Some F.Y.E./Sam Goody Stores Clearancing New Games

Jackie Chandler

CAGiversary!
Feedback
10 (100%)
According to my manager, some F.Y.E. and Sam Goody stores have been selected by corporate to stop carrying new games after Christmas (although those stores WILL continue to carry used games). What does this mean?... Clearances, of course! While she said all the stickers wouldn't be placed on games until Wednesday for our store (since our store has shipments of other things to put out today and tomorrow), PRICES ARE ACTIVE AS OF TODAY. Needless to say, I took some games up to the counter to price check them and see what kind of discounts to expect. Here's what I found:

Metroid Prime Trilogy (Wii)- $37.99 ($49.99 MSRP)
Rhythm Heaven (DS)- $22.99 ($29.99 MSRP)
Pokemon Platinum (DS)- $26.99 ($34.99 MSRP)
Socom 2 Bundle with Headset (PS3)- $29.99! (Tagged as $59.99, though MSRP is $49.99, I believe)
Resistance 2 (PS3)- $44.99 (MSRP $59.99?)
Metal Gear Solid 4 (PS3)- $14.99 (MSRP $29.99)

I also brought up Tekken 6, Batman: Arkham Asylum, and Marvel Ultimate Alliance 2 for 360, but none of them were on sale, I'm assuming because they know people will buy them at full price, anyway. And since everyone working there was pretty busy putting out shipments, I didn't want to spend any more of their time price checking. If your store is one of the stores, they may even have their prices up today!

So feel free to share deals you've found in this thread. There are some pretty good deals to be found, as evidenced by the Socom Bundle, and I'd wager there are definitely more 50% off games to be found. :D Good luck with your stores, everyone!

EDIT: If you have a Backstage Pass or a VIP membership, you can also get another 10% off these prices! The VIP membership is free for 30 days, so if you haven't tried it out, now might be a good time to! ;D

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='AceBB6']Sam Goody is still in existence? lol wow.....[/QUOTE]
Yeah... The store I work at is still a Sam Goody. XD I don't know how many other stores still go by it, though... But I always make a point to include both, just in case someone else has one or the other and doesn't know they're the same store. XP

I snagged the following at FYE over the weekend:

Halo 3 :360: - $9.99 w/ $25 rebate
Rock Band 2 :360: - $24.99 w/ $20 rebate
Simpsons :360: - $14.99

I also saw:
Wii Fit :wii: $79.99
DMC 4 :360: $14.99
Tony Hawk Proving Ground :360: $19.99

And a bunch of others. I'll definitely keep checking back as I certainly won't complain about getting paid $15 to buy a game. This is at the Lenexa, KS FYE (Oak Park Mall) for any local CAGers.

Oh, right- my store is Cookeville, TN, for any CAGs who live close-by. And that Halo 3 deal is AMAZING. Is it the regular edition, or Special Edition? Because our store still has 4 copies of the Special Edition new.

Wow. Thanks for the heads up. If anyone else confirms MGS4 and Socom bundle for those prices, then I will have a couple games/headset I have been looking for.

[quote name='Jackie Chandler']Oh, right- my store is Cookeville, TN, for any CAGs who live close-by. And that Halo 3 deal is AMAZING. Is it the regular edition, or Special Edition? Because our store still has 4 copies of the Special Edition new.[/QUOTE]

wow... I remember that store.... it's been um... 18 years or so since I was in it.. but yeah... :cool: at least I'm pretty sure it was a Sam Goody...

I didn't get that deal on halo... but picked it up at fye here like 3 months ago with 30 dollar rebate for ~9 bucks and was the special edition then

It's be nice if my store did this. The selection of new games isn't that great, so getting some new games at those price would be really nice. I was there over the weekend and there were no signs or anything (but to be expected since you said it won't be marked until Wednesday)

I don't know when I will get back to my store, but will definitely check it out once I get back.

i picked up the limited edition Halo 3 for 9.99 after a $30 rebate. They still hav a few copies left in the Jersey City FYE

wow, i'm gonna call brooklyn FYE to ask about Halo3 deal - thats amazing, they literally pay you to buy the game, and 2 to 1! I really hope they'll have it.

If you're taking advantage of a mail-in rebate, make sure to put the UPC sticker on the receipt you put your information (where it doesn't require information, of course.) You won't get anything back otherwise.

Still waiting on my two $30 visa GC's from the MiR but it's only been six weeks. Wish they'd hurry up so I can buy Amazon credit with them.

Guys, I'm thinking either MIRs are YMMV or corporate got smart since yesterday. I bought the Regular Edition of Halo 3 for $10 today (Special Edition was $30 on sale- just $10 off) and did NOT get a MIR for it. Still, though, these are good deals WITHOUT getting paid to buy them. >_>; I checked out some other games today price-wise, and here's what I found:

Pokemon Mystery Dungeon 2 (DS)- 17.99 (MSRP $29.99)
Kirby Super Star Ultra, Squeak Squad (DS)- $14.99 (MSRP $29.99)
Silent Hill: Homecoming (360)- $14.99 (MSRP $29.99)
Halo 3 (360)- $9.99 (Tagged as $39.99, I don't know the MSRP)
Guitar Hero: Aerosmith Bundle (360)- $24.99 (MSRP $49.99)
DDR Universe (360, don't remember the #)- $29.99 (Tagged $59.99)
Animal Crossing: City Folk (Wii, no Wii Speak)- $24.99 (MSRP $49.99)

Also, my manager said almost all new PS2 games will be at least half off... Though I checked Rogue Galaxy, and it's not on sale (though $9.99 is a pretty good price, anyway), and Killer 7 is marked down to $2.99 (Tagged at $4.99). Just call your store and ask if they're participating, and if they are, ask them about the games you're interested in for a price check, or just swing by and check the prices out. :D Also, it seems like almost all bundles will be significantly marked down, so if you were planning on getting another Guitar or Dance Pad, now would probably be a good time to buy. :p

Woah Halo 3 is $9.99? I've been wanting to pick it back up for my collection ever since I sold it. I wish I knew if it was going to be that price at my store, because it's not all that close...

[quote name='Mizzou75']Woah Halo 3 is $9.99? I've been wanting to pick it back up for my collection ever since I sold it. I wish I knew if it was going to be that price at my store, because it's not all that close...[/QUOTE]

Call em and check. It's not a price mistake or anything, they're quite up front about it and were well aware that some of the rebates turned into profit.

[quote name='handsomepete']Call em and check. It's not a price mistake or anything, they're quite up front about it and were well aware that some of the rebates turned into profit.[/QUOTE]
Like I said, rebates at this point may be YMMV. I bought Halo 3 myself expecting the rebate, and didn't receive one. >_>;

[quote name='handsomepete']Call em and check. It's not a price mistake or anything, they're quite up front about it and were well aware that some of the rebates turned into profit.[/QUOTE]

I still remember my first visit to FYE to take advantage of the $20 GC from trying out the backstage VIP Pass for a month. Before I even said anything, the cashier told me to just cancel after 2 to 3 weeks into the trial and they will still ship the GC to you because she tried it herself.

I bought a game too that day and she also told me about just using the FYE label instead of cutting out the UPC for the MIR because that works as well... at that point, I wanted to ask her point-blank if she was a member of CAG!

Are these prices active at all FYE stores?

I've been on the hunt for a cheap Socom Confrontation bundle....

[quote name='aaa']Are these prices active at all FYE stores?

I've been on the hunt for a cheap Socom Confrontation bundle....[/QUOTE]
No, from my knowledge, they're not active at ALL FYE/SG stores, but I'd say a good portion are. Our store is almost always number 1 in the district, sometimes dropping to third or fourth out of twelve, so I wouldn't say we're underperforming.

[quote name='sickle']wow, i'm gonna call brooklyn FYE to ask about Halo3 deal - thats amazing, they literally pay you to buy the game, and 2 to 1! I really hope they'll have it.[/QUOTE]

Called - nothing of this sort exists in Brooklyn!
Even without rebate, I'd get the game, but guess I'll wait till Black Friday

Well... Went by today to see if the stickers were up... Turns out we're REALLY busy this week, and other things have priority over getting the stickers on the games, so stickers for me won't be up until Monday... T_T

Gonna check on Halo 3 tomorrow, if it does ring up at 9.99 that would be a great christmas gift to people getting in on the Walmart 360 deal :)

[quote name='mkas1']i picked up the limited edition Halo 3 for 9.99 after a $30 rebate. They still hav a few copies left in the Jersey City FYE[/QUOTE]

secondspin had halo 3 for$10 no rebate during its grand opening sale.

[quote name='micro21']Do the rebates require cutting out the UPC code from the case?[/QUOTE]
Either that, or just peel the store sticker off... It has the UPC on it, too, and it's a lot easier to take off (and put on the second receipt). >_>;

[quote name='KrayzieKMF']local store has rb2 for $24.99. Didn't check for a rebate though.[/QUOTE]

At least at my store all rebate offers ended 11/3 (or maybe 11/4). Going up to check if any new ones were added.

[quote name='randu']How does the rebate usually work? Do they send you a check or cash back?[/QUOTE]
They send you a check, from what I understand... But like I've said before:

Don't expect rebates from clearanced games. Corporate is trying to get rid of some of these games- not PAY YOU to buy them. -_-;

[quote name='randu']How does the rebate usually work? Do they send you a check or cash back?[/QUOTE]

If the rebate total is less than $20, it's paid by check; rebates $20 and over get paid by prepaid visa.

I think I'll check my local FYE(one of the ones that still sells games, that is) for the SOCOM bundle today and if it comes up $25 I'll just sell the BT headset to a friend on CAG who's been looking for the official one for a while now. I hate those in-ear headsets.

bread's done
Back