new clearance for Dec 3
Final Fantasy XII 9.98
360 HD-DVD Player 129.98
360 Hard Drive 20 GB 49.98

Hopefully these wont be YMMV

GBA
American Dragon
Codename Kids Next Door
Harvest Moon(sku203146) don't know if its Friends or More Friends of Mineral Town
Monster Truck/ATV Quad combo
Phil of the Future
Princess Natasha Gift Pack
Shrek/Shark Tale combo
Shrek 2/Madagascar combo(sku580958)
Veggie Tales Larry Boy and the Bad Apple
X-Men Official Movie Game

DS
American Dragon
Guilty Gear
Ice Age 2
Monster Truck DS
Princess Natasha
Shrek Superslam

PSP
50 Cent Bulletproof
Brothers in Arms D-Day
Capcom Puzzle World
Family Guy
Gangs of London
Hot Shots Golf
Lemmings
MLB 2006 the Show
MLB 2K6
Neopets Petpet Adventures
NHL 07
Pirates of the Caribbean DMC
Rapala Trophies
Scarface
THUG Remix
World Tour Soccer
YuGiOh Gx Tag Force

PS2
Dave Mirra Freestyle
Devil May Cry 3
Dragonball Z Budokai Tenkaichi (maybe 1? sku 238160)
Genji
Gun
Hitman Blood Money
Karaoke Revolution game only(sku 665309)
Lumines Plus
MVP NCAA Baseball 07
NBA Street
NCAA March Madness 07
NFL Head Coach
Scarface
Sly Cooper 2
Tokobot Plus

GameCube
Harvest Moon: A Wonderful Life

XBox
Fable
Far Cry Next Chapter
FIFA 07
Hitman Blood Money
Scarface

Arcade Unplugged
Bomberman Zero
Kameo
Perfect Dark Zero
Table Tennis
The Outfit

GBA
Final Fantasy V
Shrek/Shrek 2 GBA Video
Shrek 2/Madagascar combo(sku595893)

DS
Brain Boost Gamma
Children of Mana
Elite Beat Agents
Magical Starsign

PSP
After Burner
Blitz the League
Bust A Move Deluxe
DBZ Shin Budokai Another Road(I think skn826356)
Dungeon Siege Throne of Agony
Every Extend Extra
Frogger Helmet Chaos
Gurumin
Infected
Over the Hedge
Splinter Cell Essentials
Winning Eleven(skn815176)

PS2
Chicken Little
DDR Max game only(skn613668)
Kim Possible
King of Fighters 2006
Meet the Robinsons
MLB 2006 the Show
MLB 2K7
Phantasy Star Universe
Tomb Raider Legend
Xenosaga Ep III
Yakuza

GameCube
Splinter Cell 4

XBox
DDR Ultramix 3 game only(sku 290030)
Ice Age 2
Splinter Cell 4
Tony Hawk Project 8

Battlefield 2
Bionicle Heroes
Blazing Angels
Cabela's African Adventure
Cabela's Alaskan Adventure
Call of Duty 2: Platinum Hits
Condemned: Criminal Origins
Dead Rising
FEAR
FIFA 2006 World Cup
Godfather
Hitman Blood Money
NBA 2K6
NCAA Football 07 I think(sku 618095)
NCAA March Madness 07(sku 684772)
NHL 2K7
Prey
Samurai Warriors(don't know if its 2 or Empires sku 701658)
Splinter Cell 4
Splinter Cell Double Agent
Superman Returns
Tetris Evolution

Wii
Ant Bully

[quote name='jdawgg76']He's not pming the site as it's full price. He's buying at full price on the site and then returning to a B&M then rebuying at the clearance price. Let us know how that works.[/quote]

I was really thinking of doing this, but I have a few games that I am still working on now. Plus TRU B&M only gives store credit from items purchased from the TRU website. So I would get the games for $9.90 each, but I would wind up with a $100 store credit.

[quote name='Rahxephon91']Is the Rumble Roses Xbox 360 YMMV? Because my Toys R Us has some and $5 I'll get it.[/quote]Shouldn't be YMMV.

Has anyone else confirmed Overlord or Eternal Sonata? I checked several stores last night and none had them in stock. Come to think of it, I haven't seen either game in stock since around Christmas time.

[quote name='ihavenolife123']has anyone seen any FFXII that they can pick up for this poor cag?[/quote]

amazingly the TRU near me had a copy laying out yesterday. Rang up $9.98. I tried to get it for $4.98 "well, I got it here a few months ago for $5!" but no dice. I can check it next monday for you if u like. The kmart I checked today had about 10 copies of FF12, but they were still $30. I'm gonna go back, just to talk to the cute electronics mgr again.:drool:

could anyone tell me what the most recent 360 drops were? the OP isn't updated, and there seems to be some confusion as to confirmation on Overlord and Eternal Sonata.

Thanks

I've searched and searched, but I can't find Eternal Sonata or Disgaea 2 anywhere. That is to say, I've found Disgaea 2 in several stores, but always at $49.99.

Please PM me if anybody has copies they're willing to sell.

[quote name='bigdaddybruce44']Someone should really start a proper TRU clearance thread. We all just keep tacking onto this one, and it hasn't been updated since December.[/quote]Yeah, I'm working on a list at work right now, but if someone else wants to that's fine, too.

I used to work at TRU and I asked my manager if I bought a game online and wanted to return it to the store. She told me only if it's not discontinued.
They kinda hated me there and I felt the same.
(which is why I dyed my hair blue and quit several months ago)

Anyways if it works I'll try it at another TRU.
Good Luck!

[quote name='Frosty The Batman']I used to work at TRU and I asked my manager if I bought a game online and wanted to return it to the store. She told me only if it's not discontinued.
They kinda hated me there and I felt the same.
(which is why I dyed my hair blue and quit several months ago)

Anyways if it works I'll try it at another TRU.
Good Luck![/quote]

The only problem with that is you will only be refunded store credit for online purchases returned in-store. So, if you buy a $60 game online with the intention of return/rebuying it for $10, you're stuck with $50 TRU store credit.

[quote name='toysrus.com']Items purchased online at the Toys"R"Us & Babies"R"Us website may be returned directly to our return center. Please see the Return Policy below for instructions. Most items may also be returned to your local Toys"R"Us or Babies"R"Us store. Please check your packing slip for the words: "Not returnable in stores." If you are returning your online purchase to a retail store, please note:
  • Refunds for items returned to a Toys"R"Us or Babies"R"Us store will be in the form of store credit only.
  • All returns made at a Toys"R"Us or Babies"R"Us store will be subject to the applicable store return policy.
[/QUOTE]

So say we did buy Eternal Sonata and take it to the store, when you return it, do you say "Ok, I want to buy this back for your store price of 9.90?"

[quote name='aen']So say we did buy Eternal Sonata and take it to the store, when you return it, do you say "Ok, I want to buy this back for your store price of 9.90?"[/QUOTE]

I'd just go back the next day and see if it was there or not...you'd be real lucky to find someone working at customer service willing to let you rebuy it on the spot for $10 instead of $60.

[quote name='aen']So say we did buy Eternal Sonata and take it to the store, when you return it, do you say "Ok, I want to buy this back for your store price of 9.90?"[/quote]
That's an interesting idea. Might give it a shot.

[quote name='sp00ge']Items purchased online at the Toys"R"Us & Babies"R"Us website may be returned directly to our return center. Please see the Return Policy below for instructions. Most items may also be returned to your local Toys"R"Us or Babies"R"Us store. Please check your packing slip for the words: "Not returnable in stores." If you are returning your online purchase to a retail store, please note:
  • Refunds for items returned to a Toys"R"Us or Babies"R"Us store will be in the form of store credit only.
  • All returns made at a Toys"R"Us or Babies"R"Us store will be subject to the applicable store return policy.
[/quote]

I saw that too. I called the 1-800 number and I talked with a rep that said it was fine as long as it was unopened.

[quote name='white3er']I saw that too. I called the 1-800 number and I talked with a rep that said it was fine as long as it was unopened.[/quote]

The store manager/CSR may say differently though. If it does work, then awesome!

[quote name='Perfect*Ending']That's an interesting idea. Might give it a shot.[/QUOTE]

Wouldn't the store just ship it back to the website inventory? How could they take a game not in their inventory, add it to inventory and then clearance it? I really doubt this would work.

[quote name='bojay1997']Wouldn't the store just ship it back to the website inventory? How could they take a game not in their inventory, add it to inventory and then clearance it? I really doubt this would work.[/quote]

it would work, because it is in their system for the clearance price.

On their website they have the xbox 360 arcade volume 1 for $19.99, but at the B&M store they have like 30 copies in a bin on clearance for $5.00.

If I did the return/rebuy it would not ring up at $19.99 it would ring up $5.00

[quote name='bojay1997']Has anyone else confirmed Overlord or Eternal Sonata? I checked several stores last night and none had them in stock. Come to think of it, I haven't seen either game in stock since around Christmas time.[/quote]

I can confirm Overlord at the $9.90 price because the rep looked up in the system without scanning it. I still haven't found a copy though.

[quote name='white3er']it would work, because it is in their system for the clearance price.

On their website they have the xbox 360 arcade volume 1 for $19.99, but at the B&M store they have like 30 copies in a bin on clearance for $5.00.

If I did the return/rebuy it would not ring up at $19.99 it would ring up $5.00[/QUOTE]

What I'm saying is that they will not let you rebuy it, they will just give you the refund which defeats the purpose. Unless they have a different policy than every other retail store, they will just send the game back to the website warehouse and let them deal with it. The game you are returning is not in the store's inventory system and they aren't going to override their system to include a game in it that they then will turn around and sell to you at a sharp discount. Any TRU employees care to weigh in?

This is my take on this... I am not a TRU employee but I have bought games at one TRU and returned at another. I believe they put it into their inventory and it gets sold there. I would think that the same would apply for online orders. Just a thought...

[quote name='spamfree2']This is my take on this... I am not a TRU employee but I have bought games at one TRU and returned at another. I believe they put it into their inventory and it gets sold there. I would think that the same would apply for online orders. Just a thought...[/quote]

But what of the merchandise that's online only? I'd assume the standard operating procedure would be to send all online items back to the DC.

[quote name='bojay1997']What I'm saying is that they will not let you rebuy it, they will just give you the refund which defeats the purpose. Unless they have a different policy than every other retail store, they will just send the game back to the website warehouse and let them deal with it. The game you are returning is not in the store's inventory system and they aren't going to override their system to include a game in it that they then will turn around and sell to you at a sharp discount. Any TRU employees care to weigh in?[/QUOTE]

I can say with certainty that TRU never sends any tru.com returns back to the website warehouse. Any tru.com returns are added to and become part of that store's inventory. The service desk rep is supposed to confirm that any tru.com returns are something that is actually carried by the store, otherwise customers are told they need to deal with tru.com directly and ship it back themselves. As far as video games, I know my store used to pretty much take back any video game bought from the website with receipt without checking to see if the store still carried or ever carried the game, but that may have changed. I'd say YMMV.

[quote name='bojay1997']What I'm saying is that they will not let you rebuy it, they will just give you the refund which defeats the purpose. Unless they have a different policy than every other retail store, they will just send the game back to the website warehouse and let them deal with it. The game you are returning is not in the store's inventory system and they aren't going to override their system to include a game in it that they then will turn around and sell to you at a sharp discount. Any TRU employees care to weigh in?[/quote]

It will work because I have done it before. When they had Buy two wii games get one free, but accidentally put Assassins Creed for 360 as part of the deal. I returned two of the Assassins Creed and got Scene It and Orange Box. The guy then put both of Assassins Creed on the shelf with all the other xbox 360 games.
Once they return an item it is added to their system. There is no way they are that organized to send it back to the online store.

My plan was to tell them that I forgot to use giftcards online and the online rep said to return/rebuy in store (which she did, i already called the online store). When the csr rep scans them they should ring up the clearance price.

[quote name='white3er']It will work because I have done it before. When they had Buy two wii games get one free, but accidentally put Assassins Creed for 360 as part of the deal. I returned two of the Assassins Creed and got Scene It and Orange Box. The guy then put both of Assassins Creed on the shelf with all the other xbox 360 games.
Once they return an item it is added to their system. There is no way they are that organized to send it back to the online store.

My plan was to tell them that I forgot to use giftcards online and the online rep said to return/rebuy in store (which she did, i already called the online store). When the csr rep scans them they should ring up the clearance price.[/QUOTE]

So your plan is to completely lie. I guess I don't see what the difference is between doing this and doing the Walmart return method that is also wrong. I wish you luck, but I suspect that any store manager with half a brain is going to decline your request.

I got guilty gear dust strikers for $9.90 in Chandler, AZ.

elite beat agents and magical star sign were still $20. The wireless headset was $30.

[quote name='bojay1997']So your plan is to completely lie. I guess I don't see what the difference is between doing this and doing the Walmart return method that is also wrong. I wish you luck, but I suspect that any store manager with half a brain is going to decline your request.[/quote]

I am NOT lying, I do have a gift card for TRU that I have not used yet. There is nothing illegal/immoral about doing this.

went to 2 toysaurus stores today (Peoria and bloomington, IL) looking for overlord and maybe eternal sonata for $10. no luck there, but i did get some cheap games for my gamewave in Bloomington, so the trip was not wasted :cool:

[quote name='spamfree2']Shadow of the Collossus for 9.90 ( black label or not) is a steal. Wish they had it at my TRU.[/QUOTE]

I picked one up "just cause" (saw it, it seemed cheap, figured it would be good for trading). I already have my own copy bought at release. If anyone wants it let me know as it is going to get returned soon. Trade or purchase at cost - whatever...

Perhaps, it was mentioned earlier, but this thread is so chaotic, it's tough to find anything, now. Anyway, I got a copy of Arcade Unplugged Volume 1 for $5. Not as good as the $2 or $3 at some Sears, but still worth it. The games are great. Or, you can flip it at GS and make $3 and change (with the current $10 for 2 games boost), plus sell or keep the month of XBL Gold.

[quote name='spamfree2']Shadow of the Collossus for 9.90 ( black label or not) is a steal. Wish they had it at my TRU.[/quote]Just so you know, SotC hit clearance at Target and is currently 30% off at 13.98 at most Targets. All of my local Targets have lots. Of course, they are all GH, but you could buy a black label at a hole that noone buys games at like KMart and return the GH version in its place.

Still working on the list, but I should be done tonight. There's a lot of ground to cover with three threads and benboxer's lists that survived the move to the new servers. Plus, I didn't work on this at home this weekend. Surfing CAG isn't ALL I do;)

Xbox 360
$49.98
360 Hard Drive 20 GB

$39.98
Xbox Live Vision Pack

$19.98
Condemned
Dead Rising
Fear
Godfather
Hitman Blood Money
NCAA March Madness 07
Prey
Samurai Warriors 2
Top Spin 2
Official Component Cables
Official VGA Cables
Memory card
NCAA Football 07 I think(sku 618095)
NHL 2K7

$12.98
Over G Fighters
Perfect Dark Zero: LE
$10.98
N3: Ninety Nine Nights
$9.98
S-Video 360 cables

$9.90
Battlefield 2
Bionicle Heroes
Blazing Angels
Bomberman Act Zero
Cabela's African Safari
Cabela's Alaskan Adventures
Call of Duty 2 GOTY
Elder Scrolls 4: Oblivion CE
Eternal Sonata

FIFA 2006 Road to the World Cup
FIFA 2007
Fight Night Round 3
Full Auto
GRAW
History Channel American Civil War
Marvel Ultimate Alliance (Regular)
NBA 2k6
NBA Street Homecourt
Need for Speed Carbon
Need for Speed Most Wanted
Overlord
Pimp My Ride
Project Gotham 3
Superman Returns
Surf’s Up
World Tournament Poker All In
XMen

$5.00
Burnout Revenge
Dynasty Warriors 5 Empires
Kameo
The Outfit

Perfect Dark Zero
Rumble Roses XX
Table Tennis
Tetris Evolution
XBLA Unplugged

$1.50
Silver Face Plate

Xbox
$19.98
DDR Ultramix 3 game only(sku 290030)
Ice Age 2
Splinter Cell 4

$9.98
Halo
Fable
FIFA 07
Scarface

$9.90
Karaoke Revolution w/mic
Legend of Spyro
MLB2k6
$5.00
Aeon Flux
Da Vinci Code
Hitman Blood Money
Jaws Unleashed
NFL Head Coach
Timesplitters Future Perfect
Tony Hawk Project 8
The Warriors
$3.00
Far Cry Evolution

PS3
$19.98
PS3 Chillstream controller

The Darkness
Fight Night Round 3
Need for Speed Carbon
Sonic The Hedgehog

PS2
$19.98
Kim Possible 5
King Of Fighters 2006
Yakuza

Chicken Little
Meet the Robinsons
MLB 2006 the Show
MLB 2K7
Phantasy Star Universe
Tomb Raider Legend

$14.98
Mark Ecko’s Getting Up (regular)
$13.98
Onimusha Dawn of Dream
$10.98
Disgea 2
$9.98
Bad Boys
Final Fantasy 12
Genji Dawn Samurai
Gran Turismo 4
The Sopranos
Dave Mirra Freestyle
Gun
Karaoke Revolution game only(sku 665309)
MVP NCAA Baseball 07
NBA Street
NCAA March Madness 07
NFL Head Coach
Sly Cooper 2
Tokobot Plus

$9.90
Beatmania bundle
Black
Bratz

Capcom Classic Vol. 2
Chronicles of Narnia
College Hoops 2k7
DDR MAX (Game Only)
Fantastic 4 Silver Surfer
Fast and the Furious
Fifa Soccer 07
Gauntlet Seven Sorrows
God of War
GTA San Andreas
Harvest Moon A Wonderful Life
Madagascar
Mark Ecko’s Getting Up LE
Medal of Honor 3 Pack
Mercenaries
Metal Slug Anthology
MLB 2k6
MLB 2006
Scarface CE
Shadow of the Colossus
Suikoden Tactics
Super Dragon Ball Z
Superman Returns
Taito Legends 2
Xenosaga Episode 3
$5.00
Arthur & the Invisibles
Da Vinci Code
Devil May Cry 3 Greatest Hits
Devil May Cry Anniversary
Dragonball Z Budokai Tenkaichi (maybe 1? sku 238160)
Grand Theft Auto Trilogy

Goldeneye
Grand Theft Auto Vice City
Hitman Blood Money
Lumines Plus
Madden NFL 07
Mojo
MVP 06 NCAA Baseball
Neopets Darkest Faerie
Okami
Scarface
Shark Tale
SOCOM III
Sopranos CE
Superman Returns
Test Drive Unlimited
XMen The Official Game

PSP
$19.98
Bust A Move Deluxe
E4
After Burner
DBZ Shin Budokai Another Road(I think skn826356)
Every Extend Extra
Infected
Over the Hedge
Frogger Helmet Chaos

Gurumin
$9.98
Playgear Stealth

Hot Shots Golf
MLB 2006 the Show
MLB 2K6
Neopets Petpet Adventures
Pirates of the Caribbean DMC
Rapala Trophies
THUG Remix
World Tour Soccer
YuGiOh Gx Tag Force

$9.90
Burnout Dominator
Exit
Fast & The Furious
Justice League
Killzone: Liberation
Loco Roco
Lumines
Lumines II
Madden NFL 07
MLB 2k6
NBA Live 07
NASCAR 07
NFL Street 3
Over The Hedge
Pocket Racer
Prince Of Persia: Rival Swords
Pursuit Force
Tony Hawk's Project 8
Winning Eleven Pro Evo Soccer 07

$8.98
Blitz the League

$5.00
Ape Escape
Capcom Classics Collection Reloaded
Capcom Puzzle World
Def Jam: Fight for NY
Family Guy
50 Cent Bulletproof
Gangs of London
Go! Sudoku
Godfather
Gunpey
Lemmings
NHL 07
Pinball Hall Of Fame
Scarface
Sid Meier Pirates!
Splinter Cell Essentials
Syphon Filter Dark Mirror
Virtua Tennis
World Tour Soccer
PSP-100 PSP AC Adapter
$3.00
Ace Combat X
Brothers in Arms D-Day
Dungeon Siege Throne of Agony
Metal Gear Solid Portable Ops
Pinball Hall of Fame

Wii
$19.98
Ant Bully

$9.90
Kororinpa
Monster 4x4
Need For Speed Carbon

Prince of Persia
SSX Blur
Super Swing Golf
Super Monkey Ball Banana Blitz
Wing Island

Zelda Sling Bag
$2.50
Zelda Game Case

Gamecube
$19.98

$9.90
Animal Crossing
Ant Bully
Barn Yard
Happy Feet
Harvest Moon Musical Melody
Madagascar
Over The Hedge
Super Monkey Ball Adventure
Tales of Symphonia
$5.00
Zatch Bell
Finding Nemo
Harvest Moon: A Wonderful Life
Shark Tale

DS
$19.98
dragon quest rocket slime
Elite Beat Agents
Brain Boost Gamma
Final Fantasy III
Magical Starsign
Children of Mana

$9.98
Golden Nugget Casino
Guilty Gear
Ice Age 2
Monster Truck DS
Princess Natasha
Shrek Superslam

$9.90
DS Browser
Ed, Edd & Eddie
Hotel Dusk: Room 215
Cocoto Kart Racing
Konami Classics Arcade
Lost in Blue 2
Metroid Prime Hunters
Micro Machines V4
Napoleon Dynamite
Nicktoons Racing
Rayman Raving Rabbids
Shreks Smash N Crash
Spiderman
Spiderman 2
Star Wars Lethal Alliance
Steel Horizon
Sudokuro
Superman Returns
Tony Hawk Downhill Jam
Wiffle Ball
$5.00
American Dragon
Arthur & The Invisibles
Bust A Move
Chicken Little
Gunpey
$3.00
Tamagotchi Corner Shop

Gameboy Advance

$19.98
Final Fantasy V
Shrek/Shrek 2 GBA Video

$9.98
American Dragon
Codename Kids Next Door
Harvest Moon(sku203146) don't know if its Friends or More Friends of Mineral Town
Monster Truck/ATV Quad combo
Phil of the Future

Shrek 2/Madagascar combo(sku580958)
Veggie Tales Larry Boy and the Bad Apple
X-Men Official Movie Game

$9.90
Barbie Pegasus
Chicken Little
Frogger Advance
Happy Feet
Lego Star Wars
March of the Penguins
Mario Kart Advance
Mermaid Magic
Proud Family
Rayman Raving Rabbids
That’s So Raven
Ultimate Spiderman
$5.00
Barbie 12 Dancing
Fantastic 4: Flame On
Konami Arcade Advance
Open Season
Phil of the Future
Polarium Advance
Strawberry Shortcake
Teen Titans
$3.00
Princess Natasha Gift Pack
Shrek/Shark Tale combo

do most Toys R Us's have these deals?

Are deals hard to find now that everyone and his mother has their tax rebates?

Most of the clearance prices are universal for TRU. A majority of the stuff mentioned in this thread, I have seen for these prices in my local store. Now, whether or not your store actually has any, that's another story. A lot of these items have been sold out of for awhile in many places. For instance, I haven't seen a copy of The Outfit forever.

bread's done
Back