Song Of The Moment Abbreviated To SOTM

Whatever liquid.fm is playing. One .pls file counts as a track right?
smile

Club des Belugas - Zoo Zizaro (album) ---- band just gets better and better
Blockhead - The Music Scene (album)

Last edited by a moderator:
DJ Seiji - 1990 Beat Emotion Library (mix) ---- thats one bad ass mixtape. One of DJ Seiji's best mixes which is saying quite a bit as all of his mixes are fucking great

Lovebug Starski - You've Gotta Believe (single)
Nero / Futurebound with Shock One - Do You Wanna / Tonic (single)
Little Dragon - Machine Dreams (album)

Paul White - The Strange Dreams Of Paul White (album)
Skye - Keeping Secrets (album)
Grooveman Spot - Smooth Strikes (mix)

saw this

This album... I don't know what this guy was thinking.
It's horribly mastered gangster rap about the anime show "Naruto".

and had to listen to it

Eddie Rath - Naruto 2009 (EP)

Artist: MF DOOM
Song: Garbage Day #3
Album: Metalfingers Presents: Special Herbs, The Box Set Vol. 0-9
Was watching Freestyle Session 11 with the volume down and this song came on at random and it is the perfect beat for B-boys and B-girls.

Artist: Killah Priest & Chief Kamachi
Song: Illest Ft. Planet Asia
Album: Beautiful Minds
Planet Asia steals the show on this one and that is hard to do with those two on the track.

Panacea - Ink Is My Drink (album)

What the hell happened to these guys after 2006? This is one of the best albums I've ever listened to, but the rest of their stuff is mediocre.

[quote name='rabbitt']Panacea - Ink Is My Drink (album)

What the hell happened to these guys after 2006? This is one of the best albums I've ever listened to, but the rest of their stuff is mediocre.[/QUOTE]

They peaked. :whistle2:\

[quote name='senorwoohoo']They peaked. :whistle2:\[/QUOTE]

yep. Scenic Route was pretty bad, A Mind On A Ship Through Time wasn't bad but no where close to Ink Is My Drink. Their new EP is pretty good if you can forget about Ink.

The Pyramids in Moscow album wasn't bad though. And the stuff that K-Murdock has been releasing has been really good.

Fatboy Slim VS Fredde Le Grand - Praise You 2009
Charlotte Hatherley - New Worlds (album)
A Fine Frenzy - Oh Blue Christmas (EP) ---- great EP if you dig Christmas music

[quote name='fart_bubble']that's not saying much[/QUOTE]
What does that mean?

Artist: Los Nativos
Song: Ocecuauhtli
Album: SXSW 2006 Showcasing Artist
Found so much music through SXSW.

[quote name='headpiece747']What does that mean?[/QUOTE]

just didn't like that album but then again, only kinda liked Mr Scarface is Back for his solo work.

Dizzee Rascal - Dirtee Cash (Phonat Remix) --- shitty song but great remix
V/A - Wu-Tang Meets The Indie Culture 2: Enter The Dubstep (album) --- the level of suck of this is astounding. Seriously, this album blows more goat than a Pakistani

[quote name='fart_bubble']just didn't like that album but then again, only kinda liked Mr Scarface is Back for his solo work.

Dizzee Rascal - Dirtee Cash (Phonat Remix) --- shitty song but great remix
V/A - Wu-Tang VS Indie Culture 2: Enter The Dubstep (album) --- the level of suck of this is astounding[/QUOTE]
I think Scarface's albums The Fix and The Diary are two of his best. The rest I don't listen to.

I am a big Wu fan but I could not buy that new Indie Culture 2 because it is just recycled lyrics over garbage beats. I don't know why they didn't just stick to the og format.

Artist: Rob Viktum
Song: Orangutans featuring Bavu Blakes & Element 7d
Album: Presents Progress - An Audio Tribute To The Cambodian People
Think this is the first time I heard Bauv Blakes.

[quote name='headpiece747']I am a big Wu fan but I could not buy that new Indie Culture 2 because it is just recycled lyrics over garbage beats. I don't know why they didn't just stick to the og format.[/QUOTE]

Didn't even notice that its recycled lyrics but then again I don't listen to much Wu or Wu affiliates material. Makes sense though, laying hip hop over dubstep does work but this on the other hand has no continuity between Wu and the DJs. Couple decent beats but nothing that is outstanding or make this worth buying.

Aretha Franklin - One Step Ahead (FeatureCast Re-work) --- this remix is full of win.
The Uptown Felaz - First Gear (EP)
Dublex INC. with Ashley Slater - The Game (single)
General Midi - Operation Overdrive (album)

bread's done
Back