[Solved]Terrible BestBuy Customer Service Experience

AvidWriter

CAGiversary!
Feedback
19 (100%)
HI placed an order on 11-24. 3 days passed and with the item not shipping I had to cacel to try and get the item to me sooner. When I called to cancel, she attempted to cancel but only managed to cancel the free promo item that came with the Nook in the order. The item in question, the main item of the order, the only item I was paying for could not be canceled as it had just shipped about 5 mins earlier while I was on the phone with her. However her attempting to cancel the order canceled my promo item the a free 2GB microSD card. I asked her then since the Nook is shipping if she could un-cancel the free promo item as the order was now being completed. She said she could not as would have to transfer me to sales. During the transfer the call was dropped. I could not call back as it was early in the morning and I had already been on hold close to 30 mins before. I was unable to attempt to call back until today. When I did I spent over an hour on hold and redialing as I was numerously disconnected. Finally I got someone who said they would help me. However she could not, stating the promo was over and she couldn’t un-cancel the item. This to me is unacceptable. The order was placed when the promo was on, and it is not fault that the timing was bad and the order was shipping when the cancel attempt was going through. Now I am left with half an order and out on a very nice promo item which was the whole point of why I placed the order in the first place. This has been a very fustrating expereince and I fear this will be the last time I will be shopping Bestbuy.

If that sounded a little dijointed it probably is/was. I wrote it while still fumming from that call. I also email this mostly the same but with more info to a few BB people. It's not so much the 2gb SD card, it's the fact that this should not have happened.

I also call BS on the item shipping right as I'm trying to cancel it, that's just too much of odd timing.

Sorry for the rant, I just had to post it somewhere. Thanks.

[SOLVED] : After a few emails back and forth through their twitter (I was told to email there after I @BB them with my problem). I was able to go pick up the canceled item at the store, which was another mess cause no one seems to know WTF to do. I almost left empty handed and with another furious set of emails and etc to throw around but the manager who called me caught me as I was walking out. I was told he was "in a meeting". Problem solved, rage subsided.

Last edited by a moderator:
Post your complaint on their forums asking for help maybe? It's annoying that you have to threaten and make companies look bad sometimes before getting some decent CS. You should at the very least have gotten a gift card.

Seems like the promo item should have shipped with the main item, so you might get it after all, if not, just return the main item for a refund, problem solved.

[quote name='nabuch']Seems like the promo item should have shipped with the main item, so you might get it after all, if not, just return the main item for a refund, problem solved.[/QUOTE]

Well yea but since its coming to my house anyway. I figured I'd try to just get the order as I originally intended. We'll see how it goes, once it gets here I'll see where it's at and what I'm gonna do with it.

I tell you though, I've had to call customer service before, this was by far the worst experience I ever had. I was never on hold or been disconnected so many times before. Frustration to the maximum.

Being disconnected that many times might be a problem on your end...

I'm the last one to defend big business but I spend hours every week with this type of thing and the only company I've ever had problems with connection problems is eBay

[quote name='kodave']Bitch on their online forums. Its your best chance of getting a competent customer service response.[/QUOTE]

I just posted basically what I posted here, it's been 3 hours. Nothing. Looking at their forums, it's like a flood of complaints. I'm peeing in a sea of piss.

[quote name='AvidWriter']I just posted basically what I posted here, it's been 3 hours. Nothing. Looking at their forums, it's like a flood of complaints. I'm peeing in a sea of piss.[/QUOTE]

Also, and please don't take this the wrong way, but I think Amazon has spoiled a lot of consumers.

You placed the order on 11/24 and were upset that it hadn't shipped three days later?

I guess we've come a long way from placing an online/phone order and having to wait a whole week (or God forbid two) for it to arrive.

[quote name='GBAstar']Also, and please don't take this the wrong way, but I think Amazon has spoiled a lot of consumers.

You placed the order on 11/24 and were upset that it hadn't shipped three days later?

I guess we've come a long way from placing an online/phone order and having to wait a whole week (or God forbid two) for it to arrive.[/QUOTE]

This.

...and, you ordered on Thanksgiving (thursday), called three days later (sunday?), and were expecting what? You have to think about how busy retailers are during this time period. Nevermind the fact that most shipments take a day or two for pickup and pickups occuring on sat/sun are rare at best. Notifications for pickup, maybe; but not actual pickups. Methinks you jumped the gun a little bit on this. Just return the item if it's not to your satisfaction. In the future, if you can't wait a few extra days around black friday for shipping, then maybe buying items during that time is not for you.

FWIW, I hate BB with a passion, but I have a hard time finding fault with them based on your story. Pretty much everyone's customer service sucks; particularly over the phone. What I really don't understand is why would you cancel an order placed three days beforehand so you could reorder to get it sooner. I'm not sure how that works.

I don't mean to come off as an arse or anything. I'm just not sure how this, logically, was playing out in your head. :)

If you just had some patience, this wouldn't have happened.

Here's a shovel,

Shovel-pic.jpg

It's not so much about the 3 day wait. It was never about the three day way. Just that they told me when I ordered 0-1 days to ship. Why not just say "longer then expected, might take more then 1 day".

Also it's not about the shipping, its far beyond that. I was canceling on that night t get it from BN.com for a better deal or I'd not have cared. I didn't really care it didn't ship I was just kinda pissed that it didn't ship when they said it would, never told me to expect delays (BN.com did today when it was over the day it said it'd ship) and I'm more pissed about how everything was handled *after* I tried to cancel.

It's about how I can't get the order back to the way it was and how everyone on their end talked to me like I was jerking them around.

I am not that impatient.

Of course you're going to be pissing in a sea of piss. Honestly I don't know what the hell you're expecting considering the specific week of the year you're trying to complain about.

You've posted your rage story, just bump it every day or so. I mean seriously, you just complained that in THREE HOURS someone from Best Buy didn't handle your problem on their forums. Their forums are a last ditch option if you can't get CS over email or the phone to handle your problem. Someone will get to your issue if you have patience and persistence. Three hours is neither of those.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='AvidWriter']It's not so much about the 3 day wait. It was never about the three day way. Just that they told me when I ordered 0-1 days to ship. Why not just say "longer then expected, might take more then 1 day".[/QUOTE]

This is a good point. It really doesn't matter whether or not you guys think he is impatient, or doesn't deserve the extra item, or he got a good deal anyway, or whatever - the fact is that he entered a business transaction with Bestbuy, Bestbuy had an obligation to live up to the terms of that deal and Bestbuy screwed up.

[quote name='camoor']This is a good point. It really doesn't matter whether or not you guys think he is impatient, or doesn't deserve the extra item, or he got a good deal anyway, or whatever - the fact is that he entered a business transaction with Bestbuy, Bestbuy had an obligation to live up to the terms of that deal and Bestbuy screwed up.[/QUOTE]

Except that from the time he placed the order to the time he called not a single "normal" business day had passed

I know bbuy had a successful black Friday but I still have a hard time doing business with them, myself.

I'm not trying to be a jerk when I point out the below, but I think that you may have some holiday stress right now and it may be affecting you more than you know.

[quote name='AvidWriter']It's not so much about the 3 day wait. It was never about the three day way. Just that they told me when I ordered 0-1 days to ship. Why not just say "longer then expected, might take more then 1 day".[/QUOTE]

So it's about the shipping?

[quote name='AvidWriter']Also it's not about the shipping, its far beyond that. I was canceling on that night t get it from BN.com for a better deal or I'd not have cared. I didn't really care it didn't ship I was just kinda pissed that it didn't ship when they said it would, never told me to expect delays (BN.com did today when it was over the day it said it'd ship) and I'm more pissed about how everything was handled *after* I tried to cancel.[/QUOTE]

So it's about the wait?

[quote name='AvidWriter']It's about how I can't get the order back to the way it was and how everyone on their end talked to me like I was jerking them around.[/QUOTE]

So if it wasn't the wait or the shipping...? You just called to cancel for no reason and helped to create this problem?
(That may really not be a problem as it makes sense to me and some others that they would have shipped the promo item with the item.)

[quote name='AvidWriter']I am not that impatient.[/QUOTE]

=======> [quote name='AvidWriter']it's been 3 hours. Nothing.[/QUOTE]

Relax man! Everything will work out fine in the end. ;)

I agree with the others that suspect the promo item might be with the Nook. I'd just wait until the item arrives and see if the promo came with it before spending more time on this.

[quote name='AvidWriter']Now I am left with half an order and out on a very nice promo item which was the whole point of why I placed the order in the first place.[/QUOTE]

I find much humor in the fact that you bought a $100+ nook solely because they offered a $4 2GB MSD for free with it.

[quote name='Kerig']I find much humor in the fact that you bought a $100+ nook solely because they offered a $4 2GB MSD for free with it.[/QUOTE]

That was not the only reason, and it was on sale for $79 and I had a $15 Bestbuy gift-card that I've had lying around for over a year. As I've said it became more about how the issue was handled then the 2gb card itself. Also the card comes pre-loaded with books 30 or 50 I can't remember.

I was contacted by Bestbuy today ( they woke me up -_- ) and I'm going to the store to pick up the canceled item and fix up this whole issue. Thread can be locked now or once I return possibly in a day or two when I get the card.

:rofl: This thread is full of so much win. That's all I'm saying.:lol:

I would post a tl;dr summary of this thread for those who don't wanna read it all, but it's more fun to read the whole thread.;)

[quote name='AvidWriter']It's not so much about the 3 day wait. It was never about the three day way. Just that they told me when I ordered 0-1 days to ship. Why not just say "longer then expected, might take more then 1 day"...

...I am not that impatient.[/QUOTE]
Maybe it's just me, but when I see that an item "Ships in 1 day", I take that to mean in 1 business day. Had you ordered it on Thanksgiving, obviously a national holiday, the order wouldn't be processed until Friday. The next business day following Friday is Monday. Therefore, had it been me, I wouldn't have expected it to ship until Monday at the earliest.

Even on Prime, all orders I place over the weekend aren't shipped until Monday. Therefore, if I place an order on Saturday, I won't usually get it until Wednesday.

[quote name='SlammedNiss']Maybe it's just me, but when I see that an item "Ships in 1 day", I take that to mean in 1 business day. Had you ordered it on Thanksgiving, obviously a national holiday, the order wouldn't be processed until Friday. The next business day following Friday is Monday. Therefore, had it been me, I wouldn't have expected it to ship until Monday at the earliest.

Even on Prime, all orders I place over the weekend aren't shipped until Monday. Therefore, if I place an order on Saturday, I won't usually get it until Wednesday.[/QUOTE]
You're wasting your breath. People want their shit on THEIR schedule and things done their way, holidays and weekends be damned.

If you need further proof of this, just go to the BB forums over on their website. There are so many 'me me me' complaint threads on there that it's sickening.

bread's done
Back