SOCOM 4 from ZIPPER -Out now! Now with 100% more PSN!

copied my own post from the "reaL socom" thread. haha.

vhave you decide where to socom?

so far, all versions will have SU90-S Shotgun dlc gun in case. all new games will hvae the pro feature. only gs has the exclusive dlc map.

amazon
$57.99 + no tax (except 3 states) + $10 gc + possible release date shipping

gamestop
$59.99 + tax + gs exclusive dlc + midnight launch

kmart
$59.99 + tax

special offer: buy $120 worth of games and get $15 game coupon + $45 game coupon
so you can buy socom 4 + portal 2 (or MK) + $20 psn /360 points card for $129.98 + tax + $15 game coupon + $45 game coupon
*note - game coupon expires in one month

bestbuy
$59.99 + tax + $ 10 gc

walmart
$59.99 + tax

sadly all the deals focused on the portal 2 hype. i suspect gamestop wouldn't be having most midnight launches without portal 2 or even mortal kombat releasing on the same night

Not happy to hear about the code for Socom 4. That's exactly how it started with EA games...and a few months later they started blocking out the multiplayer in their games if you didn't have the code.

[quote name='8bitArtist']socom 4 is a campfest. thats "not debatable"

you even said the cover system encourages camping

"-You will hear a lot of people saying that the cover system encourages camping, thats tactical shooter for you but don't be discouraged, this beta has only 2 maps and both maps have a lot of holes and there is noway all the holes can be covered.. camp if you want but unless you move your arse you will get grenaded/shot in the back or knifed.

That is because it is absolutely unequivocally true"

there is too much clutter around the maps.[/QUOTE]

The cover system encourages camping is what I was clearly agreeing with in that post. S4 is not a camp fest. The movement speed and openness of the maps reduces camping down to inexperienced players, and eventually they will learn. Look you know nothing bout this game or series, and that is clear from your posts.

[quote name='Saint Noir']You keep quoting that "One Lifers" post like it is meaningful. All I see is a bigoted remark in there WHICH YOU QUOTED YET AGAIN, so what that person has to say matters 0 in my book. Speak for yourself and don't try to enlighten others with drivel posted from others that has ridiculous remarks in it.[/QUOTE]

There is a reason it is one of the most popular posts on the Socom forums. I chose to quote it b/c I agree with what he said. Its up to others if they want to be enlightened on what Socom is, rather than folks in this thread who play a couple respawn rounds and then are like "Socom sucks". No dude, you didnt even play Socom. Socom is not respawn, air strikes, regenerating health. Its one life, tactical play, realistic bullet damage intense ass gameplay. What you consider "rediculous remarks" is what Socom fans consider the truth.

The lead MP designer of S4 is now gone from Zipper, and it has tons to do with the fact that this MP sucks compared to every other Socom installment, including Confrontation

We are SoCrack addicts. We play for when the odds are against us, we play for the communication, we play because one life, one round is SOCOM. Like I said before we play

Cover system is not Socom. Socom 4 is not what we wanted, but it is SOCOM. A fiend needs its drug.

[quote name='smiggity'] What you consider "rediculous remarks" is what Socom fans consider the truth. [/QUOTE]

You are incredibly dense. I'm talking about the fact that the post says Gaylo, if you can't read what I obviously stated. Anyone who throws that around as a "cool thing to say," in addition to anyone who reposts that as such, is a cretin. It could easily be edited slightly and maintain the point, but you chose to regurgitate what that he said.

[quote name='smiggity']Look you know nothing bout this game or series, and that is clear from your posts.[/QUOTE]

kinda like how you know nothing about any other game besides socom and you clearly show that in your other posts?

Coke is more addictive than crack by a mile and pong is more addictive than socom by the same. Never ever speak of socom as socrack cause it makes you sound like an idiot. Not only because many drugs are more addictive than crack but because socom is one of sony's worst exclusives. Even when socom 2 was out with online play, Goldeneye on the 64 was still better with only 2-4 players.

SoCrack = SoCom

It is word used often by Socomers.

Like I said, we play because we enjoy the game modes and the community. We'll shit on the game, but we still need our fix.

[quote name='j-cart']SoCrack = SoCom

It is word used often by Socomers.

Like I said, we play because we enjoy the game modes and the community. We'll shit on the game, but we still need our fix.[/QUOTE]

I'll agree.
Socom 2 was madly addictive for its time.

Seriously, it s a game that required so much communication and team work in EACH round. A lack of communication or miscommunication in today's games (that I as well play often Battlefield and COD) does not really jeopardize the game as there are still respawns and minutes remaining.

Return SUJO & BREACH. :D

Got the Armed To The Teeth trophy by Mission 11, definitely not hard to do but I found a couple of hidden spots that had two/three guns I was looking for without hunting for them, the elusive HS36, C9MM and EDJE sniper rifle were all pretty easy to find.

For those that are having issues or don't want to lug weapons around needlessly, you can get the C9MM during mission 3 and the EDJE and SASR during Mission 10 if you missed it in mission 7.
The HS36 and C9MM randomly spawn on the 3 white guys you kill in Mission 5. They end up carrying the C9MM, the HS36 or a mix of the two.

The C9MM is right next to the second piece of Intel on mission 3, it's a much better submachine gun than what 45 uses, more accurate/kills faster.

The EDJE is right at the beginning of mission 10, the guard left most when looking towards the objective, the one standing under the light. Just kill the guard and take his gun, it's the EDJE. I suggest swapping out the submachine gun in favor of the EDJE. The SASR if missed during mission 7(it's on a couch with several other guns nearby) is almost at the end of the mission in mission 10. It's standing up against wall.

[quote name='Saint Noir']You are incredibly dense. I'm talking about the fact that the post says Gaylo, if you can't read what I obviously stated. Anyone who throws that around as a "cool thing to say," in addition to anyone who reposts that as such, is a cretin. It could easily be edited slightly and maintain the point, but you chose to regurgitate what that he said.[/QUOTE]

Agaiin, I did not write that. I simply copy and pasted it. I dont care what words he used, the fact is he gets the point across. The fact you get so upset over the use of certain words is troubling. Lol a cretin? Really? Wow
:roll::roll: You've got problems bud, you should definitely not be worried about my opinion of a game.

[quote name='8bitArtist']kinda like how you know nothing about any other game besides socom and you clearly show that in your other posts?[/QUOTE]

Yep. The thing is I dont claim to know stuff about other games, unless I actually play them and can confirm they suck. I thought Brink ws a PSN game since it does not have a dedicated SP mode. Hell it should probably be $40 at least. It is great how you and Saint Noir love to hate me. Little old me who posts in maybe 3 threads on the entire CAG forums gets you guys who post in damn near every thread all upset. Grow up guys.

yeah see, brink actually does have a SP mode. its MP and SP are the same, minus real people. even in MP, if it isnt 8 on 8 human, itll be filled with AI bots to always keep it 8 on 8. so you thought a MP game only should only be $40? did you buy confrontation day 1 for $60? im willing to bet you did. if socom 4 had no SP, you would have gladly paid $60 for that as well. see, your logic only applies to games that dont have socom in their name.

i dont get upset, i just think its funny how crazy you get over socom and how much blind loyalty you have for the series all cuz "2 was like crack man!!!!". i love how you keep saying everyone needs to grow up as if youre the adult role model around here. then you tell saint not to worry about someone elses opinion about a game when you do the same thing when someone talks about socom.

[quote name='Mad39er']Got the Armed To The Teeth trophy by Mission 11, definitely not hard to do but I found a couple of hidden spots that had two/three guns I was looking for without hunting for them, the elusive HS36, C9MM and EDJE sniper rifle were all pretty easy to find.

[/QUOTE]

also, if you're having trouble with armed to the teeth, you need to finish the level with the gun. sometimes it doesnt record at the save points.

Respawn multiplayer is very fun, very quick paced and pretty damned awesome. I like it, it's more fun than Lost Planet 2's multi. Let the hardcore guys have their classic mode, I enjoy the sheer and utter chaos I can cause on Sacrifice by my self. The multi plays 200% better than the SP in respawn(aka "standard") without punishing too badly with 3 different options for spawning.

Wow, didn't realize that SOCOM 4 had two different threads till just now... but I guess that makes sense one for the game and one for the clan. (Actually, I guess their might be a third thread with confrontation floating around.)

Anyhow, anyone doing some MP this morning? (thinking a round of cooperative first... Need to wake up and not feeling so great.)

[quote name='INMATEofARKHAM']Wow, didn't realize that SOCOM 4 had two different threads till just now... but I guess that makes sense one for the game and one for the clan. (Actually, I guess their might be a third thread with confrontation floating around.)

Anyhow, anyone doing some MP this morning? (thinking a round of cooperative first... Need to wake up and not feeling so great.)[/QUOTE]
I'll be playing as soon as I finish getting myself up, probably in about 10-15 minutes.

I like having two threads, stuff not pertaining to the clan can just be shuffled in here without ruffling feathers.

[quote name='Mad39er']I'll be playing as soon as I finish getting myself up, probably in about 10-15 minutes.[/quote]

Cool. I'll send you a friend request. :)

[quote name='Mad39er']I like having two threads, stuff not pertaining to the clan can just be shuffled in here without ruffling feathers.[/QUOTE]
Its not a biggie. I've just used the clan thread for everything.

Mad, sorry about missing connections... I just got no desire to go through another match before I get a chance to team up with friends by hoping someone leaves the room on that team.

Played my first match, did horribly but the game was over by the time I joined as the insurgence looked to be pinned down into every spawn so I'm not sure what to make out of my 1 and 5 performance. (other than how I manage to get credit for a head shot kill in the 'feed' at the bottom of the page but no experience for it. (I was actually 2 and 5 by my count but oh well.)

So, yeah, my desire to play this game today has been fulfilled. So thank you Zipper for the lack of a party mode. See ya in June/July.

[quote name='jmbreci']Hmmm.....might actually play some MP now that I have a voice again.[/QUOTE]
Spend a night too many at the Blue Oyster Club? Guzzle guzzle.

[quote name='Mad39er']Spend a night too many at the Blue Oyster Club? Guzzle guzzle.[/QUOTE]

I wish....two weeks+ of bronchitis.

bread's done
Back