Something hard for me to admit as a gamer

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Hey now. I've had a string of ex gf's(most of which I met online cuz I'm the introverted/shy type and I HATE bars and will never go into a club) and I've determined that I'd rather game than deal with the hassle of trying to understand a woman and all of her stupid shit.

Of course when I was with a few of them I did tend to 'change things up'(aka play games w/ em and not of the video variation:evil:)when I got bored of listening to the same bullshit(aka I love you for who you are but your friends, the way you dress, the car you drive blah blah blah gotta change).[/QUOTE]
You sound like quite a catch.

I have the same problem, but I don't really work at it too much.

And I think it's impossible for shy people to have confidence.

[quote name='strongpimphand']what the....

PLAYBOY....NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Da fuck mane? That's like Rule #22 in the "you just don't do THAT" handbook.

You don't date women at your job. You don't date women at your apartment complex. And you don't date women who are close to your family.

First reason: You WORK with the women at work. You mentioned she was ugly when she first got hired. Well, you constantly work around an ugly woman and she starts to soften up on you! I've had that happen plenty of times. Horse faces become smooth because I got friendly with 'em.

Not only is it against company policy to have a relationship most of the time, but, it's dangerous if the shit don't work out. Try your hardest to turn this situation into a positive by asking her to bring along a few friends because your friends want to see that movie too. Smartest way to get out of a potential bad situation! Strength in numbers.

You don't want to work around a woman that might feel jilted, or a woman that might start to blur the lines between work and play.

Second reason: By messing with a woman in your apartment complex (or dorm if you got 'em) you're shitting too close to where you eat, literally. That's a huge no-no. Same reason as work.

You ever try to avoid a woman? If she lives nearby you, she can scope out when you're lying. Women are typically vindictive...and nosey. They ain't like a man, who will take shit at face value. You tell me you're out, I believe you unless its obvious you're lying. You tell a woman, and she wants to mentally and physically track you down. Once again, bad if your friendship/relationship turns sour

Third reason: You don't mess with someone who is close to your family because when yall go sour, your family won't care. They'll still want to see her!

So basically, what I'm telling you is unless you're planning on networking off this woman, you're making a mistake. Congrats on working up the courage of asking her out and such...but you don't shit where you eat. That shit rarely works and feelings typically get hurt.[/QUOTE]

OMG so very much this. I made the mistake of going out with a girl I worked with, and on the second date I found out how dumb she was, which was a huge turn off. I tried to end things nicely, but I eventually couldn't stand working with her any more and had to quit. I found a better job within a week, so overall it was good move, but if you like your job, you don't want to date anyone there.

[quote name='2DMention']I have the same problem, but I don't really work at it too much.

And I think it's impossible for shy people to have confidence.[/QUOTE]

Before I started dating the woman who is now my wife, I thought the same thing. I was very shy, and kept hearing about needing confidence to get women. The best advice that I heard was that you don't actually need to be confident. You just need to be able to fake it. It may sound weird, but it made sense to me. I was slowly able to meet women, and eventually started the relationship with my wife.

I'm sure I'd be like that if I never met my wife. I feel so insanely lucky that I never had to go through this phase, because we just sort of met and became friends, then eventually more than friends without really trying very hard.

There ARE girls out there that you don't have to constantly impress or have anything resembling social skills to woo. There's just... not very many. One, maybe two. And I have one of them. \\:D/

ArchbishopDonMagicJuan.jpg

I think strongpimphand has Bishop Don Magic Juan on speed dial. Very good advice, especially on don't go out with co-workers, neighbors, or friends of the family. DO NOT SHIT WHERE YOU EAT!!!!

[quote name='Brownjohn']
Before I started dating the woman who is now my wife, I thought the same thing. I was very shy, and kept hearing about needing confidence to get women. The best advice that I heard was that you don't actually need to be confident. You just need to be able to fake it. It may sound weird, but it made sense to me. I was slowly able to meet women, and eventually started the relationship with my wife.[/QUOTE]

If you are shy and start to fake confidence, seeing how people react to you should give you actual confidence so that's really good advice. And being confident doesn't mean you have to be outgoing, it just means you have to maintain the the c's, calm cool and collected.

[quote name='lmz00']You sound like quite a catch.[/QUOTE]
That's the thing though. I don't really give a shit anymore. Some bitch wants to end up liking me, tough shit for her.

Out of curiosity, is there a reason why you insist on living such a frugal life? Do you just have a lousy paying job, are you saving for retirement, or what?

As others have said, be confident, but don't be fake. Be yourself, only a moe confident version of yourself.

Buy you need to understand a few things about women

1- Logic is unkown to them. You may win an argument or make a point logically with your friends, but that never works with women. Using Logic only makes it worse

2 - Whatever a woman says she wants, she usually wants the opposite. They may not even beleive that themselves, but its true.

3- When you ask a woman 'whats wrong?' or 'what are you thinking?' and she says 'Nothing.' It's NEVER nothing. It's something. But she will never tell you. You need to figure it out for yourself. This is how you show a woman that you 'care'.

4 - Easiest way to make a woman comfortable is to get her talking. Woman love to talk, especially about themselves and things they like. Ask her a few primer questions to get her going and she will carry 90% of the conversation. Listening is optional. Then afterwords she will tell you how great it is to talk with you.

5 - If a woman wants you, and you treat her like crap, she will only want you more. if a woman doesn't want you, and you treat her nice, she still wont want you. A woman only likes to be treated nice AFTER you have treated her like shit. This again shows her that you 'care'. Dramatic rollercoaster rides of bipolar behaviour are completely normal to women.

[quote name='lmz00']Out of curiosity, is there a reason why you insist on living such a frugal life? Do you just have a lousy paying job, are you saving for retirement, or what?[/QUOTE]
Who, me? I just don't care to overspend on the latest and greatest(unless it's for my gaming hobby and even then I buy used or on clearance most times). I don't dress up for anything unless it's for work, a funeral or a wedding. There are NO other times in my life I would care to do so for.

As of right now I have NO job, so that's always a good way to keep from attracting someone.;) But it's not from lack of trying. There's just about nothing out there at this point. Then again I've done just about every type of job in my lifetime thus far, so I guess you could call me jack of all trades and master of none.:cry:

My last ex has a bunch of friends who are insurance agents, pharmacists and the like. They all made really good money. She was/is a CNA. Yet her 'dreams' for a house included some of the same items they had in their houses(marble or granite countertops, etc, etc, etc)and she expected me to help pay for such things if we somehow(God help me if I did)ended up married.

fuck that. I need A HOUSE to LIVE in. It doesn't have to be the Taj fuckin' Mahal and I don't care to 'keep up with' anyone, but she did.

That was my wake up call. There will never be a woman who will understand and be ok with my frugality. I just need a basic house, basic vehicle and I don't care if they're the best or not.

[quote name='Puffa469']As others have said, be confident, but don't be fake. Be yourself, only a moe confident version of yourself.

Buy you need to understand a few things about women

1- Logic is unkown to them. You may win an argument or make a point logically with your friends, but that never works with women. Using Logic only makes it worse

2 - Whatever a woman says she wants, she usually wants the opposite. They may not even beleive that themselves, but its true.

3- When you ask a woman 'whats wrong?' or 'what are you thinking?' and she says 'Nothing.' It's NEVER nothing. It's something. But she will never tell you. You need to figure it out for yourself. This is how you show a woman that you 'care'.

4 - Easiest way to make a woman comfortable is to get her talking. Woman love to talk, especially about themselves and things they like. Ask her a few primer questions to get her going and she will carry 90% of the conversation. Listening is optional. Then afterwords she will tell you how great it is to talk with you.

5 - If a woman wants you, and you treat her like crap, she will only want you more. if a woman doesn't want you, and you treat her nice, she still wont want you. A woman only likes to be treated nice AFTER you have treated her like shit. This again shows her that you 'care'. Dramatic rollercoaster rides of bipolar behaviour are completely normal to women.[/QUOTE]

although i appreciate the advice, a lot of these are just stereotypes and ive met girls that have proved the opposite. 3 and 4 are definitely true though.

[quote name='2DMention']I have the same problem, but I don't really work at it too much.

And I think it's impossible for shy people to have confidence.[/QUOTE]
I'm going to help you.

1) Look at yourself in the mirror
2) Think of a situation to: Make a happy face, a sad face, and a mad face.

Now,

3) Make a cool face, a confident face, and a serious face

These are the 6 faces you'll show a woman naturally. Every woman is NOT the same. You can't blanket coverage women. You gotta show them what they want to see, and what they don't expect to see.

This shit is a game. Your objective in this game is to win. You gotta show her what SHE wants to see. You gotta keep her attention. You gotta approach her typically in the opposite way you imagine doing so.

I'm sorry if this doesn't seem logical to you, but it's the truth. Most women gotta be fooled before you can really KNOW that woman. It's not like us men, where we can just let a woman know from the door what we're about. They play games.

So go look in the mirror. Put your best clothes on. Monitor your faces and adjust accordingly. Study yourself and ask if you need any advice. It's all about winning. It's all about getting the pussy. It's about winning. It's about not being lonely on the weekend unless you choose to be. It's about breaking out of your shell. It's about having the connections and knowing where the party's at. It's about being the life of the party without even taking a drink.

It's about...winning.

In fact, here's some bonus shit:

1) Don't talk about your friends when you talk to females. NEVER PUT THEM DOWN IF YOU DO!!!

2) Eye contact. When I do interviews, I gaze into their eyes. It shows confidence. Just stare when you talk. A woman's eyes tips off her next question.

3) Don't act a damn fool. Talk to the sly women with confidence, but don't talk dirty. Act like your grandma is near you. A gentleman who is confident.

4) Act a fool around fools. They don't want a damn education; they want a man. fuck anything smart. Don't talk about your degree - talk about how you get down. Just show confidence just in case they start playing. When they get silly, then you get serious and call their bluff at the right time.

I think part of it is just getting into situations where you're around single women. Parties, etc. Bars aren't too great because you usually find a lot of riff-raff there.

I was at a July 4th party this weekend and got to know a friend of a friend. We really hit it off at first with the same interests and attitude, but after she drank awhile, she really got attached to this other guy at the party who was much younger. I think they even slept together in the same tent. Oh well, she was wild and probably troublesome anyway.

[quote name='blondii8745']Coming from a girl, the best advice I can give you is to be confident and be yourself. Being over the top because you are trying to be perfect is definitely a turn-off. Oh and best pick up line, "Hi". Yeah, its simple but it works! Just put yourself out there and you are bound to run into the right person![/QUOTE]

This.

I know everyone always says, "Confidence" and that is actually a hard thing to achieve. But at younger ages, that's basically ALLLLL the criteria. I've seen the ugliest, douchiest guys pick up vast amounts of chicks. Just because they are so confident with themselves and say exactly what they are thinking and are straight up with chicks.

My advice? Practice talking to every person you see, smiling a lot and teaching yourself just to go for it and fuck it! It's not a big deal.

don't listen to these people none of this bs has ever worked for me.

Heres what I did, its about strategy.

Find a girl with low self esteem, she doesn't have to be ugly or fat but someone who doesn't seem to talk or has herself head first into books or something, this might take a while to find someone but your local library will help.

Make friends with her, say something like oh what book are you reading? or ask a question or advise or something to strike up a conversation. You basically want to make a friend at least in her mind thats what you'll be.

Be sure to ask for her myspace, facebook or number or something to continue to be in contact with her, you can always ask her out on a date after you've had a really good conversation with her as well.

rinse and repeat upon failure. I've gotten too many women this way. Book reading females are like video gaming guys IMO

Walmart is a really good place to meet women as well, esspescially around 8PM when College girls go shopping because I'm guessing your not very social, also have friends hook you up.

[quote name='fatherofcaitlyn']What would you define winning as?[/QUOTE]
whatever your objective is.

whether it's making friends, fucking, or both. shoot....my nearly fool-proof ways are even good for social networking! for the people who just want to be well known.

that's winning

[quote name='phantasyx']Walmart is a really good place to meet women as well, esspescially around 8PM when College girls go shopping because I'm guessing your not very social, also have friends hook you up.[/QUOTE]

Attempt this at your own risk.

I've never had success at wal-mart....Now THAT is just awkward because it's hard to strike up a convo without of course easily profiling their cart

[quote name='2DMention']The girl at Gamestop is pretty cute and I don't even have to give my name when I pick up a reserve. Could it be true love?[/QUOTE]

Yes. Go to Wal-Mart, get a ring, and propose to her before it's too late!

[quote name='phantasyx']Find a girl with low self esteem[/QUOTE]

Do not do this. Girls with low self esteem have numerous issues that aren't worth putting up with.

Very true

Low self esteem women are only good for quick fucks (one nighters). Anything beyond that....from peresonal experience, you either gotta save the woman (don't be a captain save a ho please!) or you gotta be ready to be called every name in the book by her when you break it off

okcupid.com

probably going to get married to the gal I met on there a year or so ago

failing that, just put out an honest craigslist ad. Anyone that replies with boobies is a fake but you'll likely get some decent replies. Go on a date with them, have fun, see them again if it feels right.

Seriously, girls aren't special humans that should mess with your circuitry. Go for walks at the mall or around the lake or some neat hangout place in your area. Smile and say hi. Start there. Then you'll realize that most people will smile and say hi back. Phase 2 is making a banal comment. "Some weather we're having", "nice day isn't it?", notice these are open ended questions designed to get people talking. Be aware of your surroundings, point out something neat, chat about it. Do all of this with no intention of asking this girl out or whatever. After you've been doing these practice runs for awhile, you'll start to notice if anyone is interested in your chatting, if they are suggest grabbing a drink, either of sophisticated adult persuasion if you're of age, or a milkshake or whatever the hell it is you kids are into nowadays.
Find common ground, not by asking what they like or what they're into. This is far too bland and will usually result in "I like to have fun", well WTF is fun? Get to the point where you can notice traits in people fairly quickly. Is she wearing boots? Ok, are they cowboy/biker/fashion/etc...? If they're cowboy boots and she's wearing wrangler jeans or smells like a farm, well she's probably into horses! Guess what, TALK ABOUT HORSES! Not as though you are an expert, in fact, if all you know is Mr. Ed, all the better! This allows you to ask questions and let her do 85% of the talking, especially about a subject of obvious passion.

Seriously people, this isn't all that difficult. You don't have to be rich and handsome, just be interesting and don't be overbearing with the "I want to get into your pants" vibe and you'll do just fine with the little lovelies.

also, do a lot of people watching where ever you go. Notice things. Is someone being a complete asshat? Pick up on what they're doing and don't repeat. Is someone seemingly cool, calm and collected? Follow them for a bit and study their behaviour. Take it in a bit and really notice everything. You'll see that it has nothing to do with fashion or anything to that effect. There's a certain "air" about people that make them attractive.

If you have a hard time with eye contact because it makes you nervous, go to a peel joint. Hire a dance and instead of staring at boobs, talk about something. Think of the girls not as girls to date, think of them as 10 minute dates and learn from your interaction with them. As long as the girl isn't too coked out, you'll start noticing that they all have very similar attitudes and traits (above the neck buddy, above the neck) which are "confidence" (then again this could be the coke), flirty, care-free and mostly somewhat dominating. Now you should start realizing how this all works in terms of creating interest. Most strippers are fairly decent looking so they can't compete with each other on appearance, they have to do it on the basis of seeming like they'd be money better spent than any other girl there. Begin using this tactic in your daily life (be inviting and personable) and you'll notice changes within a day or two.

Man up. Who gives a shit what people think? Don't change who you are - once you realize that rejection doesn't matter AT ALL you will be getting laid like crazy.

[quote name='javeryh']Man up. Who gives a shit what people think? Don't change who you are - once you realize that rejection doesn't matter AT ALL you will be getting laid like crazy.[/QUOTE]

Once the OP realizes getting laid doesn't matter at all, the circle of apathy is complete.

I know this thread is now an advice thread of porportions...but I went on that okcupid site last night and spent about 3 hours setting up my profile and uploading a pic and all that stuff...

...and whoa, if I were to use that site as a demographic of my town and my area, I'd be depressed!!!

I'm a black man, so seeing a slew of big white women ain't really what's up (to me). Some looked very cute though and motivated...

...Most had such strict demands for their future lover! Whoa!!! How are you going to demand someone who looks like *insert hollywood actor* and *insert hilarious expectations* when you're not the best yourself???

That's just bold. But I respect it. They'll know by their responses if they're asking for too much.

The women I were interested in though in my half-day viewing the site are seemingly people I think I could just run up on right now and hold a conversation with. Women put a lot of personal information in those things. Like their daily operations.

So I guess what I'm typing is be ready for a gauntlet of nonsense on that site if you haven't tried it before. But...don't take those results as what type of women to expect in your area!!!

Really I think people should just learn to meet each other in real life, might be easier said than done but keep trying it til you feel more comfortable. It's just normal, y'know? I guess I should be considered lucky that some girls even approach me as soon as they see me as I thought it's the other way around.

[quote name='AndrewCP']Really I think people should just learn to meet each other in real life, might be easier said than done but keep trying it til you feel more comfortable. It's just normal, y'know? I guess I should be considered lucky that some girls even approach me as soon as they see me as I thought it's the other way around.[/QUOTE]

Real life is very overrated and in short supply. Unless you have really common interests such as a local sports team :roll: or you're trying to remain in the bottom tiers of society, you'll waste a lot of time trying to initiate relationships with most people.

Anime conventions and raves are some great places to meet some great chicks :). Of course I don't pay to go to those to meet girls but to have a good time but while having fun you can explore and meet people too.

[quote name='AndrewCP']Anime conventions and raves are some great places to meet some great chicks :). Of course I don't pay to go to those to meet girls but to have a good time but while having fun you can explore and meet people too.[/QUOTE]

If you're looking for anything remotely serious, I'd avoid trying to meet girls at anime cons. Most are from out of town.

Small update, never went out with chick from work unfortunately not...I met someone better while I was hanging out with my friend. It was his friend's friend and I hung out with her yesterday. Things went well thankfully, so far I'm pretty damn sure something will happen.

Nice to see youz guyz actually trying to help this guy out, I'm proud of CAG lol. "fucking pussy, fuck a bitch" is always what I see these threads turn into on other sites and it's nice to see some bubble gum candy cloud triple rainbow in this thread from the heart fellow humans.

Good luck with this current girl Zenjiro, hope it works out.

Networking is the key of life.

But, keep your eyes open grasshopper. If you notice she's not fitting what you're looking for, or if you know she's not fully interested...use her friends. Get that face on the streets! Women need to know you're not some lurker in the dark.

[quote name='Mospeada_21']these threads are pure entertainment, because of the responses.

i love the comedic material.[/QUOTE]

x2 :bouncy:

bread's done
Back