Someone else can make a new GameRush thread.

waffles 'n' syrup

CAGiversary!
Wshakspear or CoreyCubed or drfrielgood or someone else that has been a major contributor to the GameRush threads can make the next GameRush thread if the 500 post thing is still going on with the change of boards. You guys can still make a new thread if you want to, and lock this one up.

I'm not sure if I'll be on CAG much anymore. It's just not fun like it was a year ago. I might be here every once in awhile, but I think I'd rather do other things now. CAG isn't what I need to be doing. I should be working hard and focusing on what I need to do in my life.

I'll be sure to check this thread for GameRush deals when new ones start. Thanks for everybodys help in making these GameRush threads so popular. It made me feel like I was doing something to contribute to CAG. :)

I wonder how the industry has everyone accepting dead pixels as normal. Imagine buying a light bulb that lasted a week, Or the headlights to your brand new car go dim after a month. How about you chalk down $3000 for that 30" LCD you've been staring at in best buy and it gets a couple of dead pixels! That my fellow cheapasses is called the softening of America!
if I get a dead pixel inside of my warranty that shit is going back one way or the other I won't be accepting "dead pixels are normal BS"
I mean damn, Homedepot gives you a year warranty on plants! plant dead? take it back! but sony wants you to live with dead pixels staring you in the face, on a serious investment no less. Don't worry folks... I'll be that guy that ran up in gamestop and walked out with 12 PSP's (maybe it wasn't gamestop I don't remember)

[quote name='Usa Ghost']Has anyopne had any thing wrong with their PSP? Ive seen 3 dead pixels. I wonder if something else goes wrong,will they let you swap it out or what? Any ideas. I know dead pixels are the norm for Lcds,but im talking more in a general sense of "what if something else goes wrong".[/quote]

Mine had a couple dead pixels as well. We're not the only ones. There's a whole discussion about it in the Portables forum.

http://cheapassgamer.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=55999

Very disappointing. I thought they'd get the manufacturing probs fixed after the somewhat botched Japanese release. Apparently not. That's Sony for you. Everytime they release a console, you sense they're doing it by the skin of their teeth.

Anyway, it's a defect and you should return it where you bought it for a replacement immediately. In addition, if you bought your PSP from a store that offers a warranty, seriously consider forking over a few extra bucks for it. I have never considered a warranty for any system in the past, but after tinkering with the PSP for an evening, it just feels like it could break down in about 900 different ways.

-DM

I have heard that GR is giving $5 extra trade in credit on all games, but this thread says that it's only if you trade in 3 games. Which is true?

[quote name='Matt Young']I have heard that GR is giving $5 extra trade in credit on all games, but this thread says that it's only if you trade in 3 games. Which is true?[/QUOTE]
As usual, these things vary by store but I believe officially you need to trade in at least 3.

Question will the trade in 2 get any game for $30 work on PSP games and when does this offer end?

They may be mentioned here but I don't really want to search through 30 pages of posts.

I hate to break up the PSP discussion and all, lol, but here's a trade I did today, prices include the extra $5:

Xbox Madden 2005 : $19
GC MVP Baseball 2004 : $13
GC R Racing Evolution : $8

The R Racing was bought at TRU for $1.50...it came with Pac-Man VS, which I kept ;) And I got to double dip, pre-ordered Rainbow Six Lockdown for the Xbox.

[quote name='buster90']Question will the trade in 2 get any game for $30 work on PSP games and when does this offer end?

They may be mentioned here but I don't really want to search through 30 pages of posts.[/QUOTE]Yes it will work on PSP games, but if the game is $39.99, it will only drop to $29.99. If the game is $49.99, then it will still drop to $29.99.

This is my first time not reading through a GameRush thread, but with the high number of posts, and not going to this thread for about a week, I can't read that many posts. :lol:

Any big updates besides the PSP and all of the games (except Tiger Woods, I think I read) being available?

they wouldn't let me do both deals :(

these are without the extra 5

nba street 3 - 30
paper mario gcube - 25
baseball 2k5 - 10
mario sunshine - 8

I traded in a buttload of games today here the values of my trades:

Prices include the extra $5 per game.

Vexx Xbox- $12
Dark Cloud PS2- $6.50
SSX Tricky PS2- $10.00
Pro Race Driver PS2- $12.00
The Hulk Xbox- $10.00
Mission Impossible PS2- $6.50
Playboy Mansion Xbox- $32.00
NCAA Gamebreaker 2004 pS2- $8.00
Pikmin 2 Gamecube- $30.00
Galleon Xbox - $23.00

Walked away with $150.00 in credit. Paid $8 for Galleon on Gamefly should I bought more!

I asked an employee today when the current trade in deal would end. After checking the "black GR binder" he told me they would last untill about September. Anyone heard anything different?

my gr would not allow a double dip

i traded in ghost recon 2 for 25 and eternal darkness for 8

got god of war for free

GR2 was a free game for christmas that i hated and i rebought ED because i have a complete copy

going back at some junction to preorder forza

I've noticed a couple of PSP games become suddenly available at Gamerush (namely Tiger Woods and Untold Legends) over the past two days. I was finally able to find Legends today at a Gamerush that didn't have any in Thursday or Friday. I guess it's taking longer than thought to get the games out to stores.

Trade in prices with the extra $5.

GBA
Jurassic Park 3: Park Builder - $6.50
Super Mario Advance (SMB 2) - $14
Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 2 - $7.00

Xbox
007 Everything or Nothing - $13
Crazy Taxi 3 - $13
Oddworld: Munch - $8
Psi-Ops - $13
Timesplitters 2 - $13

Trade in Value for Auto Modellista (GC) is $20, plus $5 makes it the greatest trade in value ever for such a crappy unpopular game. :)

[quote name='JAMMR']Trade in Value for Auto Modellista (GC) is $20, plus $5 makes it the greatest trade in value ever for such a crappy unpopular game. :)[/QUOTE]

what do they give for auto modellista with the extra $5? (20 or 25) tomorrow im buying a gamecube from a friend (awesome deal, $55 with 2 controllers,1 wireless, and a memory card.) i am going to get RE4, but i wish GR still had the buy 2 $20 games for 30 bucks though. i really want to get viewtiful joe and metroid prime. i guess ill have to go to best buy

[quote name='deadite76']I asked an employee today when the current trade in deal would end. After checking the "black GR binder" he told me they would last untill about September. Anyone heard anything different?[/QUOTE]
same here for the 2 for 29 deal, also they let me exchange my psp with the dead pixel but i had to go through 4 of them in total. I just stood there and the employee was just in disbelief on how many psp's in their stock had dead pixels, or scratched screens.

Posting my trades that I did today:

GB Player w/start up disc - $16
EyeToy w/Antigrav - $25
NDS - Super Mario 64 - $17.50
GBA - Mega Man Battle Network 4 - $16.00
GC - Prince of Persia Warrior Within - $30.00
XB - Strike Force Bowling - $12.00
XB - NBA Live 2004 - $13.00
XB - Triggerman - $12.00
XB - High Heat Baseball 2004 - $8.00

Games include extra $5 bucks each.

GBA - Snood - $2.00
XB - Future Tactics - $1.50
(The two above used to get new game for $29.99)

The crazy thing is that what I paid for all the stuff above.

I paid $5 each for the XB games: $25 traded up to $46.50
Paid $15 total for the GB Player, GBA games: $34.00 in trade value
Eyetoy bundle was bought for $14: $25.00 trade value
GC - POP:WW was bought for $10: $30.00 in trade value
NDS - SM64 was bought for $10: traded up in value of $17.50
Total spent/total credit: $74.00/$153.00($173.00 with coupon for new game)

Bought two new games, an Special Edition XB controller for MK and still have $60+ in credit.

These trade include the extra $5:

Xbox - Beyond Good and Evil - $13
Xbox - Rayman 3 - $13
Xbox - Breakdown - $12
PS2 - Onimusha Warlords - $8
PS2 - Gran Turismo 3 - $8
PS2 - Maximo: GTG - $6.50

I got lucky and went on a day somebody I know was working. He let me trade in a GT3 which had no case or manual. I tried to trade it before and they wouldn't take it. He also let me do the trade 2 deal and I got God of War.

I asked him about the PSP and the dead pixel situation. He told me that his location's Psps were fine. However, he knows a manager at another location who opened and defected 6 before finding that was ok. Looks like I'm going to wait a little longer.

With the extra $5:

Harvest Moon GBA - $17.50!
Excitebike GBA - $7.00
Megaman and Bass - $7.00
Wade Hixton's Counter Punch - $10.00
Skies of Arcadia Legends - $13.00
Tekken 5 - $40.00

I bought Tekken 5 on the $29.99 deal and it wasn't really my cup of tea, so I traded it in. Hopefully I don't get accused of flipping games.

I traded in two cheap ass games...I forget which ones, but they would NOT let me double dip this time....the other time, they did.

I picked up TimeSplitters:FP with it though. Not bad since I had $150 credit (now $125)

I still will probably trade in a few more games, just to get m extra $5. If lucky, they will double dip, but I'm not sure what to Pre-Order anymore.

[quote name='AzianAsspicker']same here for the 2 for 29 deal, also they let me exchange my psp with the dead pixel but i had to go through 4 of them in total. I just stood there and the employee was just in disbelief on how many psp's in their stock had dead pixels, or scratched screens.[/QUOTE]
This sounds Incredible based on the fact that I purchased 3 PSP from different GameRush stores... none of them having a single problem. I now have a zero balance on my store credit. It was fun while it lasted.
Maybe I can do it again when PS3 comes out???

[quote name='spin03']what do they give for auto modellista with the extra $5? (20 or 25) tomorrow im buying a gamecube from a friend (awesome deal, $55 with 2 controllers,1 wireless, and a memory card.) i am going to get RE4, but i wish GR still had the buy 2 $20 games for 30 bucks though. i really want to get viewtiful joe and metroid prime. i guess ill have to go to best buy[/QUOTE]
It is $25 with the $5 included. They sell AM for $34.99 Used.

trade in prices (includes $5 extra):

xbox:

star wars battlefront - 30
sudeki - 13
red faction 2 - 12
red dead revolver - 12
fuzion frenzy - 12
metal arms: glitch in the system - 12
speed kings - 13
phantom dust - 12
midway arcade treasures 2 - 12
crimson sea - 13

ps2:

la pucelle tactics - 15

Any GR in the Los Angeles area still double dip? I do believe the Arcadia, CA GR is still doing it, but I just want to know (as I'm sure other CAGs might want to know as well) if there are any other that does it.

[quote name='vanlandw']my gr would not allow a double dip

i traded in ghost recon 2 for 25 and eternal darkness for 8

got god of war for free

GR2 was a free game for christmas that i hated and i rebought ED because i have a complete copy

going back at some junction to preorder forza[/QUOTE]

so those prices dont include the extra 5 correct?

[quote name='SOSTrooper']Any GR in the Los Angeles area still double dip? I do believe the Arcadia, CA GR is still doing it, but I just want to know (as I'm sure other CAGs might want to know as well) if there are any other that does it.[/QUOTE]

the san dimas store is still cool with it...

Anybody knows if Final Fantasy XII is in the system for preorder yet? I am running out of games to trade in! I want to preorder that on my last batch of games.

So, does anyone know what these XBOX games get?
GoldenEye:Rogue Agent
GTA (2-pack) - $23 maybe?
Test Drive:Eve of Destruction
Outlaw Golf 2

Thanks

[quote name='newbie2000']Anybody knows if Final Fantasy XII is in the system for preorder yet? I am running out of games to trade in! I want to preorder that on my last batch of games.[/QUOTE]
It is. I preordered it and Kingdom Hearts II.

[quote name='Gojtron']New Zelda's in the system. Moved my Jade Empire preorder over after not digging the demo.[/QUOTE]

thanks for the info. ill probably preorder zelda once i have 2 games that i personally own that i wont play anymore. it wont be out for at least another 6 months, and i dont really want to go to gamestop and pick up 2-3 cheapies. im going to preorder lockdown today, that will be 8 games PIF

are they still taking the walmart 3 pack as trade fodder? I need to find some really cheap games to get on the trade 2 for 1 deal, seeing as alot of the stores wont do both deals.

I heard that Gamerush is sending out faxes about combing deals. after doing the 2 for $30 deal and asking what happened to the extra $5 the guy told me that there is now a limit of "one deal per day and they just got a fax about it" what ever that means, because i came back an hour later and traded in 2 more games for the 2 for $30 deal but I couldn't do the xtra $5 deal

[quote name='jetblac']I heard that Gamerush is sending out faxes about combing deals. after doing the 2 for $30 deal and asking what happened to the extra $5 the guy told me that there is now a limit of "one deal per day and they just got a fax about it" what ever that means, because i came back an hour later and traded in 2 more games for the 2 for $30 deal but I couldn't do the xtra $5 deal[/QUOTE]

I hope not, I'm gonna go try trading and getting more games later today.

anyone have luck double dipping in Los Angeles?

anyone know what these games garner?
ps2
XIII
Baldur's gate I and II
Timesplitters

Gamecube
Metroid
Super Mario Sunshine

Xbox
Breakdown
Unreal Champ

do they require the games to be complete?

[quote name='jetblac']I heard that Gamerush is sending out faxes about combing deals. after doing the 2 for $30 deal and asking what happened to the extra $5 the guy told me that there is now a limit of "one deal per day and they just got a fax about it" what ever that means, because i came back an hour later and traded in 2 more games for the 2 for $30 deal but I couldn't do the xtra $5 deal[/QUOTE]

did you only trade 2 in at the time? You need at least 3 to get the extra 5. I'm guessing you just worded it wrong though. If so, thanks for the heads up. At least I got to double dip a few times before it was gone.

GameRush Trade Transaction

Prices include $5 bonus

PS2-Siren $13.00
XB-Splinter Cell PT $12.00
XB-Beyond Good/Evil $13.00
XB-Mercenaries $35.00

[quote name='Zennousha']It is. I preordered it and Kingdom Hearts II.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the info. I think I will definitely preorder that then. Regarding the walmart 3-pack, it still costs 10 here. But you'll get 21 (w/ the $5 bonus) when you trade them all in.

Just got back from the GR in Denton, TX (I-35, blah blah blah), and they allowed me to double dip - the lady was very nice about it.

Traded in:
Xbox 1st party controller - $20 (I didn't need it)

Games with $5:

GC:
Mario Kart: Double Dash!! - $23 (have another copy, why keep this one?)
Beyond Good and Evil: $10

Xbox:
Deus Ex: Invisible War: $10
Burnout 2: $13
Manhunt: $13
XIII: $8
Mission: Impossible : Operation Surma: $10

PS2:
Fatal Frame II: $19 (the one game I regret trading in....)

Preordered:
Doom 3 CE
Jade Empire CE
Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory

Bought:
Ys: AoN (nothing else caught my mind at the time, so I just grabbed something)

For those asking about double dips in Los Angeles....

Westchester,CA

(on Sepulveda, near the airport)

Ok, so I traded in like 10 games today. A few GBA games.

After I got the credit the guy asked me if I wanted to pick up any new games for $29.99. So I bought God of War, DMC3, and Republic Commando.

The game advisor, Anthony, at this location is cool, he's helped me before.

Culver City, CA

They still allow double dips. I was there today, Don is the game advisor and he is awesome and he knows a decent amount about upcoming games/etc.

bread's done
Back