SOCOM 4 U.S. Navy Seals Full Deployment Edition $149.99

aTaRiFrEaK223

CAGiversary!
Feedback
26 (100%)
http://www.amazon.com/SOCOM-U-S-Sea...FF40/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1298659276&sr=8-1

Includes: Socom 4, Move Controller, Nav Controller, PS Eye, and Sharp Shooter Attachment.

This is MSRP, but:

Socom 4: $60
Move: $50
Eye: $40
Nav: $30
Sharp Shooter: $40

Total: $220

Amazon Current Price:
Socom 4 $57.99
Move $49.96
Eye $31.99
Nav $29.99
Sharp Shooter $39.99

Amazon Total: $209.92

So you do save $70 over retail for it all individually. And $60 if you bundle it all on Amazon.

Last edited by a moderator:
For all those saying that the dont really want the gun, try it! I got the move bundle and was thinkin about potentially returning it after playing some demos and the KZ beta/demo, but KZ3 release was w/in my return time, so i waited for release.

i played through the first 4 or 5 levels w/ reg DS3 first night of release. then the next day as a last try for the move i got the last sharpshooter available from my local BB.

It was a little frustrating to get setup at first, as you cant use the same settings as just the move, this setup is working for me right now: 0 , 0 , 10 , 50, hold (aim), toggle (crouch) [if you dont understand this, you will when you see the move setup area in KZ3, id imagine socom should have a similar setup, will check when beta is out]

after getting the settings right and calibrating, man, was that a difference! i restarted the campaign on a lesser difficulty to get used to the drastically different controls and its at least for me much more fun and immersive with the gun. the sharpshooter is different from all the other gun attachments in that it uses a digital connection to the move and remaps harder to reach buttons right to where your hands will be. the only times i have to move my hands off trigger area or nav are when i need to hit start/select.

after playing w/ sharpshooter for 1 night it completely sold me on keeping the entire move setup and not waiting until a later time when prices came down. if you dont already have most of these parts its a super good deal. im thinking about getting this pack for the extra move/nav and a spare sharpshooter for split screen when friends/fam come over

Forget getting this on amazon it's basically $130 @ BB. You get 500 bonus points ($10) for pre-ordering socom plus another $10 in rewards zone points for spending $150 on gaming accessories. There's also the regular rewards points on top of that.
Plus the 500 bonus points for fight night & hunted demons forge will be posting during that week so I could drop the out of pocket price to $120.

[quote name='Enuf']Forget getting this on amazon it's basically $130 @ BB. You get 500 bonus points ($10) for pre-ordering socom plus another $10 in rewards zone points for spending $150 on gaming accessories. There's also the regular rewards points on top of that.
Plus the 500 bonus points for fight night & hunted demons forge will be posting during that week so I could drop the out of pocket price to $120.[/QUOTE]

Well you have to pay tax at best buy so it's techincally $140 vs $150.... And if you have prime then free release date delivery, and you don't have to worry if your local best buy is getting a lot of copies in or not.

[quote name='aTaRiFrEaK223']Well you have to pay tax at best buy so it's techincally $140 vs $150.... And if you have prime then free release date delivery, and you don't have to worry if your local best buy is getting a lot of copies in or not.[/QUOTE]

I'm @ my friends house in tax free DE right now...if BB screws up the pre-order like they did wit MVC3 @ least I can goto my local BB who knows me at all the items individually and they'll adjust the price accordingly. I'm making a preemptive strike and posted this as a possible solution on the BB forums page that way if they screw up I can bring the printout in. Still though this is a better deal @ BB at least for now but the game is 2 months away.

[quote name='Enuf']I'm @ my friends house in tax free DE right now...if BB screws up the pre-order like they did wit MVC3 @ least I can goto my local BB who knows me at all the items individually and they'll adjust the price accordingly. I'm making a preemptive strike and posted this as a possible solution on the BB forums page that way if they screw up I can bring the printout in. Still though this is a better deal @ BB at least for now but the game is 2 months away.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, if you live in a tax free state then it is. Hate tax..... At least it's not 20% like the Brits get.

[quote name='aTaRiFrEaK223']Yeah, if you live in a tax free state then it is. Hate tax..... At least it's not 20% like the Brits get.[/QUOTE]

True dat, I live in Philly 8% here but it's only a 45 min. drive to DE and I have friends/family that I visit often so no big deal plus I drive for a living. Anytime I make a big purchase DE it is, I got 3 halo reach when BB was giving a $20 giftcard all in DE same with the COD MW2 bundles $150 each DE. CAG

Awesome bundle. I'll pick this up for sure. I have a move and eye already, but I'll just ebay the extra and I'll still be ahead money wise.

[quote name='Enuf']Forget getting this on amazon it's basically $130 @ BB. You get 500 bonus points ($10) for pre-ordering socom plus another $10 in rewards zone points for spending $150 on gaming accessories. There's also the regular rewards points on top of that.
Plus the 500 bonus points for fight night & hunted demons forge will be posting during that week so I could drop the out of pocket price to $120.[/QUOTE]

Purchases don't count towards Gamers Club bonus certs if you use a cert on the transaction. Still not a bad deal at BB, though.

[quote name='ryheeles']Purchases don't count towards Gamers Club bonus certs if you use a cert on the transaction. Still not a bad deal at BB, though.[/QUOTE]

only the portion that was paid for with a rewardzone certificate dont count (ie. if a game costs $59.99, and you use a $10 reward zone certifcate, you will only receive points for the $49.99 portion).

Man, this really looks sweet. I sold my Move bundle back before X-Mas, but with Killzone 3 out (LOVING IT) and SOCOM on the horizon, my interest in the Move is piqued again. For $150, this seems like a hella solid deal!

[quote name='jdb230']only the portion that was paid for with a rewardzone certificate dont count (ie. if a game costs $59.99, and you use a $10 reward zone certifcate, you will only receive points for the $49.99 portion).[/QUOTE]
I know you get standard points, but nothing's been applied to my Gamers Club when I've used certs. It would definitely be nice if they've fixed that, but I haven't had any luck with it so far.

[quote name='aTaRiFrEaK223']SO it's easy to use? Do all the buttons respond well? And can't you cock back the nav controller to reload?[/QUOTE]

Right away its not lets say DS3 easy (which only feels easy because we've been playing with analogs for years). But after awhile it clicks and feels very natural and immersive.

In fact when ever it starts feeling natural you will eventually like it, because the immersive Level adds another experience not replicated. By the analogs sticks.

Really man I have the sharpshooter move setup, and I'm even enjoying playing Resident Evil 5 which i didnt like with DS3, its harder with Sharpshooter but just enjoyed the immersion.

[quote name='Stationfan']Right away its not lets say DS3 easy (which only feels easy because we've been playing with analogs for years). But after awhile it clicks and feels very natural and immersive.

In fact when ever it starts feeling natural you will eventually like it, because the immersive Level adds another experience not replicated. By the analogs sticks.

Really man I have the sharpshooter move setup, and I'm even enjoying playing Resident Evil 5 which i didnt like with DS3, its harder with Sharpshooter but just enjoyed the immersion.[/QUOTE]

Sweet. Yeah, I have Time Crisis Razing Storm (want to try out move on this), and I've been using the Guncon 3 because I bought Time Crisis 4 when it came out. But I have RE5 on 360, but if the sharpshooter makes the play experience that much more fun I may buy RE5 Gold if I find it cheap enough for PS3.

I will probably end up ordering this. Not a bad deal. But then I'll also need a headset. I'll preorder for now and hopefully won't have to cancel since I'm not sure I'll be able to afford $200.

Also has anyone heard a specific date for the beta going live?

[quote name='Soma_Cruz']I will probably end up ordering this. Not a bad deal. But then I'll also need a headset. I'll preorder for now and hopefully won't have to cancel since I'm not sure I'll be able to afford $200.

Also has anyone heard a specific date for the beta going live?[/QUOTE]
You can use the Eye as a microphone, send the voice through your TV and cancel out the echo with the calibration on the Eye in the audio settings.

Hmm. I was on the fence on this, but if it basically earns me $20 in Best Buy fun bucks, I might bite.

Basically works out to $130. Move and Nav controller alone would be $80, so it's basically $10 off Socom, plus a free gun and PS Eye. Tempting considering I don't have tax.

Edit: Is there any kind of link indicating this will get the 500 bonus points?

[quote name='MrBeatdown']

Edit: Is there any kind of link indicating this will get the 500 bonus points?[/QUOTE]

there's no link available yet I found out by checking the game kiosk in BB I got most of the upcoming games that come with 500 bonus points written down. The release dates may change but the offer are still good.

Just picked up the sharpshooter today. I really dont think i would use it for MP, but it made the SP killzone incredibly immersive. Not only that, but it made other move light gun games much, much better...

[quote name='Enuf']there's no link available yet I found out by checking the game kiosk in BB I got most of the upcoming games that come with 500 bonus points written down. The release dates may change but the offer are still good.[/QUOTE]

Ah, cool. Thanks!

[quote name='jaredstorm']I just preordered this! Make sure you get release date delivery! It's $.99 for non-prime members right now.[/QUOTE]

Hasn't it been 99 cents if you don't have prime for awhile?

[quote name='aTaRiFrEaK223']Hasn't it been 99 cents if you don't have prime for awhile?[/QUOTE]

Oh. Probably, it just excited me! :)

If toysRus or target offers a $10 or $15 giftcard on socom 4 that makes this deal unbeatable with a BB price match, I'd have to buy more than 1.

[quote name='Enuf']If toysRus or target offers a $10 or $15 giftcard on socom 4 that makes this deal unbeatable with a BB price match, I'd have to buy more than 1.[/QUOTE]

How so? It most likely would not apply to this bundle.

[quote name='bojay1997']How so? It most likely would not apply to this bundle.[/QUOTE]

Usually the ads don't specify it'll just say purchase __ game & get a ___GC. I think Sony will have all the retailers that carry these bundles push hard on advertising them. They need the Move sales and this is the best way to get them.

I just got Move about a month ago and now I really wish I had waited on this awesome deal. Either way, anyone who is interested in either Socom 4 or Move and does not already have it should already have this ordered. You're not going to find a better deal on Move.

[quote name='kingotnw']I just got Move about a month ago and now I really wish I had waited on this awesome deal. Either way, anyone who is interested in either Socom 4 or Move and does not already have it should already have this ordered. You're not going to find a better deal on Move.[/QUOTE]

How many move/nav controllers do u have? If your invested in move there will be games requiring 2 move controllers for 1 person or 4 for 2 people this is the best way to get extras plus you can sell the extra camera or in the event your original breaks your covered.

I am sure this is out there somewhere, but I could not find it. And while its easily calculated. I wanted to present the math.

The SOCOM 4: Full Deployment Edition is actually a savings of around $55.

SOCOM 4: Full Deployment Edition is 149.99
SOCOM 4: (included) + 57.99
PlayStation Move Starter Bundle: (included) + 93.99
Sports Champions: (Not included) - 16.88
PlayStation Move Sharp Shooter: (included) + 39.54
PlayStation Move Navigation Controller: (included) + 29.54

Theoretical Total 204.18
Actual Total 149.99

Savings $54.19

Although this will definitely be on sale shortly, just like the Killzone 3: Helghast Edition, but its already a decent deal if you need the MOVE. It's all a matter of your ability to wait.

I say wait, but at least this math makes pre-ordering it a arguably easier decision.

**All math is accurate based on the Amazon prices reflected in the US on 4/1/11**

[quote name='shadowknight203']too bad as of last i played of the beta, socom 4 completely sucks.[/QUOTE]
Not a problem- i bought the bundle for Confrontation at Gamestop when it came out. Before I walked away, i tore the game out of the box and traded it in on the stop.

I'm sure a cool enough clerk would let you trade it in towards the initial purchase.

[quote name='shadowknight203']too bad as of last i played of the beta, socom 4 completely sucks.[/QUOTE]
Na man I think you need to play it again. Its a really good gfame if you like FPS

[quote name='Moonlk']Its sad that this website is more ass than gamer. Sick of it around here.[/QUOTE]

Feel free to hit the road. There wasn't much point to this thread. Find it under MSRP? Then there is something to talk about. A bundle should always be cheaper than buying individual components. Otherwise, what is the point?

[quote name='ivos']Playstation Navigation controller is NOT included in the bundle !!![/QUOTE]

uhhhh, yes it is:

5473979969_cf54ca335a_b.jpg

[quote name='Purkeynator']Feel free to hit the road. There wasn't much point to this thread. Find it under MSRP? Then there is something to talk about. A bundle should always be cheaper than buying individual components. Otherwise, what is the point?[/QUOTE]

No no, you feel free to hit the road. Cause I'm definitely not putting up with it around here. Unless in the rules it states that I have to put up with trolling assholes. Oh wait, I don't.

Thanks op. some of us wouldnt have seen this.

[quote name='Purkeynator']Feel free to hit the road. There wasn't much point to this thread. Find it under MSRP? Then there is something to talk about. A bundle should always be cheaper than buying individual components. Otherwise, what is the point?[/QUOTE]

People wonder why CAG has a reputation for being jerks....

[quote name='nbballard']Not a problem- i bought the bundle for Confrontation at Gamestop when it came out. Before I walked away, i tore the game out of the box and traded it in on the stop.

I'm sure a cool enough clerk would let you trade it in towards the initial purchase.[/QUOTE]

Are you saying you were able to buy this bundle already? I thought it was supposed to come out on April 19.

[quote name='ivos']Playstation Navigation controller is NOT included in the bundle !!![/QUOTE]

"Includes: SOCOM 4 U.S. Navy SEALs Bluray disc, PlayStation Move motion controller, PlayStation Move navigation controller, PlayStation Eye camera, PlayStation Move sharp shooter"

[quote name='dealighted']Na man I think you need to play it again. Its a really good gfame if you like FPS[/QUOTE]

socom is not FPS. its TPS. I like FPS but hardly like TPS (saboteur was good)

[quote name='the_ENEMY_']socom is not FPS. its TPS. I like FPS but hardly like TPS (saboteur was good)[/QUOTE]
Yeah Socom has never been an FPS and I also must say the beta leaves a lot to be desired, was a day one purchase for me now a rental and hope for the best. Socom used to be so much fun but I think time has passed it by.

bread's done
Back