SONY PS3 500GB Assassin's Creed 3 System Bundle $229.99

Well, my disk drive is breaking slowly but should I get this or wait till Black Friday?  Last Black Friday was a much better bundle for even cheaper.  It was $199.99.

PS399034.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Insanity. If you ever wanted a PS3, now is the time.
Yeah, I picked one up last week at this price and I'm really happy I did. Plenty of PS3 exclusives to work through and a lot of the older games are very affordable now. Uncharted 1 + Uncharted 2 GOTY for $15, Jack & Daxter Collection for $10, etc.

Not to mention all the free games from PS+..

Thanks, I've been waiting for this deal to show back up ever since it sold out last week. My current hard drive on my ps3 is as full as it gets, and it's the older fat model. I figure I'll grab a newer one before this one bites the dust.

I'd guess you will see competitive PS3/Xbox360 pricing around BF this year since the new consoles are launching in the same timeframe. I picked one up today because I'm looking to unload my launch day 20GB and 60GB ones but still need a blu-ray player until the Xbox One comes out. haha

Heh, look at all those idiots ordering 4 or 5 ps3s. Newegg is just gonna cancel their order, so why even bother?

PSN+ doesn't give "free" games when you have to pay for them :p Kind of a pet peeve of mine where people continue to say these are free games you get when you still have to pay for the sub and continue to pay to play them. Still a great deal for a ps3, I'll wait until next year though.

PSN+ doesn't give "free" games when you have to pay for them :p Kind of a pet peeve of mine where people continue to say these are free games you get when you still have to pay for the sub and continue to pay to play them. Still a great deal for a ps3, I'll wait until next year though.
Well it sure is "free" to people like me who are paying $10 more/year to play on 360 and haven't received free games that way... (not including the recent free ones)

As someone that has PS+ and loves it, I totally agree with you. This is really beating a dead horse though. People have been effectively socialized to the point where they don't understand the definition of the word "free" anymore. It's just like the people that tell you their smartphone was "free" even though they had to sign a two-year contract to get it.

Thanks OP.  My launch console sounds like a jett engine after 5 mins of being on or so.  After looking at the cost of potentially getting different fans and getting it reballed I'd rather just get a new console and be done with it. 

Damn it!!! Of course, always a great deal when I dont have the money but when I do, the deals are nowhere to be found. UGH.

I'd take the 2012 BF deal, it came with 5 of the best PS3 exclusive games.
Yep, I mean n extra 250gb is good but it's hard to imagine it being that valuable at this point in the console's life. I've got maybe 60gb on my original PS3 slim. There's also the possibility that the consoles will come in significantly cheaper this coming holiday, perhaps 100 or 150.

I'm hoping to see the God of War one go on sale again. I really only want the 500 gig if I'm getting a game I actually need. Otherwise, I'll get whatever the cheapest one is at black friday time. I already have one anyway. I just want a backup soon.

i shit the bed i just bought a used ps3 160 at gamestop for 229.99 to hold me over untill the ps4 arrives and its been over a month so i can't return it zzzzzzzzzzz

Who cares what the BF deal was? Is it available now? No.
I think a lot of people probably care. No one is saying not to buy this, I for example am in the market for a replacement ps3 but am waiting for Black Friday. Others may want it now but with a reference to the previous price some people may rather wait. Why do you hate informed consumers?

I'm hoping to see the God of War one go on sale again. I really only want the 500 gig if I'm getting a game I actually need. Otherwise, I'll get whatever the cheapest one is at black friday time. I already have one anyway. I just want a backup soon.
What was the price for the God of War edition? In the market for a new PS3 so even though this is a good deal I rather get a limited model.

My original PS3 from the Metal Gear Solid 4 bundle bit the dust on Saturday. I found a brand new PS3 slim Move budle for $299. I hate the toploading design of the super-slim, but it is extremely tempting to return the slim and get this, especially since I don't have AC4.

Its $300. It came with all 6 God of War games and a 500gb hard drive. It might be out of production though

Amazon still has it avaliable for 300 hopefully it will go on sale soon rather get that than this one with Assasins creed

This is a good deal but I'd still say wait. There's going to be a price cut prior to the new releases which means $150 or less along with gift card deals on Black Friday. The 2013 holiday bundles will most likely come w/PS+ & up to 6 games for $150. If only they'd bundle the PSVita too for $300 that'll be a deal.

Limit 5 per customer!
Oh, didn't see that. Last week it was limit 1 per customer. Guess they have a much larger batch allocated to this sale this time around.

I think a lot of people probably care. No one is saying not to buy this, I for example am in the market for a replacement ps3 but am waiting for Black Friday. Others may want it now but with a reference to the previous price some people may rather wait. Why do you hate informed consumers?
I don't hate informed customers. But comparing this sale to a potential sale 5 months in the future is foolish. Of course it's gonna drop big time when the holidays and new consoles come out. That's obvious.

Oh, didn't see that. Last week it was limit 1 per customer. Guess they have a much larger batch allocated to this sale this time around.

I don't hate informed customers. But comparing this sale to a potential sale 5 months in the future is foolish. Of course it's gonna drop big time when the holidays and new consoles come out. That's obvious.
no reason to drop the price if the normal person who did NOT PREORDER cant find a ps4.

I say ps3 bundles will be 149... you insane if you think your going to see a 99 buck ps3 at thanksgiving. you be lucky to find a 149.. more likely they will just toss a ass load of crap games on the 199 price

Thanks OP just ordered one for my son, I'm tired of sharing.  Was thinking about upgrading my 160GB to 500GB.  Anybody know if it would be cheaper to upgrade my old PS3 or buy one of these?

I agree with pat87. The price gonna drop as time goes by. If you need one right now and can't wait for the holiday, this is awesome deal.

no reason to drop the price if the normal person who did NOT PREORDER cant find a ps4.

I say ps3 bundles will be 149... you insane if you think your going to see a 99 buck ps3 at thanksgiving. you be lucky to find a 149.. more likely they will just toss a ass load of crap games on the 199 price
I don't know, they've been at $200 on Black Friday for a couple of years now and they're really packing in a lot of games. I think 100 is possible but I certainly wasn't saying that will be the price, just possible 100 or 150. I don't think "people not finding a PS4" is going to matter much considering that there was no PS4 last year and they were only charging 200.

I agree with pat87. The price gonna drop as time goes by. If you need one right now and can't wait for the holiday, this is awesome deal.
Exactly what I was saying. I even referred people to this thread from a couple of others on CAG.

There won't be any $100 deals this year(that'll be holiday 2014 when Sony tries to get one in every household as a Blu/Ray player) but I certainly can see three options $200 w/PS+ & a new set of 6 games, $150 base w/$50-$100 gift card & $150 game bundles(most likely the ones on shelves now). With PS4/Xbox One being brand new during the same holiday season I don't think stock will be that much of an issue after the 2nd wave since it's both of their interest to get as many sold right away.

I bought this bundle in store late last year for normal price, for this price it's definitely worth it and I'd recommend it to anyone considering getting a PS3.

I'd guess you will see competitive PS3/Xbox360 pricing around BF this year since the new consoles are launching in the same timeframe. I picked one up today because I'm looking to unload my launch day 20GB and 60GB ones but still need a blu-ray player until the Xbox One comes out. haha
There will be competitive pricing on the PS3 and 360, but they'll be competing with each other, not the new consoles. They will be targeting different groups not to mention it's not like the xbox in 2005, when it was as good as dead when the 360 came out. There is still PLENTY down the pipe for both the PS3 and 360. Gee... I wonder why they aren't backwards compatible...

Thanks OP just ordered one for my son, I'm tired of sharing. Was thinking about upgrading my 160GB to 500GB. Anybody know if it would be cheaper to upgrade my old PS3 or buy one of these?
It's cheaper to upgrade your old one. You can find laptop hard drives for $60-$100. Doesn't take long to do either.

It's cheaper to upgrade your old one. You can find laptop hard drives for $60-$100. Doesn't take long to do either.
If you can flip the old one for decent value (Game Stop maybe?) then its close to the same value plus you get a new system and warranty so you don't have to worry about the old one breaking down the road.

For what its worth, if you find a store near you claiming to have stock call ahead and get them to verify it. a Target near me listed one in stock and when I called with the DPCI to confirm they said it was in store...then when I got there they tried to sell me the Uncharted 3 bundle for $270 cause apparently thats what comes up in their system. YMMV.

There will be competitive pricing on the PS3 and 360, but they'll be competing with each other, not the new consoles. They will be targeting different groups not to mention it's not like the xbox in 2005, when it was as good as dead when the 360 came out. There is still PLENTY down the pipe for both the PS3 and 360. Gee... I wonder why they aren't backwards compatible...
So you don't foresee them dropping the price since they can't command 'current gen' prices anymore?

bread's done
Back