Sonic & Sega All-Star Racing and get Aliens vs Predator free

OddLogik

CAGiversary!
Instead of posting this in the actual deals section I first have a question for people who have bought Sonic and Sega racing to see if it matches.

I was on amazon earlier and for the game it says in the features that it comes with "Alien vs. Predator X360", thought it was too good to be true so I sent them an email about 2 hours ago and got a response saying

Hello,

I've checked our website and confirm that if you place the order for the "Sonic & Sega All-Stars Racing" in the X360 version, you'll receive the "Alien vs. Predator X360" along with your order as mentioned in the Product Features.

For your convenience, here is the URL for the X360 version of "Sonic & Sega All-Stars Racing" :

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B002BRYHUY
So my question for anyone that has the game is, is there a demo for the game on the Sonic racing disc for Aliens vs Predators and that's why they put that there or is it really a B1G1 deal?

Edit: Amazon may honor it if they don't send it with it but its not a guarantee, buyer beware.

Last edited by a moderator:
I purchased this game day 1 through Amazon and it never included the demo. So I don't know, the only thing I know they have in common is that there both from Sega.

OP, did you really just ask if a rated M demo was included with a rated E copy of a game? Really? I mean, it's branded "Family games!" and everything..

It's a typo, but you may get Amazon to honor it.

[quote name='Richlough']I'm interested, but I can't get it to work for me .[/QUOTE]

It wont show both in your cart, it will just show Sonic and Sega racing, but I cant guarantee it will work.

[quote name='Scorch']OP, did you really just ask if a rated M demo was included with a rated E copy of a game? Really? I mean, it's branded "Family games!" and everything..

It's a typo, but you may get Amazon to honor it.[/QUOTE]

I was assuming it was a typo until Amazon responded, thats why I wanted to make sure there wasnt a demo on it even tho I thought it was unlikely with the same reason you explained. Just wanted to get a response before I even thought about posting it in the deal thread and getting bashed, but I wont post it there because of the hassle that will probably be attached and the likelihood of not getting both.

[quote name='halvorsb']Look like an error, not worth the risk and headache as it currently appears. Seems an odd pairing too...[/QUOTE]

They are both Sega games, but yes it does seem like an odd pairing if it really is legit.

Sounds like an auto-mated response from Amazon, since they just say "the Aliens vs. Predator X360".

[quote name='Skoad']Sounds like an auto-mated response from Amazon, since they just say "the Aliens vs. Predator X360".[/QUOTE]

It was signed at the bottom with a persons name. My guess is that it was a person who wasnt very familiar with it. (And in the actual product features it says it with X360, so they may have just wanted to keep it in the same format.)

I bit the bullet last night. I sent one email and got a response exactly like the OP's. Then I sent a second email with the ASIN of AvP asking if that was the item I would receive and they told me yes.

This will be very interesting if it works out.

[quote name='Friend of Sonic']I bit the bullet last night. I sent one email and got a response exactly like the OP's. Then I sent a second email with the ASIN of AvP asking if that was the item I would receive and they told me yes.

This will be very interesting if it works out.[/QUOTE]

Let us know when you get your package, if its still labeled like that when you get it and you get both ill bite too.

This is very interesting. I think I will email them first, make sure I get a response like the OPs, then if/when just the Racing game comes I can forward them the email from Amazon CS in my defense.

I went ahead and bit, I have the CS response on file so if it doesn't come with both then ill just either ask for them to honor it or ill probably return it, although its a game that I want anyway.

[quote name='iNCREDiPiNOY']I just emailed to Amazon CS and will definitely order both after I get the response.[/QUOTE]

Its not putting both in your order, its putting Sonic and sega in the order and you getting AvP with it.

[quote name='iNCREDiPiNOY']WTH is 68042? Xbox Live Points?[/QUOTE]

No lol, its actually the manufacture part number and part of the UPC, if you type that into Ebay AvP will come up.

Here's the response I got was...

Hello,

When you see a "Best value" advertised on a search results page or on an item's product detail page, we're offering an extra discount if you buy both of the items listed.

To take advantage of this type of offer, you must click the yellow "Add both to Cart" button on either product's detail page to add both items to your Shopping Cart. The discount will not be applied if you add the items to your cart separately.

I apologize for any misunderstanding regarding how this discount works.

Please go through the page below for more details:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html

Now this is my favorite part right here! :D

If your order qualifies but you're still having trouble, please place your order and write back to us with the order number and information about the promotion. If your order qualifies, we'll apply the sale price for you.

[quote name='iNCREDiPiNOY']Here's the response I got was...[/QUOTE]

Hmm... thats interesting. Ill still keep my order going and contact them if it ends up just having sonic and sega racing, if it comes to it and they dont honor what they said to their response to me ill consider returning it.

wondering if anyone has received anymore email communications from Amazon or if someone has actually ordered this and received the game(s). Thanks.

My order has shipped. Hoping it shipped from the AZ shipping center that I sometimes get packages from. I'm really curious to see if the game is really going to be in there.

It didn't come with both.

The day I got it I opened the package and there was only Sonic Racing, I called amazon to see what was up and they gave the report to the promotion people. Waited about 2 days and got a response saying they will give me a $10 credit towards my next purchase. I emailed them back saying that its not acceptable and waiting for the next response. Its a really fun game, just wish it came with what they said it would.

So long story short, its becoming a hassle to get them to honor what they said but hopefully they will. Sonic is a fun game as is tho.

[quote name='OddLogik']It didn't come with both.

The day I got it I opened the package and there was only Sonic Racing, I called amazon to see what was up and they gave the report to the promotion people. Waited about 2 days and got a response saying they will give me a $10 credit towards my next purchase. I emailed them back saying that its not acceptable and waiting for the next response. Its a really fun game, just wish it came with what they said it would.

So long story short, its becoming a hassle to get them to honor what they said but hopefully they will. Sonic is a fun game as is tho.[/QUOTE]
That's terrible. I can't believe they only offered you a ten dollar code after specifically telling you through email it would come with the game.

As for me, they told me once, and then I asked again with the ASIN number. I have a very solid case for them deciding to send it to me.

[quote name='Friend of Sonic']That's terrible. I can't believe they only offered you a ten dollar code after specifically telling you through email it would come with the game.

As for me, they told me once, and then I asked again with the ASIN number. I have a very solid case for them deciding to send it to me.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, you have a bit more of a case than I do lol. I'm hoping for the best but preparing to be shot down or given another $10 to stop emailing them. They also told me that they put in a ticket to update the website and remove AvP from the details. I honestly dont think that AvP will be that great of a game but its the thought of getting 2 recently released games for $46 that I was drawn to. Good luck with your upcoming communication with Amazon.

Also, the first time I called they couldn't find the email response that I got. Either the person I was talking to on the phone didn't have the rights to see customer history or they just don't save that information, but then again I did click the link that said "Does this solve your problem?"

My game arrived (shipped yesterday in my own state, arrived today in my mail box) No AVP inside. I called and spoke to someone who was able to look at the email communications I had. She determined they made an error by telling me it would come with the game. So, she deposited a 60 dollar credit in my account (An extra 5.00 to cover for possible tax or if I wanted to up my shipping to Standard)

So I got very lucky.

[quote name='Friend of Sonic']My game arrived (shipped yesterday in my own state, arrived today in my mail box) No AVP inside. I called and spoke to someone who was able to look at the email communications I had. She determined they made an error by telling me it would come with the game. So, she deposited a 60 dollar credit in my account (An extra 5.00 to cover for possible tax or if I wanted to up my shipping to Standard)

So I got very lucky.[/QUOTE]

Wow, I hope for the same result.

What options did you choose when you called? Item missing from order? What all did you say on the phone? Did you sound upset or mad?

I just got off the phone with Amazon, the guy couldn't have been nicer, he was even small talking and telling me about his daughter that always tells him to get off video games. Anyway, he said it was an exception and that it was indeed a website error and that he put $45 more on my account (for a total of $55) because I have prime and shipping is free. Really glad with the outcome because I paid $46 for Sonic and Sega all-star racing and am getting $55 in credit towards another game.

The error on the website was reported to people to be changed.

The listing still shows AvP. I think I'll order and see what happens. Worse case they pay to ship it back and I get a full refund. I want Sonic Racing but not AvP. I would just trade it off or take the credit they give me.

[quote name='OddLogik']I just got off the phone with Amazon, the guy couldn't have been nicer, he was even small talking and telling me about his daughter that always tells him to get off video games. Anyway, he said it was an exception and that it was indeed a website error and that he put $45 more on my account (for a total of $55) because I have prime and shipping is free. Really glad with the outcome because I paid $46 for Sonic and Sega all-star racing and am getting $55 in credit towards another game.

The error on the website was reported to people to be changed.[/QUOTE]

Aw come on bro, you gotta order AvP or you'll get bad karma-- follow the rules of the "Deal". =p I didn't want to order AvP, there's so many other games I would have ordered instead. But they were cool enough to make an exception due to their error, so I'd figure I would play nice with them.

[quote name='Friend of Sonic']Aw come on bro, you gotta order AvP or you'll get bad karma-- follow the rules of the "Deal". =p I didn't want to order AvP, there's so many other games I would have ordered instead. But they were cool enough to make an exception due to their error, so I'd figure I would play nice with them.[/QUOTE]

I went with AvP because it was what I would have gotten, was very tempted to go with Splinter Cell or something like that tho.

Just got off the phone with Amazon. I placed an order for Sonic Racing & COD4. This morning I get the package and no AvP inside. After 10 min on the phone she tells me she is going to place another order for Sonic Racing (after she says that AvP is suppose to come with it) and have a label sent to me to ship my Sonic Racing back. I asked her if the same thing was gonna happen again. She promised me AvP would be included.

We'll see what happens. I'll call again if it isn't.

The listing does still show AvP in the description.

[quote name='sdcranford']Just got off the phone with Amazon. I placed an order for Sonic Racing & COD4. This morning I get the package and no AvP inside. After 10 min on the phone she tells me she is going to place another order for Sonic Racing (after she says that AvP is suppose to come with it) and have a label sent to me to ship my Sonic Racing back. I asked her if the same thing was gonna happen again. She promised me AvP would be included.

We'll see what happens. I'll call again if it isn't.

The listing does still show AvP in the description.[/QUOTE]

You got off the phone with somebody in India, they really don't give a damn or know what the hell is going on!!! I commend your persistence but seems like a lot of work knowing you'll be able to get both these games cheaper than what you payed for Sonic & Sega All-Star Racing in the first place.

I know she could care less and I'm sure Cindy was her "American" name. But if the next phone call doesn't work I'll send it all back for a full refund and they'll pay to return it. If I spend 30 minutes on the phone and get $100 worth of games for $46.xx it will be worth it.

I'm getting the run around. Theres some kind of communication issue. Either the customer service people aren't reading my message thurougly or they don't want to understand. They issued me a refund even though I didn't ask for it, because they think I'm unsatisfied with Sonic.

I called yesterday because my second copy on Sonic Racing sure didn't come with AvP. The first rep (which I couldn't understand) said to t
return the game and they would fix the listing then to reorder it. Of course they're gonna remove the error so I talked to a manager. Again, I couldn't understand her but she ended up giving me a $20 account credit to use on my next order.

So, I'm gonna return both the copies of Sonic Racing because they will end up charging me for both. Didn't work out how I planned but an hour on the phone for $20 isn't too bad I guess.

I finally got someone who understands the core issue of not get AvP. Heres part of the email I received:

I'm sorry for any inconvenience caused.

I see that one of my colleagues has already requested full refund of $46.85 to return this item. As you don't want to return the item we can't cancel this refund as it has processed.$

You'll see the refund in the next 2-3 business days.

However, I'd like to offer $21.85 for the missing item.

If you're interested with this option. I'd like to have your permission to charge your credit card $25.00 for the order. Please write back to tell us if we have your permission to do this$

If you'd rather return the item, visit our online Returns Center for a shipping label and packing instructions:

OR

As we've already requested full refund you can return this item and place a new order again when it's available so that we can investigate further and we will ship you both the items.

I think this means:
$46.85 refund + $21.85 - $25.00.
Just not sure about the refund if I don't return Sonic.

So I went ahead and ordered this and got Sonic yesterday, no AvP. I emailed and they were going to offer me 30% refund of Sonic which was about $19. Then I emailed back saying that was not acceptable because the first person assured me AvP was included and they would ship it to me if it was missing. Then they offered another 20% ontop of it so they refunded me 50% the cost of Sonic. I actually wanted Sonic so getting it for around $23 works out pretty good for me. It's better than nothing and I'm done fighting them for more credit since they could just have easily said it was a mistake, too bad.

if you get two games, trade the aliens vs predator to amazon for $30. one play through was enough for me. sonic racing is hours of fun with lots of tracks and characters

bread's done
Back