new clearance for Dec 3
Final Fantasy XII 9.98
360 HD-DVD Player 129.98
360 Hard Drive 20 GB 49.98

Hopefully these wont be YMMV

GBA
American Dragon
Codename Kids Next Door
Harvest Moon(sku203146) don't know if its Friends or More Friends of Mineral Town
Monster Truck/ATV Quad combo
Phil of the Future
Princess Natasha Gift Pack
Shrek/Shark Tale combo
Shrek 2/Madagascar combo(sku580958)
Veggie Tales Larry Boy and the Bad Apple
X-Men Official Movie Game

DS
American Dragon
Guilty Gear
Ice Age 2
Monster Truck DS
Princess Natasha
Shrek Superslam

PSP
50 Cent Bulletproof
Brothers in Arms D-Day
Capcom Puzzle World
Family Guy
Gangs of London
Hot Shots Golf
Lemmings
MLB 2006 the Show
MLB 2K6
Neopets Petpet Adventures
NHL 07
Pirates of the Caribbean DMC
Rapala Trophies
Scarface
THUG Remix
World Tour Soccer
YuGiOh Gx Tag Force

PS2
Dave Mirra Freestyle
Devil May Cry 3
Dragonball Z Budokai Tenkaichi (maybe 1? sku 238160)
Genji
Gun
Hitman Blood Money
Karaoke Revolution game only(sku 665309)
Lumines Plus
MVP NCAA Baseball 07
NBA Street
NCAA March Madness 07
NFL Head Coach
Scarface
Sly Cooper 2
Tokobot Plus

GameCube
Harvest Moon: A Wonderful Life

XBox
Fable
Far Cry Next Chapter
FIFA 07
Hitman Blood Money
Scarface

Arcade Unplugged
Bomberman Zero
Kameo
Perfect Dark Zero
Table Tennis
The Outfit

GBA
Final Fantasy V
Shrek/Shrek 2 GBA Video
Shrek 2/Madagascar combo(sku595893)

DS
Brain Boost Gamma
Children of Mana
Elite Beat Agents
Magical Starsign

PSP
After Burner
Blitz the League
Bust A Move Deluxe
DBZ Shin Budokai Another Road(I think skn826356)
Dungeon Siege Throne of Agony
Every Extend Extra
Frogger Helmet Chaos
Gurumin
Infected
Over the Hedge
Splinter Cell Essentials
Winning Eleven(skn815176)

PS2
Chicken Little
DDR Max game only(skn613668)
Kim Possible
King of Fighters 2006
Meet the Robinsons
MLB 2006 the Show
MLB 2K7
Phantasy Star Universe
Tomb Raider Legend
Xenosaga Ep III
Yakuza

GameCube
Splinter Cell 4

XBox
DDR Ultramix 3 game only(sku 290030)
Ice Age 2
Splinter Cell 4
Tony Hawk Project 8

Battlefield 2
Bionicle Heroes
Blazing Angels
Cabela's African Adventure
Cabela's Alaskan Adventure
Call of Duty 2: Platinum Hits
Condemned: Criminal Origins
Dead Rising
FEAR
FIFA 2006 World Cup
Godfather
Hitman Blood Money
NBA 2K6
NCAA Football 07 I think(sku 618095)
NCAA March Madness 07(sku 684772)
NHL 2K7
Prey
Samurai Warriors(don't know if its 2 or Empires sku 701658)
Splinter Cell 4
Splinter Cell Double Agent
Superman Returns
Tetris Evolution

Wii
Ant Bully
Splinter Cell Double Agent

[quote name='sp00ge']Keep in mind that quite a few on that list are YMMV.[/quote]

If I knew I could find 90% of those games at my local TRU for those prices, I'd definitely stash a couple for when they may drop to $5 or under each. There's so many from my old game collection I'd rebuy, as long as they're cheap.

Man, I can't find Metal Slug Anthology for the PS2 anywhere and I've been to a couple of stores. If someone could get a copy at the $9.90 price, I'll buy it from you for a reasonable price. I also have a sealed black label Lego Star Wars II for PS2 that I'd trade for it.

[quote name='jdawgg76']I've actually been too busy at work to finish up a list. Figured I'd go ahead and post it as I think it is complete as far as reported titles from the recent drop is concerned. I have to clean up some alphabetizing and there are some issues due to copying and pasting different fonts and spacing so please forgive the mess and I'll have it looking better soon.
Xbox 360

$5.00
Eternal Sonata$3.00
Ace Combat X

$3.00
Tamagotchi Corner Shop [/quote]
facefault-1.gif

[quote name='sp00ge']Keep in mind that quite a few on that list are YMMV.[/QUOTE]

Actually, I don't think this particular clearance is YMMV. I have been to 9 TRU stores in Southern California over the past week and all of them had the same prices. Of course, this is based mostly on shelf tags since I couldn't find a single game I actually wanted (i.e. Overlord and Eternal Sonata), although I was tempted by a bunch of the cheap 360 and PS2 games, just not enough to actually buy them.

I think YMMV is more avalability more than prices,, I would say 95% of the prices are same prices across the board. 5% is different per store clearance.

[quote name='bojay1997']Actually, I don't think this particular clearance is YMMV. I have been to 9 TRU stores in Southern California over the past week and all of them had the same prices. Of course, this is based mostly on shelf tags since I couldn't find a single game I actually wanted (i.e. Overlord and Eternal Sonata), although I was tempted by a bunch of the cheap 360 and PS2 games, just not enough to actually buy them.[/quote]

I'm talking the prices. I can count at least 10 on that list that are more than the prices shown. And yes, I've price-checked them, as my store still used the ticket system and has scanners on the floor.

These are some that are different prices or not even on clearance at my TRU
[quote name='jdawgg76']
Xbox 360

$19.98

Samurai Warriors 2
Top Spin 2
Memory card

$12.98
Over G Fighters
Perfect Dark Zero: LE
$10.98
N3: Ninety Nine Nights

$9.90
Battlefield 2
Blazing Angels
Full Auto
GRAW
History Channel American Civil War
Marvel Ultimate Alliance (Regular)
NBA Street Homecourt
Need for Speed Most Wanted
Pimp My Ride
Superman Returns
Surfs Up

$5.00
Burnout Revenge
Tetris Evolution
[/quote]

I didn't realize the prices were YMMV. It's kind of annoying all stores are starting to take this approach. Best Buy and Sears and TRU (other than the manual xx.90 markdowns of the past) used to have the same clearance pricing in all stores, now all Best Buy clearance is on a store by store level, Sears have all different pricing and some TRU pricing is different.

[quote name='YoshiFan1']I didn't realize the prices were YMMV. It's kind of annoying all stores are starting to take this approach. Best Buy and Sears and TRU (other than the manual xx.90 markdowns of the past) used to have the same clearance pricing in all stores, now all Best Buy clearance is on a store by store level, Sears have all different pricing and some TRU pricing is different.[/quote]

Indeed. It's quite disappointing as a CAG to find a bunch of stuff at a place that you think is on clearance and soon realize it's not. This happened at Sears over the weekend. What a bummer.

Can anyone pick me up a cheap copy of eternal sonata? I'm willing to pay around $20 shipped, even if you found it for 3-10 bucks.

[quote name='sp00ge']I'm talking the prices. I can count at least 10 on that list that are more than the prices shown. And yes, I've price-checked them, as my store still used the ticket system and has scanners on the floor.

These are some that are different prices or not even on clearance at my TRU[/QUOTE]

Could be a regional thing then. All I can say is that I have seen about half of the shelf tags for the games the OP listed and they all had those prices listed with an effective date of February 12, 2008. I guess the fact that it has been almost three weeks would explain why I can't find anything.

Updated the list on page 22. Added a lot from Kevzik's snapshots. The only big title to me is PSP Burnout Dominator $9.90. Also, according to another thread it looks like Eternal Sonata is 9.90 not 5.00 if it can actually be found. Will finish cleaning the list up tomorrow and probably make a running thread for it if people want it. BTW, all of the games that are 5.00 or 9.90 from this last drop are the same price at all TRUs around here unlike other games listed at 12.98 and 14.98 etc.

[quote name='jdawgg76']Updated the list on page 22. Added a lot from Kevzik's snapshots. The only big title to me is PSP Burnout Dominator $9.90. Also, according to another thread it looks like Eternal Sonata is 9.90 not 5.00 if it can actually be found. Will finish cleaning the list up tomorrow and probably make a running thread for it if people want it. BTW, all of the games that are 5.00 or 9.90 from this last drop are the same price at all TRUs around here unlike other games listed at 12.98 and 14.98 etc.[/QUOTE]

The $3 games are also universal among all TRUs as well (I believe).

damn i went to my local TRU and only saw some PSP games, and like 1 PS2 game for 10 bucks...

i really want that Hitman Blood Money for 5 bucks, steal imo, hopefully tomorrow i can get to another one across town...

My TRU(Fort Wayne, IN) has no clearance If someone can get me the BeatMania bundle I will pay $15 plus shipping. Thanks. Joel

A little tip as to finding some of the games at TRU is to look behind the counter if you have one of those stores that keep anything over "T" rating locked up. They will say everything that is on the floor is what is in the cases but thats not true and alot of times they will have them in the case with clearance tags.

[quote name='Derrick1979']A little tip as to finding some of the games at TRU is to look behind the counter if you have one of those stores that keep anything over "T" rating locked up. They will say everything that is on the floor is what is in the cases but thats not true and alot of times they will have them in the case with clearance tags.[/quote]

Yep, the woman at my local TRU tells me this every time I'm looking in the case. I always say something like, "Ah, I just like doing it this way."

[quote name='Frosty The Batman']Anyone try buying from the site and returning it at the store yet?[/quote]Anything you buy online from TRU.com and return in-store gets you a gift card for the return value. You don't get money back from a TRU.com in-store return.

[quote name='shrike4242']Anything you buy online from TRU.com and return in-store gets you a gift card for the return value. You don't get money back from a TRU.com in-store return.[/quote]

I think the question was about buying Eternal Sonata online for $40 and returning it in store to re-buy it at the clearance price.

Okay here is what you can do if you want to find out about Eternal Sonata or any other clearance game that is regular price online.

1. Buy the game online.

2. When you get the game, go to the store and go to Customer Service.

3. Give them the item number for the game and tell them you want them to check the price to see if it is on sale or if there is any other special price currently for the game.

4. They will look it up and will tell you if the game is showing up on sale or on clearance.

5. Then, just tell them you want to rebuy the game and will refund you the difference on a gift card.

You could also possibly do this over the phone, but it is probably better doing it in person.

Wouldn't it be easier for someone here who got Eternal Sonata at TRU to just post the item number for you guys to check at your own TRU?

I don't think a rebuy will work at TRU since they give you a gift card back.

[quote name='Hockey37']I'll pay $15 via Paypal if someone can find and ship me a copy of :ps3: NFS Carbon at the clearance price.

Thanks.[/quote]

Just bumping my request. Thanks.

[quote name='spideymike']Wouldn't it be easier for someone here who got Eternal Sonata at TRU to just post the item number for you guys to check at your own TRU?

I don't think a rebuy will work at TRU since they give you a gift card back.[/quote]

No, they will.

Like I said they will give you the difference back on a GC.

I picked up F.E.A.R. and Dead Rising at my local TRU for $19.98. Dead Rising's case was beat up and the manager on call let me have it for $5 off. Nice.

I also saw markers for Dead or Alive 4 for $12.98 and Call of Duty 3 for $16.98 for the 360, but both games were out of stock. Might be worth hunting down.

I was floored when I saw a bunch of copies of the MGS: Digital Graphic Novel behind the counter at my local TRU. I have not seen copies forever and even had a bitch of a time finding one for myself when it was released. I'm guessing these were buried or something behind other stuff for awhile. Anyway, they were $10. If you can find some at your store, I think $10 is a good deal for any MGS fan.

I'm thinking about heading back in that direction later. If I do, I'm going to pick the other copies up. If you want one for cost + shipping, PM me.

bread's done
Back