SONY PS3 SLIM Thread, AVAILABLE NOW $299, SHARE YOUR STORIES

[quote name='mwynn']Yes it does.[/QUOTE]
Okay, so say I already have a slim PS2, and an SD card reader, do I really have any other reason NOT to trade / sell my 60GB for a slim?

[quote name='MillerTime2523']Okay, so say I already have a slim PS2, and an SD card reader, do I really have any other reason NOT to trade / sell my 60GB for a slim?[/QUOTE]

you're lazy? That would be my reasoning. The effort to sell/trade an item for a similar item doesn't strike me as particularly worthwhile. But if it is to you, then, no, you have no more excuses.

The media server is great. medialink, mac users: medialink.

[quote name='mykevermin']you're lazy? That would be my reasoning. The effort to sell/trade an item for a similar item doesn't strike me as particularly worthwhile. But if it is to you, then, no, you have no more excuses.[/QUOTE]
Ah, okay - I just didn't know from a tech standpoint if a 60GB was worth keeping over a slim, aside from the backward compatibility which I don't care about. If I can get a slim for just a quick craigslist sale, and a quick drive to best buy, I'll go for it.

[quote name='sasuke543']The shipping is already added to the total of 295 ;)[/QUOTE]

shit then you did get a good deal then kudos.

Anyone know and/or confirm what the % back for Sears.com is? Everytime I go to checkout, I see nothing showing me the % (says it's 2-16) and even on the final screen it still says nothing.

I am such a technology whore... I bought a slim system today from Gamestop (thank you e-rewards for the 3 x $25 GCs!). Now to sell my 60GB fat.

[quote name='Chitown021']I am such a technology whore... I bought a slim system today from Gamestop (thank you e-rewards for the 3 x $25 GCs!). Now to sell my 60GB fat.[/QUOTE]
Ugh, you sound just like me! I want one b/c it's new and segsi.

I kinda want to keep my 60GB though since I still have my original launch PS2. Maybe when I get a theater room, I can justify having two PS3s. ;)

How quiet is the slim? My brother complains how loud the 60 gets. He would only accept a slim if it is whisper quiet. Have there been any sound tests done on the fan noise (dBs)?

the og is pretty quiet, the slim is even quieter, maybe there is something wrong with his.

go search joystiq, they had an article about it, iirc.

Ugh, put in an order for the slim but it won't be shipping from Amazon until the 8th apparently. I guess they're flooded with orders.

[quote name='enufs8d']How quiet is the slim? My brother complains how loud the 60 gets. He would only accept a slim if it is whisper quiet. Have there been any sound tests done on the fan noise (dBs)?[/QUOTE]

That all depends on how close to the system you sit really, since I can't hear my friends' families system(40gb) when it's on and he's playing a game. Then again, he cranks the volume up to where it's about 2 steps below deafening on their HDtv when he plays.

I sit about 3-5 feet from my PS3(and sat 3-5 feet from my fat model when I still had it) and after about 20-30 minutes it got quite loud. I mean, not as bad as a jet taking off or landing, but it was definitely loud. I had a 40gb model prior to getting the slim.

Thing is, I think how loud the fan gets is directly related to how much processing the system is doing at that point. When I was in the middle of a game, it would sound like my PC does when it's running an anti-virus scan, but when I was just sending messages to friends on PSN it got very quiet.

The slim model by comparison only seems to rev up to a humming sound when the fan(s) kick into high gear. It's not as prevalent as the fat models fans, but it is still noticeable.

The 60 gb models(which are commonly the ones in the kiosks in many stores) tend to sound like a jet plane when they get really warm though.

I don't have much of a basis for comparison as I never had an old PS3, but the Slim is pretty damn quiet. It's certainly quieter than a 360 running a game from the HDD, but not quite as quiet as the Wii. Basically, it's nothing to worry about noticing.

Anyway, I picked up a Slim last night. Dammit, Sony, you finally got me. These certainly aren't very scarce, but I can say that locating component cables in-store was a bit tricky. Stupid smaller towns. I miss Circuit City... if I want sealed copies of older games, I'm pretty SOL now. Wasn't real happy about that.

Bought the Slim on Sears.com, after 2 $50 gift cards and 8% cashback from Bing.com, my final price shipped with taxes is $205.02 :D Just waiting to find out when it will ship...

bread's done
Back