Sony Rewards Blu-ray/DVD Points thread

ssjmichael

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
I figured I'd create a thread in the movie section for Sony's Reward system. Everytime you buy a Sony Blu-ray or DVD it comes with a code that allows you to register your disc at sonyrewards.com. You get 30 points per BD, 15 points per DVD, and if you're a Sony Cardholder you get 45 points, and 25 points respectively. Registration is completely free.

Now the best part about this is the codes are multi-use. So anyone who buys a Sony pictures studio movie can pass along their code in this thread. I've made it a Wiki thread so you can easily add your code to the list. Please post in the thread which code you've added as well, thanks.

http://www.sonyrewards.com/en/earn/discs/

Here's the current list of eligible movies and some points to get things rolling:

21 Jump Street (Blu-ray) - SCZL9CH7
21 Jump Street (DVD) - WZNNNVBC
30 Minutes or Less (Blu-ray) - X862S38Y
30 Minutes or Less (DVD) - WZNNNVBC
Anonymous (Blu-ray) - WVKA3DTU
Anonymous (DVD) - 3HUF3GLW
Arthur Christmas (Blu-ray) - 5DGDZWDQ
Arthur Christmas (Blu-ray) - 5DGDZWDQ
Arthur Christmas (DVD) - ZCD29BMF
Attack the Block (Blu-ray) - 6AQAVJUQ
Attack the Block (DVD) - A27QFMGA
Bad Teacher (Blu-ray) - 7AL38LBD
Bad Teacher (DVD) - MVDPEBTT
Colombiana (Blu-ray) - CDQA55JB
Colombiana (DVD) - CBFTB636
Community Season 3 (DVD) - K6EBUP7C
Don’t Be Afraid of the Dark (Blu-ray) - LSBGNH7W
Don’t Be Afraid of the Dark (DVD) - YWP2Y476
Drive (Blu-ray) - J5DFP2NJ
Drive (DVD) - CF2EL2GN
Evil Dead (Blu-Ray) - TX58L9CK **Added August 1st**
Evil Dead (DVD)
Friends With Benefits (Blu-ray) - F5HZEFTZ
Friends With Benefits (DVD) - F4Z6GSZC
Ghost Rider: Spirit of Vengeance (Blu-ray) -F4Z6GSZC
Ghost Rider: Spirit of Vengeance (DVD) - X862S38Y
Here Comes the Boom (Blu-ray) - DVN4VSX2
Here Comes the Boom (DVD) - 49N79X8J
Hotel Transylvania (3D Blu-Ray) - RHHYNSTV
Hotel Transylvania (Blu-Ray) -RHHYNSTV
Hotel Transylvania (DVD) - 5YCBZ5QW
House of Cards: Season One (Blu-Ray)
House of Cards: Season One (DVD)
Jack and Jill (Blu-ray) - UJ7GL49G
Jack and Jill (DVD) - JQWP9NG3
Lawrence of Arabia (blu-ray) - None included
Lawrence of Arabia (blu-ray) - None included
Looper (Blu-ray) - P2YNSA48
Looper (DVD) - XPXQT87A
Men in Black 3 (Blu-ray 3D) - E5XXPR5S
Men in Black 3 (Blu-ray) - E5XXPR5S
Men in Black 3 (DVD) N5C4GP87
Midnight in Paris (Blu-ray) - 3N5Y9HV8
Midnight in Paris (DVD) - 5PR7G2G9
Moneyball (Blu-ray) - F34M8D9M
Moneyball (DVD) -3GPWGQHQ
Monty Python and the Holy Grail (Blu-ray) - M6ZYVJN9
Olympus Has Fallen (Blu-ray) - UEDXHUCF **Added August 16th**
Olympus Has Fallen (DVD)
Parker (Blu-Ray) - 8C66GFDX
Parker (DVD) - LJHL9A5H
Premium Rush (Blu-ray) - 3YMXGWV6
Premium Rush (DVD) - BZFR2RUW
Resident Evil: Damnation (Blu-ray) - S89JD2H5
Resident Evil: Retribution (Blu-ray 3D) - NB8TAN49
Resident Evil: Retribution (Blu-ray) - NB8TAN49
Resident Evil: Retribution (DVD) - 88BPYQTG
The Smurfs (Blu-ray) - PS4R328Q
The Smurf's (DVD) - SCZL9CH7
Seven Psychopaths (Blu-ray) - K9VMX5AS
Seven Psychopaths (DVD) - CRDC8VJ8
Sparkle (Blu-ray) - RLM53UN2
Sparkle (DVD) 5VYARBTQ
Straw Dogs (Blu-ray) - NE3FG9XZ
Straw Dogs (DVD) - SJBHW3ZB
That's My Boy (Blu-ray) - SKWJ5Y9T
That's My Boy (DVD) -- C5ANM4YH
The Amazing Spider-Man (Blu-ray 3D 3 Discs) - ZTAHMQS8
The Amazing Spider-Man (Blu-ray 3D 4-Discs) - ZTAHMQS8
The Amazing Spider-Man (Blu-ray) - ZTAHMQS8
The Amazing Spider-Man (DVD) - CRJBXWYC
The Call (Blu-Ray)
- 2RUTZ355
The Call (DVD)
The Guns of Navarone (Blu-ray) - GA4F3CC6
The Ides of March (Blu-ray) - 5W5FVRVT
The Ides of March (DVD) - 5EHN9GAX
The Pirates! Band of Misfits (Blu-ray) - UU9W7CJY
The Pirates! Band of Misfits (DVD) - VC9XH3H2
The Rum Diary (Blu-ray)- QJGKQSAU
The Rum Diary (DVD) - DRY7R5XP
The Vow (Blu-ray) - F34M8D9M
The Vow (DVD) - CBFTB636
Think Like A Man (Blu-ray) - BUMA6F6D
Think Like A Man (DVD) - 2Q4VF9JB
Total Recall (Blu-ray 3-discs) - DMB2YX8F
Total Recall (Blu-Ray) - DMB2YX8F
Total Recall (DVD) - 7x7262J8
Underworld: Awakening (Blu-ray) - YWP2Y476
Underworld: Awakening (DVD) - Q9GXM39H
Zero Dark Thirty (Blu-ray) - UKF9PZ8Y
Zero Dark Thirty (DVD) - 8BS7GBN5
Zookeeper (Blu-ray) - JQ9H9YG5
Zookeeper (DVD) - 2M75JW64

Notes:

It is 10 disk registrations in a ROLLING 30 day period with a maximum of 3 disk registrations per day
Red = Titles that are either not released yet, or no code has been posted for it

===========================================================================

So that's 945 points so far (1465 for cardholders). Feel free to post any for other movies listed there! Eventually we can earn enough to get some movies and other rewards from their site \\ :D/

Also I do realize there is a Sony Reward thread in the PS3 section, but it's a bit of a mess with movie codes posted here and there. I figured since this is a movie section it's best to have them all neatly organized in a centralized section.

(credit to the folks at Blu-ray.com for some of these codes)
============================================================================
Other ways to earn points

Get up to 250 points for playing the Elysium game. You don't actually have to play, just hit the Share link found on the page (under the game window) login to get 50 points, share on fb for another 200:

http://www.itsbetterupthere.com/game/safepassage/

Get Up to 250 Points by playing the White House Down game. 50 Points for playing, another 200 for sharing on FB: http://www.whitehousedown.com/game/enterthesecretservice/?sr=1
Wheel of Fortune Game for 10 pts:
http://www.sonyrewards.com/en/home/wof/

Answers for Wheel of Fortune are posted here daily right at the top of the page:
http://www.wheeloffortunesolutions.com/bonuspuzzle.html

yayawoo said:
Free 250 Sony Rewards Points by Playing This Is The End Game and Sharing on FB You will be asked to download the Unity Web Player.

1) Login to your Sony Reward account sonyrewards.com
2) Go to the Ways to Earn page: http://www.sonyrewards.com/en/earn/opportunities/
3) Click on the "This is the End - in Theaters June 12"
4) Download the Unity Web Player when asked
5) Play the game to get 50 points
6) Share on the FB to get 200 points

Last edited by a moderator:
I wanted to check if I am missing something on the Evil Dead points - do you have to have Facebook to get the 50 points? For Looper and Spiderman this was not the case, but I am not seeing anywhere to logon to get 'credit' for watching the video. I expect I am just been a doofus and am missing something so any help would be appreciated.

[quote name='TheCarsForever']I wanted to check if I am missing something on the Evil Dead points - do you have to have Facebook to get the 50 points? For Looper and Spiderman this was not the case, but I am not seeing anywhere to logon to get 'credit' for watching the video. I expect I am just been a doofus and am missing something so any help would be appreciated.[/QUOTE]

Did you get the 200 points without facebook? I can't even do anything because it says I need facebook and 17 friends on my list.

[quote name='Vandalia']how do you join? do the points reset?[/QUOTE]
Registration link is in the OP. (nice bold and orange word Registration ;))
As far as the points resetting: yes they do. They have a longer lifespan if you are a sony/playstation card member (you also accumulate more points, and have access to some exclusive rewrds, like the PSN/SEN e-cards, if I am not mistaken)

[quote name='ssjmichael']Did you get the 200 points without facebook? I can't even do anything because it says I need facebook and 17 friends on my list.[/QUOTE]

I don't have Facebook at all, but thought you would get 50 points for viewing the video. I don't see a way to get credit without logging in with a Facebook account. I was hoping there was something I was missing though and could still get the 50 points similar to the Looper and Spiderman promos.

[quote name='tylerh1701']That 17 friends thing is lame. Is it really worth selling out my real Facebook account for about $2.50 in points?[/QUOTE]

What selling out? Let it post to your account. Then go on to your wall and delete said post. That's what I did. It was only visible to my friends for the 10 seconds it took me to delete it.

[quote name='mpaullin']What selling out? Let it post to your account. Then go on to your wall and delete said post. That's what I did. It was only visible to my friends for the 10 seconds it took me to delete it.[/QUOTE]

Yup, that's what I did too. I'll FB like anyone to get something free, then unlike when I get the freebie.

Whenever I agree to let anything post to facebook I use the little settings tab and make it only visible to me. That way my friends don't have to see anything I do that may be spam and I don't have to delete every little thing I do. If I want to delete it I can do it when I have time and no one will be the wiser.

Hm.. I only ended up receiving 30 points (15 initial, 15 for the FB share) from the Looper video thing that's mentioned in the OP. Did they reduce the point value, ro did I do something wrong? I watched the video, completed the six survey segments, and shared on Facebook.

of my 2076 points, it says 361 are expiring on 3/31/2013. Is this the only time this year(2013-2014) those points will expire and do I still get to keep my other 1650+ points for now? Sorry for the question. I thought that all the points expired on 3/31 of each year

• If you don't have a Sony Card / PlayStation®Card: You earn Sony Rewards points on a calendar year basis. You can use your points at any time during the year they were earned and also for an additional three-month period in the following year. This means your points from the previous calendar year expire on March 31.
    For example, let's say you earn 10,000 Sony Rewards points in 2012. You use 5,000 of your points before the end of December, leaving 5,000 points unused at the start of 2013. You will have until March 31, 2013, to use the remaining 5,000 points that you earned in 2012. And, if you wish, you can combine these points with the points you earn from January to March 2013. At the end of March 2013, your unused Sony Rewards points from 2012 will expire — but any points you have earned in 2013 can still be used throughout the year 2013 and also for an additional three months in 2014.
  • If you have a Sony Card/PlayStation®Card: As a cardmember, your Sony Rewards points will expire 5 years from the end of the month in which they were earned. Points are redeemed on a first in/first out basis, so you have plenty of time to select the Sony Rewards item that interests you most.

[quote name='Josh1billion']Hm.. I only ended up receiving 30 points (15 initial, 15 for the FB share) from the Looper video thing that's mentioned in the OP. Did they reduce the point value, ro did I do something wrong? I watched the video, completed the six survey segments, and shared on Facebook.[/QUOTE]

Yes, they did lower it.

Might want to update the OP, but now it says maximum disc registration of 3 per month now.

Just tried, and got that error message.

Also just noticed you can earn up to 250 points for interacting with the Evil Dead app through facebook. You need a minimum of 17 friends.

Very Off-Topic - but you are good people here... :)

So I've had a Playstation card for two billing cycles, and it was advertised as getting 3X points on "mobile bill, quick serve restaurants etc" - I have several purchases that should have qualified but it looks like the points come over from Capital One to Sony in one giant pot rather than by individual purchases. Does anyone else have this card, do you get the points you're supposed to? Does it take longer that 1-2 billing cycles?

I'm aware there's customer service numbers for this but I just wanted to ask some real people before I get put in the phone circle of "You need to call Sony Rewards" from a Cap One rep and "You need to call Cap One" from a Sony rep.

Thank for any info.

[quote name='Sauron96']Very Off-Topic - but you are good people here... :)

Does anyone else have this card, do you get the points you're supposed to? Does it take longer that 1-2 billing cycles?

Thank for any info.[/QUOTE]

i too have this card and was wondering about the transfer period. it took me about 45 days before they transferred. but you need to make sure your register with sony rewards and link your accounts. hope this helps

[quote name='Sauron96']Very Off-Topic - but you are good people here... :)

So I've had a Playstation card for two billing cycles, and it was advertised as getting 3X points on "mobile bill, quick serve restaurants etc" - I have several purchases that should have qualified but it looks like the points come over from Capital One to Sony in one giant pot rather than by individual purchases. Does anyone else have this card, do you get the points you're supposed to? Does it take longer that 1-2 billing cycles?

I'm aware there's customer service numbers for this but I just wanted to ask some real people before I get put in the phone circle of "You need to call Sony Rewards" from a Cap One rep and "You need to call Cap One" from a Sony rep.

Thank for any info.[/QUOTE]

I've got the PlayStation Visa CapitalOne card. With my account, any purchases made during one month will result in their bonuses (cashback) appearing on the following month's statement. So my mobile phone bill paid this month will have its 3% back in Sony Rewards points appear on the following statement (for use on next month).

I wish that Sony Rewards/CapitalOne would break out which transactions qualified for what cashback/SR points totals. I'm still not sure if fast food restaurants like McDonalds count as "quick serve restaurants", as sometimes when I try totaling up the amount of SR points I should be getting based on a monthly statement, they don't quite add up correctly. I'm just glad that any PSN purchases always get back 10% as SR points :)

[quote name='my2k2zx2']
  • If you don't have a Sony Card / PlayStation®Card: You earn Sony Rewards points on a calendar year basis. You can use your points at any time during the year they were earned and also for an additional three-month period in the following year. This means your points from the previous calendar year expire on March 31.
    For example, let's say you earn 10,000 Sony Rewards points in 2012. You use 5,000 of your points before the end of December, leaving 5,000 points unused at the start of 2013. You will have until March 31, 2013, to use the remaining 5,000 points that you earned in 2012. And, if you wish, you can combine these points with the points you earn from January to March 2013. At the end of March 2013, your unused Sony Rewards points from 2012 will expire — but any points you have earned in 2013 can still be used throughout the year 2013 and also for an additional three months in 2014.
[/QUOTE]

But I earned like 600 points in 2012. Why would it say only 361 points are expiring?

Just a reminder that a chunk of your points may be expiring in a few days (3/31). If you have a Sony Card or a PlayStation®Card registered with your account then it is likely you have longer. Time to make use of them before they go away if they are expiring. I really didn't find much of interest, but will end up getting a couple gift cards. Can't argue with a free meal!

You can see what points are expiring and when by clicking MY ACCOUNT in the top right of the Sony Rewards site and then MY TRANSACTIONS on the menu. Near the top of the transaction list, you will see a breakout of points similar to the following:
My points: 2,000
Points on hold: 0
Points expiring on 03/31/2013: 1,200
Just make sure to use up the points expiring before the expiration date!

Just needed to bitch about this program a little. A few days ago there were a bunch of gift cards that showed as available. When I went to redeem for them yesterday all showed as "not available" when adding them to the cart. There was no unavailable or sold out notation on the item itself, only when attempting to add it to the cart. Now virtually all gift cards can only be redeemed if you have a Sony Card.

I am sure it is a pure coincidence that this change occurred in the last few days that non-Sony Card rewards members can redeem their points from last year. It is really crappy to do this.

All of this said, I am using my points to purchase a couple overpriced 3D Blu Rays from the Sony Store. I would have preferred to use the points for gift cards, but I am definitely not letting the points expire. Even though the prices are high, I am only having to cough up a few bucks for one and nothing for the other.

[quote name='walterdude']I've literally only registered 5 discs... And now it says I've reached the maximum disc registerations wtf?[/QUOTE]

How lar apart were the registrations?

Nice, looks like they extended points for another year! Glad I didn't rush to spend my 1400... maybe I can get a free Blu-ray now 8O

Wish they revert back to the old policy. Gonna take forever to get the last few products registered.

Is anyone having trouble registering the disc codes in the OP? I tried entering a few codes yet it's telling me that "I've reached the maximum number of disc restrictions" even though I haven't entered anything in over a week :whistle2:s

[quote name='Interstella 5555']Is anyone having trouble registering the disc codes in the OP? I tried entering a few codes yet it's telling me that "I've reached the maximum number of disc restrictions" even though I haven't entered anything in over a week :whistle2:s[/QUOTE]
Try every 3-4 days -- it'll eventually let you (you can do up to 10/month, max 3/day)

I usually have trouble at the beginning of the month -- my monthly limit resets around mid-month so I don't bother trying until 15-18th of each month

[quote name='JaTaN']Try every 3-4 days -- it'll eventually let you (you can do up to 10/month, max 3/day)

I usually have trouble at the beginning of the month -- my monthly limit resets around mid-month so I don't bother trying until 15-18th of each month[/QUOTE]

Ok that helps, thanks!

btw is two the max for submitting tickets? I have four for Evil Dead and want to get credit for each of them.

[quote name='JaTaN']Try every 3-4 days -- it'll eventually let you (you can do up to 10/month, max 3/day)

I usually have trouble at the beginning of the month -- my monthly limit resets around mid-month so I don't bother trying until 15-18th of each month[/QUOTE]

Also make sure you are doing the Wheel of Fortune game every weekday as well. 10 points a day = 50 points a week! = 2,600 points a year! That is a decent amount of points for simply going here to enter the daily phrase which can be found here.

Unfortunately I have entered all of the movie codes so I am stuck with just the Wheel Of Fortune game and waiting for the movie codes we are missing.

Off topic but this is the only thread I know of that discusses Sony Rewards. I've had the Playstation Credit Card and have been using it for about a year and a hald. The only thing I have ever redeemed with my rewards is PSN credit. I went to go pick up a card just now and it told me that I've "reached the maximum purchases for this item". Anyone one know what the specific restrictions are for PSN credit? Will I never be able to get a $10 card again? I guess I could get $20 cards, but it takes me so long to get enough points for the $10 I might just cancel the card and get one with more worthwhile rewards...

[quote name='mpaullin']Off topic but this is the only thread I know of that discusses Sony Rewards. I've had the Playstation Credit Card and have been using it for about a year and a hald. The only thing I have ever redeemed with my rewards is PSN credit. I went to go pick up a card just now and it told me that I've "reached the maximum purchases for this item". Anyone one know what the specific restrictions are for PSN credit? Will I never be able to get a $10 card again? I guess I could get $20 cards, but it takes me so long to get enough points for the $10 I might just cancel the card and get one with more worthwhile rewards...[/QUOTE]

Just redeem for the Sony Entertainment Network card, its the same thing.

[quote name='jgiovanni']Just redeem for the Sony Entertainment Network card, its the same thing.[/QUOTE]

Thank you, kindly. I didn't know anything about those codes.

[quote name='nabor605']Nice, it's a pretty crapptacular game, but I did get 50 points for playing it and 200 more for Facebook sharing it (deleted the Facebook share post right after though).[/QUOTE]

Craptacular is an understatement. That game was awful. Do you have to beat it under the time limit to get the points? Does anyone know, I'm just curious. Anyways, thanks to the person that posted it. 250 points is 250 points.

Do they ever have video games stuff as their Deal of the Day, Deal of the Week, or Reverse Auction?

[quote name='tylerh1701']Craptacular is an understatement. That game was awful. Do you have to beat it under the time limit to get the points? Does anyone know, I'm just curious. Anyways, thanks to the person that posted it. 250 points is 250 points.

Do they ever have video games stuff as their Deal of the Day, Deal of the Week, or Reverse Auction?[/QUOTE]

I didn't go very far, died, and got the points then.
as to the Deal of the day/week/reverse auction. Each time I looked, it was non-video game items... but I am not stalking the site, so don't take my word for it :)

[quote name='mpaullin']Off topic but this is the only thread I know of that discusses Sony Rewards. I've had the Playstation Credit Card and have been using it for about a year and a hald. The only thing I have ever redeemed with my rewards is PSN credit. I went to go pick up a card just now and it told me that I've "reached the maximum purchases for this item". Anyone one know what the specific restrictions are for PSN credit? Will I never be able to get a $10 card again? I guess I could get $20 cards, but it takes me so long to get enough points for the $10 I might just cancel the card and get one with more worthwhile rewards...[/QUOTE]

I've got the same issue now too with $10 PSN codes. I sent a Tweet and email to Sony Rewards for help, and they replied saying I'd have to contact them via phone to solve my problem :/ I figured I'd just get $10 SEN codes or just save up more for $20 and $50 PSN/SEN codes instead. Having a PlayStation card, in addition to these disc-registration codes, really adds up with SR points fairly quickly.

[quote name='tylerh1701']Craptacular is an understatement. That game was awful. Do you have to beat it under the time limit to get the points? Does anyone know, I'm just curious. Anyways, thanks to the person that posted it. 250 points is 250 points.

Do they ever have video games stuff as their Deal of the Day, Deal of the Week, or Reverse Auction?[/QUOTE]

I've been a member of SR for nearly a year now, and so far in their emails I've never noticed a videogame-related deal. Usually Sony discounts their headhphones, tablets, cameras, etc. In a lot of cases their "discounts" aren't all that amazing anyway, compared to what you can just pay for an item elsewhere (i.e. Amazon). I just use SR for saving up on points towards PSN/SEN credits :)

[quote name='nabor605']I've been a member of SR for nearly a year now, and so far in their emails I've never noticed a videogame-related deal. Usually Sony discounts their headhphones, tablets, cameras, etc. In a lot of cases their "discounts" aren't all that amazing anyway, compared to what you can just pay for an item elsewhere (i.e. Amazon). I just use SR for saving up on points towards PSN/SEN credits :)[/QUOTE]

That's exactly what I've done, and what I'll continue to do. Thanks!

I'm trying to get some games from Sony Rewards, and lo and behold they're wanting $6 each for shipping. Is there a way (via coupon code or something) to order stuff with free or reduced shipping?

[quote name='quesog32']I'm trying to get some games from Sony Rewards, and lo and behold they're wanting $6 each for shipping. Is there a way (via coupon code or something) to order stuff with free or reduced shipping?[/QUOTE]

Link your account to the Sony Store and buy your items there. Shipping is free with a $25 purchase

http://store.sony.com/

bread's done
Back