Sonic RPG Announced!

Well, everyone makes a shitty game once in awhile... I guess Bioware's streak of good games will soon come to an end.

Anything set inside the Sonic universe is an instant fail... I really don't see this being a surprise breakout hit like Mario RPG, simply because, imo, the Sonic universe just isn't... endearing enough, I guess is what I want to say. Other than Sonic, Tails, Knuckles, and Robotnik, who the fuck cares about the rest of them? And Sega has proven time and time again they really suck at making new additions to the Sonic World - Rouge, Big, that stupid robot, lame. Hell, even Shadow is just a "darker" Sonic, but it's not pulled off with the same greatness Mario ---> Wario was. Maybe Bioware will have free reign but I'm sure Sega will tell them what they can and cannot do and who to specfically add into the game.

I'm sure Bioware can make it an awesome RPG but I got a feeling Sega will have them dumb it down and the plot will be some ridiculous garbage like the Sonic Adventure games.

[quote name='Supercake']Finally, a Sonic game I will actually give the time of day. Maybe this will break the streak of bad games.[/QUOTE]

Sonic Rush already did that. RPG though? Really? I'll wait for Sonic Rush Adventure.

Let's take Phantasy Star, pervert it, and turn it into an online RPG.

Let's take Shining Force, pervert it, and turn it into an anime hack and slash.

Let's take Sonic, pervert it, and turn it into a portable RPG.

I am shocked the new NiGHTS game isn't a snowboarding game.

[quote name='VanillaGorilla']Let's take Phantasy Star, pervert it, and turn it into an online RPG.

Let's take Shining Force, pervert it, and turn it into an anime hack and slash.

Let's take Sonic, pervert it, and turn it into a portable RPG.

I am shocked the new NiGHTS game isn't a snowboarding game.[/quote]

Guess we'll just have to wait and see what happens then.

[quote name='Roufuss']Well, everyone makes a shitty game once in awhile... I guess Bioware's streak of good games will soon come to an end.

Anything set inside the Sonic universe is an instant fail... I really don't see this being a surprise breakout hit like Mario RPG, simply because, imo, the Sonic universe just isn't... endearing enough, I guess is what I want to say. Other than Sonic, Tails, Knuckles, and Robotnik, who the fuck cares about the rest of them? And Sega has proven time and time again they really suck at making new additions to the Sonic World - Rouge, Big, that stupid robot, lame. Hell, even Shadow is just a "darker" Sonic, but it's not pulled off with the same greatness Mario ---> Wario was. Maybe Bioware will have free reign but I'm sure Sega will tell them what they can and cannot do and who to specfically add into the game.

I'm sure Bioware can make it an awesome RPG but I got a feeling Sega will have them dumb it down and the plot will be some ridiculous garbage like the Sonic Adventure games.[/QUOTE]
Couldn't have said it better myself. I love Bioware, but I expect this game to be garbage.

But will it have "blast processing"? :lol:

Heck, it may be decent but the Sonic games were about the speed gimmick and that is about it.

[quote name='RyanTheGNR']hmm..well this is awkward.
I guess that guy beat me to it then right?[/quote]

Yeah it happens to the best of us.
This type of news is not general news anyways, it belongs on the the DS forums.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']Yeah it happens to the best of us.
This type of news is not general news anyways, it belongs on the the DS forums.[/quote]

Allright then, i only did this thinking this was a mjor annnouncement... lol.
Someone can lock this then, il move over to that thread then.

bread's done
Back