they live in a field 50 miles from anything so that's not a shock.

The fines need to be stiffer for gouging...why bother with a 2000.00 fine when they can profit a ton more over that and pay the fine?

I filled my tank Monday for $3.69 a gallon. I haven't noticed anything out of the ordinary so far in SoCal (still in the $3.69-$3.89 range), but that'll likely change soon.

[quote name='JJSP']I filled my tank Monday for $3.69 a gallon. I haven't noticed anything out of the ordinary so far in SoCal (still in the $3.69-$3.89 range), but that'll likely change soon.[/QUOTE]

Ditto -- just filled my tank, and it was only $3.69, so no major hikes yet.

Yep. When I drove to school yesterday it was $3.69 and on the way home it was $4.59. I don't know what it is now because there's no way I'm going out this weekend. I'm practically on empty as it is and I only have $80 in the bank until the 23rd.

Well, my town got hit with a TON of rain. (Northern Illinois) And I'm driving home, all of a sudden, I see a puddle. The guy in front of me flies through it. I tried the same. Well, turned out to be 2 feet of water. I guess it didn't look that deep because the guy ahead of me was going faster, so he sort of hydro-planed. Anyway, my car is stuck in the driveway drying out with the battery on charge. It sucks that I have to wait, but at least I don't have to buy gas.

[quote name='PR Mega X']Ouch -- last I saw in Albany, NY (yesterday) the station closest to me was $3.68[/QUOTE]

we were in albany today. it's still $3.68 most places. Down in Saugerties, it went up from $3.63 yesterday to $3.79 today. it looks like it's gonna be $4/gal tomorrow.

[quote name='Access_Denied']Well, my town got hit with a TON of rain. (Northern Illinois) And I'm driving home, all of a sudden, I see a puddle. The guy in front of me flies through it. I tried the same. Well, turned out to be 2 feet of water. I guess it didn't look that deep because the guy ahead of me was going faster, so he sort of hydro-planed. Anyway, my car is stuck in the driveway drying out with the battery on charge. It sucks that I have to wait, but at least I don't have to buy gas.[/quote]

Goddamn!!

The radio station I work for reported that the $6.00 a gallon shit, in Michigan, was a rumor.

[quote name='Brak']The radio station I work for reported that the $6.00 a gallon shit, in Michigan, was a rumor.[/quote]

^For now. Since gas has tripled in price in the last six years, does anybody want to guess where it could be in 2014?

[quote name='fatherofcaitlyn']^For now. Since gas has tripled in price in the last six years, does anybody want to guess where it could be in 2014?[/QUOTE]

where it is now cause there is no way gas will triple.

I said this early this year but will say it again. You will start to see cities shut down if you see gas at 5 to 6 bucks per gallon. A Lot of people will quit their jobs

How many people working for 7 bucks and hour will keep working if gas gets to 6 bucks per gallon

Say it takes 2 gallons of gas each way 24 bucks per day in gas

7 x 8 = 56 bucks and almost half of that will go in taxes = 26 to 30 per day profit

MEANING YOUR WORKING 8 HOURS FOR 2 to 6 bucks per day.

Sorry but it will never happen.

It just shows that the gas station are ripping people off...

OIL 150 gas = 4.25 OIL 100 bucks gas = 4.25

Gas here

Monday 3.60
Thursday 3.95
Saturday 4.15

Talk is monday or tuesday 4.35 and weeks end 4.65

The workers at the gas station said they are glad these prices are going up cause they are making a hell of a lol more then they ever did before cause their SUBPRICE ARE WAY DOWN

and now my RANT

the government dont give a Rats ass about the tax payers ... They are too buzzy giving FREE HOUSE, FREE HEATH CARE and FREE MONEY TO PEOPLE FROM BURMA

We got 4000 people here most with TB and the government gives them everything for free. BUT Then they have the GUTS TO #$#$#$# when their government check is late

HOW ABOUT GETTING OFF YOUR ASSES AND GETTING A JOB OR SENDING THESE SOBS BACK

End of rant

[quote name='slidecage']
Gas here

Monday 3.60
Thursday 3.95
Saturday 4.15
[/QUOTE]I agree on those gas prices slidecage. That's exactly what I'm seeing in the Ft. Wayne area at gas stations nearby where I live. It was a pretty big jump, and I wonder if it has jumped up more since yesterday (heading out to the Mall today).

bread's done
Back