Sony Blu-Ray B2G1F mail-in 3/16-4/17

dafunkk12

CAGiversary!
Feedback
11 (100%)
Credit to TomSelleck on highdefdigest forum.

Sony's started a new iteration of their Buy 2 Get 1 Free mail-in offer, this time valid on purchases made 3/16/08-4/17/08. Buy any 2 from list and receive 1 in the mail after $2.99 shipping fee. Requests must be made by 5/1/08.
  • Superbad
  • Daddy Day Camp
  • Surf's Up
  • Across the Universe
  • We Own the Night
  • 30 Days of Night
  • Walk Hard
  • The Water Horse
  • Dragon Wars
  • Gattaca
  • Dogma
  • Resident Evil - Extinction

Rebate form:
http://www.sonypictures.com/homevideo/blurayoffertax/

Fine print says "Not valid in conjunction with any other offer." Who knows how well that will be enforced, but there are several other B1G1F or B2G1F deals going on this week for maximum value, like: http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=175050

Previous deal:
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=166947

[quote name='hwong3']Let me know if they tell you anything after you call them since I'm in roughly the same boat.[/quote]

I just called and they told me to give it a little more time as it may take at least 3-4 weeks to get into their system once the check clears.

[quote name='KyleN']I just called and they told me to give it a little more time as it may take at least 3-4 weeks to get into their system once the check clears.[/quote]I've talked to them multiple times and have been told the same thing. Thing is, they've had my check cashed for a month, maybe a little more.

I'd suggest to keep calling them weekly if there's nothing on the website.

[quote name='shrike4242']I've talked to them multiple times and have been told the same thing. Thing is, they've had my check cashed for a month, maybe a little more.

I'd suggest to keep calling them weekly if there's nothing on the website.[/quote]

I called again yesterday, and they had me fax over a copy of my submission...will see what happens.

well, I just called again... this time I spoke to a very rude and not at all helpful person named cindy... she also would not let me speak to a supervisor... she said they have no record of my submission (even though they cashed my check over a month ago) and there was pretty much nothing she could or would do to help!

so I guess I've got mangled dvd artwork for having to cut up the proof of purchases... and lost out on my shipping charges?

hey kyleN - what's the fax number they told you to send your copies to?

[quote name='bearkiss']hey kyleN - what's the fax number they told you to send your copies to?[/quote]

It's on my desk at work--will post when I am back in the office on Friday.

[quote name='bearkiss']hey kyleN - what's the fax number they told you to send your copies to?[/quote]Fax # - 856 241 0912

I just spoke with them and they have no fucking clue where it is. :wall:

Amazingly, they have my check processed and paid, of course. :wall: :wall:

I'm going to print out copies of my cashed check and wave that in their face with the fax I'm sending them.

Just faxed over to the fax number above:

* Corrected submission form, since my old one had Superbad / 30 Days / Surf's Up as my 1st / 2nd / 3rd choices, and as they fucked me out of Close Encounters with Superbad, I had to changed my choices to 30 Days / Water Horse / Across The Universe
* Copy of POP bits
* Purchase receipt
* Copies of front and back of check, showing they cashed it on 04/21/08
* A nice fax cover telling them to hand it off to a supervisor and expedite it, like they promised me that they would

I'm calling them tomorrow to make sure if they received it or not, and see what they'll be doing with it.

Was just looking for the phone number to call up and ask--since it is still not on checkmyrebate.com--when the delivery person handed me my Gattaca. So I guess faxing is the answer. Faxed on Tuesday the 27th, arrived today (30th)--label says they shipped on the 28th. Might take longer for others--for me it was just going from NJ to MA.

I just spoke to someone named Carrie and she was very helpful. I told her about the cashed check and after looking into it, she told me that they're having some delays on the stock of some movies. She asked me to fax my information in, which I just did. Hopefully I get mine soon too!

They received the fax and it's been given to a supervisor for "expedited processing". :roll:

Supposedly should have the situation dealt with in 7-10 days. :wall:

interesting that someone else also called & talked to "carrie"... I'm wondering if that isn't just some code name they give out... sounds almost like too much of a coincidence that we both talked to carrie about our problems...

the carrie I talked to never advised me to fax anything... hhhhmmmm.....

[quote name='shrike4242']Shockingly, my entry is on the CheckMyRebate.com site now, entered yesterday afternoon after I faxed it in. :roll:[/quote]

Just checked and mine is now finally there too:
Tracking No: 17987442
Date Posted: 5/30/2008 3:53:00 PM
Date Processed:
Date Shipped:

Your SONY PICTURES FREE BLU RAY HD MOVIE MARCH offer was received on 5/30/2008

Holy back from the dead thread, Batman. :shock:

Checked the website for the last few days, and my rebate was updated to show that the rebate was processed on 06/10/08, and showing shipped as of today, 06/13/08.

When I called them to check on it, they said they they shipped me Superbad, which was the first choice on my original mailed-in paperwork, the one they couldn't find for more than a month. :wall: The real issue is that Superbad was my second choice on the prior rebate, and they sent that out. :wall: :wall:

So, it looks like they didn't listen to the multiple times I asked them about what choices were loaded into the computer, and that they didn't do anything with my faxed-in paperwork. Plus, when I faxed in my paperwork, I explained to them that I was changing my selections and why I was changing them, so there should have been no question about what they should have been. Under the assumption, of course, that they lost my original paperwork. :wall: :wall: :wall:

Once I get Superbad, I'm supposed to call them and have them send me a pre-paid mailer. Once they get it back, they're supposed to send out another title. :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall:

Hmm--I just checked mine and it says they shipped mine on the 13th--but they already shipped me a disc when I faxed them my info. Looks like I'll probably be getting another copy of Gattaca to trade for something else.

Tracking No: 17987470
Date Posted: 5/30/2008 3:53:00 PM
Date Processed: 6/10/2008
Date Shipped: 6/13/2008

Your SONY PICTURES FREE BLU RAY HD MOVIE MARCH offer was received on 5/30/2008 and was shipped on 6/13/2008.

Ship Carrier Method = FIRST CLASS PARCEL w/PERMIT Tracking number

You think that they just changed everyones info so they would stop getting bugged?!
This seems like way too much of a coincidence.

Got a shipping notice on Saturday for mine:
Details of the order.
Item Qty Description Shipped
GATTACA 1 Gattaca June 13, 2008
It was delivered today--so looks the mass Friday the 13 shipping notices were real, not just a coincidence.

My copy of Superbad showed up. Time to call them to get it sent back and get 30 Days Of Night, Water Horse or Across The Universe, since they make paperwork magically appear even after you've been told to fax it as it can't be found. :wall:

My guess is I'll be lucky to see it before the end of the summer. :wall: :wall:

One bit of brightness from this mess that is my rebate.

According to the rep I spoke with, they're just going to send me a copy of 30 Days of Night and I don't have to send back the extra copy of Superbad. :shock:

It should be shipped out in 7 - 14 days, theoretically less. :whistle2:s

We'll see what happens with that.

I received my copy of 30 Days Of Night on Friday, and they shipped it out right on Tuesday. So, I'm covered with what I wanted, and ended up with a bonus copy of Superbad.

Still not happy with they way they handled "misplacing" my rebate form, and no one having a clue about where it was.

[quote name='shrike4242']I received my copy of 30 Days Of Night on Friday, and they shipped it out right on Tuesday. So, I'm covered with what I wanted, and ended up with a bonus copy of Superbad.

Still not happy with they way they handled "misplacing" my rebate form, and no one having a clue about where it was.[/quote]

Yeah--this was very poorly handled. When they first started this offer, it was extremely well run. At least I got two copies of Gattaca out of the deal--now just need to find someone who wants to trade for one.

bread's done
Back