Someone else can make a new GameRush thread.

waffles 'n' syrup

CAGiversary!
Wshakspear or CoreyCubed or drfrielgood or someone else that has been a major contributor to the GameRush threads can make the next GameRush thread if the 500 post thing is still going on with the change of boards. You guys can still make a new thread if you want to, and lock this one up.

I'm not sure if I'll be on CAG much anymore. It's just not fun like it was a year ago. I might be here every once in awhile, but I think I'd rather do other things now. CAG isn't what I need to be doing. I should be working hard and focusing on what I need to do in my life.

I'll be sure to check this thread for GameRush deals when new ones start. Thanks for everybodys help in making these GameRush threads so popular. It made me feel like I was doing something to contribute to CAG. :)

does anyone know if i can use amped for the trade 2 get a game for 29.99, or is it considered a sports game.

My GR let me combine the deals. Actually, they encouraged me to do it.

I traded:

Totals after the +$5

Powerpuff GC $23
Morrowind XB $13
XIII XB $8

I took the $44 and bought the DK Bundle with Bongo's for $29.95 (manager helping me had to do manual override) The managers and CSRs know me there because I do a lot of trades. They encourage me to do Pre-Orders as they (the CSR or manager doing the transaction as well as the store) get credit for the amount of pre-sales they do. One guy I talked to at the Gamerush side said he is supposed to do 3 pre-sales a day. When they see me walk in, they are happy because it helps their #s.

I will be going back in the next couple days to do some more trades. I wish I would have held onto all my TRU games for this deal.

question about cancelling a preorder. I preordered chos theory today by double dipping the deals. What happens if I cancel the preorder? Do I just get $30 (what I paid) or do I get the whole $50?

[quote name='videogamejunkie']question about cancelling a preorder. I preordered chos theory today by double dipping the deals. What happens if I cancel the preorder? Do I just get $30 (what I paid) or do I get the whole $50?[/quote]

It just depends on if the employee looks up to see if you used a deal when you pre-ordered it or not. You're supposed to only get the $30, but you may get the $50.

[quote name='hotwls13']

Powerpuff GC $23

They encourage me to do Pre-Orders as they (the CSR or manager doing the transaction as well as the store) get credit for the amount of pre-sales they do. One guy I talked to at the Gamerush side said he is supposed to do 3 pre-sales a day. When they see me walk in, they are happy because it helps their #s.

I will be going back in the next couple days to do some more trades. I wish I would have held onto all my TRU games for this deal.[/quote]

Is that Powerpuff Relish Rampage I assume? I have one of those that I have never opened. Might just dump it - the kids have plenty of other games to play.

Also, I wish my Gamerush was enthusiastic to do preorders. They had no problem *trying* to do it for me with the $5 bonus, but they couldn't find the new Zelda game in the system for me - told me all they had was Windwaker and 4 Swords. No, I don't want to preorder those...

As for your last sentiment - I totally agree. I regret wasting all that time with EB Games when I could have gotten so much more for so much less trouble at Blockbuster/Gamerush. Luckily the TRU el-cheapo games that someone mailed me took forever to get here via media mail and I missed the EB deal with them - so I had a few Primals and a GBA Virtua Tennis to bring in to Blockbuster. Plus I actually found a $1 Xbox Mojo at TRU yesterday - they must have found it under something in the back or had it returned, since they haven't had any for weeks.

Here's some more values, with $5 bonus:

PS2 - Resident Evil Code Veronica: $10
PS2 - Eyetoy Groove w/o Camera: $15

Anyone know the value for any of these? (Please specify if the price is with or without the extra $5, thanks) Its mostly TRU stuff:

Gamecube
R Racing Evolution (with PacMan VS if that makes any difference)
Polar Express
Universal Studios

PS2
Black & Bruised
Front Mission 4
Dark Angel
Soul Calibur II
Stretch Panic

Xbox
AMF Bowling 2004
Metal Arms
Sphinx & Cursed Mummy

GBA
Xevious
Butt ugly martians

[quote name='io'][quote name='hotwls13']

Powerpuff GC $23 [/quote]

Is that Powerpuff Relish Rampage I assume? [/quote]

Yep Relish Rampage for Gamecube.

Too bad about your GR not helping you with pre-orders. They are sometimes limited to what is in there system. I have Splinter Cell Chaos for XB on pre-order, but I want the LE version. They keep saying only the non LE one is in the system. After talking with the manager that was doing my DK Bongo deal, he said thet if they actually get the LE version in, he would just swap it out for the one I pre-ordered. They are actually very cool about the whole thing.

[quote name='drfrielgood']Wshakspeare, yeah, haven't seen you seen you preordered the DS aways back. Yeah, its trade in 3 games, get an extra $5 on each game. Then for each 2 that you trade in you can preorder a game or get a new game for $29.99.[/quote]

Sweet.

When i go in there i either see the guy with the black low rider truck, or the guy who has a lip ring...i think its lip ring...anyway you put it he comes off as an a-hole

Just got back from Gamerush. Here are some more trade-in values WITH the $5:

Ford Racing 2 - $6.50
Super Truck Racing - $8
Corvette - $6.50
F-Zero GX - $13
Primal - $8
Wario Ware GC - $16
Sky Odyssey PS2 - $8
Smackdown! HCtP - $13
Sabre Wulf GBA - $9

I was also allowed to pick up DK: JB w/ Bongos for $29.99.

This means that the PS2 racing 3-pack is worth $21, after tax about a $10 profit.

Here's what I traded in today, after $5 bump:

GBA Star Wars Trilogy $16
GC Star Wars Bounty Hunter $12
GC MVP Baseball 2005 $19
GC 1080 Avalanche $15
GC Crash Bandicoot: Wrath of Cortex $13
PS2 Death by Degrees $30
PS2 Primal $8
PS2 NBA Live 2005 $19
PS2 Test Drive $10
Xbox Bloodrayne 1 $12

TOTAL: $154
That was just enough to buy a new Xbox, which I needed since my old one is A) old and prone to lockups, and B) system banned from Xbox Live.

Also picked up Donky Kong Jungle Beat, though they wouldn't let me get the one w/bongos. No matter, as I own 2 sets already.

Has anyone tried to double dip at the Maple Road (Bloomfield Hills, MI) store. I tried calling and they were like, "The Game guy is not here, and we don't know what the deals are with the games..."

Also does anyone know how much Hitman: Contracts (PS2) get? At FYE they give $18 and I want to know which is better. Thanks!

[quote name='jkircos']Has anyone tried to double dip at the Maple Road (Bloomfield Hills, MI) store. I tried calling and they were like, "The Game guy is not here, and we don't know what the deals are with the games..."[/quote]

That's a terrible location. They used to be OK and the GM had no problem letting me flip games or double dip on deals, but they seem to have a lot of new employees now and I've just stayed away from them lately. Their selection stinks (at least from what I remember), and one time when I called to get a trade-in quote, they wanted my name and number and everything, turning what should've been a 1-minute call into a 5-minute ordeal. Since then, I have only made one more call to them, and that was to find out if they still allow you to combine deals - the answer I got was no. You might be able to if you find a dumb employee, but expect a rejection.

Cory,

Any news on selling the PSP systems early? My GameRush manager said that they were getting them on Tuesday and would be allowed to sell them then. Have you heard anything? Just trying to get some confirmation that this might happen. Thanks for any info you can offer.

Got my Jungle Beat with Bongos for 29.99. Also put down for Psychonauts, bought Yoshi DS, and got a score of Fight Club 2 Disc SE and Memento for 10 a piece.

Got my Jungle Beat with Bongos for 29.99. Also put down for Psychonauts, bought Yoshi DS, and got a score of Fight Club 2 Disc SE and Memento for 10 a piece.

Anybody try the Wilsonville location in Oregon? It is the only gamerush in the state and don't want to drive 30+ minutes if the aren't doing both deals. I have called all local blockbusters and one has the extr $5 off but none have the trade 2 for a $30 new release...

This is from the gamerush off of Hebron and Josey in Carrollton, TX.

With the 5.00 extra:
PS2 Stuntman 8.00
PS2 GTA:SA 30.00
PS2 CoN:Realms 13.00
Xbox PG2 13.00
Xbox Crimson Skies 13.00
Xbox Dr. Muto 8.00
PS2 Turok 6.50

I was able to double dip and ordered:

Doom 3:CE
Jade Empire:LE
SP:Chaos Theory:CE

They had the tin for SP:Chaos Theory on display and I was told that was what the CE came in. He looked up the bar code and only one bar code was available for Chaos Theory. On my receipt it does not say CE, but the guy assured me thats what I would get. Anyone have a confirmation on this? If it is not the CE then I was told I could cancel the preorder.

[quote name='dpatel'][quote name='newbie2000']Does anybody in the DFW area have success double dipping on the new deal? I called many places and they wouldn't allow the double dipping. I hate it that I can't double dip. There's some new games I definitely want to get my hands on.[/quote]

This might be out of the way but the one in plano on Mcdermott/ Alma let me.

I agree with whoever said we shouldn't be calling. The more we call about double-dipping, the more chance we have of losing it. Just drive up there and ask them kindly if they could see if it would work. The way I did it was, "So since I'm trading in 3 games, i get an extra $15 right?" He agree'd. If he hadn't, no big deal, still a great deal.

Even if you guys do call, chances are if they say no on the phone, you might be able to get someone to do it in the store. It can be done it just depends on your employee. If you call and they say yes, it could be possible that the person that rings you up says no.

I was able to trade in 3 games, get the bonus $5 and buy DMC3 for $30.

$5 included
Star Fox: Assault (GC) $40
Red Faction 2(PS2) $10
Arc the Lad 4: Twilight... (PS2) $12

Any good games to pre-order? ATM, I have Killer 7(GC) and God of War (ps2) pre-ordered.[/quote]

Thanks for the info. Yeah, I shouldn't have call. I might try to get it there then. It is not that far out for me, about 30 minutes drive! I just want to preorder Jade Empire & maybe get the Gran Turismo 4

[quote name='rg0019']

SP:Chaos Theory:CE[/quote]
Grrr, I tried to preorder Jade Empire: LE today at a Richardson location and the guy said that since the computer lists it as $54.99 I couldn't do it. So I asked if I could pay the $29.99 AND the extra $5 and he said nope, only way was to pay $54.99. Is there anything I can do, I really want the LE instead of the normal one...

Just go back when another CSR is working or try another GR. They don't have to give it to you, as the promotion says any game priced $50 or less. It does usually work in the computer though if you can get a CSR that is willing to try it.

[quote name='polobearjp'][quote name='rg0019']

Grrr, I tried to preorder Jade Empire: LE today at a Richardson location and the guy said that since the computer lists it as $54.99 I couldn't do it. So I asked if I could pay the $29.99 AND the extra $5 and he said nope, only way was to pay $54.99. Is there anything I can do, I really want the LE instead of the normal one...[/quote]

[quote name='polobearjp'][quote name='rg0019']

Grrr, I tried to preorder Jade Empire: LE today at a Richardson location and the guy said that since the computer lists it as $54.99 I couldn't do it. So I asked if I could pay the $29.99 AND the extra $5 and he said nope, only way was to pay $54.99. Is there anything I can do, I really want the LE instead of the normal one...[/quote]

Preorder the regular one. When you go to pick it up, return it for $49.99 and buy the LE for $54.99. So you can pay the extra $5 and get the LE.

[quote name='h2dk']Anybody try the Wilsonville location in Oregon? It is the only gamerush in the state and don't want to drive 30+ minutes if the aren't doing both deals. I have called all local blockbusters and one has the extr $5 off but none have the trade 2 for a $30 new release...[/quote]

Short answer - Yes. Go back and find my old posts (esp. the one in the old thread). They are all about this store (I didn't say that before). They definitely do the $5 extra, though they didn't know how to do it when I first went in yesterday. So I assume there's not many people taking advantage of it yet. This is the store that couldn't handle my Zelda preorder, but now that it is coming out Q4 instead of June I don't think I'd want to preorder it anyway. So I haven't actually preordered anything but they do know about that deal.

This is the store that wouldn't sell me the DK w/bongos a few months ago when they had their other $30 deal. It wouldn't work because it was hardware - a clerk and then the manager said they couldn't do anything about it. Now I read people are getting the managers to override to get these? Man, I wish the ones here knew how (or were willing) to do that :)

Hey, if you do go there just don't dump a bunch of Primals or Turoks on them! I've been careful to spread things out (use that local Blockbuster you found for any multiples - which one is it by the way?). Though to be honest, I really don't think they care. They are very nice there by the way (just a little clueless since they are so isolated wrt other Gamerush stores).

[quote name='"video_gamer324"'][quote name='"jkircos"']Has anyone tried to double dip at the Maple Road (Bloomfield Hills, MI) store. I tried calling and they were like, "The Game guy is not here, and we don't know what the deals are with the games..."[/quote]

That's a terrible location. They used to be OK and the GM had no problem letting me flip games or double dip on deals, but they seem to have a lot of new employees now and I've just stayed away from them lately. Their selection stinks (at least from what I remember), and one time when I called to get a trade-in quote, they wanted my name and number and everything, turning what should've been a 1-minute call into a 5-minute ordeal. Since then, I have only made one more call to them, and that was to find out if they still allow you to combine deals - the answer I got was no. You might be able to if you find a dumb employee, but expect a rejection.[/quote]

So which one in the metro-Detroit area is letting people double-dip? I am going to stop by the Farmington Hills one today to see if they will let me.

[quote name='io']
Hey, if you do go there just don't dump a bunch of Primals or Turoks on them! I've been careful to spread things out (use that local Blockbuster you found for any multiples - which one is it by the way?). Though to be honest, I really don't think they care. They are very nice there by the way (just a little clueless since they are so isolated wrt other Gamerush stores).[/quote]

The River Rd. Blockbuster in Keizer. I am looking to maximize my trip so no (real) crappy games. Here are some off the top of my head:

Xbox
Burnout 3 $28
Outlaw Volleyball $8
Spiderman 2 $17.50 (did not trade)
Kingdom Under Fire (did not trade)
NASCAR 2004 $13
Evil Dead Fist Full of Boomstick $8

GC
Scooby Doo Mystery Mayhem $13
Star Wars Rogue Squadron (II & III) $8 & $13
Beach Spikers Volleyball $8
Monopoly Party $13
Tiger Woods 2003 $6.50 (did not trade)
Spiderman $10
WWE Wrestlemania X9 $13
Universal Studios Theme Park $8

I totalled $143

I bought
Mechassault 2
Brothers in Arms
Star Wars Republic Commando
Mario Party 6 (needed something for my son and they wouldn't do Jungle Beat)
Preordered Jade Empire LE

Total out of pocket $7

I forgot to take KUF so I may make another trip this weekend. I have some other games includeing NFSU, 007 Everything or Nothing, Driv3r and maybe MVP 2005 and KOTOR.

Is there any restrictions on say taking back Republic Commando after I play it for a couple days and trading it in? It is sure to fetch at least the $30 that I paid if not more.

[quote name='h2dk'][quote name='io']
Hey, if you do go there just don't dump a bunch of Primals or Turoks on them! I've been careful to spread things out (use that local Blockbuster you found for any multiples - which one is it by the way?). Though to be honest, I really don't think they care. They are very nice there by the way (just a little clueless since they are so isolated wrt other Gamerush stores).[/quote]

The River Rd. Blockbuster in Keizer. I am looking to maximize my trip so no (real) crappy games. Here are some off the top of my head:

Xbox
Burnout 3
Outlaw Volleyball
Spiderman 2
Kingdom Under Fire
NASCAR 2004
Evil Dead Fist Full of Boomstick

GC
Scooby Doo...
Star Wars Rogue Squadron (II & III)
Beach Spikers Volleyball
Monopoly Party
Tiger Woods 2003
Spiderman[/quote]

They should be happy with those - they really need more GC games, and those are a nice variety.

[quote name='h2dk'][quote name='io']

Xbox
Burnout 3
Outlaw Volleyball
Spiderman 2
Kingdom Under Fire
NASCAR 2004
Evil Dead Fist Full of Boomstick

GC
Scooby Doo...
Star Wars Rogue Squadron (II & III)
Beach Spikers Volleyball
Monopoly Party
Tiger Woods 2003
Spiderman[/quote]

They should be happy with those - they really need more GC games, and those are a nice variety.

Here's some values from my haul, $5 bonus included.

Parappa the Rapper 2- $8.00
King of Fighters: MI Collectors Edition- $30.00
Frequency- $6.50
Bomberman Generation- $13.00
Soul Calibur II- $13.00
Hot Shots Golf- $13.00

Total $83.50

All of these games traded for more credit than I bought them for during other deals. Especially King of Fighters which I got new for $15. Not bad at all. I'll be heading back to trade more in tomorrow.

Damn, I'm really tempted to trade in a bunch of games to get a PSP. But ever since the PS2, I've been skeptical about Sony products.

I traded in these games (with the $5 extra)

Star Wars: Republic Commando (XBOX) - $40
KOTOR 2 (XBOX) - $30
NFL Street 2 (XBOX) - $32
Mark of Kri (PS2) - $6.50

Also I was going to trade in Hitman: Contracts (PS2) but they said they would only give me $3 (so $8), but FYE is giving $18 for it so I took it there.

Here you go, $5 bonus included.

GBA - F-ZERO Maximum Velocity 10.00
GBA - MARIO KART - 16.00
PS2 - Alter Echo 6.50
PS2 - Rogue Ops 6.50
PS2 - LOTR: The Two... 8.00
XBOX - Buffy The Vampire Slayer 10.00
PS2 - Maximo: Ghosts To Glory 6.50 (Blockbuster sticker on top of DVD version I wanted to unload)

PS2 - Galerians : ASH ---> said they could not count this in on the extra $5 deal because it only comes up as a dollar. But, the manager said I can still use it on the trade 2 for $29.99 deals... weird.

PS2 was only their second product right? I have my original PS2 and it still runs great... you have a brother or something that might have been rough with it?

[quote name='Renzokuken']Damn, I'm really tempted to trade in a bunch of games to get a PSP. But ever since the PS2, I've been skeptical about Sony products.[/quote]

Went back to Gamerush today. Prices are with the extra $5.

Gamecube
Eternal Darkness - $12
F-Zero GX - $13
Wave Race Blue Storm - $10

Xbox
007 Nightfire - $10
Deus Ex: Invisible War - $10
ESPN NFL 2K5 - $13
Max Payne - $6.50

GBA
Aggressive Inline - $5 (the additional $5 did not apply since this is an old "sports" game)

Pre-ordered for $30 each:
Doom 3 CE
Jade Empire LE
Splinter Cell Chaos Theory (Xbox) - I asked for the CE but it wasn't in their system (even with a display copy at the register). I'll see if I can return the standard version and grab the CE for the extra $5.

I still have about $44 left in credit from my previous trips.

Just a reminder, if anyone in the metro Detroit area wants to double dip the extra $5 per game and preorders and new games for $29.99 deal, I've got no problem with it. I'll be working the games section from 12-8 Saturday and 12 to about 6:30 on Monday. This is at the Gamerush location on the corner of Richardson and Union Lake in Commerce Township. If you've got any other questions about Gamerush policies or would like me to look any games up in our system just stop in and let me know. I'll be the guy wearing the red Devil May Cry 3 shirt.

PSP RELEASE UPDATE -

As of today, my GameRush manager still says they will receive the systems on Tuesday and be able to sell them as soon as they get them.

We'll see if this changes come Monday.

Just got back from the Greenville, S.C. North Hills Gamerush and here was my haul (with $5)

Xbox - Morrowind (PH) - $10
Xbox - Unreal II - $13
Xbox - Mortal Kombat: DA - $13
Xbox - Red Faction II - $12
Xbox - XIII - $8.00
Xbox - Turok: Evo - $6.50

Considering I paid 5-10 for each of those and played them all to my satisfaction, I probably ended up making money on the games.

The employee tried to tell me the computer would NOT let her stack the deals (with the $29.99 pre-order) but I told her other stores were doing it so she tried and it worked. I preordered and paid for:

PSP - Lumines
PSP - Untold Legends

Total out of pocket for both games = $0. I actually had $5 left over. I'm going to trade in some more games (mostly PS2) next week and hopefully get Ridge Racer PSP as well.

The staff at my store were sticking by the official street date, even with the games, which they confirmed they had started receiving in, so I guess I'll have to wait.

BTW - Their computer says Lumines doesn't hit until the 25th.

[quote name='Felder71']PSP RELEASE UPDATE -

As of today, my GameRush manager still says they will receive the systems on Tuesday and be able to sell them as soon as they get them.

We'll see if this changes come Monday.[/quote]

if so, all i cant say is lucky. my CSR had a meeting the other day with the district manager, and he asked if they can sell the psp early, and he said if he did, hed be fired and fined. might be able to.

prices with extra $5 added

GTA:san andreas-30
NFSU2-35
KOTOR2-30

my CSR is so cool. he let me preorder 2 games for 30, even though i only traded 3 games. i bought THUG 2 for psp, and i preordered jade empire.
has anyone gone to PO the LE for jade empire, and it wasnt in the computer? ill check tomorrow. im sure he just made some error.

No double dip for me. :(

These are the games I got the extra $5 on:

Mechassualt 2 - 35
Primal - 8
Deus Ex: IW - 10
Halo 2 - 28

These 2 I didn't get the extra $5, but I did preorder R63:Lockdown

Stretch Panic - 1.50
Metroid Prime - 7

[quote name='drfrielgood']Just a reminder, if anyone in the metro Detroit area wants to double dip the extra $5 per game and preorders and new games for $29.99 deal, I've got no problem with it. I'll be working the games section from 12-8 Saturday and 12 to about 6:30 on Monday. This is at the Gamerush location on the corner of Richardson and Union Lake in Commerce Township. If you've got any other questions about Gamerush policies or would like me to look any games up in our system just stop in and let me know. I'll be the guy wearing the red Devil May Cry 3 shirt.[/quote]

As before, i'll be the on with a spot :)

Will i piss you off too much if im in there AT 12? :)

how much does Astro Boy for the PS2 get? I assume maybe $7 but you never know. They are current with Driv3r, it will only get you $5.

Edit - Deception without $5 is down to $23 when I called, so that game has gone from a dealbreaker to great compliment...

Wshakspear - Depends how much sleep I get tonight. Nah, just kidding. I'll probably sleep in to like 11 tomorrow, then roll in the store a couple minutes late. We're pretty dead in the afternoon, so it should be empty in there.

By the way, I was out at the Gamerush in Plymouth today and they do NOT allow customer to double dip. Of course, it could just be the guy I got.

So... Is Gamerush getting PSP's in before the 24th? I just want to kow if I should get there right after school or are they going to come in on the 24th God knows what time....

I don't think that Jade Empire LE is going to be extra, I think they are doing it the same way they did Mech Assualt 2. Where the first order is the LE then after that it is the normal verison.

Went back again today. Here's some more trade in values. $5 bonus included.

Shenmue 2- $12.00
Viewtiful Joe (GC)- $12.00
Metal Arms (Xbox)- $12.00
Nightshade- $8.00
Virtua Fighter 4 Evolution- $10.00
Katamari Damacy- $12.00
1080 Avalanche- $10.00
Beyond Good and Evil (GC)- $10.00

Not as good as my last set of trades, but still made a little profit or broke even on a few of these. Now I've got more than enough credit to get a new PS2 since I need one, and then I still have some left over!! Now I'm tempted to trade in some newer games I still want.

Traded these in, all w/ $5:

DOA3 - $12
Hitman 2 PS2 - $13
Devil May Cry - $10
Unlimited Saga - $8

Was able to double dip at Monrovia GR and Arcadia GR w/o problems (they actually offered/encouraged me to do it). So I got GT4 and Darkstalkers

[quote name='spin03'][quote name='Felder71']PSP RELEASE UPDATE -

We'll see if this changes come Monday.[/quote]

if so, all i cant say is lucky. my CSR had a meeting the other day with the district manager, and he asked if they can sell the psp early, and he said if he did, hed be fired and fined. might be able to.
[/quote]

Yeah, I really thought they'd all get in trouble for selling them early. I keep asking and they keep saying they'll sell them on Tuesday. I'm pretty skeptical and trying not to get my hopes up, but it would be nice. If nothing else, I've got Timesplitters on Tuesday and God Of War on Wednesday, plus I'm going to see Maroon 5 on Monday so I'll be pretty busy until then....let's just hope I can make it through the weekend. :p

bread's done
Back