Some New TRU Clearance starting Dec 26 -updated 12/24-

benboxer

CAGiversary!
The list is probably incomplete but this is all I have for now. I also don't know if these prices will be good online but they technically go into effect on Monday so it might be worth checking out.

* new stuff added 12/24

GBA :gba:
Board Game Classics Chess/ Checkers/ Backgammon
Drill Dozer
F-18 Hornet
Gunstar Super Heroes
Klax/Marble Madness
Lemony Snicket*
Lilo & Stitch
Lizzie Maguire 2
Nightmare Before Christmas Pumpkin King
Pinball Tycoon
Pokemon Fire Red w/wireless adapter
Pokemon Leaf Green w/wireless adapter*
Rebelstar*
Rocket Power Zero Gravity
Rugrats Go Wild
Shrek 2
Spongebob Battle for Bikini Bottom &Nicktoons Freeze Frame Frenzy 2pk
Sudoku Fever
Tony Hawk American Sk8teland
Top Spin 2
Tower
WarioWare Twisted
Winnie the Pooh Rumbly Tumbly
XMen Official Game
YuGiOh Championship 06
YuGiOh Destiny Board
YuGiOh RoD/SC Double Pack
YuGiOh GX Duel Academy
Zelda Minish Cap

DBZ GT Transformation*

Tales of Phantasia

DS :ds:
Feel the Magic*
Polarium*

Advance Wars DS
Castlevania DoS
Deep Labyrinth
Metroid Pinball
Point Blank*
Resident Evil DS
Rub Rabbits
Trace Memory
YuGiOh Nightmare Troubador*

Lost Magic
Pokemon Dash

PSP :psp:
Capcom Classics Remix
Coded Arms
The Con
FIFA 06
Gradius Collection
Mercury
Metal Gear Acid 2
Samurai Warriors State of War
Viewtiful Joe RHR
XMen Legends 2

Ape Escape Academy
Go!Sudoku
Megaman Maverick Hunter X
Megaman Powered Up
Neopets PetPet Adv
Valkyrie Lenneth*
Winning Eleven 9
World Champ Poker 2
Ys Ark of Napishtim

GameCube :gc:
ATV Quad Power Racing*
Batallion Wars
Call of Duty: Big Red One
Chibi Robo
Donkey Konga 2
Gun
Harry Potter GoF w/Movie Ticket
NFS Hot Pursuit 2
Odama
Pacman World 3
Spiderman 2
Super Monkey Ball
WWE Day of Reckoning*

Curious George

Karaoke Rev Party Bundle
Sonic Heroes/Mega Collection 2pk
Sonic Heroes/Adventures 2pk

PS2 :ps2:
Amplitude
Blowout*
Chessmaster*
EverQuest*
Jampak 11
Maximo*
Robotech Battlecry*
Trivial Pursuit*
Virtual Fighter Evo*
Virtual Quest*

Ace Combat 4
Atelier Iris 2
Ape Escape 3
Call of Duty: Big Red One Collector's Edition
Conflict Desert Storm*
Curious George
Dot Hack //GU*
Full Spectrum Warrior 10 Hammers
GRAW
Grand Theft Auto III and Vice City Bundle
Grandia III*
Karaoke Rev Party
Metal Saga*
Monster Rancher Evo
Ratchet and Clank
Resident Evil 4
Rogue Trooper*
Samurai Champloo
Scooby Night of 100 Frights*
Simpsons Road Rage*
Sly Cooper*
SOCOM 3
Steambot Chronicles
Winback 2
World Champ Poker 2
World Poker Tour*
XMen Official Game

MLB 2K6

Dance Dance Revolution Extreme
Driver Parallel Lines
Eye Toy Operation Spy Toy
FFXI CoP
Gallop Racer 06
Karaoke Rev Party Bundle
OutRun C2C*
Sonic Heroes/Mega Collection 2pk
Tales of Legendia
TOCA Race Driver 3
Tomb Raider Legend

Xbox :xbox:
Breakdown
Cold Fear*
Dead Man's Hand*
Dead to Rights 2*
Fight Club*
Max Payne
Rogue Ops*

50 Cent Bulletproof
Aeon Flux
And1 Streetball
Atari Anthology
ATV 2 Quad Power Racing
Battlefield 2
Big Mutha Truckers 2
Brothers in Arms EiB*
Capcom Classics Collection Vol 1
Finding Nemo
Full Spectrum Warrior 10 Hammers
GRAW
Godfather CE*
Goldeneye Rogue Agent
Gun
Jade Empire
Karaoke Rev Party
Matrix Path of Neo
Mercenaries
MVP 06 NCAA Baseball
NBA Street v3
NHL 2K6
Pacman World 2
Pinball HoF
Rainbow Six Lockdown
Stacked
Tomb Raider Legend
Torino 06
True Crime NYC
World Champ Poker 2
World Poker Tour
Worms Forts Under Siege

Fight Night 3
Godfather
Karaoke Rev Party Bundle

Xbox 360 :360:
NHL 2K6

Call of Duty 2 GOTY
Final Fantasy XI
The Outfit
Quake 4
Tiger Woods 06
Tomb Raider Legend
XMen Official Game

[quote name='level1online']Check this out, I did a price scan yesterday on the Intec 2D Gaming Sound System for Gamecube, and they rang up at a penny! thats right $0.01[/QUOTE]

Nice. :applause:

I saw some of those the other day when I went. I'll have to go back and see if they're .01.

No problems checking out?

I snagged the last Gunstar Super Heroes at the TRU in Times Square, and managed to pick up and put down Chibi Robo at least seven times before deciding against it. Willpower wins one round.

[quote name='v0yce']

No problems checking out?[/quote]

no problems, very smooth checkout. the clerk said the exact same thing "Nice...."

[quote name='level1online']no problems, very smooth checkout. the clerk said the exact same thing "Nice...."[/quote]

Errr. i saw this at the local TRU, but the price sticker is $14.95, i was thinking about getting it, but still too rich for my blood, since i don't really need it. It's really .01? Man!

[quote name='level1online']no problems, very smooth checkout. the clerk said the exact same thing "Nice...."[/quote]

The clerk was ill-informed. At most, they should have only allowed you to purchase one. Then they would have to pull the merchandise off the shelf and destroy it. Stupid store policy, but that's how it works.

Good thing for you the clerk didn't know any better. :D

[quote name='fuchikomo']
New item?

Taiko Drum Master /w Drum - $7.00
[/QUOTE]

Nope, taiko is actually part of a previous clearance. Most stores are out of htem at this point. Definitely worth it at that price.

We've got so many new prices in this thread alone that we could make a new topic.

Baiten Kaitos - $5.20
FF:CC - $4.98
Viewtiful Joe 2 - $4.98

etc.

[quote name='shipwreck']Gunstar Heroes is on the VC. Gunstar Super Heroes is on the GBA. Two different games.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, but they both have gunstar in the title. That makes me right! :cool:

[quote name='lunker']I snagged the last Gunstar Super Heroes at the TRU in Times Square, and managed to pick up and put down Chibi Robo at least seven times before deciding against it. Willpower wins one round.[/QUOTE]

Hopefully, willpower will lose round two. Chibi Robo is an odd game, but fun. The only problem is that you can't speed up the text, unless I'm mistaken.

Gunstar Super Heroes is pretty amazing. There is so much variety in the game play. It's not boring for sure.

Locally, Dallas, they were pretty picked over at this point. Grabbed Metroid Pinball for $9.98, but about all they had else was Trace Memory and Lost Magic. Quite a few of the $0.01 guides though!

There are about 4-5 360 games in there I want to get ... I checked on the 29th of December though and didn't see any price drops.

[quote name='sp00ge']The clerk was ill-informed. At most, they should have only allowed you to purchase one. Then they would have to pull the merchandise off the shelf and destroy it. Stupid store policy, but that's how it works.

Good thing for you the clerk didn't know any better. :D

[/quote]

Destroy it!?!?!? whoa, that's messed up!

Yeah, very stupid policy, I vaguely remember hearing something like that when i worked at Walmart, but from what i remember, the store would attempt to ship the merchandise back to the manufacturer, and if they refused, then the item would go into the trash compactor.

[quote name='level1online']Destroy it!?!?!? whoa, that's messed up!

Yeah, very stupid policy, I vaguely remember hearing something like that when i worked at Walmart, but from what i remember, the store would attempt to ship the merchandise back to the manufacturer, and if they refused, then the item would go into the trash compactor.[/quote]

I asked a TRU employee and he said that most the time things that are usable go home with the employees and if not go to the trash can.

I saw a bunch of Donkey Konga 2 does this mean they aren't on sale for $9.99 anymore or no one really wanted them yet?

The reason they are supposed to destroy .01 items is simple. What if employees just held onto games until they pennied out? You might have to wait a long time, but you'd be getting free stuff. That is why it is supposed to be destroyed.

If you're stuck with games from this clearance that you don't want or can't trade, trade them in at Wherehouse. Atelier Iris 2 got me $27 with their 50% bonus store credit, and most of the other PS2 games (Metal Saga, Samurai Champloo, Monster Rancher Evo, etc.) will get you at least $18. Trade with CAGs first but if that doesn't work out for you, consider Wherehouse.

Well, I stopped by TRU yesterday after hearing this, and went in, but I didn't see anything, so I asked a worker if she knew, and she said she knew nothing about it. So I looked around anyways, and I spotted Metroid Pinball for 10$. I then spotted other games like Deep Labrynth for 10$ and Dig Dug and Spiderman 2 for 5$. So I greabbed Metroid Pinball and Dig Dug (a favorite classic of mine), and proceeded to Game Cube. They only had Donkey Konga 2 (which I own) and Odama, with no price. I asked the price and it was 10$. That was added to my stash. I saw some games in GBA, but only one I really wanted, Wario Ware Twisted, the last copy too, since it was in a slightly smashed box. So I grabbed it too.
I was really hoping for Chibi-Robo, Batallion Wars and Advanced Wars DS. Do any of you guys re-sell those ones? And for how much each?

Well, I stopped by TRU yesterday after hearing this, and went in, but I didn't see anything, so I asked a worker if she knew, and she said she knew nothing about it. So I looked around anyways, and I spotted Metroid Pinball for 10$. I then spotted other games like Deep Labrynth for 10$ and Dig Dug and Spiderman 2 for 5$. So I greabbed Metroid Pinball and Dig Dug (a favorite classic of mine), and proceeded to Game Cube. They only had Donkey Konga 2 (which I own) and one copy of Odama, with no price. I asked the price and it was 10$. That was added to my stash. I saw some games in GBA, but only one I really wanted, Wario Ware Twisted, the last copy too, only surviving since it was in a slightly smashed box. So I grabbed it too.
I was really hoping for Chibi-Robo, Batallion Wars, Advanced Wars DS and Karaoke Rev Party Bundle. Do any of you guys re-sell those ones? And for how much each?

I went to the TRU in White Plains, NY and all they had were tons and tons of copies of 007 Everything or Nothing and Jade Empire for the Xbox. Nothing else worth mentioning.

Southfield MI

:gba: Tony Hawk Underground 2 (3.50, there are a ton left)
:gba: Drill Dozer (10, there are a bunch left and they're all marked 34.99 but will ring up 10)
:ps2: Steambot Chronicles rang up 10 (tagged 50) but it was one of those "display only cases" that are supposed to have copies in the locked display. The lady told me that since it was 10 it would have been a clearboxed item by the other discount games and that it couldn't be in the locked display. I asked her to look but she again said it would have been over by the other under 20 games. There were about 5 copies of the "display only cases" left on the shelf at 50 so I told her and went on my merry way.

Found Winning Eleven, Gunstar Super Heroes, and F-Zero GP Legend for myself today.. went shopping while wearing a red collared shirt and tan corduroys, and was asked no less than five times if I worked there :p Had some lady shout "HOW MUCH IS A WII" practically in my ear and I just ignored her.. I think she figured out by the stack of games in my hand and my position in line that I didn't work there.

Still plenty of Metal Saga, Monster Rancher, Atelier Iris, and Hack GU at my closest store.. an extra 10 minute drive can net me Steambot Chronicles and PERHAPS Grandia 3.. I think there were only two or three left when I got one today.

Lots of Point Blank, Rub Rabbits, Jade Empire LE, Winning Eleven.. let me know if you've got something on my want list and I might be able to pick up one of these for you.

My TRU in Winchester, VA still had a ton of Drill Dozer's and Gunstar Super Heros, and maybe 5 copies of Odama. One copy of Advance Wars DS left too, but there's a slit in the plastic on the case.

Hey I found these baby's sitting in the bargin bin @ my TRU in Flint....the $hit
kicker about it is that I got up, rushed to CC to get the $39.99 XboxLive 12+1 month card this morning they had one left, so I'd grab it. Go to TRU to see if they have any FFXI for $19.98 (360 ver.) And Behold see photo........
im000894lm6.jpg

So I've have 3 years of xboxlive service for $42 bucks,I had an $30 GC from Circuit from holidays. I would love to trade for something of equal value hit me up by XBOX LIVE: CUN LASTPLACE

Later

[quote name='PigeonSt']Southfield MI

:gba: Tony Hawk Underground 2 (3.50, there are a ton left)
:gba: Drill Dozer (10, there are a bunch left and they're all marked 34.99 but will ring up 10)
:ps2: Steambot Chronicles rang up 10 (tagged 50) but it was one of those "display only cases" that are supposed to have copies in the locked display. The lady told me that since it was 10 it would have been a clearboxed item by the other discount games and that it couldn't be in the locked display. I asked her to look but she again said it would have been over by the other under 20 games. There were about 5 copies of the "display only cases" left on the shelf at 50 so I told her and went on my merry way.[/QUOTE]

Those display only cases don't have UPC's in my experience, so how was she able to scan it?

Snagged PSP Viewtiful Joe x 2, FFX11 360, Tiger 360, and hit a motherload of DS RE Deadly Silence...but penny guides were all discarded...

I work at the one in White Plains and stashed away one copy of everything I wanted. I already picked up everything I wanted from other TRUs during my winter break so I still have an extra copy of everything waiting for me at the White Plains TRU. If anyone would like to stop by, I'll gladly sell whatever I have in my stash over there. Please let me know in advance though so I let you know when I'll be there. Just off the top of my head, the titles I've set aside are:
DS
Deep Labyrinth, Trace Memory
GC
Odama, Chibi Robo
PS2
Atelier Iris 2, Ape Escape 3, Monster Rancher Evo, Samurai Champloo, Steambot Chronicles
XBOX
Aeon Flux, Full Spectrum Warrior 10 Hammers, Karaoke Rev Party, Stacked, Tomb Raider Legend.

[quote name='Melhavic']Hey I found these baby's sitting in the bargin bin @ my TRU in Flint....the $hit
kicker about it is that I got up, rushed to CC to get the $39.99 XboxLive 12+1 month card this morning they had one left, so I'd grab it. Go to TRU to see if they have any FFXI for $19.98 (360 ver.) And Behold see photo........
im000894lm6.jpg

So I've have 3 years of xboxlive service for $42 bucks,I had an $30 GC from Circuit from holidays. I would love to trade for something of equal value hit me up by XBOX LIVE: CUN LASTPLACE

Later[/QUOTE]

Amazing some stores still have them, I picked up a couple of the same kits from Sears for 10 bucks apiece a couple months ago, XBLIVE may not be worth 50 bucks a years to me, but 10 bucks is pretty nice

I was able to get a ton of penny guides (stacks of Halo 2 sealed and half life 2 as well as condemned and some other stuff), but the real meat of it was a Makai Kingdom marked $10 :) I just dug in the bargain bin which was primarily crap along with .Hack//GUs and some MGA2s... I was happy I got it, but have no idea what to do with it. It's either going to a CAG here who wants it or my cousin.

got back from TImes square NYC and they have alot of stuff. I got
ps2 makai kingdom, tales of legendia, ape escape 3, atelier iris 2, genji and xbox tomb raider legend, jade empire le and gamecube Chibi robo. They were all out of the one thing I wanted most and that was gamecube odama. But I guess I made out pretty well

Monday Steambot Chronicles goes up to 29.99, Deep Labyrinth up to 19.99 and X-Men The Official Movie Game for PS2 up to 19.99 and Day of Reckoning 2 to 14.99

[quote name='Josef']Those display only cases don't have UPC's in my experience, so how was she able to scan it?[/quote]

She input the upc by hand.

Dropped by the tru in Ontario, CA. None of the games were marked for discount but the one game i wanted and got priced checked was point blank and it was for 9.98. They had plenty of drill dozer. Quite a few deep labryinth, ape escape 3 and final fantasy IV. Didnt see any ps2 rpgs on the floor. Nothing GC from the sale.

Picked up 2 FFIV at my TRU for $9.98 since they were still stickered at that price. They had to price adjust it at the register. They're up for trade in case anyone has FFV for trade.

[quote name='benboxer']Monday Steambot Chronicles goes up to 29.99, Deep Labyrinth up to 19.99 and X-Men The Official Movie Game for PS2 up to 19.99 and Day of Reckoning 2 to 14.99[/QUOTE]

If this is a clearance why would TRU be raising prices on some of the games? Any ideas?

By the way, I'm pretty sure Deep Labyrinth won't be bought at $19.99 since there are a stack of them at several TRU's I've gone to not selling at $9.98.

In case you can't find Gallop Racer 2006 at TRU, Gamestop/EB is currently selling it for $19.99 new/$17.99 used. Just a heads up.

[quote name='benboxer']Monday Steambot Chronicles goes up to 29.99, Deep Labyrinth up to 19.99 and X-Men The Official Movie Game for PS2 up to 19.99 and Day of Reckoning 2 to 14.99[/QUOTE]

More price hikes, this sure is a wierd sale, I had wondered upon a stash of those Fatal Frame 3's at a TRU on vacation before realizing they had JUST gone back up to 19.98 from 9.98

any others?

That's too bad they are raising prices on some games. Although not on the list, I saw Metal Slug 4 and 5 for XBox with $9.98 price sticker on it and a $9.98 shelf tag and it rung up for $19.98 (they did honor the $9.98 price) so that is another game that went up in price.

I had FF IV scanned at TRU last weekend, and it rang up at 19.98 or 19.99 I forget which. I didnt think anything of it at the time. Took me forever to actually locate a copy of it, kind of pissed me off.

bread's done
Back