SOCOM 4 U.S. Navy Seals Full Deployment Edition $149.99

aTaRiFrEaK223

CAGiversary!
Feedback
26 (100%)
http://www.amazon.com/SOCOM-U-S-Sea...FF40/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1298659276&sr=8-1

Includes: Socom 4, Move Controller, Nav Controller, PS Eye, and Sharp Shooter Attachment.

This is MSRP, but:

Socom 4: $60
Move: $50
Eye: $40
Nav: $30
Sharp Shooter: $40

Total: $220

Amazon Current Price:
Socom 4 $57.99
Move $49.96
Eye $31.99
Nav $29.99
Sharp Shooter $39.99

Amazon Total: $209.92

So you do save $70 over retail for it all individually. And $60 if you bundle it all on Amazon.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Moonlk']Its sad that this website is more ass than gamer. Sick of it around here.[/QUOTE]

Does this mean you'll leave and never come back? Please say yes.

[quote name='Moonlk']No no, you feel free to hit the road. Cause I'm definitely not putting up with it around here. Unless in the rules it states that I have to put up with trolling assholes. Oh wait, I don't.

Thanks op. some of us wouldnt have seen this.[/QUOTE]
Ignorance of this collector's edition, or any deal, existing isn't an excuse to repost them. If you want to spread word in a way that complies with the deal posting rules and doesn't clutter up the forum, bump up the original thread so that others may see it.

[quote name='Moonlk']Its sad that this website is more ass than gamer. Sick of it around here.[/QUOTE]

Alot of times youre better off just reading the 1st post for the deal, and ignoring the often worthless comments that follow.

[quote name='convergecrew']Alot of times youre better off just reading the 1st post for the deal, and ignoring the often worthless comments that follow.[/QUOTE]

like yours

and mine! :D

[quote name='drhodes4']I am sure this is out there somewhere, but I could not find it. And while its easily calculated. I wanted to present the math.

The SOCOM 4: Full Deployment Edition is actually a savings of around $55.

SOCOM 4: Full Deployment Edition is 149.99
SOCOM 4: (included) + 57.99
PlayStation Move Starter Bundle: (included) + 93.99
Sports Champions: (Not included) - 16.88
PlayStation Move Sharp Shooter: (included) + 39.54
PlayStation Move Navigation Controller: (included) + 29.54

Theoretical Total 204.18
Actual Total 149.99

Savings $54.19

Although this will definitely be on sale shortly, just like the Killzone 3: Helghast Edition, but its already a decent deal if you need the MOVE. It's all a matter of your ability to wait.

I say wait, but at least this math makes pre-ordering it a arguably easier decision.

**All math is accurate based on the Amazon prices reflected in the US on 4/1/11**[/QUOTE]
Here are the prices based on past deals + Amazon credit
SOCOM 4 = $48 after credit
PS Move Starter Bundle = $80 on an ebay deal
Sharpshooter = 39.54
PS Nav Controller ~ $20 on a previous HSN.com deal

Savings of around $27.54
I'll wait for a fat price drop like the one on KZ3 HE
$80 for this and I'll bite.

[quote name='scarhawk']Here are the prices based on past deals + Amazon credit
SOCOM 4 = $48 after credit
PS Move Starter Bundle = $80 on an ebay deal
Sharpshooter = 39.54
PS Nav Controller ~ $20 on a previous HSN.com deal

Savings of around $27.54
I'll wait for a fat price drop like the one on KZ3 HE
$80 for this and I'll bite.[/QUOTE]

Idk if it's just me but I have a hard time seeing a big price drop on this due to it being more of a bundle than a CE like Killzone 3 heighast edition was. Maybe after months and months.

[quote name='AJVtony831']Idk if it's just me but I have a hard time seeing a big price drop on this due to it being more of a bundle than a CE like Killzone 3 heighast edition was. Maybe after months and months.[/QUOTE]

I agree. It won't be a huge drop because it's already a $50+ savings off MSRP.

I also think it's retarded to tabulate the savings based on old deals that are impossible to get now. Like, what's even the point of that? Oh wow you mean you could have gotten some of the items cheaper 5 months ago? Cool story bro, I'll just use this handy dandy fucking time machine I got here to take advantage of that. Retards.

If you pre-order/purchase from BB you'll get another $20 in RZ. $10 pre-order bonus and $10 for spending $150 on gaming. To me it's basically $130.

Don't see this dropping in price for a while b/c the only thing that will "drop" in price will be Socom 4. Everything else in the bundle are accessories which generally hold their prices. Plus anyone who hasn't got move will probably jump on this b/c of the overall savings even if it means just selling socom 4 and/or the sharpshooter.

[quote name='Enuf']If you pre-order/purchase from BB you'll get another $20 in RZ. $10 pre-order bonus and $10 for spending $150 on gaming. To me it's basically $130.

Don't see this dropping in price for a while b/c the only thing that will "drop" in price will be Socom 4. Everything else in the bundle are accessories which generally hold their prices. Plus anyone who hasn't got move will probably jump on this b/c of the overall savings even if it means just selling socom 4 and/or the sharpshooter.[/QUOTE]

I agree that it will be hard for it to drop since it's all accessories and not a helmet or a figure like a collector's edition. That's a nice deal at BB but unfortunately I'm in cali and have to deal with about $15 in tax alone.

You can pretty much count on a resistance 3 bundle like this as well, not sure why they didn't do a KZ3 bundle considering the Kevin butler commercial introduced the sharpshooter w/KZ3. Also, won't be surprised when there's a COD move patch of some sort.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='greggysasaki']Are you saying you were able to buy this bundle already? I thought it was supposed to come out on April 19.[/QUOTE]
Sorry - didn't see this until now. No. I was talking about the bundle that they had for the last game with the official blutooth headset.

Sony is smart to do this. If they want to make Move move, they're going to keep tying it to FPS's on the platform. This is a use for the system that people will really "get." Like they got the idea that they could use Kinect like they were in Minority Report.

Move came out and there just wasn't anything that looked better than what could have been done on Kinect. This, though, gives a great impression. If they can keep creating ways to show how holding something is better than waggle or waving your hands around in thin air, they might get people on board.

This is a great deal for someone who doesn't already own Move. Like others, I wish they had offered this with Killzone 3 because that would have been mighty tempting.

After playing the Beta i would say this is still a good deal, but great if you decide to sell socom 4 for say $50 same day unopened because it is one of the worst games i've played in a long time. Was excited to see Socom get back to high quality TPS but clearly Sony put all of it's efforts into killzone and resistance while leaving this series in the dust.

[quote name='oldboy26']Was excited to see Socom get back to high quality TPS but clearly Sony put all of it's efforts into killzone and resistance while leaving this series in the dust.[/QUOTE]

Resistance franchise is developed by SCEE and not SCEA like killzone was.

Though i distinctively agree with you...they dropped the ball a bit on the beta, though it could just be "beta-phased", we'll see.

Side note* I really enjoyed that movie.

[quote name='oldboy26']After playing the Beta i would say this is still a good deal, but great if you decide to sell socom 4 for say $50 same day unopened because it is one of the worst games i've played in a long time. Was excited to see Socom get back to high quality TPS but clearly Sony put all of it's efforts into killzone and resistance while leaving this series in the dust.[/QUOTE]

That's what I'm thinking of doing. Just selling Socom 4 all while keeping the accessories. I already have Killzone 3 that I got from AWD for 31.99 and haven't played it much so playing it with the sharpshooter would be nice since I heard that it's a great experience. I also have Heavy Rain and LBP 2 so I have some games to play with the move.

[quote name='AJVtony831']That's what I'm thinking of doing. Just selling Socom 4 all while keeping the accessories. I already have Killzone 3 that I got from AWD for 31.99 and haven't played it much so playing it with the sharpshooter would be nice since I heard that it's a great experience. I also have Heavy Rain and LBP 2 so I have some games to play with the move.[/QUOTE]

Great idea, if I get $50 for Socom 4 that'll be $100- $20 in RZ certs. Then I can rebuy the game when it's on sale.

[quote name='jaredstorm']I just preordered this! Make sure you get release date delivery! It's $.99 for non-prime members right now.[/QUOTE]

Wow, didn't see that!! Thanks for the tip!

Any chance of pulling the copy of Socom 4 from the box and using for trade on the bundle at gamestop? I really don't want the game =\

[quote name='ssjmichael']I agree. It won't be a huge drop because it's already a $50+ savings off MSRP.

I also think it's retarded to tabulate the savings based on old deals that are impossible to get now. Like, what's even the point of that? Oh wow you mean you could have gotten some of the items cheaper 5 months ago? Cool story bro, I'll just use this handy dandy fucking time machine I got here to take advantage of that. Retards.[/QUOTE]
Woah. Relax bro :lol: I was just noting the prices on past deals to show that this isn't a spectacular deal at MSRP. There's no need for the rage :bouncy:

I'm perplexed as to why this doesn't include a mic when it is ESSENTIAL to SOCOM...

I already have a mic, but i suspect many people who are unfamiliar with the series, or newcomers who will be buying this as their first experience will not.

During the beta, I played a gamemode where 7(out of a team max of 8) other teammates did not have a mic...

[quote name='scarhawk']Woah. Relax bro :lol: I was just noting the prices on past deals to show that this isn't a spectacular deal at MSRP. There's no need for the rage :bouncy:[/QUOTE]

I'm sorry you can't grasp how retarded your logic is, I really am.

[quote name='Newl']I'm perplexed as to why this doesn't include a mic when it is ESSENTIAL to SOCOM...

I already have a mic, but i suspect many people who are unfamiliar with the series, or newcomers who will be buying this as their first experience will not.

During the beta, I played a gamemode where 7(out of a team max of 8) other teammates did not have a mic...[/QUOTE]
While that is a valid point, I think the addition of the mic takes away from the obvious Move promotion. Clearly Sony wants as many Moves out there as possible, and adding a mic detracts from that, on a marketing level.
Yes, a mic is needed. But you can get one separately for a decent price. The bundle would be a little too expensive at that point as well.

[quote name='Newl']I'm perplexed as to why this doesn't include a mic when it is ESSENTIAL to SOCOM...

During the beta, I played a gamemode where 7(out of a team max of 8) other teammates did not have a mic...[/QUOTE]

[quote name='quest1962']While that is a valid point, I think the addition of the mic takes away from the obvious Move promotion. Clearly Sony wants as many Moves out there as possible, and adding a mic detracts from that, on a marketing level.
Yes, a mic is needed. But you can get one separately for a decent price. The bundle would be a little too expensive at that point as well.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='anotherpoorgamer']^Doesn't the camera / ps eye have a mic built in? I might wait for this bundle to drop or go on sale.[/QUOTE]
The camera has a mic built in with an echo canceling feature that you can configure so you don't have your TV echoing, some guy was demonstrating it on youtube and he does it twice to get most of the echo out.

bread's done
Back