Socom 3 requires a credit card

[quote name='pimpinc333']Good for them, it weeds out all the shit talking younger crew.[/QUOTE]
I agree, Halo 2 would be 1000000000x better if they did this as well. Unfortunately Im sure most kids will just pony their parents cards up, so I only view this as a minor inconvience to some.

[quote name='Msia']I agree, Halo 2 would be 1000000000x better if they did this as well. [/QUOTE]

Uhh, a credit card IS required to play Halo 2, since, you know, XBox Live requires one.

:dunce:

The article only says it prevents them from joining/ creating clans or having a friends list. None of that is really required to play online if I recall from socom 2.

[quote name='pimpinc333']Good for them, it weeds out all the shit talking younger crew.[/QUOTE]

yea but unfortunately on halo 2 u usually would hear a bunch of 12-yr old brats as well. also, u have to have a debit or credit card to use xbox live. therefore, it may work or not

Thank You Sony!!
If more game developers add this into their online games, it will make the online gaming world a much nicer place.
fucken hate underage gamers who scream at you, One reason I don't play Xbox Live and only play on XBConnect.

[quote name='CapAmerica']One reason I don't play Xbox Live and only play on XBConnect.[/QUOTE]

Again, a credit card is required to play on XBox Live.

[quote name='Nirvanaguy777']The article only says it prevents them from joining/ creating clans or having a friends list. None of that is really required to play online if I recall from socom 2.[/QUOTE]
Theres two different rankings systems now as well just like in the military. I'm thinking maybe people who dont verify can only get as high in the enlisted branch rather than the officer branch. Also you can use a debit card to verify as well.

Sadly enough, you will realize the majority of pure problematic clildren stem from parents giving into their kids at any bitch/whine/complaint/plead

"MOMMY I NEED THE F"n CC NUMBER YOU HAVE TO PLAY SOCOM 3. WAAAA WHAAAAA WHAAA"

"oh hunny...heres my credit card for you.."

thats good news sort of, like what has been said you need one for xbox live and there are still young ones running around screaming on that

Honestly though, if you're old enough to purchase a M rated game shouldnt you have some kind of credit/debit card already?

I like that it will cut down on the number of little kids, but i dont trust sony with my personal info. And what if my wife wants to make a name? We share a card, same #, different name.

This isn't going to help at all. Kids are just are going to get their parents to set it up just like xbox live (as Scorch mentioned).

[quote name='TheRock88']I heard they charged something like a $1 to veryify your CC and then they pay the dollar back. Sounds good to me.[/QUOTE]

So it is free? They just dont want people creating fake account to take up space?

[quote name='GTmaster39']So it is free? They just dont want people creating fake account to take up space?[/QUOTE]

Yes, playing online will be free. They'll just "borrow" a dollar to make sure your card is alright and then they'll pay you back the dollar. That's a good idea IMO.

If you dont want to use a credit card, you can still play but you cant join a clan or have a friend's list.

go read the gamefaqs socom III Board, OH MY GOD, i am literally pissing myself laughing at all the whining going on.

People complaining they traded the game into gamestop and EB used ALREADY because they can't verify with a credit card/debit card.

I dont see what the big deal is. Wachovia offers free student checking and I know just about everyone in town here has an account with them. It costs about $25 to start one and they give you a debit card within 7-10 days which you can then use to verify for the game.

[quote name='Scorch']Again, a credit card is required to play on XBox Live.[/QUOTE]

it amazing how stupid people are, I can bet that these guys bashing XBL have never even used it.

[quote name='Msia']I dont see what the big deal is. Wachovia offers free student checking and I know just about everyone in town here has an account with them. It costs about $25 to start one and they give you a debit card within 7-10 days which you can then use to verify for the game.[/QUOTE]

25 dollars is expensive, think about it some pople bought the game to play online only and play ps2 online casue its free and requires no credit card.

[quote name='Mr Unoriginal']Thank Jebus! Maybe this will cut down on the number of 12 year olds calling me a fag.[/QUOTE]
fag

[quote name='help1']25 dollars is expensive, think about it some pople bought the game to play online only and play ps2 online casue its free and requires no credit card.[/QUOTE]
Like I said earlier, IF you can afford to purchase an M rated video game; THEN setting up a free checking account should not be an issue. There's no minimum balance required and I dont even remember what the minimum to start the account was but I'm sure it's like most banks around $20-$25.

[quote name='Scorch']Again, a credit card is required to play on XBox Live.[/QUOTE]

Wrong, you can pick up a 12 month subscription card to avoid this. Even if it's required at setup mommy and daddy just plug in the numbers and let junior bug the piss out of people.

[quote name='Msia']Honestly though, if you're old enough to purchase a M rated game shouldnt you have some kind of credit/debit card already?[/QUOTE]

Apparently not because of all the whining parents do about their kids playing GTA.

To verify this all:

You need a credit card ONLY to:

Play Ranked/Make Ranked games.
Create/Join Clan.
Add Friends to a list.

You do this to:

Verify who you are, and you are 18+ (though ofcourse some whiney brats will get one)

They take:
0$ At any time. Not even a dollar is needed from the card, no money at any time will be charged.

Without a credit card you can:

Play unranked games online.

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']as long as this dosn't affect the PSP version, I'm good. I can still play though, but I just don't like giving my damn Credit Card info.[/QUOTE]
get a paypal credit card, thats what i use for all these "need verification" services

[quote name='thingsfallnapart']go read the gamefaqs socom III Board, OH MY GOD, i am literally pissing myself laughing at all the whining going on.

People complaining they traded the game into gamestop and EB used ALREADY because they can't verify with a credit card/debit card.[/QUOTE]

LOL, I need a good laugh. I might check it out.

bread's done
Back