Sonic Adventure Coming to XBLA

Id pay 800 points for this for sure, it was a fun game. Although I know its going to be at least 1200 points.

And Jet Grind Radio was amazing, it oozes style.

I thought JGR was mostly in-house works. Rob Zombie was added into the American release anyways. So I don't think it would be much of a problem.

Music can always be changed or relicensed it's not that big of a deal. I don't even think Sega owned the rights to Sonic 1's music at some point and they worked around/with that.

[quote name='SpazX']Jet grind radio would be a must buy. I never played the Xbox one, was it any good?[/QUOTE]

If you loved Jet Grind Radio, you would love Jet Grind Radio Future. Had a blast with both games, I still dream of a new sequel.

It was rumored for PSN as well as Live back a little while ago, so it'll probably end up on PSN, hopefully, with PS2 games as well. Gameshare prices for DC and PS2 games is awesome.
Since it was leaked for live, maybe psn will come out from hiding and confirm it's for both soon. Unless, of course, they decide to deny it up until E3, because it's just a rumor right now.

I love Sonic Adventure 1!!

Here's hoping that Shenmue, Power Stone 1 & 2, and Jet Grind Radio also make that jump.

sonic adventure i could really care less about, but there are a good number of DC games that ill be looking forward to coming out

Man, why haven't they made Crazy Taxi a XBLA game? That game was actually in the arcade.

I wonder if it will look better in HD then it did using a Dreamcast VGA box.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']3.5...dayum![/QUOTE]
Yeah, I think the game has aged pretty bad and it's pretty sad Sega didn't put any effort into the port (widescreen could have easily been implemented) but I'm not sure if I'd say that this is a 3.5 game.

Looks like they could've easily made it into Sonic Adventure DX as well since the DLC for an extra 400 points is avaliable right now.

[quote name='bardockkun']Looks like they could've easily made it into Sonic Adventure DX as well since the DLC for an extra 400 points is avaliable right now.[/QUOTE]

I was about to say. I guess Sega is in the Nickel and Dime game as well. :evil:

From playing the demo a couple minutes ago, I didn't really have a problem with the graphics or the camera. The controls felt really loose though.

So it got a 3.5 because he doesn't like the game now, not because it's a bad/lackluster port? lolwut? And this guy claims to be a Sonic fan?

Glad to see it released at 800 points, but with no 16:9 support and charging for DLC on day one (seriously Sega? Suck a dick), I won't even consider this until it goes on sale.

[quote name='lolwut?']
Glad to see it released at 800 points, but with no 16:9 support and charging for DLC on day one (seriously Sega? Suck a dick), I won't even consider this until it goes on sale.[/QUOTE]

Ha! I freaking called it. I knew sega was going to do this. Not sure if they had actually announced DX "features" as DLC, but I saw this coming a mile away.

The DX thing isn't a big deal. Just get the game and DLC and consider it a $15 game. But the lack of widescreen graphics or any enhancements is lame.

I got the import copy of this game several months before it came out here. At the time I thought this was the pinnacle of gaming. It defiantly didn't hold up through the years. Not as fun as I remember, but 3.5 is a bit harsh. It's not a terrible game.

Giant Bomb has a quick look on it(it's in the latest game room quick look). They only looked at the first level, but it didn't look good...

One thing I must've forgot after all these years was the audio. Was the voice audio always that messed up? Because, it sounded like it has that weird "lisp" effect that you get from really old VHS tapes.

[quote name='Nico0020']Ha! I freaking called it. I knew sega was going to do this. Not sure if they had actually announced DX "features" as DLC, but I saw this coming a mile away.[/QUOTE]
When the game was leaked, it was also shown to have the DX portion of the game as seperate content.

Interestingly, the "minigames" section of the game is gone. The Game Gear games are still in the actual game file though. So unless the minigames section opens up after you all of the emblems or something, it sounds like Sega didn't want us to have the Game Gear games. :roll:

Don't understand the hate. It's exactly as I remember it. I'll get it when it goes on sale. 3.5 is a bit harsh.. deserves at least a 5, if not for the soundtrack alone.

[quote name='Scorch']Don't understand the hate. It's exactly as I remember it. I'll get it when it goes on sale. 3.5 is a bit harsh.. deserves at least a 5, if not for the soundtrack alone.[/QUOTE]
Yeah, there's a lot of great things about the game-- such as the soundtrack as you mention. I still get the track from Speed Highway during the "At Dawn" act stuck in my head. When I first heard it, I instantly though modern version of Star Light Zone.

3.5 makes the game sound like an abysmal failure. It isn't. It's a 90s 3D platformer done at the speed of Sonic. If you play it with some 90s goggles on, you'll love it. There just isn't any reason to buy it if you own it on DC, GC, or PC.

[quote name='eastx']The DX thing isn't a big deal. Just get the game and DLC and consider it a $15 game. But the lack of widescreen graphics or any enhancements is lame.[/QUOTE]

I like you a lot, Paul, but you really need to stop trying to justify every bad decision about XBLA releases. You complain about not having time or money for new games, yet you blow countless dollars on crappy arcade games. This game isn't included in the "crappy" group (I liked it a lot on the DC and haven't played this version, so I can't comment) but still... damn.

Hey, I didn't buy it. :p And I hardly own any crappy arcade games besides Word Puzzle. Don't know what i was thinking on that one. But most arcade games these days are $15, for better or worse. I didn't expect them to charge $10 for Sonic Adventure in the first place.

The point is that advertising it for $10 and then tacking on the DX content for an extra $5 day 1 is bullshit. But it seems like you always give reasons why people are "wrong" when complaining about being overcharged, or why a game isn't that good.

Anyway, let me know when you're going to get your phone working again. It's hard enough to reach you as is!

I didn't say anybody is wrong in this thread. If you think $15 is too much for Sonic Adventure DX, that's your business. It doesn't seem like a big deal to me, especially since the base game will surely go on sale eventually.

[quote name='Matt Young']The point is that advertising it for $10 and then tacking on the DX content for an extra $5 day 1 is bullshit. But it seems like you always give reasons why people are "wrong" when complaining about being overcharged, or why a game isn't that good.

Anyway, let me know when you're going to get your phone working again. It's hard enough to reach you as is![/QUOTE]
Eh, I don't know. All they promised us was the Dreamcast version of the game (although they actually gave us the PC version that had the DX content cockblocked until you buy the DLC) I don't feel as though buying Sonic Adventure Vanilla is that bad for 10.00.

Aye man, I bought this, and it's freaking awesome. I don't care about no ratings. This $10 classic Sega Sonic Dreamcast game is awesome, bruh. Get this... now.

bread's done
Back