Someone else can make a new GameRush thread.

waffles 'n' syrup

CAGiversary!
Wshakspear or CoreyCubed or drfrielgood or someone else that has been a major contributor to the GameRush threads can make the next GameRush thread if the 500 post thing is still going on with the change of boards. You guys can still make a new thread if you want to, and lock this one up.

I'm not sure if I'll be on CAG much anymore. It's just not fun like it was a year ago. I might be here every once in awhile, but I think I'd rather do other things now. CAG isn't what I need to be doing. I should be working hard and focusing on what I need to do in my life.

I'll be sure to check this thread for GameRush deals when new ones start. Thanks for everybodys help in making these GameRush threads so popular. It made me feel like I was doing something to contribute to CAG. :)

Do they check hardware if you trade it in to see if it works? I was wondering if they were like EB where they ship the hardware to get refurbished (so I think)..

I wanted to trade in an xbox controller....

Is the Farmington Hills, MI Gamerush still letting people double dip? I want to pre-order a few games, but I am worried about this fax that might be out there.

Does anybody know if Gamerush is taking PSP memory cards on trade-in yet? I imagine there will be demand for them as soon as the non-value pack is available. I have no use for this 32MB card.

No one really replied to my other thread so maybe I should ask here. Anyone know what these PS2 games get for trade in at Gamerush?

All PS2

Corvette/Drag Racing
Smugglers Run/Ford Racing 2
HardHitter Tennis/Fisherman's Bassclub
SuperTrucks Racing/Starsky and Hutch

They come in two packs at Wal-Mart for $9.88, these could be used to make some great trade ins if they fetch a half way decent price.

Well, if you pick up 3 packs....you can at least get your $30 back (with trade 3 deal) + probably about $1.50 or $3 more per title.

So, you may not make much at all.....

Went to the St. Clair Shores, MI location yesterday, trade in these 5 games.

(All Xbox)

Dave Mirra 2 - $3*
Tony Hawk 3 - $5
Counterstrike - $8*
Oddworld: Munch's Oddysee - $3
Genma Onimusha - $3
Enclave - $3

I got the $5 additional on all but two of them, and then got Chaos Theory for $30 using the credit. The best part is that all those games combined cost me $30. (Part of CC $5 games, won one from XBA, bought two off TGN.)

Anyways. they didn't let me double dip, but I was able to do both deals at the same time.

[quote name='MixMasta']Went to the St. Clair Shores, MI location yesterday, trade in these 5 games.

(All Xbox)

Dave Mirra 2 - $3*
Tony Hawk 3 - $5
Counterstrike - $8*
Oddworld: Munch's Oddysee - $3
Genma Onimusha - $3
Enclave - $3

I got the $5 additional on all but two of them, and then got Chaos Theory for $30 using the credit. The best part is that all those games combined cost me $30. (Part of CC $5 games, won one from XBA, bought two off TGN.)

Anyways. they didn't let me double dip, but I was able to do both deals at the same time.[/QUOTE]

Isn't that double dipping, since you did both deal at once?

[quote name='doubledown']Isn't that double dipping, since you did both deal at once?[/QUOTE]

It wasn't double dipping because he said two games didn't get the extra $5 since he used those 2 games to get Chaos Theory for $30. Basically he did two separate deals.

Well I went to pick up my Splinter Cell CE edition yesterday and as predicted, they we're not getting them in, so I was refunded the full 49.99, which is actually much better for me anyways :)

More credit for more presells. Now if my ebgames used order would arrive I could buy some more stuff.

yes they check hardware quality. most have a tv there that they hook it up to to test. from what ive seen it has to be full functional and have everything that came with is including the controller and the wires.

Traded in 5 more games yesterday at the Denton store...looks like double-dipping is a no-no now, which is why I had 5 games on me.

Final Fantasy: Crystal Chronicles
Metal Arms (PS2)
Drakengard
Forever Kingdom
Shenmue 2

I wish I could tell you the values on these, but they didn't give me the trade-in receipt back....(the employee had no clue how to do this, but it was ok) I just remembered that FF: CC fetched $16 (that was with the $5 bonus), Forever Kingdom was worth $15 ($10+$5 credit I believe), then the rest are sort of hit or miss. All in all, I got ~$57 store credit: preordered Atelier Iris: Eternal Mana and scooped up a used copy of Suikoden III.

Anybody knows if GAMERUSH keep PSP's serial # linked to the exact transaction when you buy PSP from them. I asked this because I bought 2 PSP from two different GRs. One is good. The other one has around 9-10 dark spots in the middle. I bought the defective one from the worst store in my area. They refused to do anything and pushed me off to sony. I wonder if I could exchange the defective one in the other GR cause I donot want to take the hassle to send it back to sony.

The new Lego Star Wars are in. I didn't preorder one, but when I picked up DW 5 I saw them and I think I remember seeing a couple of users in here preorder it.

The best thing I got today was one of those big game advertisement thingys. I got the God of War one where Kratos is ripping off a gorgon head, and it looks pretty damn nice and helps cover up some of the speaker wire in my room. Gamerush employees are the best. Most are really nice, and Gamestop or EB never hooked me up with anything as cool as that.

[quote name='chior']Anybody knows if GAMERUSH keep PSP's serial # linked to the exact transaction when you buy PSP from them. I asked this because I bought 2 PSP from two different GRs. One is good. The other one has around 9-10 dark spots in the middle. I bought the defective one from the worst store in my area. They refused to do anything and pushed me off to sony. I wonder if I could exchange the defective one in the other GR cause I donot want to take the hassle to send it back to sony.[/QUOTE]

I just got a PSP today from my Gamerush and it doesn't have the serial # on the receipt, so my suggestion is to just take it back. Lie and say you only bought one if they give you any crap. Besides, the only thing they can tell you is no, so go for it!

[quote name='galvatron2k1']I just got a PSP today from my Gamerush and it doesn't have the serial # on the receipt, so my suggestion is to just take it back. Lie and say you only bought one if they give you any crap. Besides, the only thing they can tell you is no, so go for it![/QUOTE]

YMMV on this...at my store I comment all PSP sales with the serial numbers and other stores are supposed to be doing this.

[quote name='galvatron2k1']I just got a PSP today from my Gamerush and it doesn't have the serial # on the receipt, so my suggestion is to just take it back. Lie and say you only bought one if they give you any crap. Besides, the only thing they can tell you is no, so go for it![/QUOTE]

I am confused here. You mean all gamerush stores will take no resposibility for defective PSPs?? As far as I know. some GRs did do exchange for defective PSPs.

Or you mean the worst scenario will be a "NO"??

I was so pissed off by the way the manager handled it. For a retail store, you got to have a certain period of time for return or exchange. No customers will be happy if retail stores act as ebay sellers.

[quote name='chior']I am confused here. You mean all gamerush stores will take no resposibility for defective PSPs?? As far as I know. some GRs did do exchange for defective PSPs.

Or you mean the worst scenario will be a "NO"??

I was so pissed off by the way the manager handled it. For a retail store, you got to have a certain period of time for return or exchange. No customers will be happy if retail stores act as ebay sellers.[/QUOTE]

I understand that totally. Just return it to the other store. Do you still have the receipts? Are the serial numbers on that receipt? If not, I don't see why it would be a problem.

We appreciate you doing this for so long, Waffles. I know that I got tons of info from your posts.

On topic, what are the main titles right now that one can buy low elsewhere and that GameRush seems to demand?

NCAA '04 Basketball for Gamecube?

Auto Modelista for Gamecube?

Anything else?

Thanks for keeping things going sj, picked up my slack. I just kind of realized that once i have all the games i want and no games to just trade in...kinda makes this thread pointless...

Anybody know if GameRush has Lego Star Wars for Xbox yet or does that come out next week? I stopped by yesterday and saw the GBA version but the guy said they didn't have the Xbox one yet. The GameRush website lists all the versions as 03/30/05. Any help would be much appreciated.

[quote name='polobearjp']Anybody know if GameRush has Lego Star Wars for Xbox yet or does that come out next week? I stopped by yesterday and saw the GBA version but the guy said they didn't have the Xbox one yet. The GameRush website lists all the versions as 03/30/05. Any help would be much appreciated.[/QUOTE]
Wont be out until 4/5 at the earliest as far as i can tell. It didnt go gold at the same time as the PS@ and PC versions

I have created a new thread for Game Rush deals...please post there and I am currently getting the current deals posted.

If anyone has the old page saved please send it to me and I will update it back up there.

You the man Waffles. Appreciate your hard work. Take care and hope to see you around CAG...don't be a stranger.

I traded in some PSP games today. Prices are with $5 included...

Wayne Gretzkey $25
World Tour Soccer $25
Dynasty Warriors $29
Spiderman $32.50

bread's done
Back