Some PSP pre-ordering crap from GameCrazy

rickeeretardo

CAGiversary!
Went to the local GameCrazy today (the one inside the Hollywood Video). They're saying that "in order to obtain a PSP, you'll need to get the system, 3 games, and an accessory... and that's the policy EVERYWHERE (they mentioned EB, Gamestop, and even Best Buy)." They even tried to make the deal sweeter by saying that their store will be the only one in which you can choose the 3 launch game titles and that any other store will force you to buy the titles they bundle in with the game. I thought that it was only that store that had it all wrong, but I called another branch and they said the exact same thing. I went to the GameStop nearby and they said that was ridiculous and they would still be selling the system by itself. Anyone else have a similar experience with GameCrazy? Cuz they pretty much do sound freakin Crazy.

[quote name='rickeeretardo']Went to the local GameCrazy today (the one inside the Hollywood Video). They're saying that "in order to obtain a PSP, you'll need to get the system, 3 games, and an accessory... and that's the policy EVERYWHERE (they mentioned EB, Gamestop, and even Best Buy)." They even tried to make the deal sweeter by saying that their store will be the only one in which you can choose the 3 launch game titles and that any other store will force you to buy the titles they bundle in with the game. I thought that it was only that store that had it all wrong, but I called another branch and they said the exact same thing. I went to the GameStop nearby and they said that was ridiculous and they would still be selling the system by itself. Anyone else have a similar experience with GameCrazy? Cuz they pretty much do sound freakin Crazy.[/quote]

EBGAMES ahs the same deal, you can pick your own games too... or you could pre-order the console alone.

No, they pretty much said that in order to obtain a PSP system anywhere is if you buy it with 3 games and an accessory "under Sony's orders." Sounds like crap. Why would Sony force people to buy 3 games and an accessory with the unit?

The PSP is going to be in seriously short supply when it launches, so companies know they can force people to buy bundles. It'll turn off a few buyers, but they're going to sell every unit they can get in away so it really doesn't matter. Its the same reason that Sony is only shipping 'value' packages of the PSP with stuff that most people aren't going to want (cleaning cloth, anyone?) - its going to sell out anyway, so they may as well take you for as much money as they can get away with.

our ebgames has 2 packages

System alone 249.99

system with memory card , case, remote, 299.99

thats right even though they said the package was 249 (they as in sony, Eb is saying that package will run 299.99)

[quote name='Scorch']The PSP is being released in a bundle deal, I have not seen a deal where you can buy the system by itself. I don't think help1 knows what he's talking about. While you can still choose the games you want at EB, there is no deal to buy the system by itself (as far as I know).

http://www.ebgames.com/ebx/categories/products/deptpage.asp?web_dept=psp&web_sub_dept=Hardware[/quote]

I pre-ordered my PSP system at GameRush without buying a game. They are only selling the PSP system without having to buy a bundle package.

I also preordered a PSP and my EB. I just preordered the system and did not have to preorder any games or accessories.

Just curious but since Sony said that they're only selling the PSP in the value package then if you pre-ordered the system only wouldn't you actually still end up with the memory card, remote, case, and Spiderman 2? That's just my thought though, I mean really who would open up all of the PSP packs and then charge $50 more for the stuff to go back into it? Sorry to kind of go off on a tangent. Just my two cents though.

I pre-ordered at my EB last night for just the $249.99 PSP value pack and the guy said, they might have to call me later to put more money down and pick 3 launch games and the accessory. They did not have a clue they said I was the first person to offical put any money down since Sony had their offical press release about the PSP.

Worst comes to worst you just camp out at Wal-Mart or Target when the system comes out, that way you don't have to buy any games, just the value bundle.

[quote name='ukhoops']I also preordered a PSP and my EB. I just preordered the system and did not have to preorder any games or accessories.[/quote]

Same here, I have 2 preorders , EB & GameRush .

[quote name='rickeeretardo']No, they pretty much said that in order to obtain a PSP system anywhere is if you buy it with 3 games and an accessory "under Sony's orders." Sounds like crap. Why would Sony force people to buy 3 games and an accessory with the unit?[/quote]

Dunno but then again why would sony force those stupid packages with mostly un-needed items packaged inside for 250 dollars instead of just the system for 180?

Sadly cheaper to import it if the games aren't region coded.

Guys guys guys. Ebgames had to update there systems, You're now able to Pre-Order a PSP at ebgames for $249 thats it. $20 down promises you a system for 24 HOURS. No catches, no $400 bundle. If the jackass you talk to says otherwise tell him to look in coming soon, under the PS2 section, and its in there for $249. Its not listed under the games section. Ask them to put down the sku # and it will let them reserve it without the 400 bundle price. I'll get the sku from my store tomorrow,

cheers

PS. to spoo

NEVER in the history of an electronic launch has there been 100% accurate systems/tv's w/o man. defects. Its not possible, it defies the laws of machines building and just error. Should we remind people of the dead pixel on the bottom DS screen. 4800 units out of almost a 1,000,000 thats actually fantastic numbers, do your math bucko :roll:

[quote name='rickeeretardo']Went to the local GameCrazy today (the one inside the Hollywood Video). They're saying that "in order to obtain a PSP, you'll need to get the system, 3 games, and an accessory... and that's the policy EVERYWHERE (they mentioned EB, Gamestop, and even Best Buy)." They even tried to make the deal sweeter by saying that their store will be the only one in which you can choose the 3 launch game titles and that any other store will force you to buy the titles they bundle in with the game. I thought that it was only that store that had it all wrong, but I called another branch and they said the exact same thing. I went to the GameStop nearby and they said that was ridiculous and they would still be selling the system by itself. Anyone else have a similar experience with GameCrazy? Cuz they pretty much do sound freakin Crazy.[/quote]

Not true. I work at one, and it's not true. Some douchebag stores may be FORCING people to buy bundles, because they want to get their revenue up and their DM has his dick in their ass, but it's definetly not store policy, and if it was, even I wouldn't reccommend it to people. Some of our managers have a lot of pressure from DMs and others to try to bundle sales and it results in asshattery like this. Im glad my manager is cool. He understands that high pressure selling doesn't result in anything but pissed off customers.

[quote name='marmilin'][quote name='rickeeretardo']No, they pretty much said that in order to obtain a PSP system anywhere is if you buy it with 3 games and an accessory "under Sony's orders." Sounds like crap. Why would Sony force people to buy 3 games and an accessory with the unit?[/quote]

Dunno but then again why would sony force those stupid packages with mostly un-needed items packaged inside for 250 dollars instead of just the system for 180?

Sadly cheaper to import it if the games aren't region coded.[/quote]

the games aren't regionally coded, probably only the movies

[quote name='Maynard']NEVER in the history of an electronic launch has there been 100% accurate systems/tv's w/o man. defects.[/quote]

I never heard of any problems with the Dreamcast or original GB launch. I actually never heard of any problems with a portable until the SP. The PSP's problems go up and above annoying and clear into a danger for personal injury. Discs shooting out of the system (which you've said over and over you can't get to happen, we know, we also know you have a PSP, you have Lumines, and your brother works for Sony.. save it, we've heard it all.. hey, where's our PSP commecrial? Did it air last night?), buttons malfunctioning, and Sony has went on record and said they will not be fixing the problems.

I'm going with Chris in Cali. I'd rather get it better and cheaper than new and busted.

[quote name='Scorch'][quote name='Maynard']NEVER in the history of an electronic launch has there been 100% accurate systems/tv's w/o man. defects.[/quote]

I never heard of any problems with the Dreamcast or original GB launch. I actually never heard of any problems with a portable until the SP. The PSP's problems go up and above annoying and clear into a danger for personal injury. Discs shooting out of the system (which you've said over and over you can't get to happen, we know, we also know you have a PSP, you have Lumines, and your brother works for Sony.. save it, we've heard it all.. hey, where's our PSP commecrial? Did it air last night?), buttons malfunctioning, and Sony has went on record and said they will not be fixing the problems.

I'm going with Chris in Cali. I'd rather get it better and cheaper than new and busted.[/quote]

Well you might have been going with Chris, but he pulled a u-turn and headed into Camp Sony.

http://cheapassgamer.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=49619

My GameCrazy said the same thing as the OP but only that I needed to spend a total of $400 either on games or accessories, my choice. Gamestop still sticks to their story that nobody will be forced to buy games or accessories. Most other places I went, Toys R us, Circuit City, and Best Buy said they weren't doing any preorders as of right now.

[quote name='Scorch'][quote name='Maynard']NEVER in the history of an electronic launch has there been 100% accurate systems/tv's w/o man. defects.[/quote]

I never heard of any problems with the Dreamcast [/quote]

Not really a hardware problem, but a software problem with some of the first dreamcast games.

http://www.winnetmag.com/Article/ArticleID/18882/18882.html

I still have a non working Sonic game I use as a coaster. All systems have issues at launch, they are just getting to be more substantial as the hardware gets more complicated and thus, more things to go wrong with them.

After the initial "HOLY CRAP I NEEDS ME A PSP" phase upon hearing about the system launch, I think I'm actually going to hold off. Not only can I listen to all the music I want and watch all the videos I want on my iRiver, but dropping over $200 for a system that I will only use to play a 3 year old fighting game I ALREADY HAVE is just not worth it at this point. And plus, I'm 99% sure I'm going to Japan this summer so I figure I'll pick up a Japanese one.

If you think about it, wouldn't you rather have something that could play import movies you've never seen and any game you want (or so we've been told), instead of something that can only play the US movies you most likely already have on DVD?

Just a thought.....

Have two preorders at different Gamestops and both are for the system only (well I guess now it's the $249.99 non-value pack but whatever.)

Neither mentioned having to buy 3 extra games but this was before the official price/date was set. Do you think they can change the policy afterwards and make me buy 3 games now when I go pick up the system?

The manager at my local EB is usually pretty well-informed. He says that EB hasn't decided whether they will require preorders to get the 3-game bundles. He hopes not, but says that if all their competitors do, they will, too. They don't want the eBayers all flocking to EB.

well, i retract what I said before. I stopped in at work today and they said we are only taking psp pre-orders with 3 games and accessory purchase. Other game stores and Best Buy, etc will be doing the same, apparently. fucking rediculous. I don't think I could suggest one to anybody with a straight face anymore.

This is the end of sony. If they don't get their head out of their ass and stop acting like they've got a monopoly of 80s nintendo proportions, MS is going to dominate next gen.

[quote name='jer7583']well, i retract what I said before. I stopped in at work today and they said we are only taking psp pre-orders with 3 games and accessory purchase. Other game stores and Best Buy, etc will be doing the same, apparently. shaq-fuing rediculous. I don't think I could suggest one to anybody with a straight face anymore.[/quote]

I didnt know Best Buy did pre-orders?

[quote name='jer7583']This is the end of sony. If they don't get their head out of their ass and stop acting like they've got a monopoly of 80s nintendo proportions, MS is going to dominate next gen.[/quote]

This isn't Sony. I'd be willing to bet that, despite the selling games thing, Sony would not be happy about this because its very likely that if every store did this then it would mess up Sony's first day sales figures. This is the individual stores trying to increase their profit margin on a device that they think will be selling out regardless of what they make people buy with it.

Got that same call... I cancelled my order there and ordered one at Gamestop.

FOR CHRISTS SAKE EBGAMES IS TAKING ORDERS FOR THE VALUE PACK ONLY! If they tell you they're not they are lying. Tellthem you would like to speak to the district manager about reserves.

The PlayStation Portable, ahhhh... looking like yet another example of over-hyped, overrated and grossly overpriced system from our friends at Sony. Much like the initial launch of PS2 (which launched with not a single decent game, remember?) that sold out at launch, creating near riots in gaming stores ... but when the dust settled, turned out there were major aliasing problems, no console revolution (only evolution), and many gamers used the thing chiefly as a cheaply built DVD player. Whiz bang. ... and now comes PSP, coronated by the gaming media as heir apparent to Nintendo ... Better do your homework before jumping on the Sony bandwagon this time around, though. Early reviews out of Japan talk of operating bugs and pathetic load times -- some nearly a minute long ... I know I can expect a Sony fan boy avalanche for this rant, but the truth hurts. Don't ever forget: It's not the system but the games, and on that score Nintendo rules on that score. :twisted:

[quote name='jer7583']Not true. I work at one, and it's not true. Some douchebag stores may be FORCING people to buy bundles, because they want to get their revenue up and their DM has his dick in their ass[/quote]

So the homosexuals are responsible for this practice of bundling games and accessories with consoles? interesting.

[quote name='bottlenut']and on that score Nintendo rules on that score. :twisted:[/quote]

I award you the Certificate of Redundancy Certificate.

Beggin' your pardon for the redundant redundancy ... still, no worse than Sony's claim of a $249 "value pack" replete with cleaning paper and bargain-bin Spider-Man movie.

[quote name='bottlenut']The PlayStation Portable, ahhhh... looking like yet another example of over-hyped, overrated and grossly overpriced system from our friends at Sony. Much like the initial launch of PS2 (which launched with not a single decent game, remember?) that sold out at launch, creating near riots in gaming stores ... but when the dust settled, turned out there were major aliasing problems, no console revolution (only evolution), and many gamers used the thing chiefly as a cheaply built DVD player. Whiz bang. ... and now comes PSP, coronated by the gaming media as heir apparent to Nintendo ... Better do your homework before jumping on the Sony bandwagon this time around, though. Early reviews out of Japan talk of operating bugs and pathetic load times -- some nearly a minute long ... I know I can expect a Sony fan boy avalanche for this rant, but the truth hurts. Don't ever forget: It's not the system but the games, and on that score Nintendo rules on that score. :twisted:[/quote]

Dude nintendo ds launch was absolutely fucking pathetic. Did you read the news in japan it made fun of how much the launch bombed in japan. Practically no one waiting outside. I dont know about you but i enjoyed PS2 launch. SSX, Dynasty Warriors 2, Nintendo rules on games? I sold my fucking ds because i could find a fucking game to play but my GBA games, and on that score nintendo wins? :roll: I have my PSP now and i love it. I let my Nintendo idiot friend fanboy borrow it and he pre ordered it next day. PSP is the future of handhelds, its going to make Nintendo have to rethink their strategy in the handheld market again. Maybe they'll stop flooding the market with BS handheld games I.E Thats So Raven, 900 pokemon games. PSP, IMO, is going to finally make nintendo wake up and realize that there is a market of gamers out there in the handheld section older than fucking 4 years old who want to play games that aren't geared towards little kids. PSP price is steep, but remember its aiming at a different market. People who aren't cheap, and people who dont buy games like thats so raven. Your only 17 posts old so we'll let this slide but man think before you post. #-o

PS you think its a coincidence that all of DS's games are launching in March when psp launches? :puke:

[quote name='Maynard'][quote name='bottlenut']The PlayStation Portable, ahhhh... looking like yet another example of over-hyped, overrated and grossly overpriced system from our friends at Sony. Much like the initial launch of PS2 (which launched with not a single decent game, remember?) that sold out at launch, creating near riots in gaming stores ... but when the dust settled, turned out there were major aliasing problems, no console revolution (only evolution), and many gamers used the thing chiefly as a cheaply built DVD player. Whiz bang. ... and now comes PSP, coronated by the gaming media as heir apparent to Nintendo ... Better do your homework before jumping on the Sony bandwagon this time around, though. Early reviews out of Japan talk of operating bugs and pathetic load times -- some nearly a minute long ... I know I can expect a Sony fan boy avalanche for this rant, but the truth hurts. Don't ever forget: It's not the system but the games, and on that score Nintendo rules on that score. :twisted:[/quote]

Dude nintendo ds launch was absolutely shaq-fuing pathetic. Did you read the news in japan it made fun of how much the launch bombed in japan. Practically no one waiting outside. I dont know about you but i enjoyed PS2 launch. SSX, Dynasty Warriors 2, Nintendo rules on games? I sold my shaq-fuing ds because i could find a shaq-fuing game to play but my GBA games, and on that score nintendo wins? :roll: I have my PSP now and i love it. I let my Nintendo idiot friend fanboy borrow it and he pre ordered it next day. PSP is the future of handhelds, its going to make Nintendo have to rethink their strategy in the handheld market again. Maybe they'll stop flooding the market with BS handheld games I.E Thats So Raven, 900 pokemon games. PSP, IMO, is going to finally make nintendo wake up and realize that there is a market of gamers out there in the handheld section older than shaq-fuing 4 years old who want to play games that aren't geared towards little kids. PSP price is steep, but remember its aiming at a different market. People who aren't cheap, and people who dont buy games like thats so raven. Your only 17 posts old so we'll let this slide but man think before you post. #-o

PS you think its a coincidence that all of DS's games are launching in March when psp launches? :puke:[/quote]

I've gotta agree with you. Maybe not to the same extreme but I do think the PSP will sell well.

The fact that the DS has a 3 month jump on the PSP and the PSP will have more games than it shows me that, despite what the fanboys say, Nintendo rushed their system out the door as well. They were just lucky that the only problems that people had were dead pixels.

Regarding the last two messages ---- Reread my rant about the PSP. I never said a word about DS' launch being strong or weak on games (though it was rather lean ... though not for long). The main points I touched on were about Sony's greed, its broken promises and its hype-driven hardware. My mention about Nintendo games wasn't about the DS in particular -- but about Nintendo games in general (on the Cube, GBA, N64 etc), which are consistently the most innovative, well-thought-out and long-lasting (in terms of fun). Why? Because of genius developers and its insistence on high quality (vs. flooding the market with a mass of junk games and a handful of A-plus ones). Nintendo has the exclusive trademark characters other systems' don't and will never have: Mario, Zelda, Fox and tons more. Say what you will about these "kiddie" games, but Nintendo's insistence on high quality is rarely surpassed. Mario 64 is but one example. The game never wavered from its $50 shelf price during the entire lifespan of the Nintendo 64 because of its awesome graphics, top-quality and simple fun. Seen it on the DS? Probably not (you're too busy listening to Sony-media hype) but the game's even better than the original. So obviously it makes an early port worth the DS' owners time. More are coming. Plenty more ... Seen the Cubes' exclusive Resident Evil series? RE, RE Zero, RE 4 -- again, second to none (and a whole lot longer than the two-hours-to-beat Metal Gear series that Sony fanboys harp about). ...Sony has more games to be sure, but the vast, vast bulk end up in the bargain bins. And very few are Sony's own. ... I mean look at one of Sony's PS2 launch title -- a fireworks game? Gimme a break. So yah' gonna ignore 99% of this rant also? Deal with reality. Sony's got you and a whole lot of others brainwashed, and they love you all the way to the bank. :evil:

You look at just one game? That was a puzzle game, not exactly a highlight of the launch. Sony stands behind their 3rd party games, which come in abundance at their system launches. There was SSX, Tekken Tag Tournament, Ridge Racer V, Timesplitters, Smuggler's Run, and Midnight Club. Nintendo does have mostly high-quality, though not always innovative, 1st party games, but they tend to fall flat when it comes to 3rd party games. Meanwhile, Sony is rather strong in both categories. The DS got lucky that people bought it as much as they did with the amount of games that have come out in the past 4 months. The PSP looks to have around 24 games at launch to appeal to most tastes, even with a few that you'll be able to go online with right out of the box, a first for any system. I'll be getting both systems eventually, though I will admit that the PSP will come first. I've been amazed by the advances that they've made on what's been previously done in the handheld market and they look to be able back it up with great games and versatility as a multi-media device.

Points well made. But that "puzzle" game was a first-party dog that a lot of people socked $50 into. SSX ruled the launch, a solid game to be sure. Tekken Tag sucked, despite the immense hype and media screen shots ... tons of aliasing and jarring gameplay. ALSO, it took Sony f-o-r-e-v-e-r to get online with its games, despite the promises for years on end, when the Dreamcast launched with a built-in modem and four hookups, things once again that Sony leaves out and charges its diehard customers for. Aside from Grand Turismo, Sony has damn little to call its own. Sony's name is better known than Mickey Mouse, and that's what is selling its sytem, not the games, the innovation or the console. :) As far as the PSP goes, it looks jazzy and elegant, but serious questions about battery life, button arrangement, durability and load times remain. My advice: Look before you leap and may the best portable win! :shock:

[quote name='bottlenut']Points well made. But that "puzzle" game was a first-party dog that a lot of people socked $50 into. SSX ruled the launch, a solid game to be sure. Tekken Tag sucked, despite the immense hype and media screen shots ... tons of aliasing and jarring gameplay. ALSO, it took Sony f-o-r-e-v-e-r to get online with its games, despite the promises for years on end, when the Dreamcast launched with a built-in modem and four hookups, things once again that Sony leaves out and charges its diehard customers for. Aside from Grand Turismo, Sony has damn little to call its own. Sony's name is better known than Mickey Mouse, and that's what is selling its sytem, not the games, the innovation or the console. :) As far as the PSP goes, it looks jazzy and elegant, but serious questions about battery life, button arrangement, durability and load times remain. My advice: Look before you leap and may the best portable win! :shock:[/quote]

Looks like you lied before with "no decent game" at the PS2 launch statement. Fantavision didn't sell well, that's why it became a bargain bin game. Tekken Tag was pretty good, one of my favorites, and played just fine. The PS2 went online before any of the current consoles, though the others went online a couple of months afterwards in late 2002. Sony waited to have the games to justify the launch date, which they did have. Sony has the Jak & Daxter, Rachet & Clank, Sly Cooper, Amplitude/Frequency, ICO, Twisted Metal Black, and many others. They don't skimp out on the high quality first-party games.

... ahh, spoke like a true Sony fanboy. I stand corrected: No decent games of its own. ... but never fear: plenty of buyers still lined up. You'll see Sony pull off the same self-imposed "shortage" for the PSP this go-round by sending paltry amounts to ever-hungry retailers, all the while claiming there's a shortage on this or that essential PSP part. Just more evidence of how they manipulate their loyal base. ... Absurd. :twisted:

[quote name='bottlenut']Regarding the last two messages ---- Reread my rant about the PSP. I never said a word about DS' launch being strong or weak on games (though it was rather lean ... though not for long). The main points I touched on were about Sony's greed, its broken promises and its hype-driven hardware. My mention about Nintendo games wasn't about the DS in particular -- but about Nintendo games in general (on the Cube, GBA, N64 etc), which are consistently the most innovative, well-thought-out and long-lasting (in terms of fun). Why? Because of genius developers and its insistence on high quality (vs. flooding the market with a mass of junk games and a handful of A-plus ones). Nintendo has the exclusive trademark characters other systems' don't and will never have: Mario, Zelda, Fox and tons more. Say what you will about these "kiddie" games, but Nintendo's insistence on high quality is rarely surpassed. Mario 64 is but one example. The game never wavered from its $50 shelf price during the entire lifespan of the Nintendo 64 because of its awesome graphics, top-quality and simple fun. Seen it on the DS? Probably not (you're too busy listening to Sony-media hype) but the game's even better than the original. So obviously it makes an early port worth the DS' owners time. More are coming. Plenty more ... Seen the Cubes' exclusive Resident Evil series? RE, RE Zero, RE 4 -- again, second to none (and a whole lot longer than the two-hours-to-beat Metal Gear series that Sony fanboys harp about). ...Sony has more games to be sure, but the vast, vast bulk end up in the bargain bins. And very few are Sony's own. ... I mean look at one of Sony's PS2 launch title -- a fireworks game? Gimme a break. So yah' gonna ignore 99% of this rant also? Deal with reality. Sony's got you and a whole lot of others brainwashed, and they love you all the way to the bank. :evil:[/quote]

Ok first and foremost, the enter key and paragraph breaks are your friend!

Now, as far as my post was concerned it was a reaction to Maynard's post, not yours. Maynard's post just happened to be a reply to yours.

Also, in your response you say that Mario 64 never dropped below $50, not true. It was actually one of the first games to be in Nintendo's line of player's choice. Later there was Goldeneye and the rest of the must have N64 games. A little point, but something that bugged me nonetheless.

Now your argument over the length of RE-exclusive games. Its just ridiculous to say that a game is good or bad based on how long it takes. There's many people that can beat REmake and RE0 in around 2 hours. The designers even gave an incentive to beat it that fast! You have to be good with the game to do it. Besides that, what about the Gamecube exclusive Metal Gear Solid The Twin Snakes?!?

As far as launch games go? I guarantee you that despite XX/XY being a good game, its short game time (but wait a game can only be good if its long, right?!?) is going to send it to the bargain bin. It'll be nice and cozy right next to Ping Pals and Sprung.

Now for PSP's launch titles? No less than 24, something for everyone. There's still a little more than 1/3 that number on the DS and its taking forever for games to come out. The system launched 3 months ago, where's the games?

Sony has me brainwashed all the way to the bank? As a matter of fact, my PS2 is my least favorite home console for beginners. Am I buying a PSP? Absolutely. Does that make me a Sony-tool? Who cares?!? Really, you have to be kidding yourself if Sony looks more like an "evil" company than Nintendo is. They are both corporations that will both laugh to their respective banking branches.

[quote name='bottlenut']... ahh, spoke like a true Sony fanboy. I stand corrected: No decent games of its own. ... but never fear: plenty of buyers still lined up. You'll see Sony pull off the same self-imposed "shortage" for the PSP this go-round by sending paltry amounts to ever-hungry retailers, all the while claiming there's a shortage on this or that essential PSP part. Just more evidence of how they manipulate their loyal base. ... Absurd. :twisted:[/quote]

So your saying that Sony will purposely cause a shortage, to cost themselves sales? Oh and by the way, was this the same marketing strategy that Nintendo adopted when the DS launched (oh and the SP)? I only ask cause I seem to remember the DS going for more than the MSRP right before Christmas.

bread's done
Back