So Who is Getting Rage Next Week?

I'm really enjoying it, there's a lot to do.

I just took the mind control darts to the chick in WellSpring and now I have to go break some guy out of prison.

How awesome did the hospital look? All that mutant goo and fleshy looking stuff, I thought it looked amazing and I'm glad they changed up the look of the environments instead of just having everything look like the desert.

[quote name='seanr1221']How do I equip the suit that came with the anarchy edition?[/QUOTE]
You'll get a choice of what suit to equip when you show up at Wellspring and do the first quest there.

[quote name='Ryuukishi']You'll get a choice of what suit to equip when you show up at Wellspring and do the first quest there.[/QUOTE]

Or if you're already past that section it'll automatically equip. Which f'n hate. I wanted to do a normal run through the game before using addons to make it easier but the kid wanted the stuff now. So we used Shipwreck's method to both get it and then I load up the save I had at the point you can choose which armor to get and there's 4 now instead of 3, then I load a much later save and I have the double barrel shotgun, rat rod and apparently the new armor already equipped. I didn't notice until later when I noticed I was getting 5% off at merchants, the new armor is all three of the other armors in one.

[quote name='VipFREAK']Pass[/QUOTE]

I'm assuming you took the time out of your life to click this thread link, click reply, and type the word "Pass" to let everyone know you were passing on the game.

[quote name='hollowfreak']Or if you're already past that section it'll automatically equip. Which f'n hate. I wanted to do a normal run through the game before using addons to make it easier but the kid wanted the stuff now. So we used Shipwreck's method to both get it and then I load up the save I had at the point you can choose which armor to get and there's 4 now instead of 3, then I load a much later save and I have the double barrel shotgun, rat rod and apparently the new armor already equipped. I didn't notice until later when I noticed I was getting 5% off at merchants, the new armor is all three of the other armors in one.[/QUOTE]

That's kind of lame, I was debating which armor to buy when I got to wellspring but when there's only 3 different ones and the 4th is the best and has all the perks of the other 3 then there's really no choice.

I've been having trouble getting the 2 achievements for killing 3 enemies with 1 mind controlled enemy and getting 5 kills with 1 sentry turret.

I have the advanced turret and figured mutants would be easiest to kill but the turret may kill like 1 or 2 then one out of a group manages to slip through and knock it over. I'm playing on Nightmare too so maybe that's why it's more difficult.

I have yet to run into a close enough group of enemies to mind control one and kill the other 3 and I just did the mission to steal the felrite thing from the gear heads for redstone.

Also the minigames are fucking hard, I don't see myself getting those achievements. Maybe the card game but 5 Finger Filet is hard, strum is hard, and I don't really know about that card game against the chick in subway city, haven't tried it yet.

Does anyone have an estimate on how long the campaign takes to beat? I'm considering just trying to knock it out really quickly while Amazon's trade in value is still $32. Too busy with Gears and other stuff to really give this game its due right now.

[quote name='Ryuukishi']Does anyone have an estimate on how long the campaign takes to beat? I'm considering just trying to knock it out really quickly while Amazon's trade in value is still $32. Too busy with Gears and other stuff to really give this game its due right now.[/QUOTE]

I've been playing I'd say casually trying to enjoy the experience while also going after everything(trying the minigames, doing the side missions, races, a little exploring, the job boards) and I'm over 12 hours now, might be 13 and I just got to the second disc.

2 questions.

- How do I know what's safe to sell? I don't want to dump something that could be used to create an item. Are items with $ on them things you should just sell?

- Besides job boards, will they alert you of side quests, or do you have to track some side quests down?

[quote name='seanr1221']2 questions.

- How do I know what's safe to sell? I don't want to dump something that could be used to create an item. Are items with $ on them things you should just sell?

- Besides job boards, will they alert you of side quests, or do you have to track some side quests down?[/QUOTE]

1. Pretty much sell everything that has a $ icon that you pick up, books, beer bottles, bullshit stuff, water purifiers, etc etc.

DO NOT SELL the Felrite you pick up. It is used for side quests/missions and if you pick up all that you see and don't sell any of it, by the time you can get those mission(s) you already have enough to complete the mission or you just need to find some more and that will be easy as soon as you pick up the mission.

2. You don't usually get alerted to jobs, talking to people is the way to find out about jobs that aren't on the job board or part of the main story. Try and talk to everyone and hit A multiple times because they don't always give it to you the first time you talk to them I don't believe.

I can't remember where or when, but at some point in the beginning someone tells you about Felrite and that you can sell it for cash but you should only trade it for something really useful.

Think it's some one at the Hagar settlement.

The first time I encountered a mission that required it, I needed 20, I had I think 13 or 17 then to get more, I left WellSpring and went driving, then a random meteor shower hit and it got me my remaining Felrite and some extra left over.

One thing I believe that has Felrite in the beginning is the Ghost camp, after you go under the little hole and jump over the desk in the beginning of entering the camp, turn right and there will be a door you need a lock grinder to get into, that's where I got my first Felrite.

Pumped another hour or so into it this morning and still having so much fun! Thanks hustletron for the selling tips, I'm going to have to look for the $$ icon. Figured not to sell the Feltrite though, something talked about that much is pretty much always gonna be used for something!

On another note though I'm a little disappointed with the boss battles. I really enjoyed
the one the first time you go to the Dead City
but I'm 8hrs into the game and that's pretty much been it :/

[quote name='Nealocus123']Pumped another hour or so into it this morning and still having so much fun! Thanks hustletron for the selling tips, I'm going to have to look for the $$ icon. Figured not to sell the Feltrite though, something talked about that much is pretty much always gonna be used for something!

On another note though I'm a little disappointed with the boss battles. I really enjoyed
the one the first time you go to the Dead City
but I'm 8hrs into the game and that's pretty much been it :/[/QUOTE]

Any time!

Regarding the boss battles, I would imagine you're not much further behind me
The giant mutant was pretty cool, but I'm playing on Nightmare and he was............pretty easy. Once you get the Rocket Launcher all the bosses after that are easy too. When you go back to Dead City it' still pretty easy, just hammer the mini bosses with Pop Shot and rockets and they drop.

I think the next most difficult one is once you get to Subway town, which is when you start the second disc. If you're not there yet you'll see once you go do the first or second mission for Redstone in the Subway.

PopShot is easily the most useful ammunition/weapon in the game for me right now cuz it kills literally everything and costs less to make than what rockets cost from the vendor and kills most everything in 1 shot unless they're armored and then it takes a few more.

[quote name='Nealocus123']Figured not to sell the Feltrite though, something talked about that much is pretty much always gonna be used for something![/QUOTE]
You know how they chose that name? It just felt right.

Ba-dum *tss*

Don't forget to sell ammo for weapons you don't use/own. Just finished
storming the Shrouded camp for the Wellspring officer
and made out like a thief in the night selling RC Bomb cars and excess AR ammo. Turns out I had like 999 rounds collecting dust in my inventory. God I wish you could sell weapons. I haven't used my SOS since I redeemed the code to get it.

Does anyone know where your access the sewer DLC? I heard there are certain manhole covers you can only open at certain points in the game. The only one I've found so far is in Wellsprings.

There's another on your way to
the ark, ark area sewers,
another in
outrigger territory, outriggers sewer,
and another in
scorcher territory, northern sewers.
That's all I've found so far.

I have to say I'm really liking the variations in the texturing, it's like no two spots are the same.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think I've only been to the one by the Ark/Ghost Territory and the one in Wellspring.

I'll have to go looking for those other 2.

Personally I like using the AR and I alternate between the Authority MG and AR depending on how much ammo I have between the two.

Playing on Nightmare plus the fact that lots of enemies are armored can make killing them difficult sometimes with standard ammo and I'll need to switch to the felrite rounds.

I'm still working towards the kill 100 enemies with engineering items achievement, I think I'm at like 50 or 60, but it's hard when the AI is smart enough to shoot the RC cars and driving the RC is very cumbersome.

Thanks guys. Yeah the RC bomb cars are pretty bad because of the AI, mediocre splash damage and the boost is too powerful to control outside of last ditch situations. Total waste of resources so far. You're much better off selling them for Sentry Bot ingredients. Now those things are absolute terrors on the battlefield. Beyond vicious. I've seen them do plenty of f*cked up shit on Normal to justify the cost. I always keep at least 4 - 5 on me when I don't feel like wasting ammo or need to make a quick exit. From what I've experience on co-op missions though Nightmare difficulty seems like a joke until you run into a choke point with high level mutants. ;\

Yeah the sentry bots are awesome I was doing the Wellspring sewers and unleashed one on the Ghost guys down there, it was climbing up and down the cat walks and raping everything.

[quote name='Ryuukishi']Does anyone have an estimate on how long the campaign takes to beat? I'm considering just trying to knock it out really quickly while Amazon's trade in value is still $32. Too busy with Gears and other stuff to really give this game its due right now.[/QUOTE]
I believe the rough estimates I've read place the campaign length at around 22 hours or so.

Dude... I just found out these things have melee capabilities while roaming in the Dead City. So glad I went the Engineer route with the suit. I can't wait to upgrade these little demons. They are running train on EVERYTHING here. So funny watching them chase down stragglers blasting them with a face full of turret fire then turn around and start clawing the shit out of what's lurking behind it.

Apparently I've missed a few cards along the way even though I have like 70% of them I think, does anyone know if you can go back and pick them up??

EDIT: I just read on the x360achievements.org site that if you missed the one in Dead City that requires a RC car(which I did) then you can't go back and get it, but I don't see why, I assume the game just doesn't let you back in?

Does anybody know if there's a better buggy than the Cuprino? I've been sitting a fat stack of race certificates (255) since I got it. I'm itching to get rid of them but not if there's a better ride on the second disc.

I'm on the second disc and they transfer your rides over to the new hide out, I'm not far into that disc so I don't know if you get anymore.

[quote name='hustletron']Apparently I've missed a few cards along the way even though I have like 70% of them I think, does anyone know if you can go back and pick them up??

EDIT: I just read on the x360achievements.org site that if you missed the one in Dead City that requires a RC car(which I did) then you can't go back and get it, but I don't see why, I assume the game just doesn't let you back in?[/QUOTE]

There's some places that lock you out after you visit. The well, the prison, and dead city after you visit the 2nd time are a few of them..

[quote name='n4styn4t3']There's some places that lock you out after you visit. The well, the prison, and dead city after you visit the 2nd time are a few of them..[/QUOTE]

Yeah I wish I had known that before I finished them and then left...........

Yeah, definitely not a fan of how the game locks you out at certain points. I'm a little upset to hear about the card in which you have to use the RC car because I missed it too. I actually really have fun with the card game though, so far I have a deck that can win over and over on normal, but I've yet to play it on hard.

There's a lot of cool glitches/exploits/random stuff on that xbox360achievements.org website in the forums for this game.

There's a few quirks you can use to make a lot of money fast and apparently Teague's deck isn't that hard to beat.

I'm gonna go ahead and echo the sentiments of many and say the last mission/ending is awful. Enjoyed the game mostly but I really don't see why it took 7 years to develop. It isn't very deep and there honestly isn't as much to it as I originally thought.

This game is getting better and better. Advanced Wingsticks, Advanced Sentry Bots, item and weapon schematics automatically upgrade preexisting inventory, hot chicks everywhere I turn, tons of mutants to kill and now Fallout tier glitches to exploit? If only had an actual story, character development, competitive shooter mp, lengthy campaign and exploration. It would be best game I've played this year since Dead Space 2.

I'm so looking forward to Rage 2. So many things they did right with this game it's worth overlooking a few flaws. A FEW mind you.

I can't even play Rage. I finish the 1st disc, it ask for the 2nd disc which I swap in. It loads then its says the game needs an update but it can't find a update. Any ideas?

It happens to me all of the time. I just boot up the game normally from the dashboard and load up the last save. No problems.

There was a time where I thought Borderlands had the worst story, character development and ending in my personal history of gaming. I was wrong. Rage wins. Flawless. F*cking. Victory. God damn... talk about the bare minimum. I hope Skyrim and Gears can hold my attention until next year because the end game seriously jeopardized my interest in a Nightmare run. The DLC had better be worth something because wasted potential is truly an understatement here.

Oh, and Advanced Wingsticks are pretty damn broken in this game. Zero point in money exploits when one weapon and a fat stack of them is enough to kill everything in this game. Give yourself a clear return path in an open area and you can squeeze a good 4 - 8 kills per stick before they break. I wasted way too much money on special ammo and EMP grenades throughout this game. It's only useful for heavies and even then there's a enough cover/space around to make due without them.

Yeah I don't understand why everyone's raving about the AI, the animations depending on where you hit them are cool, but I've been using the crossbow/wingsticks pretty much since I got it. I'm hoping a nightmare run will be a bit more challenging since a normal run isn't cutting it so far. I just finished the prison and Dead City, when the Authority occupies it, with pretty much all headshots with electric bolts with the occasional wingstick for anything that got close enough. Halfway through the prison I ran out of electric bolts and switched to normal ones and still didn't have a problem.

[quote name='Ink.So.Well.']There was a time where I thought Borderlands had the worst story, character development and ending in my personal history of gaming.[/QUOTE]
Saying Borderlands has bad character development is like saying Super Mario Bros. has bad character development. It's true, but kind of beside the point. Just MHO. :)

[quote name='n4styn4t3']I'm gonna go ahead and echo the sentiments of many and say the last mission/ending is awful. Enjoyed the game mostly but I really don't see why it took 7 years to develop. It isn't very deep and there honestly isn't as much to it as I originally thought.[/QUOTE]

While I didn't finish the game and honestly, I never will because it got boring and repetitive. I did not know about the seven year timespan for the making of the game, leaves me to just wonder why. Felt like another Borderlands, Fallout III hybrid. But to each their own, now bring on the flames because the game is "perfect" to so many people.

[quote name='Jabrim']While I didn't finish the game and honestly, I never will because it got boring and repetitive. I did not know about the seven year timespan for the making of the game, leaves me to just wonder why. Felt like another Borderlands, Fallout III hybrid. But to each their own, now bring on the flames because the game is "perfect" to so many people.[/QUOTE]

Who said the game was perfect? Pretty sure those of us that enjoy are are just that, people that enjoy the game.

I'd have to disagree and I don't see how it's boring and repetitive, if you want boring and repetitive play the first and in my opinion the second Assassin's Creed.

[quote name='hustletron']Who said the game was perfect? Pretty sure those of us that enjoy are are just that, people that enjoy the game.

I'd have to disagree and I don't see how it's boring and repetitive, if you want boring and repetitive play the first and in my opinion the second Assassin's Creed.[/QUOTE]

AC1 I agree with but AC2 was fucking awesome. You take that back dammit.

Yeah I haven't had any issues in regards to the game feeling repetitive. I mean if I'm tired of shooting I'll race, play cards, find materials for engineering. I know a lot of people (including id) deemed it a FPS / RPG hybrid, but I'm not looking at it that way. I'm looking at in as an old fashioned shooter with some new improvements.

As far as the story goes, I couldn't agree more on a missed opportunity. I mean it is pretty paper thin. Plus (even though I haven't got there yet) I've heard from like 10 people that the ending is just god awful. We'll see though. Gonna play some more today.

Someone asked about whether or not the Cupertino (sp?) was the last car you get. I've gotten pretty far in the game
and it is not the last car. However feel free to spend your racing certificates if you'd like since there are many more race opportunities in the new city

Not much of a spoiler but I put the tags on just in case.

I'm still so sad I won't get all the cards in the first play through. I randomly got the kill 5 enemies with 1 turret in Mutant Bash in the beginning, the advanced turret is surprisingly not a piece of shut.

Man, I just opened this up this weekend and am having a blast! Granted, I'm only about 2 hours in (if that) but so far it's exactly what I was hoping for based on what I gathered from all of the praise AND complaints.

To me, it's the most like Borderlands if I had to compare it to something (which I hate doing). I'm a single-player only guy that still managed to absolutely love Borderlands despite it being geared as a multi-player game, so I think that's why I might be digging Rage so much. Yeah, the way the missions are laid out may not make much sense, but I don't mind that when the gameplay is this good.

I have to disagree with the masses, I found it repetitive as well, only because you seem to help these people out to prove yourself, then get sent to help these people out and prove yourself, then get sent to help these people out and prove yourself some more, etc. but still enjoyed the hell out of it. I especially liked the card game / collecting cards, feel this should be extended on or used in another game, a game more the size of Oblivion / Fallout 3, because it could have more unique harder to find cards. Rage was too linear to fully execute that sort of extra mini game, but it was still fun.

I also disagree with the masses that the story sucked, I personally got more and more into the story of
helping the resistance and getting into eden prime and all that, and the whole ark survivors thing.
but the way it all ended.... so fast, after helping all those people and proving myself to so many people, and then just.... it just.... meh.

bread's done
Back