Sonic Unleashed Amazon Deals - Various

best thing to come out of Sonic Team in the last few years wasn't a sonic game... it was Billy Hatcher on the GC. Really fun game with a neat soundtrack.

As for this, I'll probably buy it eventually since my son loves sonic. But will wait for a good deal.

[quote name='CoffeeEdge']LOL, why? Have you either not played any console Sonic game from the last 8 years, or had you simply not read anything about this mess?

I knew this would be shit as soon as the "werehog" thing came up...which was one of the first things announced about the game, so...[/QUOTE]
But it's not shit. I really, honestly, think at its worse this game is average and at its best, it works as a really good reboot of the Sonic franchise.

[quote name='SonicPower']Anyone who has played the last three sonic iterations (Shadow, Sonic 2006, and Secret Rings) knows what to expect how bad these games can be.

Already, this one outshines the previous three.[/QUOTE]
Nah, once you gain a few levels to improve Sonic's moves, Secret Rings is the better game. Any interest I have in Unleashed evaporates as soon as I am reminded of the werehog junk.

--R.J.

2uptp20.png

[quote name='whoknows']Those reviews aren't that bad. In the IGN review, the guy says that he really loved the daytime levels. 7.2 isn't bad at all compared to what the last Sonic game got :p[/QUOTE]

way to pick the highest score from the list of poor reviews.
icon10.gif

The last Sonic game was Sonic and the Secret Rings for the Wii, which was also hyped to be Sonic's triumphant return and ended up getting scores in the 7 range. Though the game is much better than 2006's Sonic reboot, it was still an utter mess with tons of awful fillers in between stages to pad gameplay length.

My amazon 360 version shipped yesterday. Hopefully I can manage to play for a couple hours before wanting to break the game disc. Kinda regretted not getting the ps3 version, since with save download I can just skip it to sonic's main stages.

I know my post got stuck on the previous page, but did anyone else here get the $10 off coupon from Amazon yet in their e-mail or is it automatic on the next order or what? I'm kinda counting on it to pre-order Prince of Persia (which has its own $10 off next purchase coupon, which I'll then use on Persona 4).

[quote name='JazzFlight']I know my post got stuck on the previous page, but did anyone else here get the $10 off coupon from Amazon yet in their e-mail or is it automatic on the next order or what? I'm kinda counting on it to pre-order Prince of Persia (which has its own $10 off next purchase coupon, which I'll then use on Persona 4).[/quote]

You should be getting it within 10 days after the game shipped. Lately they've been forgetting or misplacing or something, though, so you might need to e-mail them. And then they can say, "Oh, this offer doesn't apply to you," and you can write again and they'll be like, "Oh, sorry."

I don't know what's been wrong with them lately.

Listen to the 1upYours podcast for a good description of the game. Two guys played it and discuss it saying the sonic stuff is great, and the werehog stuff is a frustrating dynasty warriors meets god of war style of fighting with lots of crate pushing. I used to love sonic for the genesis and non of these new sega games have had enough substance to draw me back in unlike the mario franchise who continuously reinvents it self with every iteration and does it well. I vote for wombat to get hired at sega and help them stop disenfranchising us old school sega fans and bring back some of these IPs that could be so much better than what they are.

bread's done
Back