Sony PSP GameStop Exclusive Big Boss Bundle for Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker

Sharkey1337

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
Heads up on this recently announced for U.S. and Canada MGS: Peace Walker PSP Bundle! Gamestop currently has it up for preorder for $199.99. The bundle includes:

• “Camouflage” PSP-3000 system
  • Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker game on UMD featuring
  • Voucher for in-game content unlockable at the start of the game
  • 4GB Memory Stick PRO Duo
  • Premium carrying case
*though not on the website, other sites are claiming the bundle comes with a PlayStation Network downloadable movie voucher – title to be announced

link: http://www.gamestop.com/Catalog/ProductDetails.aspx?product_id=77627
for bigger picture of bundle, click on photo: http://kotaku.com/5512901/metal-gear-solid-peace-walker-big-boss-pack-sneaks-stateside

This may be the thing to push me into buying a PSP, definitely an awesome set! No luck in finding any good deals for it, but that's what this site is for!

Last edited by a moderator:
I need to see a larger picture of the system. The bundle looks like a great deal and I'm a sucker for MGS but I'd prefer a black PSP.

[quote name='Jesus_S_Preston']Gorgeous PSP. Wish I didn't have one already.[/QUOTE]

Agreed. And I barely even use mine. All I own are Metal Gear, Final Fantasy, and GTA games on it.

[quote name='ciaossu']I need to see a larger picture of the system. The bundle looks like a great deal and I'm a sucker for MGS but I'd prefer a black PSP.[/QUOTE]

I'm in the exact same boat as you. Though this bundle is definitely tempting.

[quote name='MoggSquad']Neat, but if I were to go PSP, I'd want a PSPgo.[/QUOTE]

Why? So you can pay MSRP on every game? :lol:

[quote name='oasisboy']Why? So you can pay MSRP on every game? :lol:[/QUOTE]

I'm sure you're right. I've been thinking of it more since I never played FF Tactics, FF VIII and FF IX (suppossedly coming out) from the PS store. I haven't followd PSP library in a while, but it's pretty disappointing compared to the DS. I tend to like RPG/Tactic games in the portable realm.

it's a cool bundle, but I'm probably in the minority for thinking the PSP itself looks a little tacky. I think I'd like it a lot more if it was just a solid army green color (like the color of the case), perhaps , and a peace walker logo engraved on the battery cover.

[quote name='oasisboy']Why? So you can pay MSRP on every game? :lol:[/QUOTE]

Wrong.

Hmmm, I wonder if anyone would be interested in everything but the PSP and I'll give them my PSP 3000 and then we both go in on the bundle.

I don't have a PSP and this is very tempting. However I had a question about the PSP/PS3 connectivity that I haven't been able to find a definitive answer to. I have read up on Remote Play a lot but I am interested in doing the opposite. If I buy a PSP, can I connect it to my PS3 and play PSP games on the big screen, in HD, using the Sixaxis controller? This is kind of a make a or break for me as I would love to play some of the PSP exclusive games and the Final Fantasy collections but am not interested in playing them on the small screen with the PSP's wonky control layout. Any information would be greatly appreciated. Apologies if this is a complete noob/ridiculous question. Thanks!

I think I am going to go with the original bundle for Peace Walker....dont really need the case for it and while the larger memory card would be nice, the psp itself looks BAD. I prefer the forest solid green color. Just my 2 cents.

[quote name='powersofi']I don't have a PSP and this is very tempting. However I had a question about the PSP/PS3 connectivity that I haven't been able to find a definitive answer to. I have read up on Remote Play a lot but I am interested in doing the opposite. If I buy a PSP, can I connect it to my PS3 and play PSP games on the big screen, in HD, using the Sixaxis controller? This is kind of a make a or break for me as I would love to play some of the PSP exclusive games and the Final Fantasy collections but am not interested in playing them on the small screen with the PSP's wonky control layout. Any information would be greatly appreciated. Apologies if this is a complete noob/ridiculous question. Thanks![/QUOTE]

You'll have to connect it directly to your TV through component cables. It won't be in HD. 480p. Games, eh, games don't take up more than 60% of the screen, if that. Movies are full screen from what I hear. You can hook up a sixaxis controller.

Already have a PSP, but looking at getting this so I don't have to worry about CFW with new games. Mighty tempting, and it doesn't hurt I'm a MGS fanboy.

Definitely would not want all that shit going on in the artwork distracting me from the screen during play. And even then it looks stuck somewhere between good looking and tacky. The other MGS PSP is great looking though.

Im waiting till e3, which is only a little time after this is released, to see if they announce a psp2.

[quote name='ssjmichael']it's a cool bundle, but I'm probably in the minority for thinking the PSP itself looks a little tacky. I think I'd like it a lot more if it was just a solid army green color (like the color of the case), perhaps , and a peace walker logo engraved on the battery cover.[/QUOTE]

http://kotaku.com/5494717/metal-gear-solid-peace-walker-shows-its-spirited-green-side

http://www.gamestop.com/Catalog/ProductDetails.aspx?product_id=77469

That's as close as it'll get to what you're asking for

I'm sure it's going to be retail box in there. It's a collector's item.

I wonder how much Gamestop would take my PSP-1000 for trade in for it.

[quote name='HCHecxz']I'm sure it's going to be retail box in there. It's a collector's item.

I wonder how much Gamestop would take my PSP-1000 for trade in for it.[/QUOTE]

So was the Star Wars bundle and that game came in a small wrapped sleeve.

[quote name='Gideon68']Strange - the GS link in the first post has a 4 GB stick but the one above (#22 post) has a 2 GB stick.[/QUOTE]

That's because they are two different bundles with two different PSPs (the one I posted was announced first, the solid green one comes with a 2GB stick).

The new camo one is badass and comes with a 4GB stick. It looks like it'll come in a special box from these pictures.

[quote name='prateeko']That's because they are two different bundles with two different PSPs (the one I posted was announced first, the solid green one comes with a 2GB stick).

The new camo one is badass and comes with a 4GB stick. It looks like it'll come in a special box from these pictures.[/QUOTE]

Stupid me, the colors looked different but I didn't take a second look to notice the actual difference.

[quote name='prateeko']That's because they are two different bundles with two different PSPs (the one I posted was announced first, the solid green one comes with a 2GB stick).

The new camo one is badass and comes with a 4GB stick. It looks like it'll come in a special box from these pictures.[/QUOTE]

It also comes with that green carrying case, and supposedly comes with a free PSN downloadable movie.

I want both! :p
Too bad I am pretty much against giving money to Lamestop and hate that they get exclusive deals and items... If the game doesn't come in a REAL case, this isn't a deal to me however... I wonder if you could bring the disc to the store and demand they give you a retail MGS:pW because the bundle is advertised to have the whole case? :)

Anyhow... this is pretty tempting... I've been meaning to upgrade my PSP-1000 with a nice PSP-3000 so I could use it for remote play/tv out

[quote name='mitnosi']Im waiting till e3, which is only a little time after this is released, to see if they announce a psp2.[/QUOTE]
I just want a psp-4000. Same form factor and specs as psp-3000 with bluetooth. Too bad it's never going to happen.

[quote name='Jesus_S_Preston']Gorgeous PSP. Wish I didn't have one already.[/QUOTE]

Yeah if I didnt have the kratos god of war limited edition psp already I might have picked this one up since I like metal gear so much.

Well, I'm a HUGE MGS fan, and will definitely be picking this up! I bought a PSP at launch several years ago; but after playing through the launch titles, I eventually sold it. I know people complain about a lack of games; but since I've missed out on the system for like four years, I should find plenty to play.

Besides, Peace Walker is supposedly 100+ hours long, so with me and my buddy both picking up this bundle, we should get more than our money's worth after playing Co-op.

So, I bought a PS2 for MGS2. A PS3 solely for MGS4. And now I'm buying a PSP (Again) for MGS:pW.

I too prefer the green one. I wonder about pricing though. Why does the Big Boss bundle come with a larger memory stick and a case for the same price? I also wonder if the game will come in one of those crappy cardboard cases instead of a real case.

[quote name='mitnosi']Im waiting till e3, which is only a little time after this is released, to see if they announce a psp2.[/QUOTE]
This! There's the typical PSP2 buzz starting to pick up, but I'm hoping it's a bit more substantial this year (with the 3DS coming out). Regardless, I need a new PSP since the screen on my 1001 cracked this past weekend (got caught between the seats in the car while charging for the kids) and I'll wait till after E3 to do it. Looking to sell my broken one on Ebay this week sometime.

Crap. Now I've got to cancel my other PSP bundle preorder. Hope the cashier at G$ knows what they're doing.

Woo-hoo! Just got off the phone with my mom, and she said she'd preorder it for me as a late birthday present. I'm super psyched!

[quote name='demented1'] I also wonder if the game will come in one of those crappy cardboard cases instead of a real case.[/QUOTE]

I believe that cardboard cases have been the norm for all previous bundles, so it unlikely that this time it will be different.

[quote name='mattcube64']Woo-hoo! Just got off the phone with my mom, and she said she'd preorder it for me as a late birthday present. I'm super psyched![/QUOTE]

I just got off the phone with her and she told me the same thing! :lol:
jk ;) your mom is pretty cool (in a good way).

[quote name='Serpentor']Darn, not gunmetal gray? I want another PSP to match my MGS PS3.[/QUOTE]

I still might get this bundle, but I agree with you, a gun metal gray would have been an instant purchase for me.

Was just looking on gamestop.com and just saw that a collectors edition to Peace Walker was just put up. Its 49.99 and comes with an art book.

I preordered the Big Boss PSP and now i want this too....Ugh. It would have been nice if that art book came with that bundle.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='demented1']I too prefer the green one. I wonder about pricing though. Why does the Big Boss bundle come with a larger memory stick and a case for the same price? I also wonder if the game will come in one of those crappy cardboard cases instead of a real case.[/QUOTE]

I've purchased PSP-2000 (Daxter) and 3000 (Hannah Montana) bundles in the past and the games/umds have always come in cardboard cases. It would be nice if they changed that trend, but I sort of doubt that they will.

[quote name='KillerRamen']I've purchased PSP-2000 (Daxter) and 3000 (Hannah Montana) bundles in the past and the games/umds have always come in cardboard cases. It would be nice if they changed that trend, but I sort of doubt that they will.[/QUOTE]

Maybe not because the old promo/display pictures for those systems didnt actually show the games in the cases. The Peace Walker systems actually show the game in a case. Its wishful thinking but hopefully thats the way it will come.

[quote name='cochesecochese']I just want a psp-4000. Same form factor and specs as psp-3000 with bluetooth. Too bad it's never going to happen.[/QUOTE]

And, ya know, a wireless protocol from this decade.

bread's done
Back