Something big heading to the VC?

I'm gonna say, Commodore 64. ;)
I saw a lot of articles about this happening, so maybe it's true? I wouldn't care for it personally. I like retro games but that's a bit too retro for me. :)

I've never played Earthbound. Hell, I don't even know what type of game it is. But if it's it, and I can find a Wii by 2009, I'll buy it to check it out.

God I hope it is Earthbound. :applause: I love that game so much! Getting an actual cart anymore is pricey on ebay and having it on the wii would be great.

[quote name='BasketCase1080']you alll kno it will be something gay like mario is missing or mc kids for the regular nes...[/quote]
Have you PLAYED MC Kids? Its one of the best platformers the NES has to offer. I kept an NES (of the FC Console variety) on for a couple days just to beat it with a friend. Best $1.25 I ever spent.

EDIT: I said it once and I'll say it again. Saturn games would make me cry.

[quote name='Shion']Paperboy FTW[/QUOTE]
After that quote, it would be fucking funny as hell if it was Paperboy. Damn that would own.

I would love Mother 3. I honestly doubt it has anything to do with Earthbound, though. If it's anything as big as he's saying, it's gotta either be:

1. Something that wasn't brought to the US.
2. New games that haven't been released.
3. Games from a system that hasn't been revealed to be on the VC.

[quote name='BasketCase1080']you alll kno it will be something gay like mario is missing or mc kids for the regular nes...[/QUOTE]

MC Kids is one of the best platformers for the NES...I hope so!

[quote name='Strell']This is gon' be such a letdown.

I can already tell.[/QUOTE]

Given the hype, it could be a Reggie handjob simulator and people would still be let down.

With a few exceptions, of course. ;)

[quote name='mykevermin']Given the hype, it could be a Reggie handjob simulator and people would still be let down.

With a few exceptions, of course. ;)[/QUOTE]

Phbhbt. I coded that in BASiC years ago.

Seiken Densetsu 3 would rock, since I've never got to play with traditional controls or truly translated version.

But yeah, the announcement sounds a lot bigger than just one game like Earthbound, the only things I can think it would be would be the unreleased Fire Emblems, Enix's Dragon Quest games, or maybe even retro classics with online support like Street Fighter or Mortal Kombat. Or Rare games - that would be huge, as well.

Or shit, maybe it's old Atari games... remember the Jaguar? 3DO, anyone? Sega CD? N64 disc drive? Arcade Games?! Throw MAME on that bitch and watch as billions pour in.

they're finally releasing Bio Force Ape!!!!!!!

bio8.jpg

YEAHHHH!!!!!

Dreamcast: not that close to a decade old, not really what I think most people mean by "retro". At least...not yet.

I don't think it's going to be Goldeneye for a number of reasons, although the way Reggie addressed it in a very recent interview does give me pause for thought here....

MC Kids actually looks pretty good. I'd never heard of it before but from reading that developer's page it sounds like one of the most advanced platformers on NES. Damn, I can't believe I actually want to play some McDonald's game...

I seriously doubt MS will sign off on putting Goldeneye on VC.

The Angry Nintendo Nerd's review of MC Kids is funny. But yeah, I also remember that game - I rented it based on the strong graphics on the rear cover, and it actually held up as a game, for the most part.

[quote name='rickonker']DC games are pretty big, but that would still be cool.[/QUOTE]
They're big and I also really doubt that the Wii could emulate the Dreamcast. Saturn, maybe.

Ok I'm going to say either Mother Trilogy or Snatcher and Policenauts.

Yes let's be honest here that there has been a community begging for the latter two forever, badgering Konami about it and rightfully so. That being said, Roufuss's speculation about the entire Square and Enix back catalog of SNES games is equally plausible and I would LOVE to play "Treasure Hunter G" on it as well as "Secret Of Mana 2".
edit: Holy shit! Wait a minute, what if it's "Rondo Of Blood"?!

[quote name='mykevermin']Saturn games aren't plausible, (1) due to their size, and (2) if we discount the size, how in the world would discs be acquired?[/QUOTE]

I imagine that the compressions technology today would allow for the games to much smaller than they were.

Codenamerevolution.com has a little blurb on the story right now that recalls about 6 months ago when Nintendo was posting job openings for translators for the Virtual Console.

It has to be some sort of Japanese game that wasn't released here, so I think everyone's guess of the Mother series is dead on.

[quote name='Tybee']RC Pro Am FTW![/QUOTE]

Haha! I remember that game! I'd like to have it again on the VC, but not before Nintendo's Pro Wrestling!!! The urge to lay down some brain kicks is overwhelming even to this day.

[quote name='Lan_Zer0']MC Kids

Wiki:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/M.C._Kids

Dev Page:
http://greggman.com/games/mckids.htm

I bought this game as a joke when I got a ton of NES games from ebay last year. It has since become one of my favorite NES games of all time. Fun, challenging, catchy music, and Ronald. Perfect.[/QUOTE]

The ruffians on GoNintendo gathered around a microphone to watch Raw Meat Cowboy play...

[MEDIA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_4VnQmi_xaM&eurl=[/MEDIA]

Rated PG-13 for language and sexual references!

[quote name='icruise']They're big and I also really doubt that the Wii could emulate the Dreamcast. Saturn, maybe.[/quote]

Let me get this through you peoples heads, WII CANNOT EMULATE THE SATURN!! For one the games average about 3-400megs a piece not to mention how complex the saturn was. The thing has like 3 processors and can only be emulated properly on really high end PCs.

Never gonna happen

bread's done
Back