some really nice gamefly drops

dubbfoolio

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
hey guys, I noticed some pretty worthwhile pricedrops on gamefly recently.

namely...

Assassin's Creed 360/PS3 $18.99
Devil may cry 4 360/PS3 $29.99
Burnout Paradise 360/PS3 $27.99/$29.99

Bioshock $24.99
Overlord, Stranglehold, Timeshift , Circle of Doom, Jericho $14.99
Simpsons, Area 51 $19.99

PS3
Ratchet and Clank TOD, Drakes Fortune $29.99
Unreal Tourney, Lair $19.99

DS
Life Signs $13.99
Assassin's Creed $14.99

Wii
Harvey Birdman and Manhunt $14.99
Nitrobike $9.99

There are others too. This is just what sort of caught my fancy. give it a look. Free shipping for members... free shipping on select titles for non members.

[quote name='Armstrong x360a']What's the condition of most games from this service? Anyone have any complaints or are items really as described: "Pre-inspected" and "Original Case and Manual in new condition."[/quote]
The Manuals and Cases are in perfect condition, mainly because they are just stored away until someone purchaes the games. The discs are usually in fantastic condition, I've been with Gamefly for over a year and out of all the games I've rented or bought I've never had a problem. No scratches, the discs are perfect.

[quote name='earvcunanan']How are you guys getting these $5 off codes and 10% off? Fill me in![/quote]
When you are with Gamefly for over a year you gain the whole 10% off purchases deal. Also every 3 months Gamefly gives you $5 to use towards purchases.

Sometimes if you're lucky your Gamefly dollars will over lap every once in a while so you have $10 instead of just $5.

[quote name='groundskeeper']I have yet to buy a game from GF that was even playable. The case and manual might be in perfect condition but it does not let you play the game. At least they refunded my money. For me t is not worth the hassle, but others seem to have good luck.[/quote]
I find it insanely hard to believe every game you have bought has been scratched beyong playability. But I guess it could be the luck of the draw.

I've never gotten an unplayable disc, and most of them have been in excellent condition. I've rented and purchased many over the past two years. this is about as safe as buying a used game is going to get, that's not to say it won't have any light scratches, but that's why used games are not the same price as new games.

From my personal experience, Gamefly quality on used games were great. The box and manual were usually in pristine condition, and I have not had any scratches on my discs

I recommend them highly

->Ryu

I have been pretty lucky thus far, both games I ordered in the last sale were in mint condition, they looked like they had not even been played.

I have had good experience with Gamefly. Granted, I have only purchased PS3 games so they are a bit hard to scratch anyway. Case + manual is definitely a plus in their used game service.

I'm tempted to pick up Burnout ($35) ... anyone think it will drop some more?

[quote name='hunterrogue']Any guesses on how long LIMITED TIME means? I get 5 more gamefly dollars in 9 days, which means I could get it for $8.99 as opposed to $13.99??[/quote]

Last time I waited it ended up out of stock...

[quote name='SpitFire158']Which is the better game Mass Effect or DMC4?[/quote]

Mass effect is a LONG game with a great story. It also has great replayability, both for achievements and being able to play as a different kind of person. DMC4 is pretty short and doesnt have replayability unless you like beating games over and over on higher and higher difficulties. IMO DMC is a great rent and Mass Effect is a great buy.

[quote name='SpitFire158']Which is the better game Mass Effect or DMC4[/quote]
mass effect by a long shot IMO, but they're such different games that it could go either way for you. have you ever played a bioware or dmc game?

^^Don't know of a coupon code for free shipping, but I'm not a member and there appears to be free shipping on some titles regardless of membership status.

I picked up Uncharted and Lair (yeah, I know, crappy game, but it's supposed to be much better with the analogue control patch). Both shipped free.

[quote name='awp']^^Don't know of a coupon code for free shipping, but I'm not a member and there appears to be free shipping on some titles regardless of membership status.

I picked up Uncharted and Lair (yeah, I know, crappy game, but it's supposed to be much better with the analogue control patch). Both shipped free.[/quote]

If I had another 5 dollar coupon id definitely grab lair. It was fun until the controls stopped me from progressing any further.

They officially announced the sale through e-mail, and it is advertised as coming with free shipping. I am not a gamefly subscriber, just a subscriber for their e-mails.

[quote name='DomLando']Can you add more than one item per order or do you have to make multiple orders for each game?[/QUOTE]

Multiple orders. Yes, it sucks.

Just ordered Mass Effect...I've been wanting this game and this was a nice price. I usually don't like to buy pre-owned/used games, but everyone here seems to speak highly of GF so I'll give it a shot! Thanks for bringing this deal to us OP!

It's only free shipping on select titles for non-members, usually the games listed in the emails they send. Ratchet was free shipping for instance ( which i ordered :O). It's on a large amount of titles, usually the ones that are heavily discounted too.

[quote name='MasterYensid']They officially announced the sale through e-mail, and it is advertised as coming with free shipping. I am not a gamefly subscriber, just a subscriber for their e-mails.[/QUOTE]

This is too funny because I actually made my purchase of UT3 PS3 before I even got the e-mail telling me that I could get it with free shipping.

[quote name='chrisnsally']Holy Poop - Ratchet and Clank TOD and Drakes Fortune for PS3 are both $29.99 shipped!!![/quote]

I was eying both...nice timing!

AC has been fun so far, though I guess I didn't have that high of expectations.....too bad I paid $29.99 for a new copy at Target.

[quote name='zizo79']how is UT3 guys ? i lokked at some videos ..it looks like GOW lol ..it is worth the $19.99 ?[/QUOTE]

That's because it's developed by same developer that made Gears of War, Epic Games.

[quote name='cdeener']That's because it's developed by same developer that made Gears of War, Epic Games.[/quote]
i knew that ...but my concern was about if UT3 was a good game ?

[quote name='zizo79']i knew that ...but my concern was about if UT3 was a good game ?[/QUOTE]

I have read and heard that it is a fun game especially if you play online with others but the single player is short. I just wanted something decent to play on PS3 on the cheap and this will fit the bill.

[quote name='cdeener']I have read and heard that it is a fun game especially if you play online with others but the single player is short. I just wanted something decent to play on PS3 on the cheap and this will fit the bill.[/quote]
cool...

[quote name='Ryu4096']From my personal experience, Gamefly quality on used games were great. The box and manual were usually in pristine condition, and I have not had any scratches on my discs

I recommend them highly

->Ryu[/quote]

My personal experience (being a gf member for several years) is that disk quality is YMMV. For the older well circulated titles, the game disks were no better quality than the rentals at the local blockbuster. The newer and/or less popular games were generally in much better condition.

UT3 is good - check out gamerankings.com, I believe it's averaging around an 88%. I've been playing UT since it came out on the Mac (don't start!) Played the demo for III on the PC - it's good fun.

And the bots are actually a nice addition I wish more games would employ - that way you and a buddy can play a decent match of 4x4 with bots filling in the extra spots!

for $60 UTIII was not worth a shit but now that its under $20 its a good purchase considering you can add custom mods and all those extra goodies.

[quote name='MasterYensid']They officially announced the sale through e-mail, and it is advertised as coming with free shipping. I am not a gamefly subscriber, just a subscriber for their e-mails.[/quote]

free shipping will be for select titles... I'm a member so I didn't get this version of the email. If you post it I'll add it to the original post.

Picked up Timeshift and Jericho. I just got Circle of Doom for ~$18 off of eBay NEW, but I would've liked to have saved a couple of bucks and get it used. The only other title I don't have for 360 on sale is Area 51 but that one doesn't seem to be worth $20 to me.

Wow, a few hours too late

yesterday around noon i bought jericho used from gamestop for 17 dollars after trading in turok for 14. it was $29.99.

this would have been cheaper without me giving up turok , and without listening to scrubs try to upsell 10+ items to me in the span of 2 minutes

UT3 is a steal for this price. It has unlimited replay value due to all the mods. Its great fun. The single player "campaign" is just bot matches but its still fun.

Is GRAW2 worth picking up for $20? I was going to pick it up at CC last week when it was on sale but them SOB's never had it in.

Every PS3 owner needs to have Uncharted in his/her collection. It is the best exclusive the system has out now. If you are holding out to get the MGS4 package deal I don't blame you. But for a second game, seriously, get Uncharted. 30$ for a phenomenal experience.

[quote name='Fifth Ocean']Every PS3 owner needs to have Uncharted in his/her collection. It is the best exclusive the system has out now. If you are holding out to get the MGS4 package deal I don't blame you. But for a second game, seriously, get Uncharted. 30$ for a phenomenal experience.[/quote]

Uncharted is a very good game, but it is also pretty short....like 12-13 hours short...I rented it and according to the save file info, in about 10 hours of fairly leisurely gameplay and looking for and picking up various trinkets, I had completed 75% of the game. So $30 is a good price, but if you really want to be cheap about it, hold off for a long weekend and just rent it.

[quote name='contej85']Who would have thought that a repetitive, single-player only, over-produced title would end up dropping so quickly! Not me![/quote]

Hands down one of the top 10 games of 2007/2008.

[quote name='dkim064']Anyone know if there's a worthy amount of players still online for UT3? [/QUOTE]

there's a UT3 CAG Night every Mondays. There's probably 15-30 CAGs who have the game. We have about 10-14 CAGs who play with us.

Online with pubs, there's 50 or so at a time? It's definitely no COD4.

[quote name='zizo79']how is UT3 guys ? i lokked at some videos ..it looks like GOW lol ..it is worth the $19.99 ?[/QUOTE]

UT3 is nothing like Gears. If you like fast paced deathmatch style shooter, then you'll love UT3. There's a lot of great user made maps. It's one of the best multiplayer games out for the PS3 imo, but it's definitely under appreciated. There's good weapon balance and some neat movement tricks. You also have your standard CTF fare as well as vehicle CTF. There's a slightly more tactical game mode called warfare.

Snagged Assassin's Creed and Jericho for 360. Was going to get Timeshift and Overlord, but man...I really need to save some cash. If I ever want to buy a new home, I need to stop accruing so many 360 games...but at such cheap prices, how can I refuse?!?

DAMN YOU CAG!! :)

(btw, thanks for the heads-up OP)

PS3 Games

Game Fly has

Assassins Creed $18.99
Ratchet & Clank $29.99
Devil May Cry 4 $29.99

A great price for those that don't own yet!

bread's done
Back