Song Of The Moment Abbreviated To SOTM

Sade - Soldier Of Love --- interesting single. Can't wait to check out the new album
Dizz1 - 3rd Time Lucky (EP) --- definitely a DJ to keep an eye on
Soulpersona - Soulacoaster (album)
Paul White - Sounds From The Skylight (album)

Last edited by a moderator:
My Xmas Playlist this year consists of:

Pompeii - Nothing happens for a reason
Flickerstick - Causing a Catastrophe live
Keane - under the Iron Sea
Reign of kindo - Rhythm, Chord, and Melody
Rubyhorse - Rise
Some by Sea - On Fire! Igloo.
This Day and Age - The bell and the hammer
Mae - (m)orning and (a)fternoon EPs

So consider every song of the moment for me, a song off of one of those at random til after Xmas.

DJ Food - The Shape Of Things That Hum (EP)
Michita - Dawning (album) --- Come Here is one of the best songs of the year

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='senorwoohoo']
Sax Ruins - Yawiquo - fucking amazingly insane[/QUOTE]

Listening to this now. This is good shit, woohoo.

[quote name='rabbitt']Listening to this now. This is good shit, woohoo.[/QUOTE]

My friend, who plays some wild free-jazz, got me into a lot of stuff like that recently. Have you heard the original Ruins stuff?

Ornette Coleman - Change of the Century
Shlohmo - Shlohmoshun Deluxe

[quote name='senorwoohoo']My friend, who plays some wild free-jazz, got me into a lot of stuff like that recently. Have you heard the original Ruins stuff?
[/QUOTE]

No I haven't. Is there an album you recommend over the others?

Check out Hemophiliac if you can. It's a noise/jazz group headed by Mike Patton.

[quote name='rabbitt']No I haven't. Is there an album you recommend over the others?

Check out Hemophiliac if you can. It's a noise/jazz group headed by Mike Patton.[/QUOTE]

For Ruins, their shit is kinda hard to find. But I would say grab Pallaschtom or Hyderomastgroningem.

And I'm gonna grab that Hemophiliac very shortly. Thanks, mang!

The new Streetlight Manifesto. It's fucking incredible. Their version of Just from Radiohead is awesome. Julio is good too. Such Greats Heights by The Postal Service (not one of my favorite bands) is an awesome cover and great ending to fantastic album (even if it is just covers.)

This thread needs to be resuscitated.

Handsome Boy Modeling School - So...How's Your Girl?

Holy fuck, I hadn't realized how much of a let down their first album really was. I heard White People first, but still, I didn't remember thinking this album was so mediocre. Really only a couple of songs I really like, with the Del song being the best.

Of Montreal - Hissing Fauna something something - Wow, pure crap.

Whatever happened to this thread?

Nux Vomica - Asleep In The Ashes (album)

Very possible this is my favorite album of all time. Utterly amazing 62 minutes filled with aggression and sorrow and melody, and such a growth from the simpler sounds of A Civilized World. I cannot wait for whatever they do next.

The songs off of the The World/Inferno Friendship Society Vox Inferne EP, which I just found out was released earlier this year. I knew they were supposed to come out with a new album, which I thought was this EP, and suddenly I do a search and find out it's already been released. Can't wait for the new album now.

[quote name='SneakyPenguin']Photon Wave Orchestra - Echoes Across The Astral Wasteland

OR: Justin Bieber's U Smile slowed down 800%. I'm not kidding, it's a /mu/ project that somehow turned one of Bieber's vapid pop "songs" into a 35 minute long ambient soundscape. It's ridiculous that this worked, and reminds me of when they sped up Electric Wizard's Funeralopolis 200% to turn it into a thrash song.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for reminding me about Soundcloud. Came across it before, but couldn't remember the site. There's another similar site that I've liked in the past...

http://www.thesixtyone.com/s/tGctsAfw2Fp/

just for fun and because I actually like that song/mix of it. Anyway, what is /mu/? Edit: Nevermind, thought /mu/ was something 4chan.

bread's done
Back