Sony E3 2010 Press Conference - June 15 (Tues) 12pm PDT

imag0020ev.jpg

Lets hope Sony isn't like MS and takes up most of the time talking about Move. I have a feeling they will. They don't have to try to hard to beat Microsoft's press conference this year. :lol:

[quote name='jman619']Lets hope Sony isn't like MS and takes up most of the time talking about Move. I have a feeling they will. They don't have to try to hard to beat Microsoft's press conference this year. :lol:[/QUOTE]

Agreed. I just read through kotaku's liveblog of the MS conference and I was surprised by the lack of announcements. A few commentators here and there have mentioned that Sony has some heavy-hitters ready.

Considering the huge titles coming out this year and early next, I think Move will have it's spotlight but will definitely be better presented than Natal. I mean, you have KB, who should be on stage if Sony knows what's good for them. You have GT5, Killzone 3, SOCOM 4, Move, 3D, possibly a mentioning of a new PSP...tomorrow is going to be huge. Fingers crossed for a GT5 release date.

[quote name='SynGamer']Considering the huge titles coming out this year and early next, I think Move will have it's spotlight but will definitely be better presented than Natal. I mean, you have KB, who should be on stage if Sony knows what's good for them. You have GT5, Killzone 3, SOCOM 4, Move, 3D, possibly a mentioning of a new PSP...tomorrow is going to be huge. Fingers crossed for a GT5 release date.[/QUOTE]

A GT5 release date would be nice. Some 360 fanboy said Sony Fanboys was bothered by the 250 gig hdd. Which I think he is crazy. I was hoping MS had some shocker. They didn't for once which is odd. They really let me down.

MS' conference was pure garbage... No real games were shown Kinetic... all shovelware; Should be easy for Sony to top that... but they still need to top it.

[quote name='mtxbass1']Giant motion controlled crabs.

Believe it.[/QUOTE]

Whatever it is. It won't be no worse than Microsoft's. I doubt its another tiger and some lame workout crap. Oh I forgot the amazing dancing game as well. What was it even called?

[quote name='jman619']A GT5 release date would be nice. Some 360 fanboy said Sony Fanboys was bothered by the 250 gig hdd. Which I think he is crazy. I was hoping MS had some shocker. They didn't for once which is odd. They really let me down.[/QUOTE]

It's funny how the 360 has just become a PS3 of 2006... and they had a bad press conference to go along with it.

[quote name='Thomas96']It's funny how the 360 has just become a PS3 of 2006... and they had a bad press conference to go along with it.[/QUOTE]

Yeah it did. You can tell the true 360 fanboys. They will throw up the PS3 thing even though its been 4 years ago and Microsoft's was this year.

I pray for Uncharted 3 news, bad ass move games (the Kinect is looking like a disappointment), and some new IPs.

In any case, I hope sony doesn't just show off strictly MOVE games. I hope they show off one the Move could be used as another control option for normal games (i.e. aiming in FPS and Action games).

[quote name='jman619']Yeah it did. You can tell the true 360 fanboys. They will throw up the PS3 thing even though its been 4 years ago and Microsoft's was this year.[/QUOTE]

Like I said on the 360 forums :

The little girl summed up the Microsoft press conference in one line; "Awwwwww that's okay Skittles" [we'll get em' next year]

On a serious note, I'm only looking for a new Eye of Judgment game from Sony, along with the promise (and failure to deliver) PS2 games on PSN.

Oh. And I expect that we'll see Final Fantasy IX launch on PSN the day of show.

[quote name='mtxbass1']Giant motion controlled crabs.

Believe it.[/QUOTE]

NEWER RED RINGS OF DEATH. Less cooling, smaller form factor, looks like it got busted by a baseball bat equals 100% RED RING RATIO. IF IT DIES. IT DIES.

The new 360 is basically a PS3 without a blu ray player. It's piano black, it has built in wifi, it has touch sensitive buttons.. I mean damn and I the only one that's noticing this. Out the box.. PS3 is still the best console.

[quote name='8bitArtist']i hope something is announced about sonys zombie game.[/QUOTE]

do you mean the one coming out on psn or is there another? you know if move lives up to the hype i hope they can come up with a house of the dead type game using it but instead of it being on rails letting you go around in full 3d environments with lots of items you can interact with and use in game.

like if your gun runs out of ammo grabbing a chair or other random item to hit them with.

[quote name='lokizz']do you mean the one coming out on psn or is there another? you know if move lives up to the hype i hope they can come up with a house of the dead type game using it but instead of it being on rails letting you go around in full 3d environments with lots of items you can interact with and use in game.

like if your gun runs out of ammo grabbing a chair or other random item to hit them with.[/QUOTE]

no, im not talking about dead nation on psn. theres another game...

[quote name='8bitArtist']no, im not talking about dead nation on psn. theres another game...[/QUOTE]

aw yeah another zombie game please let it be good and scary.

Any predictions on what kind of hardware announcement(s) there will be besides Move?

a) A refreshed slim w/bigger HDD, Wireless N, and perhaps some other minor enhancements?

b) 3D

c) PSP2?

d) PS3 price drop?

I can't think of anything else at the moment. :p

[quote name='DarkNessBear']All the Sony conference has to do is show ONE NEW game. Or ONE game that uses the Move well. And they will surpass 360.[/QUOTE]

All they gotta do is show off Agent then, and not focus entirely on Move.

But I'm expecting a lot more than that. :pray: Give us Uncharted 2, Heavy Rain, RE 5 with move support. Show LG, PSP price drop, a new PSP SKU and/or PSP 2 announced to be in development, show off Starhawk, show more of already announced games. Uncharted on PSP, RE on PSP. New PS3 SKUs.

[quote name='gunm']Any predictions on what kind of hardware announcement(s) there will be besides Move?

a) A refreshed slim w/bigger HDD, Wireless N, and perhaps some other minor enhancements?

b) 3D

c) PSP2?

d) PS3 price drop?

I can't think of anything else at the moment. :p[/QUOTE]
A) is very very likely to happen, I predict 99% chance of a 250 gb & 500 gb or something like that both with wireless N, but only 5% chance the actual design is updated.
B) They will show off 3d stuff, 99% chance.
C) 50% chance of at least announcing it in development.
D) 25% chance. More likely though that we see 250 gb become $299 & 500 gb become $350.

I read today that the FCC finished testing 2 new models for the PS3, so I don't know if that means new wireless protocol or for move...

http://kotaku.com/5562595/rumor-500gb-playstation-3-coming-includes-new-wi+fi-move

I really want to see more Killzone 3 and I hope we can see some Uncharted 3.

Also about the Sony conference being better than the MS conference--I thought today was just their press event, and their main speech (or whatever it's called) is tomorrow or later this week (where they show off their games). If it's true, we'll have to wait and see what MS shows.

I don't know what MS really has to show. Sony's been leaking details and confirming titles for the past month (LBP 2, Killzone 3, etc.). They surely will have even more games that nobody knows about.

Let's just hope that Sony knocks one out of the park tomorrow and starts gaining friends in the media--360 has had the limelight for too long. Sadly, they're probably going to focus on 3D, and if it requires a new TV, you can forget about it.

I'm hopeful that I'll see something new that I want to play. I also want a date for Valkyria Chronicles 2, but I'm pretty sure it won't be revealed at the conference.

[quote name='gunm']Any predictions on what kind of hardware announcement(s) there will be besides Move?

[/QUOTE]
how bout a 3 year warranty to stand by your product
yeah right LOL :shame:

I don't even care anymore. I think I saw everything I needed. Sony will just be GT5 delayed til 2015.... which is expected.

[quote name='VipFREAK']I don't even care anymore. I think I saw everything I needed. Sony will just be GT5 delayed til 2015.... which is expected.[/QUOTE]

It's getting old dude. Just curl up in your bed and cry your eyes out.

PSN+ will be detailed.
Everything will stay the same for PSN members. No worries about that.

Actually, they will get something extra for free thanks to PSN+ members.

I should stop now...

Give me a Gran Turismo 5 release date Sony. That is all I ask. I can go through all the PlayStation Move controller showings and everything if you just give me that release date.

backwards compatibility all around i hope.

ps2 and (doubtful) ps1 support on the ps3. ill pay a fee, thats fine.

if the psp2 is announced i hope theres UMD support because i already have an iphone, psp and ds, i dont need to add a psp2 into the mix.

final fantasy vii remake...

My wishes:

-GT5 release date, w/optional 3D and OPTIONAL move capabilites.
-PSP2 with dual analog sticks, not nubs
-More PS2 game collections(Sly Cooper collection already announced) and PS2 downloads from PSN
-A PSN+ that doesn't cost $10 and offers valuable features that make normal people want to pay for it.
-Uncharted 3
-A new Move game that isn't shovelware that actually uses the Move in new and exciting ways, that make more sense than using a standard pad.

I think most of that will come true.

Sony will blow everyone away with the announcement of Uncharted 3 in 4D. But one of the downfalls is that you actually have to do all of Drake's crazy climbing moves yourself and if you die in the game you die in real life. ;)

Time is closer i will pop in tonight or Wednesday to catch up. The nintendo one went well I think. i also think that the PSP2 will really have to compete. I hope that Sony is going to try to fill the gap with their motion controller and its game set. Lets see.

Sony has to dedicate most of their press conference to show why Move is better than Kinect/Wii, I'm sure they won't do as bad as MS and reveal a surprise title and whatnot but no way can they top Nintendo unless they get rid of Move and have it be core title after core title.

[quote name='Brownjohn']My wishes:

-GT5 release date, w/optional 3D and OPTIONAL move capabilites.
-PSP2 with dual analog sticks, not nubs
-More PS2 game collections(Sly Cooper collection already announced) and PS2 downloads from PSN
-A PSN+ that doesn't cost $10 and offers valuable features that make normal people want to pay for it.
-Uncharted 3
-A new Move game that isn't shovelware that actually uses the Move in new and exciting ways, that make more sense than using a standard pad.

I think most of that will come true.[/QUOTE]
I want GT5 to have 3D, but how could the move be useful in such a precise racing game? I can't imagine it better than a controller, and especially not a wheel.

bread's done
Back